TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the Wal-Mart phone location,
was that a call, or just a ping?

Excuse my ignorance, I haven't been able to read through the entire thread.

the Wal-Mart phone location,
was that a call, or just a ping?

Excuse my ignorance, I haven't been able to read through the entire thread.
we're not sure. I don't think pings are totally accurate for location and there are probably limited towers out there, which would mean pinging on those towers could be from various nearby locations. JMHO of course.

I am told that the last they were able to track her cell phone was at the Walmart at the base of Signal Mountain on Monday. Phone has not been on since then.
She did not have credit cards or her drivers license with her.

the neighbor woman that witnessed Gail driving away--did she witness Gail getting into the vehicle?

and does the jeep have heavily tinted windows?

who leaves home without credit cards or their drivers license?

that alone raises many red flags

we're not sure. I don't think pings are totally accurate for location and there are probably limited towers out there, which would mean pinging on those towers could be from various nearby locations. JMHO of course.
mountainous areas greatly limit tower access,
signals are basically line of sight

the neighbor woman that witnessed Gail driving away--did she witness Gail getting into the vehicle?

well this is a question that some have wondered about.
The neighbor said she ran up the hill to say hi to Gail but Gail drove off without acknowledging her. So, Fran I think it was, wondered if perhaps it wasn't actually Gail that left the house.
Unfortunately it does not seem as if the kids gave any information as to what she was wearing. Not sure if the kids have even talked to the police at all.

Neighbors say Palmgren, and her two kids, returned from the family's lake house in Alabama. She dropped the kids off at home, and drove away.
"I saw her leaving around 12:15 that afternoon and I ran up the hill to say hi, because I knew she'd been upset for quite a while. Things have been going on at the house," said neighbor Susie Button. "She just drove away, she never even acknowledged me."
http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=14601268

The Silence, especially from LE, doesn't help this. Things are known, people have info to counter statements Matt has made, some from observation and some from actions and words from Gail before she disappeared. If these things are true, they are surely verifiable by a simple investigation. This information has been given to LE. There is silence as a result. We are mystified. LE seems to take no action but everyone is hoping they ARE, and are playing it close. BUT we are worrying that no action is being taken at all.
To see only what Matt has said treated as facts (and facts out of context) discussed, there's a human need to say things cryptically (for fear of hindering the investigation we hope exists) which ends up as rumor. Which yes, Signal Mountain is very good at....which also makes it mind boggling that you could still find people 10 days after her disappearance who didn't know about it!

The last known sightings of Gail (or the jeep, at least) are not even being spoken of. Surely it would be helpful to publish those since reading/hearing them might trigger someone elses memory?

Many people in the community who do not know the family, can make an argument for either spouse being the wronged party, which is how it should be, based on information available.

If the things Gail had said in the weeks before she disappeared are not the case...ie. she was delusional when she said them...then by now police should have confirmed this and be quite able to make statements to support those of her husband, and surely have no reason not to do so? Personally I want very badly to believe this scenario.

Gail though, has disappeared with no known ability to fund it (unless she had been secreting cash for months before...which is possible), in a car which needs gas at some point, in a community where a vehicle can relatively easily be lost from the road...let alone an off-road trail. (If she was stressed, abit of offroading might be just the way to blow off steam?). NO-one is looking for her as a person hurt by mis-adventure, or else there would have been searching going on. Her vehicle was specifically an off-road vehicle, (the Sahara being the same top-of-the-line road driving vehicle) and she sometimes took it off road. There has been no official call to other offroaders to search the trails. There has been NO official call for an intensive search of the mountain...or if there has been, this rumor-mongering community has no rumor of it.

I didn't ask how the person knew this, but it's likely that she would: Gail's husband was running an errand with his mother when she came home and she apparently called to let him know the kids were home, and she was going out and leaving them. At 12 and 9 this is legal in TN. For these kids, a few hours alone at home is totally appropriate to their maturity level. (on the kid subject, they are spending the weekend out of town....but not in the same towns as each other. These two are close...at a time like this, maybe out of town......but surely together? What is their father thinking??? ...Can't dwell on this, can't see the keyboard to type otherwise).

Does the person who obtained the cell phone info have the means to find out more about whether LE actually is following up on the claims Gail made before she disappeared??? Just to KNOW that they were trying, would help.

I have listened fbx, and care. Many, from not in your area do that are WS members. We pray for missing persons to be found!

Spoke with a mod about this, and feel OK to say...I contacted every news source about Gail several days ago. Some went directly to VM, some to news director, but contacted one reporter who said they had contacted LE with no reply. They are wondering. Problem is...it's a station close to her hometown, not her current abide. What's up with Signal Mountain? as many local have said. Again, I say--WE can help her cause. :great: :angel: :great:

well this is a question that some have wondered about.
The neighbor said she ran up the hill to say hi to Gail but Gail drove off without acknowledging her. So, Fran I think it was, wondered if perhaps it wasn't actually Gail that left the house.
Unfortunately it does not seem as if the kids gave any information as to what she was wearing. Not sure if the kids have even talked to the police at all.

Neighbors say Palmgren, and her two kids, returned from the family's lake house in Alabama. She dropped the kids off at home, and drove away.
"I saw her leaving around 12:15 that afternoon and I ran up the hill to say hi, because I knew she'd been upset for quite a while. Things have been going on at the house," said neighbor Susie Button. "She just drove away, she never even acknowledged me."
http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=14601268

Or maybe she was being 'driven' away by someone so she could not stop or wave to her neighbor. It does seem odd that she would not even acknowledge her friend who was obviously coming to say hello. Even when I am in a hurry I will honk and wave as if to say 'sorry, brb.' So it seems weird she just drove on by, imo. And since the neighbor found it strange it was not Gail's usual behavior.

Going to let this mother go away, and be forgotten? He!!s no!!! Pages ago I thought this may be about privacy...no more else Gail would have been found, and then privacy is up to family. UNTIL then...I will be on your patootie like...well, you know. The fact that there is NO word, NO searches tells me something that I really find offensive. I'll call the actual FBI if TBI will do nothing. (this is not against LE, just the LE that doesn't seem to care about this woman)

Same in the case of Holly Bobo. MUM is the word. Not this time if I have anything to say, and I will. ♥ Raven aka blabbermouth

If Gail had called for the purpose of stopping her husband from doing something to himself/others or because he was emotionally distraught/disturbed/outright raging, it would have been considered an EDP rather than a domestic dispute, at least where I am from. Because none of this happened it, or that we know if, this seems like a basic case of a marital spat where police were called, perhaps for unwarranted reasons.

Unfortunately, we don't know the reasons. If the LE didn't think Matt or Gail required a full "emotionally distraught" label, they may have let the situation resolve in a less official manner than carting someone off in an ambulance.

Unrelated, but an interesting comment in the May 7 Times Free Press article: "Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio (was) asked whether it was unusual for someone to wait 48 hours to notify police, Tizzio said it depends. 'If it was my wife, if it was me, hopefully I’d have called sooner,' he said."

So the police told the press that they think Matt waited too long to call LE.

Unfortunately, we don't know the reasons. If the LE didn't think Matt or Gail required a full "emotionally distraught" label, they may have let the situation resolve in a less official manner than carting someone off in an ambulance.

Unrelated, but an interesting comment in the May 7 Times Free Press article: "Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio (was) asked whether it was unusual for someone to wait 48 hours to notify police, Tizzio said it depends. 'If it was my wife, if it was me, hopefully I’d have called sooner,' he said."

So the police told the press that they think Matt waited too long to call LE.

No doubt he's in trouble for hedging the truth. This has been on the FP of WS, I just don't get why so few people care. Is it because she's 44? She is a MOTHER of 2 children. Their lives have been changed forever no matter the outcome.

DH waited 48 hrs to call LE/cleanup. An educated guy with EVERYTHING to lose as director of large dept of large insurance co. If LE truly searches, they will find. Intelligence does not necessarily mean street sense. Look already!!!, or I will.

who leaves home without credit cards or their drivers license?

that alone raises many red flags

BBM: good question.

Also, I think it's important to note that most of these jeeps have manual transmissions (aka standard.) Not automatic.

Tinted windows, very common in the South (sun and heat being the factor typically.)
Level of tint- depends on what you pay for.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler[/ame]

Can be ordered auto, not likely. But she drove it all the time, no problem. Hub, when drunk?
That would be a problem.

Oriah, are you sure about the super duper deluxe models being standard?

No, not at all. But what I am sure of is it would be a good idea if you were going off road- or towing something- or driving a bunch of curvy, hilly roads.

However, my point was actually in wondering whether or not Gail knew how to drive a standard- and if her jeep was one- then it would be easier to identify the driver of the vehicle, rather than a passenger. A standard requires two hands generally (unless you're really good :waitasec: ) and a foot.

An automatic- much harder to identify a passenger because the driver only requires one hand (and a foot, if you need to brake.)

Or maybe she was being 'driven' away by someone so she could not stop or wave to her neighbor. It does seem odd that she would not even acknowledge her friend who was obviously coming to say hello. Even when I am in a hurry I will honk and wave as if to say 'sorry, brb.' So it seems weird she just drove on by, imo. And since the neighbor found it strange it was not Gail's usual behavior.
or she was really really scared of something or someone.
One of her friends suggested early on that she was hiding because she may be scared.
What would scare her so much that she would bring her kids all the way back from the lake house, drop them off and then drive off?
Why did she bring them back in the first place? Think about it. She had had a fight with her dh, she drove to the lake house then drove right back and left without a trace. Does not make sense.

Was she threatened? if so by whom?

No, not at all. But what I am sure of is it would be a good idea if you were going off road- or towing something- or driving a bunch of curvy, hilly roads.

However, my point was actually in wondering whether or not Gail knew how to drive a standard- and if her jeep was one one- then it would be easier to identify the driver of the vehicle, rather than a passenger. A standard requires two hands generally (unless you're really good :waitasec: ) and a foot.

An automatic- much harder to identify a passenger because it only requires one hand (and a foot, if you need to brake.)

and...last moment seeing vehicle by neighbor/friend did not seem like friend.

or she was really really scared of something or someone.
One of her friends suggested early on that she was hiding because she may be scared.
What would scare her so much that she would bring her kids all the way back from the lake house, drop them off and then drive off?
Why did she bring them back in the first place? Think about it. She had had a fight with her dh, she drove to the lake house then drove right back and left without a trace. Does not make sense.

Was she threatened? if so by whom?

I'm having a hard time understanding WHY she even went to the lake house to spend the night.. Thats about a four hour drive, and thats just one way..JMHO

The husband says she went to the lake house and he has no idea how long she was gone? Why wouldn't he know? Doesn't he live with her? Does he travel for business? What are the kids saying? At 9 and 12 years old, after a recent trip alone with mom to the cabin, I would think the kids would have some idea of any trips their mom was planning to make????

Salem
I am going back to the beginning of the thread and Salem this was a good question because he knew exactly how long she was gone. He knew when she left and he knew when she dropped off the kids.
So what in the world is this about?
ETA: ok here is the passage- I should re read the section about the encounter with LE. Didn't he know she left asfter the police call?

>>Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family&#8217;s dogs early April 30 from the family&#8217;s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon<<
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties