TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rose: Gail is now being featured on our front page. Praying she is found safe! :rose:

WOW!!! I just deleted a message that was in a reply AS IF SHE WAS found...
I do not know why I replyed as if - I seemed to think that she is found - I just hope it was a premonition.
BUT I DELETED THAT......I pray that she be found, very soon. Come home safe Gail.

WOW!!! I just deleted a message that was in a reply AS IF SHE WAS found...
I do not know why I replyed as if - I seemed to thing that she is found - I just hope it was a premonition.
BUT I DELETED THAT......I pray that she be found, very soon. Come home safe Gail.

when i saw yours, songline, my heart started pounding too! then your post was gone. pray she makes it home safely to her children!

Husbands can be abused too.......

What I see at first glance is a wife who has more than one home, a nice car, a fairly large amount of financial resources, and a supportive extended family. It would seem logical that if she was having problems in the marriage, she could have asked the family to help with the children and she could have taken off for a number of days....to the lake house or a hotel. That would seem a rational response to stress. So many women suffer through abuse because they have no means...no car, no finances, no extended family support system in place...basically they have no where to go and feel trapped. That does not seem to be the case here.
This leads me to believe that the wife was indeed suffering mentally or psychologically. This does not mean she is not "intelligent" or otherwise "healthy." Stress can do all kinds of things to smart, healthy people. We should not be judgmental or condescending to someone who is suffering from mental health issues....whether mild or serious.

I am not saying the wife in this case is having mental health issues....just that it could be a possibility and if so, we should have compassion on her....and on the whole family.

Not pointing any fingers here without evidence, but if I had to call LE to my home 3 times in 10 days I'd be a little paranoid too.

I may have missed it, but did it state anywhere that SHE was the one who called the LE each time? Just wondering.

This eerily reminds me of the Perry March case. I hope I'm wrong..... :(

I was wondering about bodies of water myself. :( I hate to think it! But if everyone has been checking out all the roadways, that seems to be the next place to start looking.

Well that's a big task. There's the Tennessee River, Chickamauga Lake, Chickamauga Creek, and other big lakes in adjoining counties.

I guess a red jeep might not be that unusual, but the Alabama license plate with "EAZY ST" would be spotted right away by police.

Here's the latest Chattanooga Times Free-Press article ~ new information about the boat that the husband supposedly wanted to haul to Alabama when they had the argument in the car:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

Arlene Durham, a family friend who lives at Lake Jordan in Titus, Ala., said she saw Gail Palmgren and the children the night of April 29.

“She was very upset and very worried. You could tell something was the matter,” she said. “She wouldn’t talk because the kids were here.”

The April 22 call came after an argument in the car. Gail Palmgren told police her husband wanted to take a boat down to the lake house and she wanted them to go to Alabama as a family.

Matthew Palmgren told police he needed the Jeep to haul the boat and his wife got mad and decided to hide the key. So he got out and began walking home, according to the report.

Asked about the boat, Durham replied, “That’s full of crap.”

“That boat’s already down here. That boat hasn’t left the lake in three years that I know of,” she said.

:waitasec:

Please pardon me if this has already been posted, but there appears to be several Walmarts in the Signal Mt and greater Chattanooga area. Does anyone know which Walmart showed up on her cell phone pings? I'm also curious about security cams. Surely they must show something. I'm also concerned about the husband's legal activities. It seems strange to me that his initial reaction would be to seek a restraining order while she's missing, no matter the current state of their marriage.

quote "This does not mean she is not "intelligent" or otherwise "healthy." Stress can do all kinds of things to smart, healthy people."

I'm glad someone else noticed this. Matthew stated (according to the media) that she is having "bouts of depression". The sister responded on camera by saying "she is a very intelligent person, healthy". Intelligent people can be depressed. Healthy people can be depressed. Intelligence and health have nothing to do with depression.

I really think the media in this case is causing more problem than it's fixing. An investigation can get bogged down when facts are distorted and spread through a community. Todays report stated "The only people talking are those looking for Gail Palmgren". On the surface that statement makes it seem like the sister and brother are the only ones doing anything. The police aren't talking, I bet they are looking. Just because someone isn't sitting in front of the camera, doesn't mean that they aren't working behind the scene.

I may have missed it, but did it state anywhere that SHE was the one who called the LE each time? Just wondering.

Now that you mention it, nowhere does it state who called LE. Think I assumed it was Mrs Palmgren as several articles have claimed that she was given numbers to safe houses. I have not read anything that says LE gave any numbers to Mr Palmgren.

Now that you mention it, nowhere does it state who called LE. Think I assumed it was Mrs Palmgren as several articles have claimed that she was given numbers to safe houses. I have not read anything that says LE gave any numbers to Mr Palmgren.
Yes it states that Gail called 911 at least 2 of the 3 trips and the police gave Gail the number for a safe house.

>>eight days before her April 30 disappearance &#8211; Signal Mountain resident Gail Palmgren called 9-1-1 and asked for help.<<
>>On April 29 Mrs. Palmgren called again to report another incident and, during their investigation, officers provided her with &#8220;phone numbers of a safe place to stay.&#8221;
<<

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_201004.asp

Husbands can be abused too.......

So many women suffer through abuse because they have no means...no car, no finances, no extended family support system in place...basically they have no where to go and feel trapped. That does not seem to be the case here.
This leads me to believe that the wife was indeed suffering mentally or psychologically.

(Snipped by me)

I get so upset when I hear things like this, even though it does on the surface seem pretty rational. Having more financial resources doesn't necessarily make it easier to escape violence believe it or not....it just changes the landscape. Here's why:

1) Society has done a pretty good job of getting out the message to women that there is a choice - you can leave. In reality yes, YOU can leave, but your children...not always. Believe it or not, some states still do not have a law requiring judges to consider a history of DV when determining custody. Some states are only required to consider a criminal conviction, which means no matter how many times LE has been out there a judge may consider it, but is NOT required to do so. So for a woman who is only now finally getting up the courage to take a stand and prosecute that may not help - no matter how much money you have. 2) Money can work against you too....Judges have their own inherent biases (consciously or not), and may be more likely to believe that a minority, or a person of limited education or resources is a DV offender...and maybe less likely to believe the same allegation from an older, white guy with an established profession.
3) If an abuser has financial resources, he can keep his victim tied up in family court for YEARS just to make sure he still has the ability to manipulate and control her in some way. Making cross allegations of mental instability, or promiscuity or even reciprocal abuse is a common tactic abusers use to "muddy the waters" and try to drag their victim through the mud even more. Using the kids becomes his legal way to keep revictimizing her. Remember, the more money a victim has to leave, the more money an abuser has to keep going after her. I wish someone had told me all of this before I left. It wouldn't have changed my decision to leave, but it would have made me feel more prepared for what was coming and less alone.

I'm not saying he was abusive, but he could be. I'm not saying she's having mental health issues, but she could be. It could be both - she could be depressed or anxious about coming to terms with being abused. However, if the mother of your children is having mental health issues, and you're not abusive, I'd expect a different reaction I think.

Only in the past few years has there been better research/understanding/support for battered mothers and the unique challenges mothers face separating from violent relationships and coparenting with violent individuals. If someone you know is in this situation, you might refer them to the following resources for more reading (besides your local DV center):

Battered Mothers Custody Conference website
Lundy Bancroft, author and advocate
The Leadership Council (website)
ABA Committee on Domestic Violence

Please pardon me if this has already been posted, but there appears to be several Walmarts in the Signal Mt and greater Chattanooga area. Does anyone know which Walmart showed up on her cell phone pings? I'm also curious about security cams. Surely they must show something. I'm also concerned about the husband's legal activities. It seems strange to me that his initial reaction would be to seek a restraining order while she's missing, no matter the current state of their marriage.

I believe the nearest Wal Mart is the one on Signal Mt. Blvd at the foot of the mountain:

SignalMtWalMartMap.jpg

Taking someone's key away=too drunk to drive. IMO, JMO, Moo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat