TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have filed the restraining order against her family. Just a thought. While the article would lead you to believe he filed the restraining order against Mrs. P, it doesn't actually say that.

For me, if the fact that she tranferred money and took possessions fromn the home then I don't see this as hinky at all. She left and took money and possessions. (IF true) Also, neighbor saw her drop the kids off?

If the roles were reversed and what is said really happened, I would separate from my husband and file a restraining order to protect remaining assets also.

I agree with you! I am reading all the posts of this thread over and over, trying to find anything that is helpful, but I am getting rather frustrated at what many of you are posting. I see several of you who seem to be wanting to gather info and seem to be keeping an open mind about it all, but others seem to be looking for anything that will incriminate Matt and create a good news story. What a shame that is.

No, it is not "hinky" that he has done just as he has. He's not talking to the media-do you blame him? Anything he says will be analyized to the nth and turned around on him. Of course he is following the advice of his attorney, and would be an idiot not to. As for the restraining order, do you blame him. He doesn't know where she is or what is going on with her... she could come walking in the door at any second and if he hasn't done something to legally prevent it, she can take possessions, the kids, etc and go away again. From the way I see it, if he had done something to her or knew more than he was telling, there would be no need for a RO. I would assume (although I don't know for sure) the seperation filing is an attempt to block her from accessing bank accounts, retirement accounts, and any other assets which she could get to. Be realistic, no matter what is going on with the marriage, should he be forced to handle the investigation, be subjected to the media and public opinion, deal with the children and tyring to keep them safe and calm, and sit back and wonder if she is going to hit another account.

Of course he is searching for her...think about it, it is in HIS best interest for her to be found! If she isn't found, he is going to be blamed. Many of the posters on here are already hinting or downright saying he should be. Whether he is seperated from her or not, whether she is on meds or not, etc. he wants her found so that he can clear himself. That's not selfish or unloving, that's self preservation. Any of us in this situation would do the same. The lives of everyone involved in this have seriously gone to he!! in the past 2 weeks. How would you like your marital problems bared for all to see on the nightly news? Would you be happy to have your life disected and discussed on a forum like this? My guess is that none of us would like it, none of us would know which way to turn and we would take the advice of our attorney too.

I joined this thread to see if there was anything that could help. Any ideas that could produce information. The more heads the better, and a small handful of you seem really to be thinking things through and considering the possibilities. The others really seem to be wanting that big news story. What a shame... Here is the basic truth, there are many details that we are not hearing. The police are remaining quiet and they must have a reason for doing so-for all we know, they have instructed Matt to do the same. In our society all it takes is the one TV news report to destroy someone. Do we remember Tonya Craft? Her life and career were ruined and eventually she was proven to be not guilty.

As I watched the national news this morning, I saw an interview with the mother of Madeline McCann. She was talking about the first weeks after the little girl was abducted, and she talked about how terrible it was to be investigated and in the media. It must be hard to do everything exactly right and say just the right things when you are worried, scared, upset, mad, and all the other emotions that have to occur. I sure don't want to ever be in this position. I don't assume Mrs. McCann or Matt or anyone else would either.

So, my final thoughts are this:

Matt hang in there: I have known you for a long time and I know your a good, kindhearted person. Hug and comfort your kids.

Gail-girl come home. Whatever the problem is, it can be worked out. The family-yours, the Palmgrens and mostly your kids need this to be over with.

I am praying for all of you...

from above article

Matthew Palmgren said in an affidavit filed in Chancery Court that the couple had been married since 1996. He said his wife had been under care for depression and had become more paranoid recently.

Interesting that he says she is more depressed and more paranoid.
If that is true, what would make a person more depressed and paranoid?

I am sure LE will find the truth.
Maybe she is seeing someone for depression, maybe she planned to leave him, maybe she didn't want to see him for any reason whatsoever.

Coming in a little late here, but someone trying to mess with her head would be my first guess. Especially if the family and PD can find no links to the alleged problems. Strange that her family is not bringing any information forward that she was having trouble....herself or with the marriage. I don't care for family not being forthcoming in missing person's cases. Puts a another spin to the case, imo.

Just a note. She did not return to work after their moving there from Louisville, right? Do we know why? Do we know why they moved? Work or personal? Have they tried to contact any of her friends in KY? We weren't told of the new addy she wanted her mail forwarded to. ???

Below is a photo of the area where the Palmgren's lived. The marker is the general area of St. Ives with Timesville to the right NE and Applewood directly to the SW. Those woods go to the NW go on for miles and miles, and it is very sparcely populated from that point until you reach Powell's Crossroads and Whitwell in the next county over. There are trails that lead to Prentice Cooper and Suck Creek Mtn (which is directly connected to Signal Mtn) and is located behind the Walmart.

For those who aren't familiar with the area: The Walmart is not located on Signal Mountain, but at the bottom of the mtn. in or near the Red Bank area.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/59yi23Jjw-d6K3nvZkYszA?feat=directlink

Photo with street names

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ntEZCE8sjDIvIsPREGxaeQ?feat=directlink

If a fullscale search is organized, that area should be examined.

Edit: Don't think the google pictures thing is working, will try to reload the picture

Gail is missing off of 8/127- or 27 further south- is that correct?

Yes, 127 is Signal Mt. Road.

27 leads either north through Hamilton Co. along Walden's Ridge or south into Chattanooga across the Tn River.

I'm just curious...has anyone thought about her cell phone possibly being pinged Monday morning at Wal-Mart (she'd been missing for two days at that point) at the hands of someone other than Mrs. P? The WM video surveillance might NOT show her Jeep because maybe it wasn't there. Maybe we should be looking for someone elses vehicle on the surveillance cameras? Stranged that it was pinged the same day she was finally reported missing...

I am on the same wavelength as you - possibly phone was planted a few days after-the-fact...

Below is a photo of the area where the Palmgren's lived. The marker is the general area of St. Ives with Timesville to the right NE and Applewood directly to the SW. Those woods go to the NW go on for miles and miles, and it is very sparcely populated from that point until you reach Powell's Crossroads and Whitwell in the next county over. There are trails that lead to Prentice Cooper and Suck Creek Mtn (which is directly connected to Signal Mtn) and is located behind the Walmart.

For those who aren't familiar with the area. The Walmart is not located on Signal Mountain, but at the bottom of the mtn. in or near the Red Bank area.

59yi23Jjw-d6K3nvZkYszA

If a fullscale search is organized, that area should be examined.

Yes, Suck Creek Road runs between the River and Signal Mountain. Beautiful Place. I used to hang out with my college friends at a catfish restaurant out there. :) But heavily wooded and in some ways remote. And that's near where the murderer in the Signal Mt. murders of the three men dumped their four wheelers.

And you are right, Prentice Cooper State Forest is another remote area on the backside of Signal. I'm hoping they've searched back there. Surely the park rangers would notice a candy red jeep with a woman driving alone!

perico said:
Edit: Don't think the google pictures thing is working, will try to reload the picture

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="288" height="192" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&hl=en_US&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&feed=https%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2F101090187475956061454%2Falbumid%2F5605870054515829329%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26hl%3Den_US" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Try just using the direct link instead of imbed code (although I'm not sure a slideshow will work here).

Long time lurker, new member here...

The “town” of Signal Mountain has a very high income rate, but the city limits cover about ¼ of the mountain. If you include Walden through 127 off the backside of the mtn., then that average income rate drops drastically.

From Walden to the back of the mountain is hardly affluent. The Sequatchie County side is still rural, and not wealthy. You will see my point about this shortly…

I’ve lived on Signal Mountain for 35 years and know its advantages and drawbacks very well. It’s a "hush" community- if something goes wrong, it won’t make the news until it is a catastrophe. You still have to search the web or read the Times Free Press to find news of this story... very little, if any, coverage on the nightly WTVC, WDSI or WDEF 11 o’clock news. WRCB has featured the case.

Some Signal Mountain folks (especially those on the front side), will leave out the fact that the Klan was quite visibly prevalent up until the early 1990s with roadblocks and burning crosses. They are still large in the area, but they meet in secluded “survival” camps on the backside of the mountain these days. Signal Mountain’s most famous resident for a long time was Byron De La Beckwith (who murdered the famous Civil Rights Leader Medgar Evers, for those with short memories). You also had the 4 wheeler murders, which took 15 years to solve.

The Signal Mountain cops are likely way over their heads with this. They like to spend most of their time harassing teenagers, and tailing home people who work late hours. Don’t drive through the city limits if you have an out of state tags late at night, or you will be tailed. There are a couple of fine officers who do their best, but a lot of them are not equipped, nor have the right kind of mental approach to the job to be able to handle this type of situation.

What should be noted is that St. Ives is directly connected to the Timesville area, which most people of money on the mountain avoid visiting or discussing. I lived in Applewood when they started construction on St. Ives, and since it runs directly into the Timesville community, they built an 8 foot wall to block access… because Timesville Road and further into that ravine make the hillbilly community in “Deliverence” look like paradise. The area around Applewood, St. Ives, and Timesville would’ve made the perfect place to dispose of someone. St. Ives was built on the old “motorbike” pits, which drew in a very shady crowd, with lots of drugs and rural crime taking place- as well as stills. Building St. Ives in that specific area was about the dumbest idea any developer could’ve come up with, because it is directly connected to one of the poorest areas on the mountain. It would still be very easy to hide something in this area. The woods behind the neighborhoods are miles deep and still probably filled with marijuana plants and shady activity.

I spend the night in Chattanooga 2x/year on my way from Chicago to Orlando to visit w/family. I will never look @ that city the same way again after reading your description above. Yikes, it's scary...

Yes, Suck Creek Road runs between the River and Signal Mountain. Beautiful Place. I used to hang out with my college friends at a catfish restaurant out there. :) But heavily wooded and in some ways remote. And that's near where the murderer in the Signal Mt. murders of the three men dumped their four wheelers.

And you are right, Prentice Cooper State Forest is another remote area on the backside of Signal. I'm hoping they've searched back there. Surely the park rangers would notice a candy red jeep with a woman driving alone!

Try just using the direct link instead of imbed code (although I'm not sure a slideshow will work here).

The place where the four wheelers were dumped was near Roberts Mill Rd (gap rd) on the other side of the mtn. Not near Suck Creek. The bodies were found in Marion County though, the actual murder occurred on Frank Casteel's property on Robert's Mill Rd.

I am on the same wavelength as you - possibly phone was planted a few days after-the-fact...

I agree with both of you. Do we have any info on where the phone was pinging Saturday till Monday?

This reminds me of the Rochelle Cremona-Simmons case. The husband was immediately suspected because they had an argument (and statistics on this type of thing don't lie), and many stated she would never run away on her own, and he HAD to have something to do with it, because he wasn't speaking out or pleading for her return, etc. And there was NO way she had mental illness, etc.
It just goes to show that ANYTHING can happen. And even though there are statistics domestic abuse, etc., that they aren't fool proof.
Until it is proven otherwise, I tend to think she is voluntarily missing, and I hope she comes home soon. All the best to the children, who are most definitely victims in all of this.

I spend the night in Chattanooga 2x/year on my way from Chicago to Orlando to visit w/family. I will never look @ that city the same way again after reading your description above. Yikes, it's scary...

Always be careful when traveling... you never ever know what the area is like when you pull off the interstate to stay somewhere. It can look very nice, but be very not nice. As for Chattanooga as a whole, the main tourist area in downtown is nice and fairly well safe, but as with any city, there are many areas that I wont drive through by myself and a place or two that I wouldn't drive through with an armed guard.

Don't get me wrong. Signal Mountain is very nice, and the actual town of Signal Mountain is one of the wealthiest in the state, but the city limits end around the W Road, and the actual mountain goes back another 15-20 miles before you descend into Dunlap.

Which is precisely why the location of St. Ives bothered me. It was like connecting a ritzy neighborhood with a ghetto. They were never going to force out the Timesville crew, so they built a freakin' 8 foot wall to block the view. For a while, the expansion on the mountain was so ridiculously out of control, and in some ways, still is, as they were trying to force out the lower class elements, by buying up the land around their areas and building high wealth neighborhoods. St. Ives is around 15 years old, and it always has a number of houses unoccupied and a huge number of empty lots that never sold.

Timesville is flat out scary. There was the motorbike pit out there in the woods where burnt out cars would slowly sink in the mud exactly where St. Ives is now located.

Any place can be scary ~ I've been to Chicago and there are some dangerous areas around there too, plus it is fifteen times bigger than Chattanooga. :crazy:

Most of Chattanooga ~ not scary. On any given day, Signal Mountain is a non-scary and peaceful place. A beautiful place in fact.

Anything can happen anywhere. There are disappearances in the most idyllic places, which is why we are talking about this one. It is out of the ordinary.

There is GPS and Jeep is a division of Chrysler. It seems counter intuitive to believe that the GPS requests arent logged some where-anyone know any differently? I would like to really investigate that angle.

i just bought a jeep myself and jeep is not a luxuray vehicle that would include gps. I wasn't an option on mine....but it could be maybe on the 4 door rubicons, i test drove one of those, they are super nice...too expensive for my blood though

Don't get me wrong. Signal Mountain is very nice, and the actual town of Signal Mountain is one of the wealthiest in the state, but the city limits end around the W Road, and the actual mountain goes back another 15-20 miles before you descend into Dunlap.

Which is precisely why the location of St. Ives bothered me. It was like connecting a ritzy neighborhood with a ghetto. They were never going to force out the Timesville crew, so they built a freakin' 8 foot wall to block the view. For a while, the expansion on the mountain was so ridiculously out of control, and in some ways, still is, as they were trying to force out the lower class elements, by buying up the land around their areas and building high wealth neighborhoods. St. Ives is around 15 years old, and it always has a number of houses unoccupied and a huge number of empty lots that never sold.

Timesville is flat out scary. There was the motorbike pit out there in the woods where burnt out cars would slowly sink in the mud exactly where St. Ives is now located.

Ghetto? Maybe houses that aren't up to par next to brand-new $400,000 homes might be an eyesore, but I think ghetto is pretty harsh language.

I've never heard of "Timesville" so that's not general knowledge off the mountain, I guess. Hadn't heard about that wall. I think that's pretty funny, actually.

Do we really think that anyone who lived in the woods behind this development had anything to do with this woman's disappearance? I for one do not. So far there's no evidence beyond the family problems.

Chattanooga is a beautiful city and there are lots of safe places. There are places to stay away from, just like any other city. Her description of the area was very accurate and not very many people like talking about those things.

Before I moved to Signal Mtn, I was raised in Dunlap and the stories you hear about "backwoods" people and corruption is unbelievable there!

Ghetto? Maybe houses that aren't up to par next to brand-new $400,000 homes might be an eyesore, but I think ghetto is pretty harsh language.

I've never heard of "Timesville" so that's not general knowledge off the mountain, I guess. Hadn't heard about that wall. I think that's pretty funny, actually.

Do we really think that anyone who lived in the woods behind this development had anything to do with this woman's disappearance? I for one do not. So far there's no evidence beyond the family problems.

I take it you have never driven down Timesville Rd then? If you had, I think you would understand.

The place where the four wheelers were dumped was near Roberts Mill Rd (gap rd) on the other side of the mtn. Not near Suck Creek. The bodies were found in Marion County though, the actual murder occurred on Frank Casteel's property on Robert's Mill Rd.

Thanks, you're right - I had my roads mixed up! Roberts Mill is further out on Walden's Ridge near Falling Water. (I don't live in that area - I live on the eastern side of the county).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties