TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLease everyone,let's move away from the area affluence issue, I think the points have been made and the going around does not further the discussion.

Be careful not to sleuth family members in a personal way.

We are just trying to put the puzzle pieces together as to what happened to Gail. There have been some great exchanges of information and possible places to look in this thread.

We do not know if Gail left on her own or if foul play was involved, so please be careful about accusations.

Where is Gail?

How do we get Signal Mountain PD to look for her?

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and did see fliers on some cars but didn't see any of her family. Believe me, if I had seen her family I would have had tons of questions and offers to help in any way.

It bothers me that I haven't seen any fliers on the mountain. I haven't been everywhere, but did not see any fliers at McDonald's or the shops where Wild Hare Books is.

I am constantly looking for her jeep during my travels up and down the mountain and around town. I'm looking for any place a car could have gone off the road.

There was a news story on WRCBTV this morning at the start of the 6:00 am broadcast. Hopefully the media will latch onto Gail's case and start asking lots of questions.

Yeah-it is hard to get a warm fuzzy feeling about waiting 48 hours. What did he tell the kids?

I think the more important question is what did the kids tell him. Remember, she dropped them off and hard to see that as a lie at that age so likely said "mommy is going ....... for a few days" or could have said to the store too. In this case i can see a 48 hour wait if she told the kids something like going to a friends for the night etc.

Suspect that this will be a sad case of an accident while distracted and upset. If she is having emotional problems, it may be she turned around if the kids were acting up because she felt she couldn't deal with it all and dropped them back at home.

just some thoughts

RO could possibly be SOP in emergency type custody cases, so it may not be out of the ordinary.

I think the more important question is what did the kids tell him. Remember, she dropped them off and hard to see that as a lie at that age so likely said "mommy is going ....... for a few days" or could have said to the store too. In this case i can see a 48 hour wait if she told the kids something like going to a friends for the night etc.
Suspect that this will be a sad case of an accident while distracted and upset. If she is having emotional problems, it may be she turned around if the kids were acting up because she felt she couldn't deal with it all and dropped them back at home.

Very good points. We don't know WHAT anyone has said.
Those poor kids.

The husband is the director of Blue Cross Blue Shield?

I'll find out what I can today from my brother-n-law.. He is also in management with Blue Cross/ Blue Shield in Chattanooga and he and my sister-n-law live on Signal... As I stated before, our family was out of town for a destination wedding/vacation when this happened...My brother-n-law didn't even return to work until Wednesday the 11th of this week..

Yes he is. Here is a link from the BCBS website.

http://www.bcbs.com/news/plans/palmgren-joins-bcbstn-pharmacy-team.html

I DO personally know the Palmgren family. I have been friends with them for over 20 years. I will say that they are truly a sweet, caring and totally normal family. Matthew is a hard working, devoted family man. I am heartbroken that they are having to endure this...not only the disappearance of Gail, but the questions and public opinions.

Please remember to wait for all the FACTS before ruining this family.
no one is trying to do anything other than find Gail.

He's filed for a separation since she went missing, so I imagine he's not looking for her. :(

I can't imagine he is too pressed to find her given that he has filed for separation. Very hinky to me.

Long time lurker, new member here...

The “town” of Signal Mountain has a very high income rate, but the city limits cover about ¼ of the mountain. If you include Walden through 127 off the backside of the mtn., then that average income rate drops drastically.

From Walden to the back of the mountain is hardly affluent. The Sequatchie County side is still rural, and not wealthy. You will see my point about this shortly…

I’ve lived on Signal Mountain for 35 years and know its advantages and drawbacks very well. It’s a "hush" community- if something goes wrong, it won’t make the news until it is a catastrophe. You still have to search the web or read the Times Free Press to find news of this story... very little, if any, coverage on the nightly WTVC, WDSI or WDEF 11 o’clock news. WRCB has featured the case.

Some Signal Mountain folks (especially those on the front side), will leave out the fact that the Klan was quite visibly prevalent up until the early 1990s with roadblocks and burning crosses. They are still large in the area, but they meet in secluded “survival” camps on the backside of the mountain these days. Signal Mountain’s most famous resident for a long time was Byron De La Beckwith (who murdered the famous Civil Rights Leader Medgar Evers, for those with short memories). You also had the 4 wheeler murders, which took 15 years to solve.

The Signal Mountain cops are likely way over their heads with this. They like to spend most of their time harassing teenagers, and tailing home people who work late hours. Don’t drive through the city limits if you have an out of state tags late at night, or you will be tailed. There are a couple of fine officers who do their best, but a lot of them are not equipped, nor have the right kind of mental approach to the job to be able to handle this type of situation.

What should be noted is that St. Ives is directly connected to the Timesville area, which most people of money on the mountain avoid visiting or discussing. I lived in Applewood when they started construction on St. Ives, and since it runs directly into the Timesville community, they built an 8 foot wall to block access… because Timesville Road and further into that ravine make the hillbilly community in “Deliverence” look like paradise. The area around Applewood, St. Ives, and Timesville would’ve made the perfect place to dispose of someone. St. Ives was built on the old “motorbike” pits, which drew in a very shady crowd, with lots of drugs and rural crime taking place- as well as stills. Building St. Ives in that specific area was about the dumbest idea any developer could’ve come up with, because it is directly connected to one of the poorest areas on the mountain. It would still be very easy to hide something in this area. The woods behind the neighborhoods are miles deep and still probably filled with marijuana plants and shady activity.

Is there a chance that Gail was self-medicating her depression with illicit drugs? Could she have met up with foul play that way?

no one is trying to do anything other than find Gail.

I can't imagine he is too pressed to find her given that he has filed for separation. Very hinky to me.

For me, if the fact that she tranferred money and took possessions fromn the home then I don't see this as hinky at all. She left and took money and possessions. (IF true) Also, neighbor saw her drop the kids off?

If the roles were reversed and what is said really happened, I would separate from my husband and file a restraining order to protect remaining assets also.

quote "This does not mean she is not "intelligent" or otherwise "healthy." Stress can do all kinds of things to smart, healthy people."

I'm glad someone else noticed this. Matthew stated (according to the media) that she is having "bouts of depression". The sister responded on camera by saying "she is a very intelligent person, healthy". Intelligent people can be depressed. Healthy people can be depressed. Intelligence and health have nothing to do with depression.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14627648

"In a sworn statement he claims his wife has suffered "bouts of depression", is on several prescription medications, and is "delusional"."

Depression is one thing, but when a personal is on "several prescription medications, and is "delusional"", that is more severe. Yes, healthy people can be depressed, I totally agree, but it appears the husband is accusing her of being much more than just depressed, to the extent he claims she's delusional. I can tell you if my wife were on several prescription medications for depression, and she is delusional, I certainly wouldn't "agree" to let her take our children so far from home. I would be very concerned for her wellbeing and our children's wellbeing in her mental state.

Snipped by me...

Yes, there are 4 roads off of the mountain. I mentioned the two on the front side in my post. As far as the other two go, one is called the "gap rd" and it follows through to the Hixson/Soddy Daisy area. The other is Taft Hwy/127 that goes down the back side of the mtn into Dunlap.

As far as cameras on the road in Dunlap, I don't think there are any unless there are some on hwy 111.

The gap road is Robert's Mill Road, where the 4 wheelers were dumped from the rather infamous murders that were featured on Unsolved Mysteries (w/ Robert Stack) and City Confidential. It is about 5 minutes from the Sequatchie County line, and an extremely rural area...

Walmart had power Saturday, and was already selling generators, chainsaws and huge flashlights. Having just said that and pure speculation (not sure it's allowed but someone can always delete!). I've been having trouble with the leaving the kids and taking off. Visiting Wal Mart doesn't seem to fit....but it might if there was damage at their lake house and she was grabbing supplies before heading back out there...sans kids, because it was dangerous. Where was Matt...maybe on his way back to the home and only a few minutes away? Why no-one looked for her right away SO bothers me....she could have been wrecked off the side of the mountain needing urgent care!
..actually, she still could be, it's not like we've all met up and done a huge co-ordinated search....helicopters?????? I wish we were seeing them.

I'm just curious...has anyone thought about her cell phone possibly being pinged Monday morning at Wal-Mart (she'd been missing for two days at that point) at the hands of someone other than Mrs. P? The WM video surveillance might NOT show her Jeep because maybe it wasn't there. Maybe we should be looking for someone elses vehicle on the surveillance cameras? Stranged that it was pinged the same day she was finally reported missing...

Does the vehicle have OnStar/GPS tracking? Has LE had helicopters out searching around the cliffs of those mountains?

I can't imagine going to a safe house for this long without letting someone know you are okay, at least her own family.

It just seems strange that she seemed to be preparing to leave, or at least protecting her interests and then all of a sudden she disappears off the face of the earth. A little too convenient scenario if you will.

I don't have a clear picture of how long the children were home alone on Saturday. When did the husband return?

TIA

There is GPS and Jeep is a division of Chrysler. It seems counter intuitive to believe that the GPS requests arent logged some where-anyone know any differently? I would like to really investigate that angle.

Gail is missing off of 8/127- or 27 further south- is that correct?

The husband is the director of Blue Cross Blue Shield?

I'll find out what I can today from my brother-n-law.. He is also in management with Blue Cross/ Blue Shield in Chattanooga and he and my sister-n-law live on Signal... As I stated before, our family was out of town for a destination wedding/vacation when this happened...My brother-n-law didn't even return to work until Wednesday the 11th of this week..

Great info! Wonder is BCBS might be interested in providing some volunteers for searches and flyer hanging if need be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member