TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, that's funny fbx. Did you hit Beale St and any of the local juke joints too to forget the time? :floorlaugh: If it was 2/3 day conference, I'll let you slide for skipping the last two hours. I'm sure missing your flight was penalty enough. Actually, I'm sure many do.....:innocent:. But, your right, his not attending ANY of the sessions (especially if turns out that mom is right and the media is wrong) does show a huge insight into his mind....and then GP had the mental issues. ????:furious:

I'm getting the picture of quite a manipulator and user, imo. Did GP afford him the luxury of continuing his education while she was working? That's why I ask where he worked prior to 2002. Gail was working from 1996....their marriage. ?? I have a name for the kind of women these men like: Mammawife. It's not a degregation on GP or any other woman, but the expectations of the hubby.

3 long days....and 3 flight changes to get home (that's when we imbibed a little!)

Gail was enjoying being at home, and was under pressure to return to work. Is that what you mean by mammawife?

I am wondering if the family has indicated anywhere that she was suffering from depression etc ?? and whether or not it has been confirmed that she has 'disappeared' before?
*bolded / emphasis added
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids

Gail Palmgren has been missing since April 30, from Signal Mountain, Tennessee, and her husband is seeking temporary custody of their two children and the exclusive use of the home they shared together.

A Chancery Court judge will rule on the paperwork that Matthew Palmgren, 40, filed in court on May 6, on Friday regarding a legal separation. Matthew, who is the director of pharmacy programs for BlueCross BlueShield, stated in court documents that his wife was unstable and was suffering from severe mental illness after she lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. He also stated that she was writing down license plate numbers to identify drivers that she thought were following her. He also stated that ID numbers for three bank accounts containing about $420,000 had been changed by his wife and she had put in a change of address.

According to Signal Mountain Police Dept. reports, Matthew reported her missing on May 2, ONLY after his family urged him to do so.

Back on April 22 and April 29, police came to their home on Ridge-rock Drive to respond to a call of arguing. During the second response on April 29, the police gave Gail the phone number of a safe house. She left with the kids to stay at the Lake House in Alabama.

According to Matthew, on April 30th, Gail left their kids home alone and disappeared. Matthew told the local news outlets that she removed $30,000 worth of valuable possessions from their home before her disappearance.

Gail is 5'8" tall, 135 pounds, blonde hair and brown eyes.

Her vehicle is a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Dark Red and Black Soft Top. Alabama Personalized Reg: EAZY ST

If you have any information you can contact the Signal Mountain Police Dept at 423-886-2124.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Gail Palmgren: Missing, husband files for custody of kids - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...sband-files-for-custody-of-kids#ixzz1Ol0shxRL

We know Gail was in Alabama by 6:15 pm on Friday...so the altercation was over by 3pm and likely started earlier.

I'm having trouble with the 3 day conference in Minesota...Leave on 26th, buy car on 27th, drive back in 1 day and a bit...???

Hypothesis:

Unless he never actually went to Minnesota and flew instead to Pennsylvania, changing his tix for a fee beforehand. If the conference was in Minnesota, but he actually flew to Pennsylvannia then BCBS may have seen a red flag right there, and it also explains the Media confusion over Pennsylvannia (they assumed the conference was in the town he flew to).
Arriving home early on the 29th could have been the trigger for the altercation, and maybe Gail's PI had already determined that he was not at the conference?

I'm wondering:
How on earth would BCBS know Matt went and bought a car with TH instead of being where he aught to be?? How would they know he wasn't holed up in an hotel room throwing up? Why didn't he set up some kind of cover for not being there? But maybe he did, and anticipated the "flight change" would remain under the BCBS radar?

How anyone discovered that he went with TH to buy a car with her in another state and drive it back amazes me, and I feel we need to eat any words directed at the ineptness of the police depts working this case??!

Then there's this...drive it back to TN or MS?? The house in Batesville must surely be very newly aquired?

:maddening::banghead:

It takes about 12 hrs to drive from Erie to Signal Mountain, so depending where in Pennsylvannia, this timeline makes more sense than Minnesota.

BBM:

It takes about 5 hours to drive from the Philly area to Chattanooga. I don't think he turned in a exp rpt....or had the receipts to. When LE went to BCBS they uncovered that info.

As far as the car, maybe they back tracked. Saw that TH had a new vehicle...ran a check and discovered the new purchase or just saw the registration info on the window...however they would have handled it. ?? They call the dealership or seller and discover Matt accompanied her during the purchase.

IMO

I'm betting there was no expense report submitted for the conference if he ended up in PA rather than MN. Another gottcha.....for BCBS and LE.

How do expense rpts work these days with regard to e-tix? The original reciept may be what they need or large companies may book tix for you. Paying the change fee out of pocket may seem transparent with regard to an expense report, if a reciept for the original tix was given. If the company arranged the travel, the change might bounce back to them though...

Hotel bills are something else...

Not submitting a report is just as bad...

There is as much reason involved in skipping the conference as in leaving the hotel bills around...but Gail may have searched out the hotel bills because we don't know the details around how she came to find them.

3 long days....and 3 flight changes to get home (that's when we imbibed a little!)

Gail was enjoying being at home, and was under pressure to return to work. Is that what you mean by mammawife?

You will remember Memphis!!

A mammawife, is a wife who is expected to take care of her man, put him first--always, be queen to his kingdom, and NOT ask questions of him....what he does, where he goes, or who he's boinking. Someone mentioned that Matt is younger awhiile back and I ask if the person was implying that Matt had a mama complex. They said "no".... (later banned) I've seen this in so many cases where the wife disappears. They support the man to the hilt...to the end...and many times were the ones who helped them financially/business wise to put them where they were. Seems from what we have seen, her support was waning and we now see his true "intelligence" come thru. JMO

BBM:

It takes about 5 hours to drive from the Philly area to Chattanooga. I don't think he turned in a exp rpt....or had the receipts to. When LE went to BCBS they uncovered that info.

As far as the car, maybe they back tracked. Saw that TH had a new vehicle...ran a check and discovered the new purchase or just saw the registration info on the window...however they would have handled it. ?? They call the dealership or seller and discover Matt accompanied her during the purchase.

IMO

Yes, something along those lines I'm sure...very cool...and it's so very satisfying to see that the police have been working during their silence...thought they must have been, but silence is unsettling and worrisome!

How do expense rpts work these days with regard to e-tix? The original reciept may be what they need or large companies may book tix for you. Paying the change fee out of pocket may seem transparent with regard to an expense report, if a reciept for the original tix was given. If the company arranged the travel, the change might bounce back to them though...

Hotel bills are something else...

Not submitting a report is just as bad...

There is as much reason involved in skipping the conference as in leaving the hotel bills around...but Gail may have searched out the hotel bills because we don't know the details around how she came to find them.

Really not sure fbx about e-tix and expense reports....it's been a loooooong time since I edited and approved them. But would think he could slip under the radar with a change fee.....but not the rest of the trip. Hotel bills, dining receipts, cab or rental car paper work, entertainment, etc would be needed.

ETA: Unless he had to turn in the original ticket at the airport?

I am wondering if the family has indicated anywhere that she was suffering from depression etc ?? and whether or not it has been confirmed that she has 'disappeared' before?
*bolded / emphasis added
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids

Gail Palmgren has been missing since April 30, from Signal Mountain, Tennessee, and her husband is seeking temporary custody of their two children and the exclusive use of the home they shared together.

A Chancery Court judge will rule on the paperwork that Matthew Palmgren, 40, filed in court on May 6, on Friday regarding a legal separation. Matthew, who is the director of pharmacy programs for BlueCross BlueShield, stated in court documents that his wife was unstable and was suffering from severe mental illness after she lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. He also stated that she was writing down license plate numbers to identify drivers that she thought were following her. He also stated that ID numbers for three bank accounts containing about $420,000 had been changed by his wife and she had put in a change of address.

According to Signal Mountain Police Dept. reports, Matthew reported her missing on May 2, ONLY after his family urged him to do so.

Back on April 22 and April 29, police came to their home on Ridge-rock Drive to respond to a call of arguing. During the second response on April 29, the police gave Gail the phone number of a safe house. She left with the kids to stay at the Lake House in Alabama.

According to Matthew, on April 30th, Gail left their kids home alone and disappeared. Matthew told the local news outlets that she removed $30,000 worth of valuable possessions from their home before her disappearance.

Gail is 5'8" tall, 135 pounds, blonde hair and brown eyes.

Her vehicle is a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Dark Red and Black Soft Top. Alabama Personalized Reg: EAZY ST

If you have any information you can contact the Signal Mountain Police Dept at 423-886-2124.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Gail Palmgren: Missing, husband files for custody of kids - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...sband-files-for-custody-of-kids#ixzz1Ol0shxRL

The family say she is in good health.
Leaving before, meant taking off to the lake house and keeping in phone contact with the kids. Not disappearing.
There are Quotes somewhere frome Diane and SB about this, but I don't know how to reference them!

Matt is 4 yrs younger than gail...1971/1967

BBM:

IMO

Do you mean 5 hours to Batesville?? Because to drive from Chattanooga to Philly is about a 12 hour drive.

My bad on the time of the drive. I was thinking approx 500 miles. ( Philly to Blowing Rock, NC ) That drive is approx 8 hours. Here's map from Hershey, PA (right outside of Philly) to Chattanooga. Sorry about that! (redfaced)

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hershey,+PA&daddr=Chattanooga,+TN&hl=en&geocode=FeS2ZgId-Whu-ynzr7LMXrvIiTFWXqbIMP9ndA%3BFf7AFgIdEEfq-imF54OKQGBgiDGqKIeJHyZxJA&mra=ls&sll=37.370157,-81.430664&sspn=8.029931,14.018555&ie=UTF8&ll=38.013476,-79.123535&spn=7.960791,14.018555&t=h&z=6"]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hershey,+PA&daddr=Chattanooga,+TN&hl=en&geocode=FeS2ZgId-Whu-ynzr7LMXrvIiTFWXqbIMP9ndA%3BFf7AFgIdEEfq-imF54OKQGBgiDGqKIeJHyZxJA&mra=ls&sll=37.370157,-81.430664&sspn=8.029931,14.018555&ie=UTF8&ll=38.013476,-79.123535&spn=7.960791,14.018555&t=h&z=6[/ame]

<snip>Signal Mountain Woman's Marriage Was Crumbling Before She Vanished
She Carried Out Her Own Investigation Of Husband's Affair<snip>

WOW...a must read...for all http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

I was just about to post this. All I can say is WOW. Reading that broke my heart for Gail and the kids. And Arlene, she is a complete godsend. I have a few choice words for the other two. I'll refrain from that though...

Wow is right! Unbelievable.

What does it require for Signal Mountain LE to get a clue? Possibly family members or neighbors (or God Bless her, Arlene) need to stand outside the SM Police Station as a group with signs reading FIND GAIL to get the attention of somebody -- police, Media, etc.

Horrible that the residence and anything in it hasn't been searched -- is that possible? What are they waiting for -- an invitation? If so, consider yourself invited and please hurry.

Where are the children?

Oh Lord, that new article makes me almost shake with anger. :maddening:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

"Arlene recalls there was a big layoff at Novartis, but Gail was not on the cut list. But she was among a large group of employees who were hit by the second wave last November. She said Gail was not so concerned because she received a generous severance package and she "was thinking she had been on the road for so long that it was time she stayed home and be a mother to the children."

Aha! So this is probably some of the money - hard earned money - that was in the bank accounts with the changed pin numbers. MP was more interested in that money than in searching for his wife. :banghead:

Arlene said Gail told her that Matt became pressed for cash and he asked her to withdraw $20,000 from her retirement account. She said Gail told her that money was gone in three weeks and Matt asked for another $20,000, which she assented to.

She said Gail told her she went to their bank to review the records and was startled to find "that Matt was getting $400 every couple of days from an ATM."

Yep, this explains so much!

The next week Matt had told Gail he was headed to Minneapolis for an insurance conference.

Good to know - Minneapolis confirmed.

Arlene said she took her pile of information to the Signal Mountain Police and they did not seem very interested. She said a county detective finally came to Titus to interview her.

She said she asked the detective why no search has been made of the Palmgren home, and he told her they did not have cause to get a search warrant there.

OMG - this makes me crazy. The affair, the money, the missing wife without her driver's license when she's been so careful about everything, and then the missing Jeep - and that's not enough for a search warrant?

Let me tell you something people :twocents: it is not that difficult to get a search warrant in Hamilton County. When LE wants to do a search, no one can stop them from searching, whether it's at a party with teenagers or somebody's car. You can't tell me there isn't just cause in this case - that is bizarre to me.

One more thing: I think Arlene is a great friend and she rocks! :great:

But if I were her, I would be careful about listening to anyone who posts a sighting of Gail on Facebook. Somebody might be sending her off on wild goose chases. :twocents: Sending her off to Florida might just be a good way to get her out of Wetumpka for a few days. I hope she has good security at her house, too. :(

snipped...

I wonder if those woods have been searched. Not necessarily for a big red Jeep but for smaller items.

Edit to add: Specifically I meant the $30K of valuables MP claims GP took with her. (Link.)

Maybe they should search his GF's place?

snipped and BBM...

We know Gail was in Alabama by 6:15 pm on Friday...so the altercation was over by 3pm and likely started earlier.

(snipped)

Arriving home early on the 29th could have been the trigger for the altercation, and maybe Gail's PI had already determined that he was not at the conference?

Thanks for the info on Gail being at the lake house by 6:15. I either never knew or forgot it.

Did Gail have a private investigator? ETA: I see she did per the Chattanoogan article from today.

Wish we knew the make, model, year and color. Did she drive to PA and trade? Was this a second car............etc.....??

Surely MP had a round trip ticket and didn't utilize it. Wonder how much the expense report uncovered?

Good point. JMOO but if she was involved in anything related to Gail then maybe she traded the old car due to evidence?

I hope LE searches for the car if it exists.

Wow, okay, so the conference in MN is confirmed per the news and mominboots. When the news says MP and TH met in another location, I wonder if they mean Pennsylvania? That would be a weird coincidence for them to be in in Pennsylvania when that 2011 Pennsylvania Insurance Fraud Conference that almino mentioned a couple of days ago, was being held. The dates for it were April 25 and 26. But neither MP nor TH sound like they have jobs that would require attendance to an insurance fraud conference.

I suspect the journalist just got confused because there's overlap in the dates of the conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay