Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about the legal terms. My point is "accidental, as opposed to intentional". Like, holding her underwater or a pillow over her face. A selfish teenager more concerned with her own well being than her child's would think she could cover it up, instead of wanting to own up to it & tell the police her baby ate a bottle of oxy's or drowned while she was on the phone or something.

gotcha. Thank you for clarifying, and apologies for my thickheaded-ness. This case is so upsetting - I’m jumping to conclusions at this point. Gonna take a break...

I know we cant comprehend how these child killers that are mothers can even do this. It blows my mind every time with every case.
They don't seem to mind discarding their babies or little ones however it's convenient for them. No nightmares? .. just throw them out with trash or with their leftover belongings. No they leave the horror of what they did and how they left a precious baby for detectives/le or a random person to stumble upon.
They are the ones that have to live with the vision and nightmares. We all care more.

Exactly. Since I've followed these killer moms for decades I'm not one who is ever shocked when it happens over, and over again.

Just look at how many current recent murder cases is on WS right now that involves moms being the murder suspects. We cant hide our heads in the sand anymore. The worst enemy abused, grossly neglected, and unwanted children are facing is when they reside in their own homes usually with their single moms.

It's happening more,and more now with very young children being the intended targets by parents.

Its heart shattering reading new cases almost every few days now. It truly shows there is a war against the most defenseless ones in our society.

I wont ever be able to understand how any parent can look into the trusting eyes of their children while taking their little lives from them. All I know it DOES happens, and so often now.

How anyone could devalue the lives of any other human being is beyond my comprehension, but most especially when they see no human value in the precious little children they have brought into the world.

Imo, the common denominator seems to be these type of murderers are full blown narcissists where everything in life IS ALL ABOUT THEMSELVES, and no one else matters. :(

Jmho tho

Last edited:
Any unintentional accident, a parent would call an ambulance/seek help, imo, even if what you were doing during the accident would be illegal or frowned upon. It's only if you've done something awful or intentional that you wouldn't make that call and would instead make up a "my mom kidnapped my baby" or "we went to bed and in the morning my kid was just gone" excuse after hiding the poor child's body in an attempt to cover up.something worse.

Example:
A child is outside on their deck blowing bubbles, mom goes inside for just a moment to go to the bathroom. Child falls off deck and is badly injured. Mom calls 911 and explains she was only in the bathroom for a moment.

A child is outside on their deck blowing bubbles. Mom goes inside to smoke meth for an hour. Child falls off deck and is badly injured. Mom calls 911 and explains she was only in the bathroom for a moment. (omits or changes smoking meth part as well as the real length of time, but still calls 911)

You only hide a body and conceal a death if theres NO explaining your way out of it/you're guilty of something awful.

My opinion only!

gotcha. Thank you for clarifying, and apologies for my thickheaded-ness. This case is so upsetting - I’m jumping to conclusions at this point. Gonna take a break...

No worries! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstood or seen as excusing it. She very well may have killed her intentionally, but I think it's short sighted not to consider other possible ways she could have died at this point. MB could have been far more worried about saving her own behind. JMO.

So that's where all of Evelyn's things went. Someone said the other day that MB may have gathered up Evelyn with her things and dumped them somewhere. It looks like that's exactly what she did. Imo
These are very good points that didn’t sit well with me either. Very strange. She also said Evelyn didn’t ruin her life. I’m not sure how to interpret these statements but they’re all off things to say when talking about your missing child. MB strikes me as very immature and ungrounded. She probably expected Evelyn to make her life meaningful. I think Evelyn did something minor. Something that all babies do from time to time and MB overreacted. IMO she wasn’t at all prepared or equipped to care for an infant and Evelyn paid the price.
MOO, it sounded like she went over questions in her head if she got caught. Like did having a baby too young ruin your life? Was she colicky, or did she do something that would set you off and sometimes hurt you? Her statements didn’t set well with me either. MOO

Any unintentional accident, a parent would call an ambulance/seek help, imo, even if what you were doing during the accident would be illegal or frowned upon. It's only if you've done something awful or intentional that you wouldn't make that call and would instead make up a "my mom kidnapped my baby" or "we went to bed and in the morning my kid was just gone" excuse after hiding the poor child's body in an attempt to cover up.something worse.

Example:
A child is outside on their deck blowing bubbles, mom goes inside for just a moment to go to the bathroom. Child falls off deck and is badly injured. Mom calls 911 and explains she was only in the bathroom for a moment.

A child is outside on their deck blowing bubbles. Mom goes inside to smoke meth for an hour. Child falls off deck and is badly injured. Mom calls 911 and explains she was only in the bathroom for a moment. (omits or changes smoking meth part as well as the real length of time, but still calls 911)

You only hide a body and conceal a death if theres NO explaining your way out of it/you're guilty of something awful.

My opinion only!

I agree, that's a normal & rational thought process. I just think it's dangerous to make blanket, absolute statements about human behavior. Someone incredibly arrogant might think they could just get away with it. The degree of sociopathy where someone would put their own self above anything else, even the life of their child, is frightening. Even if she didn't intentionally kill her, that kind of self-absorption could cause her to only worry about protecting herself. JMO!

MOO, it sounded like she went over questions in her head if she got caught. Like did having a baby too young ruin your life? Was she colicky, or did she do something that would set you off and sometimes hurt you? Her statements didn’t set well with me either. MOO

Did she actually say that Evelyn didn’t ruin her life after Evelyn went missing? I only remember that from her SM, I believe she posted it in September of last year.

It was a bizarre thing to say, IMO, and seemed to give us a clue about where her headspace was, trying to convince herself her life wasn’t ruined or something.

Now I'm back-tracking a bit and I don't mean to come off as doubting when I ask this, so please forgive me. Does anyone have links for the trailer trashing episode? I haven't seen anything about it in the news and wondered if it was a social media reference. Thanks in advance! MOO.
I don't know which article it was in, but I believe it was the current resident who said that the place was trashed and that MB and her mom had lived there. I haven't read anywhere else so it must have been posted here somewhere. It was at the time the house was being searched. Maybe it was a video? Imo

Yes. She is not employed and does not receive any form of government assistance. She took out a $7,000 loan on the Chevy Cruz. She no longer owns the Cruz but had "owned it for the last 6 months".
I wonder if her being "not employed" and "not receiving assistance" are a recent thing. Did she stop going to work at the chicken place because they told her they didn't want the publicity? Did she stop receiving assistance because DCS saw EB was no longer in her care? Or did she never really work there and never receive any govt assistance?

I'm curious because I had previously wondered if not wanting to lose benefits was one reason she didn't report her baby daughter missing, or one reason she might not have gotten EB proper medical care after a neglect incident.

I was never sure the "broken arm" story was based in reality, but more and more I think nobody else was involved at all, and Evelyn passed away in MB's care due to neglect or abuse -- based on how disassociated MB seems. The others we suspect because they didn't report Evelyn missing may simply have chosen to believe MB's many lies about where her daughter was, until TBSr said "enough!" and called DCS.

Oh it's popular.
Survey says: calling for help is the correct response to a toddler who has had an accident.

I think it’s even more popular than ever before after the celebrities like Olympian Bode Miller whose daughter accidentally drowned in a neighbors pool started organizations to bring awareness to everyday dangers. Obviously none of these people were charged with anything so I think most people would realize accidents happen and getting help immediately is key.

I agree, that's a normal & rational thought process. I just think it's dangerous to make blanket, absolute statements about human behavior. Someone incredibly arrogant might think they could just get away with it. The degree of sociopathy where someone would put their own self above anything else, even the life of their child, is frightening. Even if she didn't intentionally kill her, that kind of self-absorption could cause her to only worry about protecting herself. JMO!

Not sure if my statement was a blanket statement or not.... I'd have to have examples of actual accidental child deaths where the parent(s) decided to hide a body, & fabricate a story and lie to the police instead, despite not being responsible for the death or anything illegal pertaining to the death.

Can you provide any examples? I cant think of a single one off the top of my head, though that doesnt mean an example doesnt exist.

The thing I keep going back to is it only take seconds, minutes, to lash out in anger and really harm a baby. My theory still is MB took pretty good care of EB (supported by her dad) until a new love interest came along. MB’s anger and resentment built as HW made clear he was not going to raise someone else’s child and MB just snapped - harming Evelyn.

She didn’t know what to do so she literally threw her motherhood away (baby, toys, diapers) and told everyone the baby went to live with Evelyn’s father and she was back to single girl Maggie, soon to be Mrs Woods.

Did she actually say that Evelyn didn’t ruin her life after Evelyn went missing? I only remember that from her SM, I believe she posted it in September of last year.

It was a bizarre thing to say, IMO, and seemed to give us a clue about where her headspace was, trying to convince herself her life wasn’t ruined or something.
She did, on a FB post.... see bullet point 4 here:

Megan Boswell, Mother of Missing Evelyn: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

'She posted about her daughter in September 2019, a post that has since been deleted from Facebook. In it, she said “I’m not the best mom in the world, but I try so hard for this little beauty. I can’t even explain the love I feel for her, and i know she loves me too. Lately my lifes been really sucky but she’ll come reach for me and say ‘mom mom’ and my heart melts and I’m reminded of her unconditional love.”

She continued, “You can say whatever you want about me being a young mom, but I promise you my life is so much better with this angel. My life wasnt ruined when I had her, she gave me a purpose and a reason to wake up everyday and to better myself. Theres no love like the love from your child!”'

ETA: I wonder if this was a response to comments that were made to her when she was pregnant, and not some totally off the cuff comment (My life wasnt ruined when I had her)... maybe family or friends suggested she terminate her pregnancy b/c her life would be ruined and that is where the thought came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back