TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that blog yesterday I saw it on the FB page. I also saw a comment
that this person does not blog rumors or speculation she can back up her facts, not sure where she is getting her info from.

So far, I can't find anything to confirm her claim that "Gail allegedly reported to detectives from her cell phone on the road with the kids still in the car that she was scared and being followed."

Are we allowed to ask this blogger where she got her info, or is that against WS rules? It's cool if it's against the rules, I just wanted to know.

Hmmm, well I'm thinking the party following and the party in the vehicle with her weren't the same. I can't get past thinking her demeanor leaving St. Ives is somehow important.

If somebody were to have waited at the house for her to arrive, the person could have been dropped off within a large window of time without notice. And that would have left no vehicle to conceal at St. Ives.

Predicting that she would stop between Alabama and home would have been unlikely, it seems to me....

And the phone call with her sister.... As I recall, we don't know at what point that call occurred after leaving the house. Maybe she could have gotten enough composure to have a conversation that wouldn't give anything away, if she had to? I've never understood why she would have ended that call either. And as I recall, that phone conversation was the last contact?
I am not sure what you mean about predicting she would stop between Al and home.

I think she left the lake house because something scared her there. She wouldn't leave somewhere she was "safe" to go somewhere that she would be in danger. Doesn't make sense and she seemed to let people know she was upset and bothered that day.

Remember, she was noting the car(s) and license plate(s) because she thought she was being followed around Signal Mt area. So imagine her fear if she sees one of these vehicles in AL in the lake house area after she has had a huge blow up with her dh at the police station after she has been given the number to a safe house after he has come back from a "conference" with his gf!
That would be pretty disturbing.
I think she was scared all the way home and perhaps even knew she was being followed back or at least suspected it because she was probably followed TO the lake house as well.
I am wondering if she was heading to the police dept when she left the SM house and never made it.
Now why she would think it was ok to leave the kids alone? perhaps she knew they were not after the kids and she was doing the best she could to make sure they were not collateral damage and to not scare them all at the same time. While I can't quite wrap my head around that, we know she was scared, we know she felt like she was being followed, we know she communicated that to people and we know she left the kids. It is all I can come up with.

She knew everything that was going on with Matt. IMO, it was more than another woman. I don't think she was protecting her cash because of a divorce. I think she was protecting her cash because he was going through it at a fast rate.

JMHO of course.

I'm having trouble seeing many other possibilities at this point. I see no way the "threat" could have been in the vehicle on the way back from Alabama. Having the kids in the car would have complicated matters greatly. I think somebody entered the vehicle after the children exited and before Gail left the house in St. Ives. Based on my own logic only--nothing to cite here.

If it hadn't been for her demeanor leaving St. Ives, matched with her demeanor at Big Fork, I could have believed the danger developed after she left home, but that no longer makes sense to me. Plus, the demeanor described by Susie sounds more like a freshly shocked expression, whereas the later presentation seems more like an attempt at a silent message. Just my impression from reading the articles.

One more post and then I'll stop for a while! I have to agree with your assessment, but the call to her sister right around that time makes me think she didn't get into that threatening situation until after she spoke with her sister. It's possible that Gail got a call from someone to meet at a third location, and the threat situation where she ended up out on those trails occurred after she went to that third location.

And I can't help thinking about those kids -- if that comment that she was on the phone to LE while driving back to TN is true, then her kids had to know something was up. I can't imagine how scared they must be.

Sounds like Carol got a really good look inside the Jeep:

So she must have been pretty close to the Jeep's windows to see in like that.

I had a lot of trouble reading that article. Twice in my life I've been witness to someone who seemed to want to talk to people for help (one a child) and both times I called police just in case. But it also seems like weird things (possibly drug related, if I'm reading it right?) go on in that area all the time, so I can also see someone just chalking it up to some of the same old crazy stuff.

glorias, thank you for pointing that out...I'd forgotten.

I am not sure what you mean about predicting she would stop between Al and home.

I was referring to your comment about control possibly being taken from her if she stopped for gas or something. I realized a while after I posted, that would have been AFTER the trip home rather than before, but I didn't get the edit done fast enough. Sorry about that.

At any rate, I'm thinking the exact details had to have been planned out ahead of time and it would not have included a random stop made by her. If that's what you meant....

I think she left the lake house because something scared her there. She wouldn't leave somewhere she was "safe" to go somewhere that she would be in danger. Doesn't make sense and she seemed to let people know she was upset and bothered that day.

Remember, she was noting the car(s) and license plate(s) because she thought she was being followed around Signal Mt area. So imagine her fear if she sees one of these vehicles in AL in the lake house area after she has had a huge blow up with her dh at the police station after she has been given the number to a safe house after he has come back from a "conference" with his gf!
That would be pretty disturbing.
I think she was scared all the way home and perhaps even knew she was being followed back or at least suspected it because she was probably followed TO the lake house as well.
I am wondering if she was heading to the police dept when she left the SM house and never made it.
Now why she would think it was ok to leave the kids alone? perhaps she knew they were not after the kids and she was doing the best she could to make sure they were not collateral damage and to not scare them all at the same time. While I can't quite wrap my head around that, we know she was scared, we know she felt like she was being followed, we know she communicated that to people and we know she left the kids. It is all I can come up with.

She knew everything that was going on with Matt. IMO, it was more than another woman. I don't think she was protecting her cash because of a divorce. I think she was protecting her cash because he was going through it at a fast rate.

JMHO of course.

bolded by me.

Is it possible that her PI found out why Matt was going through money so fast while she was at the lake with the kids, she received the news while she was there and that's why she rushed back to TN, dropped the kids off, etc? And possibly someone was already lying in wait for her at the Rock Ridge house?

I was referring to your comment about control possibly being taken from her if she stopped for gas or something. I realized a while after I posted, that would have been AFTER the trip home rather than before, but I didn't get the edit done fast enough. Sorry about that.

At any rate, I'm thinking the exact details had to have been planned out ahead of time and it would not have included a random stop made by her. If that's what you meant....
gotcha.
What I mean is perhaps the opportunity presented itself for someone.

bolded by me.

Is it possible that her PI found out why Matt was going through money so fast while she was at the lake with the kids, she received the news while she was there and that's why she rushed back to TN, dropped the kids off, etc? And possibly someone was already lying in wait for her at the Rock Ridge house?

I think that whatever the reason was for her leaving Alabama so quickly, it has to account for her leaving Arlene out of the loop. That's why some sort of sudden threat is all I can come up with. I think her pattern was to let Arlene know what was going on.

I think that whatever the reason was for her leaving Alabama so quickly, it has to account for her leaving Arlene out of the loop. That's why some sort of sudden threat is all I can come up with. I think her pattern was to let Arlene know what was going on.

Do you think it was the suddenness of the threat that made her leave Arlene out of the loop? Or maybe the threat was against Arlene, too?

bolded by me.

Anything is possible at this point.

I guess what is just hitting me like a ton of bricks is that it was something at the beach house on 4/30 that disturbed her because she was scared.
IMO, she saw a car that she thought was following her around SM and in that moment she knew she truly was being followed and all doubt was gone. Think about it.
She got the heck out of dodge and made it known she was scared. But I don't recall her telling Arlene she was specifically scared on 4/29 when they planned to meet 4/30 KWIM? I need to look that up. So why was she so scared when she left the lake house? She thought she was driving to safety and she was wrong.

as for going through the money I can think of other reasons that
missing sums of money + being followed = disturbing

Anything is possible at this point.

I guess what is just hitting me like a ton of bricks is that it was something at the beach house on 4/30 that disturbed her because she was scared.
IMO, she saw a car that she thought was following her around SM and in that moment she knew she truly was being followed and all doubt was gone. Think about it.
She got the heck out of dodge and made it known she was scared. But I don't recall her telling Arlene she was specifically scared on 4/29 when they planned to meet 4/30 KWIM? I need to look that up. So why was she so scared when she left the lake house? She thought she was driving to safety and she was wrong.

as for going through the money I can think of other reasons that
missing sums of money + being followed = disturbing

bolded by me.

As for the bolded part: I can, too. :(

I don't recall her specifically telling Arlene she was scared when they planned on 4/29 to meet on 4/30. Wasn't that when she told Arlene "let's meet in a happy place" or something to that effect?

Do you think it was the suddenness of the threat that made her leave Arlene out of the loop? Or maybe the threat was against Arlene, too?

Like JBean said, anything is possible, but my gut feeling is that the threat didn't involve Arlene. Frankly, I'm not sure anybody was very aware of Arlene's significance until after Gail disappeared.

If Arlene is the keeper of lots of info, I wish she would make herself a little less conspicuous. Could help her and Gail both.

Like JBean said, anything is possible, but my gut feeling is that the threat didn't involve Arlene. Frankly, I'm not sure anybody was very aware of Arlene's significance until after Gail disappeared.

If Arlene is the keeper of lots of info, I wish she would make herself a little less conspicuous. Could help her and Gail both.

I think you are right. On all points.

This is what I've always thought happened. JMO

Me too. I had thought of it being Matt, but it could have been a female.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6555190&postcount=8"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4[/ame]

Is it possible that she was alerted to someone trying to log into her accounts with wrong pin, decides to go back to the house to remove all personal belongings because Matt had already informed her of his intentions to file for legal separation. The only reason I make comment on the bank account scenario is because I still can’t work out how he was notified she had change her pin numbers.
There must have been commutations between Matt and Gail re coming back to the house, now if it was due to some threat wouldn’t she have mentioned to him about this and would that not have sent up a red flag when she did disappeared. Even with a separation in the planning surely it would be a concern to him if she disappeared. Making plans re children makes for a very handy excuse for any communications between people just before one goes missing & as only one side is around to verify what was said. Just my opinion I must add.
On another note it is very possible for someone to spend 40k in a few weeks on a lover, we had a family friend who a few years ago managed to blow 75k in approximately 6 months on a women he was in love with. Poor man had been taking for a big ride and she had used him to purchase furniture, vehicles (car & motor bike), overseas trips, you name it he brought it for her & her children thinking they were to be married. Funny she become nasty when he said no to a few request to buy more then she moved on. He couldn’t recoup a cent because there was no paper trail that said any of it was loans etc. Sorry my comment is OT but just saying it can be done and when you see alleged girlfriend has just purchased a house and new car it could be spent on a mistress.
Just my opinion but I believe that money is at the bottom of this case. Note sure now if it is because someone was going to lose access to some major funds or if someone had gotten into something shady involving money.

Or there could have been more than one culprit in the jeep. Or at a 3rd location. And who do we think would have been in the pick-up truck that was sighted with the jeep the last time it was seen at Big Fork? Wouldn't an innocent party have come forward?

"She [Ms. Coppinger] said the last time they saw the vehicle it was stopped beside a pickup truck."
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203258.asp

Since they went to the bluff (if it really was GP) and the jeep and/or GP was not found at the base, could they have gone to throw something off? If so, what? Evidence? Wedding ring? Seems like there would have been a purpose to have gone to that spot.

I'm having thoughts that they were waiting for someone....or that neither one of them was Gail. Slight thought on last.

Has anyone found any pictures of TH? Does anyone know what she looks like?

Not a clue but I certainly hope LE knows ...Also hoping they have a picture of her (wig or no wig) so they can ask Carol Coppinger IF she recogizes her as being the person who could have been with Gail on the 30th......JMHO..

Or there could have been more than one culprit in the jeep. Or at a 3rd location. And who do we think would have been in the pick-up truck that was sighted with the jeep the last time it was seen at Big Fork? Wouldn't an innocent party have come forward?

"She [Ms. Coppinger] said the last time they saw the vehicle it was stopped beside a pickup truck."
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203258.asp
I concur that there is more than 1 person involved here.

You can't help but wonder if the jeep was the pick up vehicle for who ever may have been with Gail...if it was Gail of course.

Just a question being new here, but do we consider this sighting to be an offical sighting or is it just hear say? I do get confused regarding what is rumour and what is fact.

The gut has not been having a good feeling all the way through this case :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members