TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about something. We have been kind of focused on the fact that Gail was compelled to get back to the house. But maybe it wasn't that she had to get to the house as much as she had to get away from the lake house.
She was upset and left abruptly and felt as though she was being followed. So maybe the threat was perceived at the lake house and it caused her to want to get her kids out of there.
Perhaps this person followed her from the lake house and once she dropped off the kids they took control of her vehicle. She could have stopped for gas and they could have taken her there or anywhere. If they took control of her vehicle at the house, I do not think they revealed them self to her until she was on the road. We know she talked to her sister after she dropped off the kids. If someone was in the car it would have had to been "professional" ie parked somewhere remote,sneak into the house, lie in wait without being detected etc etc.

We have a dh going through cash. More cash than on a mistress. Was he involved in some shady dealings and Gail was going to reveal it?If he was we have another element of a 3rd party being affected if Gail was going to reveal something.IOW another person or person(s) that saw gail as a liability.

Remember that phone never left the mountain. I do not think she would have given up her phone voluntarily because it was her lifeline.Whoever took control of Gail did it somewhere between the house and the base of the mountain.

This lady was scared to death and apparently with good reason.

BBM

Possible..and I'm not coming down on GP, but she may have been involved also...we don't know at this point...but she agreed to the 40K output..right? Something is not right with the financials.

Anyone else think it's odd that they have a house next to Arlene for three years....setting empty? Quite an investment to just be setting there, maintenance, taxes, and no income coming in from it? No renters....no vacationers or a weekly basis? And then we have the house in KY that the status of is unknown?? At one time....or now....that house was occupied by a IT person at Humana.

You can't help but wonder if the jeep was the pick up vehicle for who ever may have been with Gail...if it was Gail of course.

Just a question being new here, but do we consider this sighting to be an offical sighting or is it just hear say? I do get confused regarding what is rumour and what is fact.

The gut has not been having a good feeling all the way through this case :-(

It's late and my thinking cap isn't working very well tonight so I'm not quite understanding what you mean by Gail's jeep being the pick up vehicle.. Will you please elaborate further? TYIA..

BBM

Possible..and I'm not coming down on GP, but she may have been involved also...we don't know at this point...but she agree to 40K output. Something is not right with the financials.

Anyone else think it's odd that they have a house next to Arlene for three years....setting empty? Quite an investment to just be setting there, maintenance, taxes, and no income coming in from it? No renters....no vacationers or a weekly basis? And then we have the house in KY that the status of is unknown?? At one time....or now....that house was occupied by a IT person at Humana.

That is a lot of property to have just sitting there with no renters and not being used. Who could afford that?

So far, I can't find anything to confirm her claim that "Gail allegedly reported to detectives from her cell phone on the road with the kids still in the car that she was scared and being followed."

Are we allowed to ask this blogger where she got her info, or is that against WS rules? It's cool if it's against the rules, I just wanted to know.

Since she stated alleged, I'm thinking she talked to either family, Arlene, Susie or someone close to the case. I don't think SM would put it out there if she didn't think she had a good source. imo.

It's late and my thinking cap isn't working very well tonight so I'm not quite understanding what you mean by Gail's jeep being the pick up vehicle.. Will you please elaborate further? TYIA..

Sorry Emeralgem, I was refering to the other vehicle last seen by Ms Coppinger with what she thought was Gails jeep. It was the pickup truck that I was wondering if it could have been there to collect who ever was with Gail. We don't use the term pick-up truck here in Oz and I couldn't think of the right term to call it and was trying to work from memory from the below story.
Again sorry for the confusion

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203258.asp

That is a lot of property to have just sitting there with no renters and not being used. Who could afford that?

One article said that Gail thought Matt's parents were going to live there:

The A frame had stood vacant for years, but Gail told [Arlene] she "had always liked it." She didn't need it for herself. She and Matt and the two children had a more substantial lake retreat on the other side of the lake at Wetumpka. But she thought Matt's parents from Chattanooga might want to move into the A frame. They never did, and that A frame that brought the two fast friends together still sits empty.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

Is Matt's father still alive? I have seen mention of his mother but nothing re the dad, so if something has happened to dad it may have changed the plans. Just thinking out aloud again

snipped...

Is it possible that she was alerted to someone trying to log into her accounts with wrong pin, decides to go back to the house to remove all personal belongings because Matt had already informed her of his intentions to file for legal separation. The only reason I make comment on the bank account scenario is because I still can’t work out how he was notified she had change her pin numbers.

There must have been commutations between Matt and Gail re coming back to the house, now if it was due to some threat wouldn’t she have mentioned to him about this and would that not have sent up a red flag when she did disappeared. Even with a separation in the planning surely it would be a concern to him if she disappeared.

Absolutely, even though they were divorcing, he should have been concerned. Matt's story that she was mentally ill and paranoid is seriously hinky, IMHO. He knew she thought she was being followed and was scared, but when she disappeared, he just thought she ran off. It never once occurred to him that maybe she was right about being followed after all. Even if he did believe she was so paranoid she was imagining all these fears, he has a Ph.D. in pharmacology and would surely have wondered if she had a mental break and needed professional intervention. Just ignoring her and not calling LE until her sister asked him to doesn't make one stitch of sense, in my opinion.

About their communication, Matt says he knew Gail was coming back around noon (link here) but he also said he didn't know how long Gail had been gone (link here) which is a pretty big inconsistency IMHO.

Also, his comments about changing PINs were made at the same time as his comments about her change of address form, and it sounded like he got the PIN change in the mail, too. (Link here.) I know one of my credit cards sends a snail mail to tell me when PINs or passwords are changed, so it's possible.

Opps sorry above post is re the situation of the A framed house, I thought I had used quote in the reply.

snipped...

Absolutely, even though they were divorcing, he should have been concerned. Matt's story that she was mentally ill and paranoid is seriously hinky, IMHO. He knew she thought she was being followed and was scared, but when she disappeared, he just thought she ran off. It never once occurred to him that maybe she was right about being followed after all. Even if he did believe she was so paranoid she was imagining all these fears, he has a Ph.D. in pharmacology and would surely have wondered if she had a mental break and needed professional intervention. Just ignoring her and not calling LE until her sister asked him to doesn't make one stitch of sense, in my opinion.

About their communication, Matt says he knew Gail was coming back around noon (link here) but he also said he didn't know how long Gail had been gone (link here) which is a pretty big inconsistency IMHO.

Also, his comments about changing PINs were made at the same time as his comments about her change of address form, and it sounded like he got the PIN change in the mail, too. (Link here.) I know one of my credit cards sends a snail mail to tell me when PINs or passwords are changed, so it's possible.

Thank you for clearing up re change of pins for me, I have only had snail mail with new pins if you have lost a card and need it replaced, other wise the changes I have made just happen and there is no snail mail. But I am in Oz so things can be different

I read somewhere it was said that Gail called someone three times and asked them to come and get her because she was scared. Was that Susan Button? Doesn't Gail's husband have a PhD in Pharmacy? Wonder if he was involved in some sort of drug ring for prescription meds? Also I wonder if Ace Hardware has security cameras. Did Carol see the vehicle leaving the trails also?

Some can, but it's not very resourceful....unless it was used in other ways. ??

Some can, but it's not very resourceful....unless it was used in other ways. ??

As I asked before do we know if Matts father is still around, that could be a reason that nothing has happened with the house. If the plan was for them to move there and things have changed. Then trouble started between Matt and Gail they may not have got around to sorting it out to be rented. It did sound like it was a little run down after being empty for a few years.

from the news story.
The A frame had stood vacant for years, but Gail told her she "had always liked it."

Yes? Matts dad is alive. He is in a nursing home at the bottom of the mountain.

Yes. Matte dad is alive. He's in a nursing home, his mom in an apartment nearby?

As I asked before do we know if Matts father is still around, that could be a reason that nothing has happened with the house. If the plan was for them to move there and things have changed. Then trouble started between Matt and Gail they may not have got around to sorting it out to be rented. It did sound like it was a little run down after being empty for a few years.

from the news story.
The A frame had stood vacant for years, but Gail told her she "had always liked it."

I don't know WHY I'm thinking this but for some reason I am under the impression they may be divorced or separated....Again, I don't know IF that is true or not but for some reason I'm thinking it is...JMHO

ETA.. Just ignore since the question has been answered by someone who knows..

Hmmm so Matt has mom in a one place(which was nothing but rumour that he was helping provide for), dad in a nursing home with poor health(here in Oz that can be expensive for good care), a wife who is not happy about him having a mistress allegedly (was going to say something here but figured it was to sarcastic to say poor diddums) , a mistress who might want more than a few stolen hours. All this to deal with on one wage now days and a divorce that could see him loose more … and from Arlene’s comments in the attached story state he was struggling with handling money on that one wage and needed to use money from Gail’s retirement fund. We have seen reported visits from LE for domestic disputes, Gail stressed because of fears she is being followed. Does anyone else here see red flags, warning bells ringing and little voices in their heads screaming danger danger danger!!!!!!…..All just my opinion of course
I am sorry if I have broken any WS rules with the this post but I am at a loss as to why some people don’t seem to have been questioned far more than it seems they have been.
Smile I am going to crawl back into my Aussie corner and stop posting because I can see I suck at this sleuthing stuff and I just want to scream..keep up the good work everyone.
http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member