Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just saw the arrests and I am surprised, but it makes sense. Teen mom has to have her mom watch the baby. Teen mom is not terrible, but is more interested in her social life, so leaves the baby with the gm and gm starts taking complete charge of the baby, finally not letting mom take the baby. Gm threatens to take the baby legally, mom is cowed. She knows she's at risk of losing the child and whatever her mom says in court will be damning. By now, she's left Evelyn with gm for extended periods of time. Finally, gm takes Evelyn and tells MB to get lost. MB is upset, but also relieved. She can go about her life now. Then gf decides he is going to start some crap (not saying he was wrong). Just a big ol' nasty family feud. I pray that baby is alive and well.
This all makes sense, but then......where is Evelyn????

@Sweetsbeach, do we know if the 'breakup' story has been confirmed by LE as it seems contrary to recent information on Mom's social media about the 2 of them moving in together and her being pregnant.

This on the surface seems to be a case of child endangerment and its baffling to see parents not incarcerated and pondering their stories in jail rather than heading to the mall etc.

Very puzzling approach by LE here IMO.

MOO
Yeah LE hasn't confirmed. We only have HW's statement which completely contradicts what's coming out on social media. JMO.

Wow! Just saw the arrests and I am surprised, but it makes sense. Teen mom has to have her mom watch the baby. Teen mom is not terrible, but is more interested in her social life, so leaves the baby with the gm and gm starts taking complete charge of the baby, finally not letting mom take the baby. Gm threatens to take the baby legally, mom is cowed. She knows she's at risk of losing the child and whatever her mom says in court will be damning. By now, she's left Evelyn with gm for extended periods of time. Finally, gm takes Evelyn and tells MB to get lost. MB is upset, but also relieved. She can go about her life now. Then gf decides he is going to start some crap (not saying he was wrong). Just a big ol' nasty family feud. I pray that baby is alive and well.
This would be the best case scenario but the fact of matter is Evelyn is still missing. And I think once LE got involved and issued an Amber Alert, they would have given up and produced Evelyn.
JMO

Good questions. I would add more questioning of TB (g father). I know he reported her missing, but given history of assaulting AB’s boyfriend (McCloud or some other guy prior to him??), I don’t feel he’s the most trustworthy fella.

Blountville father, son charged with attempted murder | News | heraldcourier.com
It was someone else. The victim said he was visiting a “female friend” so whether or not he was a BF of hers isn’t known for sure, just assumed.

Edited to remove names

Last edited:
Two people arrested in connection with missing toddler as mother claims she knows who has her | Daily Mail Online

UPDATED: 10:03 EST, 22 February 2020

• William McCloud, 33, and Angela Boswell, 42, were arrested in North Carolina on Friday in connection with missing Tennessee toddler Evelyn Boswell
  • They have been charged with possession of stolen property after they were found driving the damaged BMW connected with the toddler's disappearance
  • The 15-month-old girl is still missing and there is a $33,000 reward for her safe return
  • She was last seen in December but was only reported missing on Tuesday
  • Her mother Megan Boswell claims she knows who has her daughter
  • She said she left Evelyn with a person she 'trusted' but was scared to report her missing in case they would disappear with her
  • Police claim that Boswell has been telling them 'stories' and that she has been providing police with inaccurate information
[..]

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office began investigating the disappearance of Evelyn Mae Boswell on Tuesday, after the Department of Children's Services reported the child as missing.

Evelyn's last sighting was two months ago, on December 26, 2019, according to a press release from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

The toddler's father is also involved in the investigation, and officials are trying to determine why Evelyn was not reported missing earlier, WCYB reported.

The child's biological father, Ethan Perry, who is an active-duty US Army soldier stationed in Louisiana, posted a brief Facebook update addressing his daughter's disappearance on Wednesday: 'I'm currently working with authorities trying to find Evelyn. I can't say much more than that at the moment.'

I think that you are on the right track here. Add in a hefty dose of grandma and grandpa being adversaries and some healthy drug use.

I could see if AB was trying to get herself clean and wanting to be in little Evelyns life and doing well... Maggie might help her out.
"Mom, watch the baby, I'll help you get a car so you can get a job. I met this new guy and I get to spend time with him while you have Evelyn. Evelyn keeps you not using - this is good!! "

There are A LOT of young moms that believe a grandchild can cure or fix their parents drug abuse and sometimes it does temporarily. As a young woman you see that glimpse of your mom getting clean and you convince yourself that this is the time that it happens.

Then AB relapses and starts being crazy. Maggie turns to TB for help and he's all "I told you so! Stay away from her!". Maggie is aware of his violence over domestic disputes so she starts telling him lies and stories about where Evelyn is to try and keep the peace with him but he's getting increasingly mad. And then... AB's back to using heavy and being really out of control. Maggie doesn't know what she might do next but AB has warrants and Maggie doesn't want her to go to jail. So she tries to get TB involved again.

And somehow in all of this, Evelyn is lost. Perhaps hidden or pawned off.
Which likely upp'ed the tension and fighting between all of them.
I just hope she's not lost permanently.

Megan Boswell, Mother of Missing Evelyn: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

Feb 21, 2020

[..]

The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office had a press conference on Friday and discussed the difficulties with this case. Sheriff Jeff Cassidy said that the FBI, the TBI, and the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office have been working very hard the last three days on this case.

He said that they believe Evelyn is still alive and also that a babysitter was the last non-family member to see her, on December 10 or 11.

During the press conference, a reporter asked when the mother or father saw Evelyn last, and Cassidy answered: “I’m not gonna go with what the mother stated because, like I said, some of the conflicting stories are inaccurate.” Instead, he said he’s “going on” the date the babysitter gave.

ETA: Friday's presser at the link

This would be the best case scenario but the fact of matter is Evelyn is still missing. And I think once LE got involved and issued an Amber Alert, they would have given up and produced Evelyn.
JMO

I agree. If they have lawyers they could just instruct their lawyer to turn the baby over to the TBI/FBI. I don’t know what type of criminal would want the FBI involved in their business for interstate kidnapping versus immediately cooperating even via a third party.

I cringe at the possibility of MB being pregnant but it seems that it may well be the case.

I think that’s the nature of these type cases, unfortunately. The moms are always allegedly pregnant and it typically turns out to just be a rumor someone started. Sherin Mathews mom, Lucas Hernandez’ stepmom/dads gf, Maleah Davis’ mom...all 3 were supposedly pregnant at one point and it turned out to be untrue in all 3 cases. Idk what’s with the rumor but it’s consistent.

They’ll pull it down if it violates TOS. But just remember in the future, if they’re not a person of interest, regardless of the source, you can’t discuss them.

Whoa. My understanding is we can certainly post stuff from MSM. We can discuss the information we gleaned from it. The line is drawn when people start insinuating a person who is not a POI is involved in the crime itself. We cannot sleuth non-POIs, but my understanding is we definitely can discuss information they said in MSM in regards to POIs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member