Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the holdup with the autopsy here?

The length of time will make it more difficult. I’m not sure what the crime statistics look like in this county but they may be calling in a medical examiner from Knoxville or a bigger population area if this ME doesn’t handle cases like this on a regular basis since it is a criminal investigation.

I actually thought "end of this week " was pretty quick. But it's been awhile since I've had to wait for one, so what do I know ?
I have no idea how long this usually takes, but when one does 15 refreshes a day hoping that info will come in it feels like forever. I'm so ready for more charges to be issued.

I'm re-reading some of the older articles and came across this one:

[...]

Court documents say that when investigators spoke with Megan on February 18, she told them that Evelyn was with her father, Ethan Perry.

Megan told investigators she was supposed to meet Ethan on February 19 at 4 p.m. in the parking lot of the Ingles in Colonial Heights to exchange custody.

[...]

DCS investigators spoke with Megan at a home in the 200 block of Sandy Pointe Drive on February 18.

[...]

I think I forgot that any of this even happened because it was so early on in the case. But once again, my mind is blown. To recap, on 2/18/2020, MB speaks with investigators at Sandy Pointe Drive and says Evelyn is with EP. Then, MB tells investigators that she was supposed to meet EP on 2/19/2020...after she already told them that Evelyn was with EP?!? *face palm*

Court documents: Mother falsely told investigators Evelyn Boswell was with father

I'm re-reading some of the older articles and came across this one:

[...]

Court documents say that when investigators spoke with Megan on February 18, she told them that Evelyn was with her father, Ethan Perry.

Megan told investigators she was supposed to meet Ethan on February 19 at 4 p.m. in the parking lot of the Ingles in Colonial Heights to exchange custody.

[...]

DCS investigators spoke with Megan at a home in the 200 block of Sandy Pointe Drive on February 18.

[...]

I think I forgot that any of this even happened because it was so early on in the case. But once again, my mind is blown. To recap, on 2/18/2020, MB speaks with investigators at Sandy Pointe Drive and says Evelyn is with EP. Then, MB tells investigators that she was supposed to meet EP on 2/19/2020...after she already told them that Evelyn was with EP?!? *face palm*

Court documents: Mother falsely told investigators Evelyn Boswell was with father

I could be wrong, but I took it to mean that she was supposed to meet EP on 2/19 to get Evelyn back. I could be giving her too much credit, though.

It's amazing how ludicrous it all sounds now, knowing that she was dead in an outbuilding the whole time.

I think that the State is really stretching it with that high bond. And "the danger to the community"? I would rather that MB sit in jail for the rest of her life but you got to play by the rules. IMO, the bond is high for the charge.
I was wondering about this myself. Not questioning the amount, but how it is determined. Is there a chart for each crime and the bond amount and range for each charge. Or does the judge judge pull it out of the air and sets what he wants to? Is it strictly controlled by the judge? ty

I could be wrong, but I took it to mean that she was supposed to meet EP on 2/19 to get Evelyn back. I could be giving her too much credit, though.

It's amazing how ludicrous it all sounds now, knowing that she was dead in an outbuilding the whole time.

Yep. I really had to puzzle that one out in my head when I first read it, because my first reaction was Meredith's reaction. It's all so convoluted, it's easy to get turned around on the things that you think should be pretty clear cut. Add in the changing stories and this case just makes you feel like you are getting dumber by the minute. " Wait...whut ? Oh...nevermind...delete...re-type...aha !...nope, wait..." ad nauseum.

I was wondering about this myself. Not questioning the amount, but how it is determined. Is there a chart for each crime and the bond amount and range for each charge. Or does the judge judge pull it out of the air and sets what he wants to? Is it strictly controlled by the judge? ty

This isn't strictly for Sullivan County, but I found it to be interesting:

How Do Tennessee Courts Determine Bail? - Fizer Bail Bonds

ETA: "Please be advised that www.fizerbailbonds.com and Fizer Bonding Company, LLC is not an attorney nor law firm and does not provide legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice, you are strongly encouraged to consider consulting with a competent attorney in your jurisdiction who can provide you with legal advice on your particular matter given that individual state, county or city laws may vary. www.fizerbailbonds.com provides INFORMATION ONLY and the information provided is for informational purposes only AND IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED OR SUBSTITUTED FOR LEGAL ADVICE. THE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. No guarantees are made and the use of the website, content, and any information provided is at your own risk."

Can I just say this about that Texas Trip story (because it REALLY bugs me) ? NO child sleeps for 20 hours unless there is something seriously wrong with them. I don't even have children, and even I know that. Every time I hear her say that, it just makes me want to reach right through my monitor and...:mad:
Do we know where in Texas she went?? It is a big state. But not far from Shreveport.

This isn't strictly for Sullivan County, but I found it to be interesting:

How Do Tennessee Courts Determine Bail? - Fizer Bail Bonds

Interesting. It seems to me like an open bond would have been more appropriate.

"An open bond allows for further charges to be brought against the defendant after further investigation, increase the bail amount, or make changes to the bail amount or release conditions. "

ETA: "Please be advised that www.fizerbailbonds.com and Fizer Bonding Company, LLC is not an attorney nor law firm and does not provide legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice, you are strongly encouraged to consider consulting with a competent attorney in your jurisdiction who can provide you with legal advice on your particular matter given that individual state, county or city laws may vary. www.fizerbailbonds.com provides INFORMATION ONLY and the information provided is for informational purposes only AND IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED OR SUBSTITUTED FOR LEGAL ADVICE. THE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. No guarantees are made and the use of the website, content, and any information provided is at your own risk."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ