Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed the names from my post. Is linking that article a problem too?
Yes, until LE names them a POI, you can’t sleuth them. It’s hard sometimes bc you think the info is relevant, but you can onl
Whoa. My understanding is we can certainly post stuff from MSM. We can discuss the information we gleaned from it. The line is drawn when people start insinuating a person who is not a POI is involved in the crime itself.

No, it doesn’t matter who it is, unless they’re named a POI by LE, you can’t sleuth them. Just keeps the conversation relevant and spares peoples reputations/personal business from being spread all over the web. I mean technically, it would be sleuthing the person who actually did the right thing and reported Evelyn missing. I’m in no way advocating for anyone except Evelyn, but thus far it seems he’s the only one who’s done right by Evelyn. JMHO

Maybe I have totally missed something. Please help me understand...
E's dad is in the military, but I can not believe we have not heard one thing from or about his parents or any of his family in all of this mess.
If my granddaughter/niece/cousins baby was missing you would not be able to shut me up in the least!
Is it that he has no family, or maybe they have nothing to do with E?
I am trying to wrap my head around why I havent heard anything in the media about his family. I havent went to social media, so maybe that is why his family seems non concerned to me.

Maybe I have totally missed something. Please help me understand...
E's dad is in the military, but I can not believe we have not heard one thing from or about his parents or any of his family in all of this mess.
If my granddaughter/niece/cousins baby was missing you would not be able to shut me up in the least!
Is it that he has no family, or maybe they have nothing to do with E?
I am trying to wrap my head around why I havent heard anything in the media about his family. I havent went to social media, so maybe that is why his family seems non concerned to me.

There isn't much on social media from them.
I don't believe that Evelyn's biodad or their family was very involved with her recently from what I've seen / heard.

I'm guessing the court ordered MB to produce Evelyn and if she can't she'll be held in contempt. JMO.

I hope that's the case...that's how LE was finally able to arrest another hideous monster. I mean, mother, Lori Vallow this week.

In that Vallow case, LV She was ordered by a judge to produce her kids at the courthouse in ID and did no such thing. For obvious reasons.

I'd love to see the FBI take the lead on this case, especially since the BMW was recovered across state lines.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes, until LE names them a POI, you can’t sleuth them. It’s hard sometimes bc you think the info is relevant, but you can onl

No, it doesn’t matter who it is, unless they’re named a POI by LE, you can’t sleuth them. Just keeps the conversation relevant and spares peoples reputations/personal business from being spread all over the web. I mean technically, it would be sleuthing the person who actually did the right thing and reported Evelyn missing. I’m in no way advocating for anyone except Evelyn, but thus far it seems he’s the only one who’s done right by Evelyn. JMHO

Sleuthing them means "investigating" them. I haven't seen anyone investigate the grandfather or implicate him in anyway. However, we can certainly use a family member, neighbor, friend's interview in here. For example, the only POI in the case of Cooper Harris was the father. However, we definitely linked interviews from people (non-pois) who could shed more light on the case.

In the Ayla Reynolds case, we brought in interviews from.the sister, girlfriend, and maternal grandfather. We just had to be careful not to sleuth them by implicating them or investigating them or their involvement.

Sleuthing them means "investigating" them. I haven't seen anyone investigate the grandfather or implicate him in anyway. However, we can certainly use a family member, neighbor, friend's interview in here. For example, the only POI in the case of Cooper Harris was the father. However, we definitely linked interviews from people (non-pois) who could shed more light on the case.

Ok, carry on.

@PommyMommy can you verify what I’ve said about TOS and anyone not named a POI? You’ve been around longer and I just want to make sure I’ve not misspoken/misunderstood. Thanks.
We cannot sleuth anyone who has not been named BY LAW ENFORCEMENT as a POI or suspect but we can discuss what has been posted in MSM or released by LE. If you (not directed at you, astansell) want to discuss Facebook rumors, please do that on Facebook. Websleuths is fact-based. MOO

We can link MSM articles and discuss what is said in them, even if no one has been named a POI or suspect. We just can’t post/discuss any sleuthing here beyond what’s said in the MSM articles.

eta. I see this has already been cleared up—sorry! :)

No one has seemed truly concerned for this baby. Whether that lack of of concern is due to having ulterior motives, naivety, an attempt to conceal something, substance abuse, old fashioned neglect, the absence of really knowing or having a bond with Evelyn, or an inability to know what was really going on is anyone's guess. It's probably a mixture of at least some of those things for all involved parties.

We cannot sleuth anyone who has not been named BY LAW ENFORCEMENT as a POI or suspect but we can discuss what has been posted in MSM or released by LE. If you (not directed at you, astansell) want to discuss Facebook rumors, please do that on Facebook. Websleuths is fact-based. MOO

Just to add to this: you CAN of course obviously do sleuthing on your own, just dont post it here in the thread. An alternative that Mods often remind members about, usually after a big clean up of a thread lol, is being welcomed to discuss cases freely with other WS members in private group chats. ;);)

I have to believe that MB has had so much instability in her life that a lot of this is “normal” to her. Cops, lies, someone in your family being gone... just overall shadiness. This may be why she seems so flippant. Some of this really is “just another day” for her. As far as the obsession goes, I would probably try to live in a dream, too if my parents were both criminals who didn’t care at all about me or anyone else. Honestly, when I watched the interview, I did not immediately think of MB as a “killer.” I think it is much more likely that severe neglect or an accident happened and she is trying to cover it up. This is different from the Anthony case. The Anthony family had resources to lawyer up and a sense of duty to their child. MB’s family will likely throw her under the bus if they know anything. That said, I hope that little Evelyn is alive and well - only the victim of no one really caring where she is (which is terrible, but 1,000 times better than the alternative).

By the way, am I the only one who cringed when MB described “leaving snacks on the floor” for Evelyn? I have heard this description before when I managed drug treatment centers. Several mothers described how they left food out in all kinds of places so the child would have access to food when they passed out from using drugs. I don’t automatically assume this means MB is a drug user, but it has been my experience that “leaving snacks on the floor” is usually described by extremely neglectful mothers. All MOO

My gosh, this makes me so sad. I just don’t get this mindset at all. Ugh... it’s so heartbreaking.

I do think this is a seriously messed of family, and TB certainly isn't a pillar of the community, but honestly, he gets a pass from me on all this. If he hadn't reported Evelyn missing, I honestly believe this child could have vanished into thin air for a year and no one would have said boo about it.

I see no evidence of anyone being involved or concerned for this child until TB went to DCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73