Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 26, 2020
Warrant: Evelyn Boswell's mother lied about missing girl when first questioned
[...]

A Sullivan County Sheriff's Office detective, along with a Tennessee Department of Children's Services case worker, were the first to make contact with Megan Boswell on Feb. 18 — the day before an Amber Alert was issued for the girl.

The mother, who is Evelyn's sole legal guardian, claimed the child was with her father, Ethan Perry, according to an arrest affidavit.

[...]

"Throughout the investigation, it was determined that Megan Boswell made the false statement to law enforcement in response to a legitimate inquiry by law enforcement concerning a material fact about an offense or with the intent to hinder law enforcement from locating Evelyn Boswell," the arrest warrant states.

[...]

Police have described the girl’s disappearance as a confounding case filled with conflicting and confusing information. ...

[...]
So at first she pointed towards the child's father, and when that didn't work she changed her story to, 'well actually my mom has had her all this time, and when that didn't pan out, 'well my mom gave her to someone in a silver trailer in Mendota.'

By the way, was there ever a vigil held in Mendota? I lost track because the next thing we knew she had been arrested.

Imo

@PommyMommy a member just posted this in the media thread - not sure if it belongs there since we already have @Tippy Lynn detailed timeline?

Thank you for this! I am a newbie and have had a difficult time finding specific things in the media and timeline thread.

Pommy, it makes me giggle that we were both typing a list at the same time ☺️.

I don't think so, Ocean. That's just my opinion, though. Not specifically in relation to Evelyn, but in relation to other things, I think MB and HW are both dumb kids who mistakenly thought they could run with the big dogs. HW is a dumb kid who is also hella full of himself, imo.

All MOO

So at first she pointed towards the child's father, and when that didn't work she changed her story to, 'well actually my mom has had her all this time, and when that didn't pan out, 'well my mom gave her to someone in a silver trailer in Mendota.'

By the way, was there ever a vigil held in Mendota? I lost track because the next thing we knew she had been arrested.

Imo

Yes, here is the video of the prayer vigil.

@PommyMommy a member just posted this in the media thread - not sure if it belongs there since we already have @Tippy Lynn detailed timeline?
AFAIK, everyone is allowed to post to the media thread - as long as it is news, articles, maps, timelines, etc. and not case discussion. In fact, in other cases I've followed, mods have requested that if you post an article in the main thread that you also add it to the media thread. So, that's why I always do it. I don't know if that's an actual rule or not but it sure would be nice if everyone did the same.

@SCBaseballMom, can you please edit your post to read "David Jones" instead of "David Johnson"? Oviedo, do you see any other mistakes? MOO

Last edited:
I hope it's not true that little Evelyn had a broken arm. I raised three sons and never a broken bone as a young child. In fact, I have never known friends or relatives that said their young ones ever broke anything. But, I have read plenty on here and other places where abuse was the cause of these youngsters having broken bones. I know it can happen rarely and be an innocent occurrence, but in this case a broken bone would be a sign of something more going on.JMO

I’ve also raised three sons and all three had broken arms at different points in their lives, granted not as young as EB. In fact, two sons broke their left arms within days of each other (playground injury at school & sliding into 3rd base).

My oldest son was four, jumping off the sofa, and suffered a green twig fracture, which occur when young, developing bones bend and fracture rather than make a clean break.

We don’t know what type of break — IF there was one (which I doubt. MOO) — EB had. Since the ex boyfriend “heard” it, presumably from MB, I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

Greenstick fractures - Symptoms and causes

I hope it's not true that little Evelyn had a broken arm. I raised three sons and never a broken bone as a young child. In fact, I have never known friends or relatives that said their young ones ever broke anything. But, I have read plenty on here and other places where abuse was the cause of these youngsters having broken bones. I know it can happen rarely and be an innocent occurrence, but in this case a broken bone would be a sign of something more going on.JMO
I'm raising two daughters. A couple of years ago in the space of a single week, one had a neck brace on and the other had a cast on her wrist. The school called, the hospital called, cps called. Thank God both injuries occurred in front of 25 people at Tae kwan do. Accidents do happen. Moo.

So in reading an article this really worries me what type of people we got here.

Evelyn's family members — including her 18-year-old mother, Megan Boswell — have given conflicting, changing statements to authorities. Megan Boswell was taken into custody Tuesday night.

From Tuesday: Evelyn Boswell's mother arrested in Sullivan County

Tommy Boswell Sr. has accused the toddler's grandmother of violence twice: once in an order of protection application and once in a criminal warrant, a Knox News review of Sullivan County court records showed.

The warrant alleged the toddler's grandfather came home from work with no food in the kitchen in March 2009 and asked Angela Boswell for a set of keys so he could go get some.

"Angela then started yelling at him ... grabbed Tommie by the neck and grabbed an ink pen and shoved it into his neck," the warrant stated.

Also . . .

McCloud is accused of choking his girlfriend repeatedly until "her vision became white and blurred," grabbing her hair and slamming her face onto the ground, punching her and biting her ear.

All from article :( Missing toddler's grandmother and her boyfriend have past domestic violence charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper