Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the mental gymnastics. The Sheriff made a public statement that MB is actively lying to LE and her stories have been refuted by video surveillance and eye witness testimony. Have you ever seen a case where LE says publicly the family of a missing person were lying and those people didn’t end up charged with something?

It can be both true that someone was dealt a crap hand in life AND they’re responsible for the well-being of their baby.

Lying to LE and obstructing a criminal investigation are both crimes.

Where does it say that MB is “actively lying” to LE? Link please?

So are you implying that someone other than her mother had EB and she knows this?
Correct. I believe that AB was the one who took her from MB, with a degree of “okay mom, you can take her” but that there is a, for lack of a better word, contingent of people who may have her. Likely relations to the family somehow. I just can’t put my finger on why she needed to be removed, just that MB knew, at least at some point, who and where she was. I genuinely believe she no longer does know who has her.

No, but if a convicted criminal in a position of power says “I will report you to CPS for leaving your child with me and my criminal boyfriend if you do anything about it and I will tell them (add every way you have ever fallen short),” you might be inclined to think twice before contacting LE. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t buy ALL of what MB is selling, but I am trying to maintain an independent objective perspective that does not condemn only one individual on whom we have little factual evidence or information.
True. A teenage, single mom is likely to be easily intimidated especially so if it is being done by her mother. AB's threats and intimidation may have been the last straw for MB's dad and why he reported it. He did say AB threatened him. He's also put up reward money and so has MB's brother. I just hope it isn't too late and AB isn't another JoAnn Cunningham who had a drug-addict boyfriend.

JMO

Does anyone have an article that says MB gave THEM (as in LE) inaccurate information?

That’s my question. It’s entirely possible that she gave TB (or others) one story and gave LE the truth and that is where the inconsistencies are stemming from.
Yes, she did and it has made the Sheriff's task more difficult.

Conflicting information coming from mother of child involved in Tennessee AMBER alert
Cassidy said both parents are cooperating with the investigation, but that Boswell had been providing inaccurate and conflicting information. Boswell has full custody of Evelyn.

Correct. I believe that AB was the one who took her from MB, with a degree of “okay mom, you can take her” but that there is a, for lack of a better word, contingent of people who may have her. Likely relations to the family somehow. I just can’t put my finger on why she needed to be removed, just that MB knew, at least at some point, who and where she was. I genuinely believe she no longer does know who has her.

ITA. This is just a guess but I think it is very possible AB and WM are deeply involved in the serious crime of interstate trafficking of some sort and that's why they needed the vehicle. A baby in the backseat would give the appearance of being "legit" travelers in case they were stopped by LE. The area sits at the intersection of Interstates 26 and 81.

JMO

I think when people say “Maggie knows where she is” more often than not it implies something tragic.
As the clock ticks and the baby still isn't found, I think this case does move closer to tragedy but I have no evidence Maggie is the one to blame. I think blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the two now in custody.

JMO

A boyfriend (Hunter Wood) MB dated in Nov/Dec says he never saw the baby, and that MB told him the baby stayed with her dad 50/50 of the time.
Ex-boyfriend of Missing Toddler's Mom Says He's 'Never Even Seen' the Child

Hunter says they dated casually and weren’t serious, but MB apparently created a social media account with the last name Wood... so maybe she expected more.
Megan Boswell, Mother of Missing Evelyn: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

Hoping these articles count as MSM. If not, let me know and I’ll delete!

As the clock ticks and the baby still isn't found, I think this case does move closer to tragedy but I have no evidence Maggie is the one to blame. I think blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the two now in custody.

JMO
I truly think the baby is somewhere in wilksboro area. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
A boyfriend (Hunter Wood) MB dated in Nov/Dec says he never saw the baby, and that MB told him the baby stayed with her dad 50/50 of the time.
Ex-boyfriend of Missing Toddler's Mom Says He's 'Never Even Seen' the Child

Hunter says they dated casually and weren’t serious, but MB apparently created a social media account with the last name Wood... so maybe she expected more.
Megan Boswell, Mother of Missing Evelyn: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

Hoping these articles count as MSM. If not, let me know and I’ll delete!

I think they do and I have no reason to doubt either article. I have no reason not to believe Wood. We haven't been told what kind of relationship MB had with the baby's father. For all we know, he may have been paying child support &/or health insurance, was able to see the baby whenever he had leave and may have face-timed with her. We do not have this information but I also think it doesn't matter. Neither parent is the bad guy in this case.

JMO

I think they do and I have no reason to doubt either article. I have no reason not to believe Wood. We haven't been told what kind of relationship MB had with the baby's father. For all we know, he may have been paying child support &/or health insurance, was able to see the baby whenever he had leave and may have face-timed with her. We do not have this information but I also think it doesn't matter. Neither parent is the bad guy in this case.

JMO
True, it’s just Hunter’s word that she said this... but it’s been reported that MB has full custody and that the dad is a few states away. Doesn’t sound like dad has half custody... I hope MB would never leave baby alone so she could go on dates, etc. Just my thoughts.

Hello, I just registered because I am local to the area and have friends that know the family and I have friends in north wilksboro.

Welcome and just be careful if you mention any information based apon the family themselves WS has some rules about "insiders" and you'd have to register to share personal information about them that pertains to the case i think

but it should be in the rules on the rules page, it may or may not apply to you but either way happy to have you! if you have any issues pm a mod and ask them for advice :)

True, it’s just Hunter’s word that she said this... but it’s been reported that MB has full custody and that the dad is a few states away. Doesn’t sound like dad has half custody... I hope MB would never leave baby alone so she could go on dates, etc. Just my thoughts.

I knew a girl that would give her 2 year old baby benydril so he would fall asleep then leave him alone while she went out partying. When he was taken by DCS she was happy about it and did not try and get him back. It happens a lot with younger moms that like to party on weekends and see their babies as more of a burden than anything else.

Even if MB had full custody, the baby's dad still has his parental rights. I doubt MB ever left the baby alone so she could go on dates but I also doubt the dad will not step up if he needs to step in to care for his child.

JMO

Yes, she did and it has made the Sheriff's task more difficult.

Conflicting information coming from mother of child involved in Tennessee AMBER alert
Cassidy said both parents are cooperating with the investigation, but that Boswell had been providing inaccurate and conflicting information. Boswell has full custody of Evelyn.

Had been providing ... to whom?
I still don’t see them out and out saying she’s lying to them (the police) currently.
“Had been” is a past identifier.

I think once LE was involved that Maggie told them all she knew and it was hopefully truthful.

But when they interviewed TB he had a different story of what MB had told HIM.

I’ll stand by this until the end of this case, I would never tell TB much of anything and would keep him so far from my children that it would be years and not Thanksgiving since he saw my baby. If that involved lying through my teeth to him, so be it.

They like many people in this area are thy type that will fight among themselves like cats and dogs but let an outsider do something to any of them and they will then stand strong against the outsider. To them police or any law enforcement are the enemy.

Haha.
I think I said these exact same words yesterday. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads