Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 25, 2020
'Stick to the official sources' | Social media helps, hinders search for Evelyn Boswell
[...]

With as much interaction as this AMBER Alert is getting online, it's easy for the truth to get a little muddled.

[...]

"There are a number of people sharing information on social media that's not accurate and it's not factual and in some cases that can hinder the investigation," said Leslie Earhart with the TBI.

[...]

"The fact that there's such a low barrier to entry into social media conversations means that anyone can interject and speculate and there's potential for those stories, whether they're real or not, to catch on and be spread," said Boatwright.

Any possible tips posted online aren't making it to the people who can investigate.

[...]

True and confirmed information will come from the TBI, Sullivan County Sheriff's Office and local news outlets, which get information directly from those agencies.

"Stick to the official sources and don't necessary believe everything you see online," said Earhart.

[...]

I know some people here don't want to see it from outside of their own experience bubble but unless you've been on the receiving end of systematic racism you will have to really expand your heart and empathy to understand it.

Someone who is Romani that I know had CPS called on them because their child was "always dirty" according to multiple reports from parents at the childs school. They reported he often had black eyes and bruising and obviously was being abused. He wasn't dirty, he didn't have bruises. He has an OLIVE SKIN TONE. CPS was threatening to remove the child from his parents care for his skin tone. The mother had to bathe the child in front of the CPS worker to show them it didn't wash off and they were still monitored after that. That's one experience of many.

Tell me how that fosters any trust or belief that the law and CPS are there to help us keep our children safe? Would you feel safe going to them after experiencing that or something similar?

I find this very hard to believe, having dealt with over-worked, under-paid CPS staff. They are not going to remove a child based on skin tone - at least not in this country that has every skin tone known to mankind. I would be cautious to believe what this person told you. Are there mistakes made? Yes, and usually it's bent the other way - a child should have been removed and wasn't. In any case, one case is not something a sane, logical person (of any culture) would decide whether to trust or distrust "the law" or CPS in the case of a missing child. (I also find this logic illogical in the case of Dulce). Do these people (of various backgrounds) think their child is just going to show back up w/o the help of investigators? I don't think so. Just bc you are from a different culture doesn't mean you are dumb, illogical, devoid of moral obligations, put yourself over the well-being of a child, etc. In addition, just bc you are from a "different" culture also doesn't mean you get a free pass and can't be suspected of suspicious behavior when that is exactly what it is. So here's my opinion. It's offensive to assume people of various cultures are like children that need to be coddled or are not capable of "doing the right thing". Educated or uneducated, they are still people that are not stupid and deserve to be held to the same standards of the society & laws of the land they are living in.

In her latest interview MB was very hesitant to specifically name what she got Evelyn for Christmas, she was asked twice. She did not buy that baby gifts, she knows she’s not going to open them and I’ve officially lost hope :(

Until she eventually said she bought her baby shark stuff, clothes, etc. That was one of many moments I thought “I’m glad she’s too dumb to lawyer up.” I can’t wait for LE to ask her where all of those Christmas presents are. I lost hope a while ago, so now I’m just hoping she doesn’t get away with it.

Last edited:
you guys really think tonight is " the interview" ??

you could be right although i am a fan of watching hat eating whatever leads to a conclusion i am ok with
This case has been crazy......I'm going to eat a hat, phew I don't have to eat a hat, here's me eating a hat, no hats for me today, etc....

I thought the same, but while Sullivan County doesn’t administer polygraphs, TBI does. Someone posted earlier that TBI has a policy to not administer them in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of a pregnancy. So I’m guessing that’s what she was talking about.

Maybe, but I don't *think* so, because I think the sheriff's office said that in response to her saying she had been there (sheriff's office) for a polygraph. I'm trying to find the article where I read it.

Well AB better have one heck of a journal and alibi for the last 2 plus months. If she is with sketchy guy this could be more challenging. She has to be able to prove when the last time she saw EB and that she did not threaten MB or TB sr. While I believe nothing that MB says, I am not sure that AB will be much better. Someone put me back on track and give me the simple Occam's razor version.

I find this very hard to believe, having dealt with over-worked, under-paid CPS staff. They are not going to remove a child based on skin tone - at least not in this country that has every skin tone known to mankind. I would be cautious to believe what this person told you. Are there mistakes made? Yes, and usually it's bent the other way - a child should have been removed and wasn't. In any case, one case is not something a sane, logical person (of any culture) would decide whether to trust or distrust "the law" or CPS in the case of a missing child. (I also find this logic illogical in the case of Dulce). Do these people (of various backgrounds) think their child is just going to show back up w/o the help of investigators? I don't think so. Just bc you are from a different culture doesn't mean you are dumb, illogical, devoid of moral obligations, put yourself over the well-being of a child, etc. In addition, just bc you are from a "different" culture also doesn't mean you get a free pass and can't be suspected of suspicious behavior when that is exactly what it is. So here's my opinion. It's offensive to assume people of various cultures are like children that need to be coddled or are not capable of "doing the right thing". Educated or uneducated, they are still people that are not stupid and deserve to be held to the same standards of the society & laws of the land they are living in.

Plus, by the time you get to community college, I feel pretty sure that you're pretty standardly socialized; and at any rate, are better socialized than to truly be afraid of going to the police if you have a problem. Does she run away from campus security guards in terror, for example?

just gone 8pm local time

is there any update to if she has left that local police station from being interviewed yet?

they are keeping her for a really really long time maybe trying to crack her?

There is no update on their site yet, so I would assume that means she has not left. They are either trying to crack her or she has decided to volunteer more information (hopefully, TRUE information). MOO

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat:

Mother of Missing Toddler Evelyn Mae Boswell Accuses Her Mom of Taking Girl

Evelyn Mae Boswell hasn't been seen since December

By Steve Helling
February 25, 2020 01:39 PM

The mother of a 15-month-old girl who hasn’t been seen since December is publicly accusing her own mother — the toddler’s grandmother — of taking the child out of state, but authorities have not corroborated the claim.

Evelyn Mae Boswell was last seen sometime in December, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, but she was officially reported missing on Feb. 18, several weeks after she vanished. Police have said that her mother, Megan “Maggie” Boswell, has given them “conflicting and inaccurate” information about the little girl’s whereabouts.
[...]
But authorities have publicly said they are skeptical of Maggie Boswell’s story. During a Friday press conference, Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy stated that some of what she’s said doesn’t add up.

RELATED: 2 People Arrested in Connection with 15-Month-Old Tenn. Girl, Who Is Still Missing

“Surveillance camera footage, witness testimony — a lot of her story hasn’t been accurate,” Cassidy told reporters.

Boswell has not responded to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

More here:
Mother of Missing Toddler Evelyn Mae Boswell Accuses Her Mom of Taking Girl

There is no update on their site yet, so I would assume that means she has not left. They are either trying to crack her or she has decided to volunteer more information (hopefully, TRUE information).

If I didn't feel so crappy, I'd pick up some Blackbird Bakery donuts and drive it over to those guys. Bless them for camping out.

If I didn't feel so crappy, I'd pick up some Blackbird Bakery donuts and drive it over to those guys. Bless them for camping out.

You don’t want to go there. There are multiple media sources waiting outside to question her. I am certain it is going to be a circus. Several reporters from several different stations are reporting on waiting outside.

I am assuming this is allowed because it is the Facebook page of MSM. Look at the first video. They are reporting that Maggie has been at the Sheriff’s Office

If this does not show, type WVLT into search on Facebook and look at the first video on their page. Before I create any controversy, they did show it on the news.

You commented at 9:08 pm... that makes at least 5 hours MG has been at the police station under the spotlight.

Maybe, but I don't *think* so, because I think the sheriff's office said that in response to her saying she had been there (sheriff's office) for a polygraph. I'm trying to find the article where I read it.

She was definitely at the sheriff’s office, but my assumption was that’s where the TBI agents working on this case are also working from.

Tonight's the night will go into super silent speculation mode (SSSM). She'll be arrested, lawyer up, and everything will go silent for an indeterminate period of time.
I have such mixed feelings about that. I feel like she should be jailed for at the very least neglect BUT once they arrest her she will lawyer up and stop talking. She has been twisting in the wind, just doing interviews on a whim. What we can't forget is that all this rambling can be used against her if she goes to trial. Do we really want her to clam up? That being said, I think LE will time this just perfectly so we shouldn't be discouraged if she walks free tonight. Their goal and our hopes should be a good solid case to bring to trial.

I thought the same, but while Sullivan County doesn’t administer polygraphs, TBI does. Someone posted earlier that TBI has a policy to not administer them in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of a pregnancy. So I’m guessing that’s what she was talking about.

LE said they don't perform polygraph tests and TBI said MG was not scheduled for a polygraph. So, TBI's pregnancy policy might be true as stated in your comment... but MG claiming she was at the police station for a polygraph that couldn't be done due to her pregnancy is a dishonest statement

ETA: clarification

Last edited:
She is there now. She has been there for hours.

We were discussing whether or not she had truly been turned down for a polygraph. She said she was told she couldn’t take a polygraph when she was standing outside the sheriff’s office, but they said they don’t administer them. My guess is TBI is working out of that same office and that’s who wanted to polygraph her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields