TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped by me:
<The fact that Gail drove away into basically a disaster area not once to go to Alabama, but twice including Saturday, is one of the most disturbing things about this case, and has bothered me from the beginning. Oh, and I should mention that Sequatchie County on the back foot of the mountain had three twisters on April 27th, too>

That is equally disturbing to me as well. Do you know where most of the debris from the storms was disposed of?

We have a landfill, but mostly I've just seen were heaps of tree limbs, and much of that has been hauled away by the tree cutters.

As I've mentioned before, in the places torn up by the tornado there would be nowhere to hide a bright red jeep. A body, perhaps, but they'd be crazy to leave someone out where all the families and police were looking for bodies and animals.

So to me that's really not a great place to look. If she's anywhere, I would look in those mines, caves, or ravines on Signal Mt. Or the river, although they didn't find her or the Jeep off Suck Creek Road when they searched it.

We have a landfill, but mostly I've just seen were heaps of tree limbs, and much of that has been hauled away by the tree cutters.

As I've mentioned before, in the places torn up by the tornado there would be nowhere to hide a bright red jeep. A body, perhaps, but they'd be crazy to leave someone out where all the families and police were looking for bodies and animals.

So to me that's really not a great place to look. If she's anywhere, I would look in those mines, caves, or ravines on Signal Mt. Or the river, although they didn't find her or the Jeep off Suck Creek Road when they searched it.

The big limbs that fell in my driveway were cut up and put into a mulcher..The tree I lost in my back yard was cut up and hauled to the edge of my front yard for the city to pick up... I had a crane in my driveway for two days while the tree cutters were trying to get a tree off of my neighbors roof...Talk about scary...
Also, I was in the Brainerd area on the side of the Ridge the other day and there are many trees that haven't been cut up yet and debris everywhere that hasn't been picked up...JMHO

So obviously then you did not know when the next cells were coming through, unless you had cell service and could call someone with power. Did landline telephones go out as well? What about cell service?

Couldn't someone have listened to local reports on a battery operated radio? I live in tornado country and keep one at all times. I would assume people living in a country where snow storms and blizzards are usual would have the same.

I do not believe this is the way it happened. On fb is a specific post where somebody took credit for giving Carol's phone number to the media, and from there it went.

Based on that, I would be very reluctant to come forward if I were a witness.

The post was on June 12 at 4:11 pm., and if there is a way to link a single post, I don't know how to do it.

Interesting. I see he does say he gave the press C's number, and they were calling him for her phone number for days. I would hope C gave permission for that, but who knows. Since the articles in other papers that showed up after the first one about C's sighting all repeat the same info, it's possible C decided she wasn't going to talk to the press anymore.

It does make you wonder where that group are getting their info on sightings and such. Between FB and the Susan Murphy Milano blog (which is referenced on FB a lot) there are several facts that no one can confirm, mainly the Ace Hardware sighting and Milano's comment that Gail was on the phone to LE as she came back to Signal Mountain on the 30th. Where do they get this? Do citizens give them tips and they repeat them? Surely LE isn't giving out this info.

Couldn't someone have listened to local reports on a battery operated radio? I live in tornado country and keep one at all times. I would assume people living in a country where snow storms and blizzards are usual would have the same.

That's what I did - I dug out an old battery radio and we listened to it for five days. I had to keep swapping phones with my husband so he could take them to work and charge them up because we don't have a car charger. And we cooked on a charcoal grill.

I was just happy to have a roof without a tree on it, since my neighbors were dealing with that. :( It's hard to describe exactly what we were going through. Post-traumatic stress disorder and survival mode.

:twocents:I'm not sure about WS policy/Rules...if this needs to be edited or deleted...just let me know. Gonna post ....a VERY good informational Interview LINK....on the Gail Palmgren Story ...SMM Radio Talk Show
Show #1 May 19th and Show #2 is from todays Show ... June 16th. SMM Bio is remarkable. She is a published author and an expert in her field. :twocents:
See Susan's Bio Below ...
I really think everyone should to listen to these shows ... IMHO ... They will help us all understand what Arlene took on when she was asked to and accepted the role of Gail's confidant/trusted friend and why she has become a "Voice" for Gail, because Gail currently has no voice. Someone has to speak for Gail. I know many ppl think Arlene should "just zip it" but she is tired of MP speaking ill and spreading out and out lies about her friend. Gail trusted Arlene with documents and physical proof she was planning on using herself to obtain and divorce from MP, but never got the chance to plead her case in a court of law. Therefore, Arlene is forced to plead Gail's case in the "court of public opinion", since MP has decided to misinform/mislead and distort the public's perception of Gail. Arlene feels she has no choice but to defend her friend with the truth!

I hope the moderators are fair(as they usually are on WS) and allow this information to be shared with all, a it was heard on the radio this afternoon. Susan Murphy Milano is a professional....she is not a rumor spreading internet blogger without proper professional/expert credentials. Please allow her to be heard on this matter, and draw your own conclusions about both SMM and AD.
Thank you,
Sleuthy1 :websleuther:

SUSAN MURPHY MILANO ~ Violent Relationship Strategist, Author

http://www.susanmurphymilano.com/p/bio.html

http://www.susanmurphymilano.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Susan-Murphy-Milano/91078843897?sk=info

www.zeusradio.com

TWO Shows about Gail Nowacki Palmgren's Disappearance ~ May 19th and June 16th 2011

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/757

MAY 19,2011

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/804

JUNE 16,2011 (HOUR 1)

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/805

JUNE 16, 2011 (HOUR 2) `
ARLENE'S INTERVIEW BEGINS AT THE 31 MINUTE MARK

Yes, I think she has spoken in the past at the Battered Mothers Custody Conference, I'm almost positive. She knows her stuff.

:twocents:I'm not sure about WS policy/Rules...if this needs to be edited or deleted...just let me know. Gonna post ....a VERY good informational Interview LINK....on the Gail Palmgren Story ...SMM Radio Talk Show
Show #1 May 19th and Show #2 is from todays Show ... June 16th. SMM Bio is remarkable. She is a published author and an expert in her field. :twocents:
See Susan's Bio Below ...
I really think everyone should to listen to these shows ... IMHO ... They will help us all understand what Arlene took on when she was asked to and accepted the role of Gail's confidant/trusted friend and why she has become a "Voice" for Gail, because Gail currently has no voice. Someone has to speak for Gail. I know many ppl think Arlene should "just zip it" but she is tired of MP speaking ill and spreading out and out lies about her friend. Gail trusted Arlene with documents and physical proof she was planning on using herself to obtain and divorce from MP, but never got the chance to plead her case in a court of law. Therefore, Arlene is forced to plead Gail's case in the "court of public opinion", since MP has decided to misinform/mislead and distort the public's perception of Gail. Arlene feels she has no choice but to defend her friend with the truth!

I hope the moderators are fair(as they usually are on WS) and allow this information to be shared with all, a it was heard on the radio this afternoon. Susan Murphy Milano is a professional....she is not a rumor spreading internet blogger without proper professional/expert credentials. Please allow her to be heard on this matter, and draw your own conclusions about both SMM and AD.
Thank you,
Sleuthy1 :websleuther:

SUSAN MURPHY MILANO ~ Violent Relationship Strategist, Author

http://www.susanmurphymilano.com/p/bio.html

http://www.susanmurphymilano.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Susan-Murphy-Milano/91078843897?sk=info

www.zeusradio.com

TWO Shows about Gail Nowacki Palmgren's Disappearance ~ May 19th and June 16th 2011

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/757

MAY 19,2011

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/804

JUNE 16,2011 (HOUR 1)

JUNE 16, 2011 (HOUR 2) `
ARLENE'S INTERVIEW BEGINS AT THE 31 MINUTE MARK

SusanM is a member here and she is certainly a friend to the forum and well respected. She knows TRicia and I think they have done a project or 2 together. She did some posting in our intimate partner homcide investigation forum. You can certainly link to her.
The only issue I have with some of the information that she is releasing, (that I have read previously) is that I feel strongly that some of it is not accurate. Of course,I 100% support keeping Gail's name out there.
JMHO of course.

I have one question Sleuthy, maybe you can answer it. has AD actually turned her information over to LE? I mean the physical documents and what not? I have been wondering that for a while now.

snipped...

I know many ppl think Arlene should "just zip it" but she is tired of MP speaking ill and spreading out and out lies about her friend. Gail trusted Arlene with documents and physical proof she was planning on using herself to obtain and divorce from MP, but never got the chance to plead her case in a court of law. Therefore, Arlene is forced to plead Gail's case in the "court of public opinion", since MP has decided to misinform/mislead and distort the public's perception of Gail.

I am not trying to attack anyone here, but I do have a question: What has MP said recently? I can't think of anything he has said for a month or more. He clammed up pretty early in May after the first spate of news, we heard from him at the press conference where he didn't trash anyone, and he clammed up again.

JMHO, but I don't see a lot of evidence pointing to Matt or anyone else using PR, lawyers, press releases, or anything of the sort to make Gail look bad in the "court of public opinion". The few slams on Gail I saw were either by the usual cranks who flame everything on news websites, or by a person or two who was obviously trying to say Matt was the victim. That died down weeks ago, though.

I listened to the interview, and I think it was well-done.

The single most important detail though, in my opinion, is the repeated statement that documents and other items entrusted to Arlene are no longer in her possession and in fact no longer in Alabama.

I very much hope the emphasis that Ms. Milano put on that fact will help keep Arlene safe.

I listened to the interview, and I think it was well-done.

The single most important detail though, in my opinion, is the repeated statement that documents and other items entrusted to Arlene are no longer in her possession and in fact no longer in Alabama.

I very much hope the emphasis that Ms. Milano put on that fact will help keep Arlene safe.
Are the items in the hands of LE? (I have not listened to the interview so maybe the answers are in there)

snipped...

I am not trying to attack anyone here, but I do have a question: What has MP said recently? I can't think of anything he has said for a month or more. He clammed up pretty early in May after the first spate of news, we heard from him at the press conference where he didn't trash anyone, and he clammed up again.

JMHO, but I don't see a lot of evidence pointing to Matt or anyone else using PR, lawyers, press releases, or anything of the sort to make Gail look bad in the "court of public opinion". The few slams on Gail I saw were either by the usual cranks who flame everything on news websites, or by a person or two who was obviously trying to say Matt was the victim. That died down weeks ago, though.
I concur. Matt has been very silent,imo.

Interesting. I see he does say he gave the press C's number, and they were calling him for her phone number for days. I would hope C gave permission for that, but who knows. Since the articles in other papers that showed up after the first one about C's sighting all repeat the same info, it's possible C decided she wasn't going to talk to the press anymore.

It does make you wonder where that group are getting their info on sightings and such. Between FB and the Susan Murphy Milano blog (which is referenced on FB a lot) there are several facts that no one can confirm, mainly the Ace Hardware sighting and Milano's comment that Gail was on the phone to LE as she came back to Signal Mountain on the 30th. Where do they get this? Do citizens give them tips and they repeat them? Surely LE isn't giving out this info.

This is how rumors get started, and rumors don't hold up in court. Do they have Gail's cell phone records? :waitasec: I don't think so. That may be coming from Arlene, but how does she know if she didn't speak to Gail again that day? I'm puzzled.

The Ace Hardware thing is just a rumor, as far as I'm concerned, unless LE has a receipt.

As far as the sighting on the trails: Someone on FB posted the sighting as a fact one day out of the blue, although it hadn't been in the media yet. So of course people started asking about it. I think that was calculated to get the attention of the press.

And the implication was that the police weren't looking around on that side of the mountain, when actually and factually they had met C. in the area and searched all around, by her own admission. Plus there was a trail search by volunteers before that. Plus the same person from FB said they had reported a bad odor which police discovered to be a dead dog.

I'd like to know what else they think LE could do out there about a car that was apparently driven away, according to the witness.

Are the items in the hands of LE? (I have not listened to the interview so maybe the answers are in there)

The interview did not specify, except to say they are in a safe place out of Alabama.

This is how rumors get started, and rumors don't hold up in court. Do they have Gail's cell phone records? :waitasec: I don't think so. That may be coming from Arlene, but how does she know if she didn't speak to Gail again that day? I'm puzzled.

The Ace Hardware thing is just a rumor, as far as I'm concerned, unless LE has a receipt.

As far as the sighting on the trails: Someone on FB posted the sighting as a fact one day out of the blue, although it hadn't been in the media yet. So of course people started asking about it. I think that was calculated to get the attention of the press.

And the implication was that the police weren't looking around on that side of the mountain, when actually and factually they had met C. in the area and searched all around, by her own admission. Plus there was a trail search by volunteers before that. Plus the same person from FB said they had reported a bad odor which police discovered to be a dead dog.

I'd like to know what else they think LE could do out there about a car that was apparently driven away, according to the witness.
I think early on, family members and friends were sharing information freely in an effort to find Gail. Once people really came to realize that she hadn't taken off and this was indeed an ominous turn of events, they also realize that their information was critical to the investigation. At that time they knew to stop sharing information publicly.
That is where some of the info comes from and I think there is probably truth in some of it.

I have a concern I hope is okay to post here, regarding the obvious and necessary intent for the websites to draw wide attention to the case, from media and other sources too. Naturally the complete websites are in public view (with the exception of a few private forums on WS, I believe).

I have cringed a few times to see the pictures of some precious children on the FB page, including Gail's. I worry about perps seeing any of the children in such a public forum. Am I crazy?

I am so specifically careful about this on my own personal facebook page. NOBODY sees my children on there except my personal friends and family. I just wonder if anybody has thought of this in the midst of so much chaos.

I have one question Sleuthy, maybe you can answer it. has AD actually turned her information over to LE? I mean the physical documents and what not? I have been wondering that for a while now.
I am not privy to that information currently, but if SMM says Arlene is no longer in possession of the items...then they are with someone other than Arlene and are secure. I will check with Arlene and get back to you if I can.:websleuther:

snipped...

For Starters:<snip>On May 6, Matthew Palmgren filed documents in Hamilton County Chancery Court, requesting a legal separation from his wife, asking for exclusive use of their home and temporary custody of the children. A chancellor is scheduled to rule on the motions.In documents, he said his wife suffered from depression and was prescribed several medications.<snip>http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/
<snip>Matt Palmgren said in a telephone interview Friday that his wife has disappeared before.
&#8220;We&#8217;re very upset,&#8221; Matt Palmgren said. &#8220;She&#8217;s had psychiatric issues in the past. ... Usually she just goes somewhere and decompresses but stays in contact with the kids.&#8221;
Durham, one of Gail Palmgren&#8217;s relatives and the police detective heading the investigation, strongly dismissed questions about Gail Palmgren&#8217;s mental state.
&#8220;If she has psychiatric issues, then I&#8217;m the queen of England,&#8221; Durham said. &#8220;Ask anyone: Gail is smart and has a good head on her shoulders.&#8221;
Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio said his investigation had uncovered no psychiatric issues with the missing woman.<snip>
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local
<snip>Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family&#8217;s dogs early April 30 from the family&#8217;s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon.
&#8220;You can imagine what a difficult time it is for me and the kids right now,&#8221; he said.<snip>http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local"]http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local[/URL]

He knew exactly how long she had been gone with the children and where they went...Gail left for the Lake House shortly after the 911 scenario with local SMPD ended with the police Friday night April 29th 2011 and headed for the Lake in Alabama ... he knew she was on her way back to SM that morning because he made arrangements to meet her at their marital home at 40 Ridge Rock to drop off the kids. So ... IMVHO...He knew where she was and how long....so this statement...is another "misleading statement" at the very least. shall I continue? :banghead: IMHO ....You can't "unring" that bell once it has been sounded...earlier or recently said ....damage has been done to her good name ...

You can't "unring" that bell once it has been sounded...earlier or recently said ....damage has been done to her good name ...

For what it's worth, I don't think her good name has been damaged at all. I think many of the lies are fairly transparent, and the damage has been to his own name.

I don't know Gail, but I see her as an awesome mom and overall awesome person, based on what I've learned of her in the past 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking