TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Referencing the article, unless another truck was burned recently, I'm almost positive that the guy coming back and finding his truck burnt was a few years ago. I remember all the chatter when that happened.

That woman may have her stories mixed up, old and new.

This is a more recent story connected to that area around the weekend of June 3rd:

Stolen Truck Involved in Fatal Wreck

James T. Meeks III, 18, faces charges of theft of a motor vehicle and burning personal property, according to District Attorney Mike Taylor of the 12th Judicial District.
(snip)
He said investigators believe Meeks took the truck from Sequatchie County and later burned the vehicle.

Scott Clayton, 20, Emily Clayton, 21, both of Sale Creek, and Annie Blevins, 24, of Chattanooga, were killed when they were thrown from a Jeep on Big Fork Road early Saturday.

The Jeep went off the road in a curve and rolled. The passengers were thrown out and trapped under the vehicle, the Tennessee Highway Patrol said. The Jeep’s driver, Eric Blevins, 37, of Chattanooga, was injured.

That woman may have her stories mixed up, old and new.

This is a more recent story connected to that area around the weekend of June 3rd:

Stolen Truck Involved in Fatal Wreck

James T. Meeks III, 18, faces charges of theft of a motor vehicle and burning personal property, according to District Attorney Mike Taylor of the 12th Judicial District.
(snip)
He said investigators believe Meeks took the truck from Sequatchie County and later burned the vehicle.

Scott Clayton, 20, Emily Clayton, 21, both of Sale Creek, and Annie Blevins, 24, of Chattanooga, were killed when they were thrown from a Jeep on Big Fork Road early Saturday.

The Jeep went off the road in a curve and rolled. The passengers were thrown out and trapped under the vehicle, the Tennessee Highway Patrol said. The Jeep’s driver, Eric Blevins, 37, of Chattanooga, was injured.

I heard about that. I asked my mom (she still lives in Dunlap) to see if she could find out more on what happened and I guess she forgot and I forgot to ask her about it.

Big Fork is dangerous. You have to know what you are doing when you are back there. And I wouldn't be caught back there after dark for anything. That's when the shady people come out of hiding and the majority of illicit activity takes place.

The missing dog incident had occured November 17, 2010 according to this article in the Times Free Press:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

Thanks for posting this, fireflylink. I had read this but missed the part about the vehicle being stuck on the side of the road, which I'm sure added fuel to the argument.

Also, if the dog was lost back in Nov. 2010, then her behavior when she was sighted on Apr.30 is too radical to have anything to do with the missing pet...I could see being in a hurry and panicked to find the animal (if that were what was happening) but not catatonic and strange, the way it sounds she was acting.

Thanks for posting this, fireflylink. I had read this but missed the part about the vehicle being stuck on the side of the road, which I'm sure added fuel to the argument.

This new sighting has me wondering where they were stuck and why they got stuck?

I was about to post that the trail sighting was an unconfirmed rumor, then saw this!!!

Chattanoogan: Witness Says She Saw Gail Palmgren On Remote Signal Trail At Time She Disappeared

Carol Coppinger said she was in a distinctive new red Jeep and had a female passenger, who looked away each time they passed them on the isolated Big Fork Road.

*snip*

She said they saw the red Jeep and the two women three times on the afternoon and evening of Saturday, April 30.

*snip*

Ms. Coppinger said she never saw the face of the female passenger. She said she appeared to be from 5'7"-5'9" and weigh 120-140 pounds.

*snip*

Ms. Coppinger said she gave a phone interview to a Signal Mountain officer. Then last Wednesday she took a Signal Mountain detective and two county detectives to Big Fork Road. She showed them the first two places they had seen the Jeep, then took them to Insurance Bluff and the spot at the bottom of the hill where she saw it last.

She said the detectives checked out the bottom of Insurance Bluff and found some dead dogs and old cars, but no sign of Gail Palmgren or the red Jeep Rubicon.

If this is a verified sighting does that mean they are 100% sure it was Gail?? I didn't see any mention of the license plate, which is one-of-a-kind, although that doesn't mean the woman didn't note it. But since it isn't mentioned,it makes me wonder if it was someone else's Jeep. How can a person guess someone's height and weight when they are sitting down in a car with only their shoulders, part of their chest and head visible? Guess I shouldn't keep questioning stuff; I am confident that LE has it all covered!

Not that it really matters, but Powell's Crossroads is actually in Marion County.

I have been on Big Fork and to Insurance Bluff. It is VERY isolated there. The majority of the road is gravel and dirt and I would really consider it more of a riding trail more than anything. You actually access the road from Sequatchie Co and not Hamilton Co.

I'm really curious how SMPD were able to investigate off the bluff. If you look off the edge, it's a straight drop and unless you are a mountain climber or rock climber you can't get down there. There are so many burnt and old cars off that bluff and I've never really seen anything like it. It would definitely be the perfect place to get rid of something or someone though.

Referencing the article, unless another truck was burned recently, I'm almost positive that the guy coming back and finding his truck burnt was a few years ago. I remember all the chatter when that happened.

Also a few years ago, a friend of ours was trying to show out and rolled his Land Cruiser. The tow truck even had a hard time getting back there to upright it and haul it out.

I found another forum where someone has posted pictures of Big Fork and it shows the terrain VERY well. Delete the link if it's not allowed...

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/picture-media-post/96546-big-fork-signal-mtn-tennessee.html

And here is a video of Big Fork that I found as well...

7-6-10 Big Fork Signal Mountain TN Video on Vimeo

That is some rough territory as shown on the video!

I agree wholeheartedly, JBean! :innocent:

Well, it's all close together there - I don't think it matters either. The woman in the article was from Marion but called the Sequatchie County Sheriff's office - then the Signal Mt. PD came to investigate. That's three different jurisdictions, and actually the State Forest people probably have the real oversight for most of that area.
As a State Forest, I wonder if the state/TBI wouldn't have ultimate oversight or jusrisdiction which might exceed normal a normal forestry officer's duties? Just thinking out loud.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_202911.asp

Sheriff Jim Hammond said major crimes detectives are working the case along with the Signal Mountain Police.

So...not just HCSO CI...but major crimes

All this is pretty huge to my inexperienced self with regard to missing persons. We've gone from SILENCE to the Major CRIMES Dept.

The article above stats Major Crimes Division. I am still looking for the link to my earlier statement.

I wonder if Arlene knows who the lady with dark hair might be that Gail was seen with? That's why I asked the question if Arlene knew who Gail's PI was a ways back in the tread. I wonder why Gail would be up in this area in the first place? Maybe someone called Gail and told her that they had evidence to show her about her husband and that's why she left so abuptly when she dropped the kids off and went to meet up with this person. I guess I've got 101 questions now. Please Lord let Gail be found and brought home!!!

I will have to retract my earlier post to say only "Major Crimes Division" due to the fact that I am unable to locate the link where it quoted a representative of LE saying Criminal Investigation. Semantics in my opinion! Still MAJOR in my book!

This new sighting has me wondering where they were stuck and why they got stuck?

ThoughtFox,were Gail and the dark-haired lady stuck somewhere?
Just wondering, 'cause where I was referring to being stuck was the Nov.17,2010 incident involving their lost dog--Gail had also gotten stuck by the side of the road somehow.

I didn't realize that Gail and the dark-haired lady were stuck somewhere in this new sighting. Maybe I missed it..

I havent travelled to Marion County via Suck Creek Road in decades but isn't there and entrance to Prentice Cooper from Suck Creek Road? IIRC.. I do recall seeing and entrance sign years ago...

ETA. I have thought from the beginning Prentice Cooper State Park could be a location that needed to be searched...

I wonder if Arlene knows who the lady with dark hair might be that Gail was seen with? That's why I asked the question if Arlene knew who Gail's PI was a ways back in the tread. I wonder why Gail would be up in this area in the first place? Maybe someone called Gail and told her that they had evidence to show her about her husband and that's why she left so abuptly when she dropped the kids off and went to meet up with this person. I guess I've got 101 questions now. Please Lord let Gail be found and brought home!!!

I think that if somebody called to say they had evidence, it would not have been a rush to get there, and I also think she would have told AD about it. Since AD has no idea why she left Alabama so abruptly, that blows many of my other theories about that, and it becomes hard to think of an innocent explanation.

My thinking now is that it would have had to be a threat of some kind. The descriptions of Gail's face by the witness at Big Fork and the description by Susie back at the subdivision is about the same. It leads me to think the "threat" entered the vehicle back at the house at St. Ives, right after she dropped off the kids.

I havent travelled to Marion County via Suck Creek Road in decades but isn't there and entrance to Prentice Cooper from Suck Creek Road?

Yes.... [Computer insists on at least five characters for a post. (Sigh) The complete answer is YES!]

I think that if somebody called to say they had evidence, it would not have been a rush to get there, and I also think she would have told AD about it. Since AD has no idea why she left Alabama so abruptly, that blows many of my other theories about that, and it becomes hard to think of an innocent explanation.

My thinking now is that it would have had to be a threat of some kind. The descriptions of Gail's face by the witness at Big Fork and the description by Susie back at the subdivision is about the same. It leads me to think the "threat" entered the vehicle back at the house at St. Ives, right after she dropped off the kids.

Wow, Pearl*, this is mind-blowing. Perhaps the "threat" was hiding in the car while she drove down her street and later got into the passenger side? omg. That would explain why she didn't acknowledge Susie Button...and looked wide-eyed, staring straight ahead.

Wow, Pearl*, this is mind-blowing. Perhaps the "threat" was hiding in the car while she drove down her street and later got into the passenger side? omg.

I'm having trouble seeing many other possibilities at this point. I see no way the "threat" could have been in the vehicle on the way back from Alabama. Having the kids in the car would have complicated matters greatly. I think somebody entered the vehicle after the children exited and before Gail left the house in St. Ives. Based on my own logic only--nothing to cite here.

If it hadn't been for her demeanor leaving St. Ives, matched with her demeanor at Big Fork, I could have believed the danger developed after she left home, but that no longer makes sense to me. Plus, the demeanor described by Susie sounds more like a freshly shocked expression, whereas the later presentation seems more like an attempt at a silent message. Just my impression from reading the articles.

Just curious if anyone knows how GP spent her time while the children were in school. She wasn't used to being a stay at home mom and may have had some outside interests.

As noted early on, her sister mentioned they had found out things they did not know about both MP & GP, but did not allude in any way to the type of findings.

Where I am going with this...

...knowing a few upper middle class moms on Signal, this sounds sort of silly, but did GP like to ride the trails in her jeep? Most moms in her peer group tend to drive nice SUVs and probably don't ever go trail riding, but GP did have a jeep as her primary vehicle (slightly unusual) and it appears she was seen on the trails, if the report is reliable. And to be out that far in the back woods...how did she know how to even get there? I suppose the jeep could have been for towing he boat, but AD said the boat had not moved in 3 years.

Even if she didn't normally trail ride , I am still curious what she did with her time after she lost her job, while the children were in school.

I see no way the "threat" could have been in the vehicle on the way back from Alabama. Having the kids in the car would have complicated matters greatly. I think somebody entered the vehicle after the children exited and before Gail left the house in St. Ives. Based on my own logic only--nothing to cite here.

This is what I've always thought happened. JMO

Just curious if anyone knows how GP spent her time while the children were in school. She wasn't used to being a stay at home mom and may have had some outside interests.

As noted early on, her sister mentioned they had found out things they did not know about both MP & GP, but did not allude in any way to the type of findings.

Where I am going with this...

...knowing a few upper middle class moms on Signal, this sounds sort of silly, but did GP like to ride the trails in her jeep? Most moms in her peer group tend to drive nice SUVs and probably don't ever go trail riding, but GP did have a jeep as her primary vehicle (slightly unusual) and it appears she was seen on the trails, if the report is reliable. And to be out that far in the back woods...how did she know how to even get there? I suppose the jeep could have been for towing he boat, but AD said the boat had not moved in 3 years.

Even if she didn't normally trail ride , I am still curious what she did with her time after she lost her job, while the children were in school.
My guess is that she did not go out there voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895