Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a heartbreaking case where mom had plenty of options. Baby Evelyn should be looking forward to Santa Claus right now and playing with her toys. :(
Agreed Seattle1. MB didn't want the 'burden' of a child IMO. She showed zero genuine emotion from day 1.

It's beyond words how a mother could do this to their innocent baby girl, but as these many WS threads show, it happens far more often than we think. :(

#Justice4Evelynn

DEC 2, 2021
Justice for Evelyn: Megan Boswell court appearance pushed to January 2022 | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Megan Boswell, the mother of deceased 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell, was originally set to appear in court Friday for a bond motion, but that date has been pushed back to Jan. 21 at 9 a.m., according to the Sullivan County Court Clerk.

The January appearance will entail Boswell’s attorney’s request to lower her bond, which is set at $1 million. Another request filed on Sept. 29 calls for two separate trials.

[...]

Boswell last appeared in court in late September, when her trial date was set for Sept. 26, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.

[...]

Checking in - seems nothing new here, they just keep moving the dates forward. I haven't been checking in regularly for awhile, have they ever released Evelyn's cause of death? I was really hoping that Evelyn's mother would confess and save the ongoing drama of a trial. She is still incarcerated and will likely remain there until her court case and if found guilty will stay incarcerated possibly for the rest of her life. If she is okay with that, why not confess and just get on with her jail life - somehow I think its better for her inside than outside ... Moo

Checking in - seems nothing new here, they just keep moving the dates forward. I haven't been checking in regularly for awhile, have they ever released Evelyn's cause of death? I was really hoping that Evelyn's mother would confess and save the ongoing drama of a trial. She is still incarcerated and will likely remain there until her court case and if found guilty will stay incarcerated possibly for the rest of her life. If she is okay with that, why not confess and just get on with her jail life - somehow I think its better for her inside than outside ... Moo
The autopsy and other evidence in the case have been placed under seal and are unavailable to the public. I think MB's attorney just got a copy released to them during her early December hearing.

I don't think MB will even entertain a plea, she is a very damaged and scary individual IMO.

I don't think MB will even entertain a plea, she is a very damaged and scary individual IMO.
^^rsbm

Oh my --:eek: --in the beginning, MB had me believing everything she was saying -- pointing the finger at her own mother. It's like she had this hypnotizing effect and I've since been very fearful of her. Scary a very good description

^^rsbm

Oh my --:eek: --in the beginning, MB had me believing everything she was saying -- pointing the finger at her own mother. It's like she had this hypnotizing effect and I've since been very fearful of her. Scary a very good description

I fell for her story, hook, line and sinker in the beginning. There was no way she had anything to do with it. It all pointed to her mother and the company she kept.
I'm embarrassed and angry at the same time, I was taken in by this liar. I'll go with scary too, but I do believe she's so mixed up due to her upbringing.

I not only believed her, but also felt bad for her. When she started pointing the finger at Evelyn's father who was serving in the Army and obviously didn't have custody or could care for her, I knew something wasn't right. I can't shake the picture of Evelyn smiling with those big blue eyes on her father's lap out of my head. Poor baby.

^^rsbm

She tried to come across so innocent and gullible, but honestly, if you watch her closely in interviews, and especially her booking photos over the timeline, you can see the cold, dead eyes.

I don't believe she has any regrets over Evelyn's death except that she has been caught. Evelyn became a burden; she reminds me of Susan Smith :eek:.

JMO

She tried to come across so innocent and gullible, but honestly, if you watch her closely in interviews, and especially her booking photos over the timeline, you can see the cold, dead eyes.

I don't believe she has any regrets over Evelyn's death except that she has been caught. Evelyn became a burden; she reminds me of Susan Smith :eek:.

JMO
Yes, Susan Smith! I knew she reminded me of someone.

Friday, January 21st:
*Bond Motion Hearing (@ 9am ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 10 or 11, 2019 by babysitter, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d Mar. 11, 2020). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 20) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & originally charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K. [see below for re-charges].
Indicted (5/18/20) & originally charged (5/28/20) with 11 counts of false reporting. Plead not guilty. Bond stays set at $150K. [see below re re-charges]
Re-Charged & indicted (8/19/20) & arraigned (8/28/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated child abuse/neglect, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 12 counts of false reporting, 1 count of abuse of a corpse & 1 count of failure to report a death suspicious, unusual, or unnatural circumstances. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Jury selection to begin on 9/19/22 & Trial set to begin on 9/26/22. (expected to last 3 to 4 weeks).
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 5/12/21 reference post #452 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

5/14/21 Update: Status hearing held. Requested push back. Waiting for 2 pieces of forensic evidence to return from TBI. Date pushed to Sept. 30 @ 9am. Defense attorney Sproles said that he could possibly still file additional motions including change of venue at the September hearing. Spoles suggested that they could bring jurors from another County to Sullivan County. Also said if the case against Boswell goes to trial, he would not expect a trial date before 2022.
9/30/21 Update: After reviewing evidence for over a year, investigators gave the green light for Boswell’s trial date at a court hearing on Thursday morning. Boswell is scheduled for her first trial date on 9/26/22 at 8:30 a.m. Jury selection is expected to begin the week of 9/19/22. DA Staubus believes the trial could take three to four weeks. Brad Sproles, Boswell’s attorney, also announced that he filed two motions on Sept. 29 — one requesting to reduce her bond, which is set at $1 million & the other asking for the judge to separate her indictments for a possibility of two trials. While District Attorney General Barry Staubus said officials are hoping for a local jury, the court needs to strategize how that jury is selected to avoid bias. Staubus said that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation will have the case’s forensic testing finished by November 2021. Officials set aside other dates in 2022 — a motion day on April 7 at 1:30pm & a pretrial motion day on July 28. Judge Goodwin also set a motion deadline & jury questionnaire deadline for March 1, 2022. Goodwin set the deadline for a negotiated settlement on June 1, 2022. This will give Boswell the opportunity to change her plea. She has plead not guilty to all charges. Boswell's lawyer, Brad Sproles, has reviewed 800,000 photographs, 28,000 texts & other pieces of evidence. Sproles has made a motion to reduce Boswell's bond. That will be heard on 12/3/21 at 1:30pm.

12/3/21 Update: Bond motion hearing was continued to 1/21/22.

Courtroom video at the news link below

Judge denies bond reduction for Megan Boswell | WATE 6 On Your Side

1/21/22

BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) — The mother of deceased toddler Evelyn Boswell appeared in Sullivan County Criminal Court for a status hearing Friday.

Boswell’s attorney, Brad Sproles, told Judge Jim Goodwin that Boswell was not a flight risk and asked that her bond be reduced. Boswell’s bond had previously been set at $1 million.

District Attorney General Barry Staubus argued saying that due to the decision to seek enhanced punishment and the development of Megan’s charges, her bond should not be lowered.

[..]

Boswell’s trial is scheduled for Sept. 26. The next hearing related to the case is set for April 7.

@Niner

Thank you @Seattle1 for those updates! Glad to hear her bond was denied!!

from the court site:

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Megan Boswell Defendant Jury Trial 09/26/2022 8:30 AM James F Goodwin

Megan Boswell Defendant Motion/Petition 07/28/2022 9:00 AM James F Goodwin

Megan Boswell Defendant Motion/Petition 06/24/2022 9:00 AM James F Goodwin

Megan Boswell Defendant Motion/Petition 04/07/2022 9:00 AM James F Goodwin

Megan Boswell Defendant Motion/Petition 01/21/2022 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Motion Denied

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

The autopsy and other evidence in the case have been placed under seal and are unavailable to the public. I think MB's attorney just got a copy released to them during her early December hearing.

I have not kept up to date with case, but I do recall mention of a broken arm while she was still missing. Wonder if that will prove true when we are privy to autopsy results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back