TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before people start putting Arlene down, ask yourselves if you would want her as your friend if you were in this same situation? I know I would! In my opinion, Arlene has been a true friend to Gail and she has stepped out of her comfort zone to stand up to protect her friend. Nowadays people don't want to be bothered with other peoples' problems and they only think of themselves, but not so where Arlene is concerned. Arlene is more concerned about her friends wellbeing and safety than her own. Hats off to Arlene. I would want Arlene to be my friend.
Sometimes it is best to keep information on the down low so as not to hamper the investigation. I think that is the concern of most, not that Arlene is not an awesome friend
Sometimes it is best if the person under investigation doesn't know what you have. KWIM?

Arlene is honorable no doubt in my mind, but it is usually best to leave to LE. Not always, but speaking generally, it is most often better to follow LE instruction.

I think we can all agree that if Matt is the target, we don't want the investigation to be compromised in any way.

I think I would be more inclined to think that people might be "interfering" with an investigation if LE had searched GP and MP's main residence. When they say no indication of a crime, even when there is clearly motive present (compare to the other missing mom recently about to divorce and they searched property RIGHT away and vehicles) , then it's harder for me to think there have any substantial investigation or leads going on. If they did, why not search the residence? unless they have located her alive and it doesn't sound like they have. I know "no evidence of a crime" etc., but I still think you can't find evidence until you look for it in the right places, and soon after. Domestic disturbance calls aren't enough?

So it makes me want to say what investigation? I know they searched the water and I was very happy about that, and AL police have done some work, but haven't seen that they really care to look into this as a possible crime so I don't blame people for getting frustrated, and speaking out. it is a little shocking to read so much information in MSM but when there is a vacuum and LE has created one, someone is going to try to fill it. If they don't care to investigate it as a crime when there ARE indications one might have been committed then I think they just don't want people making them look bad. It doesn't sound like LE were ever really interested in what Arlene had to say, and if that is the impression she has gotten, she is probably thinking what investigation? as well and I don't blame her.

It's like they are waiting for information to come to them, but I think LE is responsible for going out to find the information, personally.

<snipped for space> He must have had a terrible reputation at work,for one thing, because everyone knew about the affair (okay, sorry, alleged affair). And look what he did to Gail (the black eye) and that is just the tip of the iceberg, IMO.

THIS may be a reason they were not involved on the mountain, since the 'locals' are getting the brunt of not helping, and why a few knew who they were except possible business associates. MANY executives from BCBS live on Signal Mountain, and I bet to go to a party and run into Matt would be somewhat, uhh, uncomfortable to say the least. OR with Gail out of town working a lot it seems, may even bring someone else, who knows what he has told people? IMHO!

Pfffft....feelings hurt. Like you said, slowly but surely the truth is coming out. It always does. No matter what the truth always comes out. May take awhile but it will. And it looks like it's starting to. My heart aches for those kids.

BBM..Mine too..

Need a big favor....

If someone with property search capabilities would please find out if the house in KY has been sold...or did they still own it.

This realty page says status is: Unknown ??? Thank you.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1083563943-8005-Shadowcreek-Rd-Crestwood-KY-40014

Tax Records don't go forward - this shows Oct 2008 paid taxes by Palmgren's.
http://www.oldhamcountysheriff.com/index.php/view/Tax-Item?recordId=140011

This doesn't show much (house for sale?)
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8005-Shadowcreek-Rd-Crestwood-KY-40014/105916138_zpid/

This link came up with nothing
http://qpublic5.qpublic.net/xsub_oldham_search.php?county=ky_oldham

snipped

My goodness, I think you're right: She had to rush back for something important and dropped the kids off before going where she needed to. That would explain the distraction and not acknowledging Susie, as well as the phone call Diane described as "bizarre". Matt said he wasn't at the house yet, so it's possible she could have met him at a separate location. It would explain why she left the kids at the house, since we already know she didn't like to talk about their problems in front of the kids.

But what could he have said to bring her back so fast? She already knew Matt was having an affair and had said he was going to divorce her. She already knew he was using lots of her severance package money. I can't even begin to imagine what he could have said that would have made her rush back, because she pretty much knew everything already.

Maybe he said he wanted a divorce and full custody of the children. That would make my fighting hairs stand up!

Arlene is honorable no doubt in my mind, but it is usually best to leave to LE. Not always, but speaking generally, it is most often better to follow LE instruction.

I think we can all agree that if Matt is the target, we don't want the investigation to be compromised in any way.

BBM - Agreed! I am hoping for the sake of justice she gave enough just to spike interest (even though it seemed like a lot)! JMHO

I wonder what MP was using all the cash for. Not only 40K from her 401K or what ever account it was (or was it 20K) plus it was stated (I think in the chattanoogan article) that he was withdrawing $400 a couple times a week. That $400 was most likely used for the GF (if there was one) IMO, but I wonder what the other was used for that she did not know about (or maybe she did).

If I take money form my 401K, my husband has to sign and the same if he takes money from his, but we both know ahead of time what that money is to be used for. No way would I ever agree to getting that much money out of any account and not know what it was being used for, but that is just me. We don't spend money without the other knowing what it is for. I just find it strange that she did not question it, or if she did maybe we don't know, but why would she get the funds if she suspected he was having an affair? A lot of things just don't make sense and I wonder why MP is not helping in the search for his wife, the mother of his children. If for no other reason, do something for those kids to help them get thru this.

Maybe he said he wanted a divorce and full custody of the children. That would make my fighting hairs stand up!

Did you notice that he referred to them as "MY children" ? (as in: "she dropped off my children and left in the Jeep" ). This seems weird to me--shouldn't he say "our children" ?

Home to Gail was Williamsville, NY, she graduated HS in 1985, wondering if she might? have headed back to NY but not in her Jeep. Just a thought.

Believe me, up here in Buffalo all of us MS/HS friends have been vigilant in looking for her. She is nowhere to be found. There are still so many of us here, we were hoping she would feel safe and come home, but nothing yet. Keeping the faith . . .

Btw, Gail's hair was blonde growing up, but I know it's turned darker over the years. I'm sure she just colors it to keep that gorgeous color she had when she was younger! It always looked so good on her, IMO!!!

THIS may be a reason they were not involved on the mountain, since the 'locals' are getting the brunt of not helping, and why a few knew who they were except possible business associates. MANY executives from BCBS live on Signal Mountain, and I bet to go to a party and run into Matt would be somewhat, uhh, uncomfortable to say the least. OR with Gail out of town working a lot it seems, may even bring someone else, who knows what he has told people? IMHO!

My brother-n-law has been employed at BCBS for many years and holds an executive postion. He and my sister-n-law also live on Signal Mtn.. He does not know MP personally and both my sister-n-law and him can't recall ever meeting MP or Gail at any social functions..However IIRC.. BCBS has almost 4,000 employees here in Chattanooga..Thats quite a few people so I'm not surprised an employee may not know who everyone is or know them personally...JMHO

Did you notice that he referred to them as "MY children" ? (as in: "she dropped off my children and left in the Jeep" ). This seems weird to me--shouldn't he say "our children" ?

I saw that stand out, too! I wonder if they ever had the talk about the divorce with the children?

It appears if she was traveling a lot it seemed until June, 2010, they would have spent a majority of their time with their Dad, in school (after school daycare, or his mother)?

I would hate to think MP gave the kids an ultimatum on who they wanted to live with. Did he manipulate them? Did the kids say something to have an effect on GP, so she dropped them off, upset, and just had to get away?

Unfortunately, I know many manipulative Dad’s that use their children for their own benefit. (Not meaning there are not a lot of great single Dad’s too.) JMHO

AD was at worst a typical so-called "nosy neighbor", but I very much disagree that she has been "mouthy." Remember, Gail apparently had no problem with AD's behavior because she gave her important paperwork to hold on to, so there's no reason for any of us to judge AD as having stepped over any lines of behavior as far as Gail was concerned.

It's equivocal whether AD has said too much now, but she wants to find her friend and she feels LE isn't doing much about it. AD has kept Gail's name in the press, which I know some people have been extremely upset about, so I assume that's where the complaints are coming from

But if we are to find Gail, this is the only way. Keeping quiet and pretending like nothing happened is harmful to the quest to find Gail, and if there are perpetrators of crimes, hiding the crime only helps them.

I cannot personally fault AD for what she has done, because if it was my friend or relative, I would be shouting from mountaintops if I had to.

BINGO and AMEN !!!:twocents::banghead:

Before people start putting Arlene down, ask yourselves if you would want her as your friend if you were in this same situation? I know I would! In my opinion, Arlene has been a true friend to Gail and she has stepped out of her comfort zone to stand up to protect her friend. Nowadays people don't want to be bothered with other peoples' problems and they only think of themselves, but not so where Arlene is concerned. Arlene is more concerned about her friends wellbeing and safety than her own. Hats off to Arlene. I would want Arlene to be my friend.

As a friend of Gail's for 30 years, I am so grateful to Arlene for everything she is doing. Her heart is definitely in the right place. Given my professional and personal life right now, I cannot take time to help in the search--except to keep spreading the word here in Buffalo by passing out flyers and posting on Facebook. I'm also talking to as many friends in LE here asking for them to keep their eyes open as well.

Again, thank you Arlene for everything! We will bring Gail Marie home to her children and family.

My brother-n-law has been employed at BCBS for many years and holds an executive postion. He and my sister-n-law also live on Signal Mtn.. He does not know MP personally and both my sister-n-law and him can't recall ever meeting MP or Gail at any social functions..However IIRC.. BCBS has almost 4,000 employees here in Chattanooga..Thats quite a few people so I'm not surprised an employee may not know who everyone is or know them personally...JMHO

Exactly, and I imagine why MP wouldn't want anyone to know him personally and why your relatives do not. Thanks!

No kidding, we knew there was trouble, but in all fairness alot of marriages have trouble but this whole thing stunk from the beginning. You know if my loved one was missing the last thing I would worry about is my reputation. Who cares what people think if your innocent of any wrong doing in any way.

Ugh, this is just not looking good at all.

I agree this isn't looking good. And I don't know what to think about the poor woman found in OK, because you just can't really get any good news out of her being found whether she is Gail or not. She's someone's loved one who has gone missing, and it's terrible either way.

I also agree that this stunk from the start. The story Matt put out was really suspicious. If he thought Gail was paranoid and mentally unstable, then one would think he would be even more worried about her when she disappeared, because she could have run off while under mental duress. And once he found the security DVR gone, that she didn't have her credit cards and driver's license, etc., you'd think that would freak almost anyone out. Sure, he was planning divorce, but she's still the mother of his kids. His own mother took Gail in after the November 17th incident so I assume she liked Gail. For their sake, why didn't he care?

I saw that stand out, too! I wonder if they ever had the talk about the divorce with the children?

It appears if she was traveling a lot it seemed until June, 2010, they would have spent a majority of their time with their Dad, in school (after school daycare, or his mother)?

I would hate to think MP gave the kids an ultimatum on who they wanted to live with. Did he manipulate them? Did the kids say something to have an effect on GP, so she dropped them off, upset, and just had to get away?

Unfortunately, I know many manipulative Dad’s that use their children for their own benefit. (Not meaning there are not a lot of great single Dad’s too.) JMHO

If the children were spending most of their time with MP, because of Gail's traveling work schedule, maybe they would have grown more attached to and protective of him? So he could manipulate them easier...you know, a little comment here and there about mommy not being home? or whatever.

But on the other hand--I'm sure they saw and heard him abusing Gail, too. It must be really confusing for them. They really are victims in this, too--innocent victims. I feel so bad for them.

I was able to get a transcript for the news story that was on tonight (link here in case anyone missed it.) There is a story that accompanies the video at that link, but I thought I'd transcribe this video too. The audio on that video was really distorted for me, so if there are corrections, let me know:

ANCHORPERSON DAVID CARROLL: New developments now in the case of a missing Signal Mountain mother of two. Gail Palmgren's friend in Alabama has been told to stop searching or else.

ANCHORPERSON CINDY SEXTON: Signal Mountain officials say Arlene Durham is intruding with their investigation, but Durham sees it differently. Gail Palmgren was last seen April 30th leaving her Signal Mountain home after dropping off her two children.

CAPTION: FRIEND WARNED TO STOP SEARCH

CS: There have been no leads in the case, even after days and miles of searching in the past four weeks. Her husband Matthew was fired from his job at Blue Cross Blue Shield earlier this week for an unrelated reason. In tonight's top story, Eyewitness News reporter Antwan Harris speaks with Durham about why officials told her to back off.

CAPTION: MISSING WOMAN SEARCH

REPORTER ANTWAN HARRIS: Cindy, Arlene Durham says she wants to make sure everything is being done to find her friend Gail, and at this point, Durham isn't convinced that's happening, so she says she drove across three states to find Gail just to be told to stop.

As the search continues for Gail Palmgren with her family, Gail's neighbor and friend Arlene Durham alleges Signal Mountain police told her not to interfere with their case. She says a day after Palmgren went missing, she drove to Mississippi and Florida, asking questions on the disappearance. Soon after, she received a text message.

ARLENE DURHAM (via phone interview): I'm interfering? In what? A missing person? That you keep telling me it was a missing person when I'm trying to find my friend? I thought that was pretty low of them.

ANTWAN: Durham says Gail gathered information on her husband Matthew and planned to use it as evidence in what would have been a divorce. Durham says Palmgren hired a private investigator, found hotel receipts, even put a tracking device on Matthew's car.

ARLENE: You knew that what she needed, she had it ready. That's why I don't understand why she went back.

ANTWAN: Durham says she talked to Palmgren the day before Gail went missing.

She says Palmgren appeared upset and bothered. Durham says Gail wasn't very talkative that day and avoided much of their conversation.

ARLENE: She got tired of everything that was going on. She got tired of the drinking. She got tired of the lies. She got tired and then she found out about the affair and the money gone. You know, enough's enough.

ANTWAN: Durham says she will keep searching for Palmgren until she is found, even if that means taking matters into her own hands.

ARLENE: I'm going to go where I think Gail might have went, because nobody seems to really care. I care. And he says "Well, we really don't want to press charges, but if you keep doing it, we will."

ANTWAN: We called the officer in question about the text message but we have not received a reply, and police ask that if you see Gail or have any information on her disappearance, to please give them a call, or if you see Palmgren's red Rubicon Jeep.

There were also screenshots of the police report from the 29th, I'll try to get them up in a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro