Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone else already, but when HW volunteered that he’d been told the baby broke her arm at her dad’s, the first thing I thought was “he’s saying that because he knows there is going to be evidence that she has had a broken arm (possibly an untreated one) when she is recovered.” Because what a strange piece of information to volunteer, completely unprompted, when no mention had ever been made of a broken arm or any other injury... reminds me a lot of an episode of Forensic Files I watched yesterday.

JMHO.
That is exactly what I thought when he said that. It was just an odd thing to throw out there unless you're trying to get ahead of the story.

I just watched the three reporters discussing the interview that one of them conducted with MB. The reporter explained that MB wanted to be in the cemetery because that's where her best friend is buried and she felt closer to her there. HOWEVER, the reporter said that the best friend died "a couple of years ago," but that MB wanted to be near her deceased friend because the deceased friend had know Evelyn. If Evelyn is 15 months old, how did the best friend know her, when she died a couple of years ago?

Now I'm wondering if there is God forbid some occult practice going on here. Speculation only, of course. But to insist on an 11 PM interview in a cemetery is weird enough, but the ostensible reason for it can't be true, if the reporter's info is accurate.

It's bad enough that MB is going in circles and contradicting herself, giggling about not knowing passwords etc., insisting that she will look for Evelyn herself, but not meaning it. But now I'm thinking something very evil might have happened to this poor baby. I really hope I'm wrong.
Well the interview was recorded as it got dark. And the friend died very close to when EB was born. So they were close through the pregnancy.

One thing I haven’t seen anyone else speculate on...maybe the woman next to her during this latest interview is the supportive grandmother we heard about in the first interview? MB was much more assertive about pointing the finger at her mom this time, so maybe that’s her paternal grandmother? Just speculating.

MB smiling throughout the interview made me sick. And saying she thought Evelyn was safe may have made sense when she was insinuating she was with her mom, but that has since become a camper in Mendota. How can she still say she thinks EB is safe?

The women next to her is the mom of MB’s best friend who passed away a couple years back. In fact MB requested they do the interview in the graveyard where her best friend is buried.

This was confirmed by the reporter who conducted the interview.

ADMIN NOTE:

Looks like there is some tidy-up required in the thread due to posts sourced from social media. Such posts are not normally allowed in WS discussions, so they will be removed as soon as we get time.

As the grandma and boyfriend have been arrested, members may discuss those arrests as reported in MSM. At this time however, members are NOT allowed to sleuth and post about social media of those individuals or any other individual who has not been officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

If Tricia makes a thread specific exception to the above, it will be posted on the thread.

this baby is MISSING she didnt just miss a roll call

ADMIN NOTE:

Looks like there is some tidy-up required in the thread due to posts sourced from social media. Such posts are not normally allowed in WS discussions, so they will be removed as soon as we get time.

As the grandma and boyfriend have been arrested, members may discuss those arrests as reported in MSM. At this time however, members are NOT allowed to sleuth and post about social media of those individuals or any other individual who has not been officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

If Tricia makes a thread specific exception to the above, it will be posted on the thread.

@sillybilly Can you explain to me why the mom bashing is being allowed to continue NON STOP when she's not named a POI and police have said she's not accused of wrong doing ? I don't get it.

All Eyes on Murphy Village - Metro Spirit

Interesting history of Travellers/Gypsies and curious story of South Carolina CPS removing children from young Traveller mothers:

When the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office requested the public’s assistance this past week in locating two missing juveniles from Murphy Village in North Augusta, it got a lot of attention.

The two missing girls are both underage. One girl is 15-year-old Josie Mulholland, who may also go by Josie O’Hara. The other missing girl is Josie’s infant daughter, 11-month-old Saylor Mulholland.

Authorities believe the Irish Travellers living in Murphy Village could possibly be hiding the juvenile girls due to recent actions by the South Carolina Department of Social Services.

Just last month, the South Carolina Department of Social Services removed six young girls, ages ranging from 6 to 13, from their parents’ custody. One of the girls has been returned to her parents, but the other five remain in state custody.

The children were allegedly removed during the middle of the school day from Our Lady of Peace Catholic School by DSS.

While DSS says it cannot publicly comment on the case involving the children, many local residents believe that the agency is looking into allegations that these young girls were already being groomed for the Irish Travellers’ custom of arranged marriages.

Some have gone further to suggest that the state is looking into allegations of sexual abuse.

The Irish Travellers themselves insist such allegations are completely false and they have posted dozens of yard signs along Highway 25 demanding that their children be returned.

“We’d rather not be called gypsies, but it’s lost its sting, its meaning. It’s not particularly offensive anymore.”
— Julie, an Irish Traveller

The red and white yard signs read “Free Our Kids,” and “Legal Kidnapping.” Other signs read “D.S.S. Stole Our Daughters” and “D.S.S. Out of Control.”

Murphy Village’s accusations against DSS, along with the recent indictment of about 20 Irish Travellers in North Augusta regarding a federal fraud case, has once again turned the spotlight on Murphy Village.

While some residents may point to a 2012 episode of TLC’s “My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding” that was filmed in North Augusta as an example of life in Murphy Village, like most reality shows on television, it was a bit misleading.

The show involved Tamara and Bill McKown, a couple who was married in 2011 in North Augusta. But Tamara McKown was a non-Traveller from Tennessee, so it really wasn’t your typical Irish Traveller wedding.

However, there have been several individuals over the years who have studied the secluded Murphy Village community in in an attempt to learn more about its secretive culture.

One such person is Crystan LaTorah Dowds of Duke University’s Department of Cultural Anthropology, who also happens to be a native Augustan.

In 2013, Dowds wrote a fascinating thesis while studying at Duke called, “Denouncing White Privilege and Re-examining Marginality: Productions and Consequences of Difference between Travelers and non-Travelers in North Augusta, S.C.”

In the thesis, Dowds wrote that she took a medical leave of absence from Duke several years ago and spent time with relatives who lived off Highway 25 in North Augusta.

Her relatives are not Irish Travellers, but she had an opportunity to closely observe the relationship between those living in Murphy Village and North Augusta residents that she described as “non-Travellers.”

Dowds’ thesis is particularly interesting because it is written from a local person’s point of view after spending a significant amount of time in North Augusta near Murphy Village.

She was also able to convince two Irish Travellers to participate in candid interviews about Murphy Village.

Dowds began her thesis explaining that she took a job in 2011 near Highway 25 and was surprised about how quickly the topic of Irish Traveller came up in conversation among her fellow employees.

“So, Crystan, where you from?” she wrote that her co-workers asked.

“When we have our little girls all dressed up for a party, and we go out in public, to a restaurant or something, I’m embarrassed.”
— Susan, an Irish Traveller

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone else already, but when HW volunteered that he’d been told the baby broke her arm at her dad’s, the first thing I thought was “he’s saying that because he knows there is going to be evidence that she has had a broken arm (possibly an untreated one) when she is recovered.” Because what a strange piece of information to volunteer, completely unprompted, when no mention had ever been made of a broken arm or any other injury... reminds me a lot of an episode of Forensic Files I watched yesterday.

JMHO.
I had a completely different take on the comment. I thought MB told HW that info because she wanted to disparage Ethan to her new boyfriend:"see what happens when father has parenting time with child. He can't be trusted." Of course, I had no idea she had already set up a social media account with the last name of "Wood."

JMO

Her dad is very proud of the fact that they are not ringleaders and they are not the type of gypsies who are "out there kidnapping babies?"

That's an odd thing to be proud of. I wonder why she would even bring that up.

Her story about asking her mother to take her to the baby and 'just end this right' now reminds me of Casey Anthony but with the roles reversed. She's saying everything Casey's mom said when she was asking her daughter where the baby was.

Imo

In response to MB’s mention of Gypsies. Not to stereo type at all, I lived in philly a long time ago next to a family of Romani Gypsies and was friends with one of the kids. After some time I noticed one of the siblings was no longer there and occasionally there would be other random children. When I asked my friend he said it was normal, sometimes they moved a lot or swapped living with other Gypsies. Not sure if they meant family or just other Romani Gypsies in general. This boy told me they were also not to date outside of the Romani Gypsies or as they called it a gorger. Being hopeful here it was just some odd hand off of the child and she’s alive, but her story sounds so scattered. The other fact I remembered was while they celebrated some traditional holidays I remember Christmas they made nice food of some sort but it was nothing like a traditional Christmas tree etc. not sure what the boswells beliefs were but maybe they didn’t celebrate Christmas? I hope someone leads to that sweet little baby, not to keep comparing this family to the one i knew but they definitely banded together and you did not cross the mother. Prayers & justice for little Evelyn

Last edited:
this baby is MISSING she didnt just miss a roll call
She certainly didn't seem too concerned during her interview. She just chatted happily about her baby like she wasn't missing at all. Until she was prompted to show some emotion, that is.

It sounds to me like she may have felt Evelynn was a difficult baby. She said she started walking early and that was "hard." She mentioned her habit of pulling on her hair. She was so relieved one day when she thought she was going to pull her hair but instead she kissed her so she hugged her and cried for a week? That's what made her feel such strong affection for her?

She also mentions breaking a lot of phones. I wonder how she broke them. Does she have a temper?

Imo

All Eyes on Murphy Village - Metro Spirit

Interesting history of Travellers/Gypsies and curious story of South Carolina CPS removing children from young Traveller mothers:

When the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office requested the public’s assistance this past week in locating two missing juveniles from Murphy Village in North Augusta, it got a lot of attention.

The two missing girls are both underage. One girl is 15-year-old Josie Mulholland, who may also go by Josie O’Hara. The other missing girl is Josie’s infant daughter, 11-month-old Saylor Mulholland.

Authorities believe the Irish Travellers living in Murphy Village could possibly be hiding the juvenile girls due to recent actions by the South Carolina Department of Social Services.

Just last month, the South Carolina Department of Social Services removed six young girls, ages ranging from 6 to 13, from their parents’ custody. One of the girls has been returned to her parents, but the other five remain in state custody.

The children were allegedly removed during the middle of the school day from Our Lady of Peace Catholic School by DSS.

While DSS says it cannot publicly comment on the case involving the children, many local residents believe that the agency is looking into allegations that these young girls were already being groomed for the Irish Travellers’ custom of arranged marriages.

Some have gone further to suggest that the state is looking into allegations of sexual abuse.

The Irish Travellers themselves insist such allegations are completely false and they have posted dozens of yard signs along Highway 25 demanding that their children be returned.

“We’d rather not be called gypsies, but it’s lost its sting, its meaning. It’s not particularly offensive anymore.”
— Julie, an Irish Traveller

The red and white yard signs read “Free Our Kids,” and “Legal Kidnapping.” Other signs read “D.S.S. Stole Our Daughters” and “D.S.S. Out of Control.”

Murphy Village’s accusations against DSS, along with the recent indictment of about 20 Irish Travellers in North Augusta regarding a federal fraud case, has once again turned the spotlight on Murphy Village.

While some residents may point to a 2012 episode of TLC’s “My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding” that was filmed in North Augusta as an example of life in Murphy Village, like most reality shows on television, it was a bit misleading.

The show involved Tamara and Bill McKown, a couple who was married in 2011 in North Augusta. But Tamara McKown was a non-Traveller from Tennessee, so it really wasn’t your typical Irish Traveller wedding.

However, there have been several individuals over the years who have studied the secluded Murphy Village community in in an attempt to learn more about its secretive culture.

One such person is Crystan LaTorah Dowds of Duke University’s Department of Cultural Anthropology, who also happens to be a native Augustan.

In 2013, Dowds wrote a fascinating thesis while studying at Duke called, “Denouncing White Privilege and Re-examining Marginality: Productions and Consequences of Difference between Travelers and non-Travelers in North Augusta, S.C.”

In the thesis, Dowds wrote that she took a medical leave of absence from Duke several years ago and spent time with relatives who lived off Highway 25 in North Augusta.

Her relatives are not Irish Travellers, but she had an opportunity to closely observe the relationship between those living in Murphy Village and North Augusta residents that she described as “non-Travellers.”

Dowds’ thesis is particularly interesting because it is written from a local person’s point of view after spending a significant amount of time in North Augusta near Murphy Village.

She was also able to convince two Irish Travellers to participate in candid interviews about Murphy Village.

Dowds began her thesis explaining that she took a job in 2011 near Highway 25 and was surprised about how quickly the topic of Irish Traveller came up in conversation among her fellow employees.

“So, Crystan, where you from?” she wrote that her co-workers asked.

“When we have our little girls all dressed up for a party, and we go out in public, to a restaurant or something, I’m embarrassed.”
— Susan, an Irish Traveller

WOW. Just WOW. Utter garbage.

One last fun fact. For not being “gypsies” if you look up the most common Gypsies last names Boswell is in the top 5 for “British Gypsies”. I agree it was odd she brought that up and was defensive which prompted me to look further. Not that their nationality or heritage has anything to do with this, but looking into why she found it needed to be said nationally is definitely questionable.

The Sheriff said in the Presser that nobody (including Maggie/Mom) has been ruled out I believe and this was said after he made mention of Maggie/Mom's various conflicting stories. Maggie/Mom today attempted to offer additional information to say that she had been threatened by her Mother (no details on what her Mother was threatening her with unfortunately) and had asked to have EB returned to her but that her mother had refused.

We also know that Maggie/Mom was in Court possibly due to the CPS involvement in the situation of missing EB but we don't know for sure as it could be a case that there was another CPS action involving Maggie. Maggie/Mom wouldn't talk about why she was in Court recently and when she was asked about the situation only made mention that she usually has her Grandmother come with her but that her Grandmother was not with her for this Court appearance.

I do wonder if Maggie/Mom thought that CPS would perhaps take action to remove EB from her care and whether this fear might have prompted her 'hand off' of the toddler to her mother so that CPS could not access the child? Maybe the situation got out of hand with her Mother, a new Maggie BF entered the picture and 2 months passed and perhaps CPS was asking Maggie/Mom to produce her daughter but she wasn't able to do so?

The stories told so far from the 'stolen car' per Maggie/Mom to the Court testimony of Grandmothers BF that the car had been 'given to them by Maggie/Mom' all seem IMO clearly designed to confuse.

MOO

Reflecting on TrapperKeepers post ^^^^, could it be possible that baby Evelyn has been given to another Gypsy family to raise?

Perhaps it was MB’s mother AB who arranged the exchange. I would think that MB is too young to know who to contact or how to go about arranging for another family to care for baby EB.

We must remember that unless we have direct knowledge on the beliefs of Gypsy’s, we are unaware of their culture.

My opinions only.

In response to MB’s mention of Gypsies. Not to stereo type at all, I lived in philly a long time ago next to a family of Romani Gypsies and was friends with one of the kids. After some time I noticed one of the siblings was no longer there and occasionally there would be other random children. When I asked my friend he said it was normal, sometimes they moved a lot or swapped living with other Gypsies. Not sure if they meant family or just other Romani Gypsies in general. This boy told me they were also not to date outside of the Romani Gypsies or as they called it a gorger. Being hopeful here it was just some odd hand off of the child and she’s alive, but her story sounds so scattered. The other fact I remembered was while they celebrated some traditional holidays I remember Christmas they made nice food of some sort but it was nothing like a traditional Christmas tree etc. not sure what the boswells beliefs were but maybe they didn’t celebrate Christmas? I hope someone leads to that sweet little baby, not to keep comparing this family to the one i knew but they definitely banded together and you did not cross the mother. Prayers & justice for little Evelyn

In the Romany culture I grew up in I would say your friends experience was typical. Most families in the US don't move around a lot anymore (mine did, we were poor!) but it wasn't uncommon to live with other people for periods of time or stay at someones house especially if they had same gendered/aged children. I had many mothers growing up. Generations live together or very close together in a close knit community. It's very "open door" policy.

Being nomadic, family is everything (be that biological or chosen) and those ties are extremely important to Romany people (family would include family of choice). It's a hierarchical culture and while overseas it's patriarchal it's not as much stateside. You still respect and don't question your elders both by rule and necessity (you are often dependent on them) . Solidarity with family is extremely important. It's strongly held thought that sticking together keeps away evil, hunger and well... just about everything bad.

Rarely are marriages arranged in the states anymore. I'd go as far to say thats a dead custom here. Though you are encouraged to marry other Travellers. We do tend to marry younger than most but no one here is marrying off their children. Later teen/ early 20 marriages are common. I'd say that the stance on divorce is different here than overseas as well with it being much more acceptable here. Women are still encouraged to work problems out no matter how severe with divorce being a very last resort reserved primarily for domestic abuse.

Holidays and celebrations vary by origin but I wouldn't expect to see an American "Christmas". For my family it's about forgiveness and remembering those that have passed. We do advent as our "gifting" so daily gifts in a count down fashion but it's mostly for the children. Christmas Eve is for fun, friends, family, food and games / drinking in some cases. Christmas morning you might visit a cemetery to pay respects and the meal is usually a quieter feast with fortune spreading for the new year and forgiveness for the past one. Some cultures decorate elaborately but mine does not. It's a tradition to put food out as an offering for the deceased . I wouldn't find it extremely weird for a Romani child to not have "Christmas photos". I don't think I have any of my kid this year that most would call Christmas photos. With a baby maybe more common to have holiday themed pics however.

Last edited:

MOO. Wow. I don't know if I've ever seen an interview like this with the mother of a missing child. I can't seem to get a feel for her at all. My thoughts:
  • She's smiling a lot. Is that a nervous smile or a liar smile?
  • Who is sitting next to her? She seems to be coached or influenced by that person.
  • It's so hard for my mind to imagine a person doing this interview if everything was a lie. Is there some truth to what she's saying? She looked straight at the camera at the end talking to her mom saying it's gone on long enough. That seemed more real to me.
  • The way she describes Evelyn is odd. Saying she's never been mean?? Saying she pulled her hair. Just odd .
  • When talking about her family not being a cult she said it's not like we're kidnapping babies. That really was odd considering her baby has supposedly been kidnapped by her mother.
IMO I'm glad she gave this interview. She just gave LE a lot more information. I hope LE just says take us to Evelyn. I feel a break is coming very soon with Grandma coming back too.

MOO.

Reflecting on TrapperKeepers post ^^^^, could it be possible that baby Evelyn has been given to another Gypsy family to raise?

Perhaps it was MB’s mother AB who arranged the exchange. I would think that MB is too young to know who to contact or how to go about arranging for another family to care for baby EB.

We must remember that unless we have direct knowledge on the beliefs of Gypsy’s, we are unaware of their culture.

My opinions only.
Whatever their culture or her age, it doesn't change the fact that her baby is missing and the mother is responsible for her well-being, even while in the care of another.

If the mom or grandmother handed off the child to another family then they need to cooperate with LE. So far nobody seems to be giving LE any information that leads to finding Evelyn. How could they have lost track of a baby and no-one has any idea where she is? It doesn't really matter what their culture is.

Imo

One last fun fact. For not being “gypsies” if you look up the most common Gypsies last names Boswell is in the top 5 for “British Gypsies”. I agree it was odd she brought that up and was defensive which prompted me to look further. Not that their nationality or heritage has anything to do with this, but looking into why she found it needed to be said nationally is definitely questionable.

It's not questionable at all. Romani / Travellers have faced discrimination for 100's of years and it continues. In fact, there have been absurd and hurtful stereotypes said here.

Just a few posts ago people were accusing MB of possibly being involved in the occult because she wanted to be near her deceased best friend for the interview. We keep very strong connection to those who have passed. It's not at all weird to me to want her best friend close when she's lost her child and is under a lot of stress. She likely believes that having her close will give her strength and guide her in finding Evelyn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member