TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the local news tonight? Arlene has been asked by the police to stop interfering! In my opinion she has been way to mouthy from the start...
While the investigation has to come first can you really blame her for wanting to do everything she can to find her friend?
I don't personally think sharing this much with media was a good idea, but I certainly see that Arlene's intentions are honorable and honest.

Call me cynical, cause I am. One thing that is bothering me and this is just my opinion. I can appreciate getting all the help you can from anyone to find your loved one or friend. I find it very unusual that a person who does not know her at all is leading the cause. I was pretty shocked to find out the the individual who seems to be heading us the searches and all that does not know her at all. By no means am I putting this person down kudos for helping out, but the cynic in me questions it. I just assumed by all the posts that they were great friends. When I came to find out they did not know her it just made think. Just have never seen anything like that before.

IMO, Arlene is doing what the searchers are doing in groups except she is doing it on her own. How can LE arrest her? It seems like they put more effort into trying to stop her than they have into finding Gail!

I believe her intentions are honest and real and she really wants to help her friend. It's hard to sit back and do nothing in a situation like this, but if she ends up obstructing justice they can do something about it. I would hate to see that, but it happens. We as joe public are not privy to what the police are doing and if people get in the way of what they are tying to do there will be consequences.

Amazing I have not posted in awhile and now I can't shut up :crazy:

Call me cynical, cause I am. One thing that is bothering me and this is just my opinion. I can appreciate getting all the help you can from anyone to find your loved one or friend. I find it very unusual that a person who does not know her at all is leading the cause. I was pretty shocked to find out the the individual who seems to be heading us the searches and all that does not know her at all. By no means am I putting this person down kudos for helping out, but the cynic in me questions it. I just assumed by all the posts that they were great friends. When I came to find out they did not know her it just made think. Just have never seen anything like that before.

KathyJ, I read in an earlier post here that he has a heart of gold and just wanted to help because no one else seemed to be. Hope we are talking about the same individual...the one posting a lot on the FB site?

KathyJ, I read in an earlier post here that he has a heart of gold and just wanted to help because no one else seemed to be. Hope we are talking about the same individual...the one posting a lot on the FB site?

I think we are, and I read that as well. Like I said call me cynical. I do think it's great the effort this person is putting forward. I just have never seen that happen. I am one of those people that question every aspect of something...it's really not a good quality in me, but it's me.:innocent:

I believe her intentions are honest and real and she really wants to help her friend. It's hard to sit back and do nothing in a situation like this, but if she ends up obstructing justice they can do something about it. I would hate to see that, but it happens. We as joe public are not privy to what the police are doing and if people get in the way of what they are tying to do there will be consequences.

Amazing I have not posted in awhile and now I can't shut up :crazy:

That's true. I wonder if she's just frustrated by the apparent good ole boy attitude of LE, and seeming lack of caring--even though, as JBean has said, they are doing a lot that we aren't privy to.

I guess it would be better if she could just accept that she is doing her part by holding on to the evidence Gail gave her, and contributing that at some point. Apparently she tried to show it to LE but they were not interested. I'd feel angry and frustrated, too.

Hmmm..maybe early on they were not interested as there was nothing pointing to foul play and I am not saying that there is something pointing to it now, but for someone who had gathered all her info and was ready for the divorce or whatever MP was going to bring on, I don't see her just leaving. Not without the kids and not without letting her friend know.
I just think that speaks volumes, especially with all the info we are finding out about now.
Got wonder how the girl that "allegedly" had the affair with MP is feeling right now....not so worth it now I am sure

Did you see the local news tonight? Arlene has been asked by the police to stop interfering! In my opinion she has been way to mouthy from the start...

AD was at worst a typical so-called "nosy neighbor", but I very much disagree that she has been "mouthy." Remember, Gail apparently had no problem with AD's behavior because she gave her important paperwork to hold on to, so there's no reason for any of us to judge AD as having stepped over any lines of behavior as far as Gail was concerned.

It's equivocal whether AD has said too much now, but she wants to find her friend and she feels LE isn't doing much about it. AD has kept Gail's name in the press, which I know some people have been extremely upset about, so I assume that's where the complaints are coming from

But if we are to find Gail, this is the only way. Keeping quiet and pretending like nothing happened is harmful to the quest to find Gail, and if there are perpetrators of crimes, hiding the crime only helps them.

I cannot personally fault AD for what she has done, because if it was my friend or relative, I would be shouting from mountaintops if I had to.

AD was at worst a typical so-called "nosy neighbor", but I very much disagree that she has been "mouthy." Remember, Gail apparently had no problem with AD's behavior because she gave her important paperwork to hold on to, so there's no reason for any of us to judge AD as having stepped over any lines of behavior as far as Gail was concerned.

It's equivocal whether AD has said too much now, but she wants to find her friend and she feels LE isn't doing much about it. AD has kept Gail's name in the press, which I know some people have been extremely upset about, so I assume that's where the complaints are coming from

But if we are to find Gail, this is the only way. Keeping quiet and pretending like nothing happened is harmful to the quest to find Gail, and if there are perpetrators of crimes, hiding the crime only helps them.

I cannot personally fault AD for what she has done, because if it was my friend or relative, I would be shouting from mountaintops if I had to.

I agree with all you have said, one question the people that are not happy with her name being kept in the press, is it her family members or MP's? I know as a friend I would be doing what she is doing. Heck we are all doing it on here trying to figure this out. Just don't understand who would not want this in the press---Oh I am sorry the jerk that was having the affair boo hoo

I agree KathyJ. For what it's worth, the only specific complaints I have seen about keeping this in the press have been concerns for MP's reputation. Keep in mind I can't read much on FB since I don't have an account, so there may have been people there who had other concerns. I'm only stating what I've personally seen.

What gets me is that, as the case progressed, I saw specific complaints about people like us on WS "spreading rumors" that hurt MP. One by one, those rumors were revealed in the press to be fact or to be at least substantiated by a friend/relative who witnessed problems. Meanwhile, the rumors about Gail that I saw in some very nasty newspaper article comments have never come to fruition.

I don't know what that means really, I just know it is disturbing and very odd.

Pfffft....feelings hurt. Like you said, slowly but surely the truth is coming out. It always does. No matter what the truth always comes out. May take awhile but it will. And it looks like it's starting to. My heart aches for those kids.

She has no family in the area. Someone needs to help them. Susie was very gracious to let her sister stay with them during her time there and a neighbor (SB too?) let Arlene stay with them while she was in SM. Clive is replacing Matt in what he should be doing...is the way I see it. Granted he should keep the tips to himself and LE at this time, but he's feeling a little zealous in finding her and is becoming frustrated. I can say with the information of LE not yet doing a thorough search of the home or the property does make me question some of their non-action....if true. If we can see the obvious red flags....haven't they? JMO

Before people start putting Arlene down, ask yourselves if you would want her as your friend if you were in this same situation? I know I would! In my opinion, Arlene has been a true friend to Gail and she has stepped out of her comfort zone to stand up to protect her friend. Nowadays people don't want to be bothered with other peoples' problems and they only think of themselves, but not so where Arlene is concerned. Arlene is more concerned about her friends wellbeing and safety than her own. Hats off to Arlene. I would want Arlene to be my friend.

Before people start putting Arlene down, ask yourselves if you would want her as your friend if you were in this same situation? I know I would! In my opinion, Arlene has been a true friend to Gail and she has stepped out of her comfort zone to stand up to protect her friend. Nowadays people don't want to be bothered with other peoples' problems and they only think of themselves, but not so where Arlene is concerned. Arlene is more concerned about her friends wellbeing and safety than her own. Hats off to Arlene. I would want Arlene to be my friend.

I hope no one thinks I was putting Arlene down, I am behind her 100% --was just saying that she could get in trouble with the police (even though she should not) but it is possible. I doubt they would ever do anything but I am sure they are just trying to protect their investigation

Pfffft....feelings hurt. Like you said, slowly but surely the truth is coming out. It always does. No matter what the truth always comes out. May take awhile but it will. And it looks like it's starting to. My heart aches for those kids.

bolded by me.

Yes, remember at the beginning everyone was so concerned about MP's so-called "reputation" . Now I just scoff when I hear that, with all the news that has come out, especially in today's news article! WHAT reputation? He must have had a terrible reputation at work,for one thing, because everyone knew about the affair (okay, sorry, alleged affair). And look what he did to Gail (the black eye) and that is just the tip of the iceberg, IMO.

I had a few people like Arlene that were my friends in TN when I was going through my ordeal down there and I wouldn't trade those friend for anything. They looked after me and my kids. Even LE in my little community kept an eye out for me once they found out what my soon to be exhusband had been pulling. They knew who the girlfriends were and if they caught sight of them being in my area all hell broke loose. I wouldn't be here today if it hadn't been for those folks.

bolded by me.

Yes, remember at the beginning everyone was so concerned about MP's so-called "reputation" . Now I just scoff when I hear that, with all the news that has come out, especially in today's news article! WHAT reputation? He must have had a terrible reputation at work,for one thing, because everyone knew about the affair (okay, sorry, alleged affair). And look what he did to Gail (the black eye) and that is just the tip of the iceberg, IMO.

No kidding, we knew there was trouble, but in all fairness alot of marriages have trouble but this whole thing stunk from the beginning. You know if my loved one was missing the last thing I would worry about is my reputation. Who cares what people think if your innocent of any wrong doing in any way.

Ugh, this is just not looking good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971