TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still so many unanswered questions with this case. I know we have Arlene as Gail's advocate but I am also finding it odd that no one else is coming forward in the media with pleas for help. Other friends, family members. That is not sitting right with me. I am not saying everyone should be all over the media giving out information or anything like that but just surprised that we have not heard more from her family.

I wish there was something I could do from up here in Buffalo, but I have complete faith in AD, Gail's brother and sister, and LE. AD is doing what I cannot at this point in time. And I just don't have anything to add for the media and it's driving me crazy. I want her found!!! I don't want this to become a cold case. Her children, family, and friends need closure--whatever that may be.

Also, her friends in TN might know much more than I do anyway because of their proximity to the situation. I just know what has been observed by many of her friends up here over the last few years when GP and MP have visited Buffalo.

It makes me feel good that LE is issuing this statement. They say they are actively looking for Gail so I believe them. The fact that they are not asking for anyone who was near insurance bluff that day makes me wonder how likely they consider this area to be related to Gail's disappearance. I really hope they get that one clue they need to break this case open....

I think they are wondering again why this person did not call the only police department that had been mentioned in the media at that time, and instead called a neighboring county - and not even her own county. It's just strange. I'm kind of baffled, and that along with the fact that there is no logical reason for Gail to be on those dirt backroads makes me wonder if this is a red herring and it wasn't her at all.

I'm absolutely sure the police are putting together a timeline of where MP was every minute of the day. They may be looking at phone records, receipts, alibis, etc. Just because he may have an alibi doesn't mean it is rock-solid. So I would take some of these rumors on FB with a grain of salt.

I think that to talk to everyone and do everything possible to draw attention to the case was completely appropriate at the beginning, but not now.

I think of that old Kenny Rogers song...gotta know when to hold 'em...know when to fold 'em...know when to walk away...and know when to run.... "The Gambler." I love that song.

Right now I think each of those pieces of advice would well apply to different players in the case. JMO--per Kenny Rogers!

Yes, always good advice! :D

I especially don't like the idea of "calling out" the entire community as if they are all responsible somehow. I believe it is possible that the red jeep got off the mountain without anyone seeing or noticing anything. Before this happened, if I had seen a red jeep somewhere, I wouldn't have glanced twice at it. Blonde woman driving? Why would anybody notice that? Man driving a red jeep? Why would anyone notice that? If it was driven away at night, no one would even see the color.

The way to persuade witnesses to come forward is not to cajole, shame, or plant ideas in their minds based on information that might or might not be true. People have to come forward of their own free will, and they need to go to the police only and keep it confidential. So I'm really glad the Sheriff's Department issued that statement. Then people can't say they didn't get the message.

Those who know more about Jeeps than I do: Could Gail's Jeep have managed the really wet terrain on those trails on the 30th? When I looked up Rubicons online, I saw there were specific kits to make them better for offroad driving. These kits lifted the vehicle up higher, boost suspension, etc. Can a Rubicon be used offroad even without those modifications, or would the trails not be considered strictly "offroad"?

I wish there was something I could do from up here in Buffalo, but I have complete faith in AD, Gail's brother and sister, and LE. AD is doing what I cannot at this point in time. And I just don't have anything to add for the media and it's driving me crazy. I want her found!!! I don't want this to become a cold case. Her children, family, and friends need closure--whatever that may be.

Also, her friends in TN might know much more than I do anyway because of their proximity to the situation. I just know what has been observed by many of her friends up here over the last few years when GP and MP have visited Buffalo.

Mac-
I am sure you are doing everything you can from where you sit. It's hard being in another state, your support and even joining this site is helping. I am sure the family is as well. I cannot imagine what you and her family are going through. It's terrible. I am with you, hoping it does not become a cold case either.

I am finding that in my opinion there are more people involved in this situation and I am just hoping one person decides to speak up or come forward. OR one of them screws up and we will be able to find out more information.

OT Oriah you are truely an Angel. You work so hard for so many. The thanks button just ain't enough for me. Thank you on behalf of vics everywhere. Been wanting to say this for awhile.

Thank you redfish, what a kind thing to say! :blowkiss:
We all work together so well here, to try and help bring the missing home. We all have so, so many different skills and talents, so much positive and thoughtful analysis- the joint effort is something I am proud and humbled to be a part of. I don't know what many of you do for work, but clearly there are many very intelligent and caring people at WS's.

Let us all keep on that same path together, and together we might help find Gail. She is out there somewhere and I can only imagine the pain her family and friends are enduring.

Where are you Gail?

Oriah is an angel, dont let her try and pursuade you all differently. ;)

I have somewhat of a random question for anyone local to the area. Prior to the storms and tornados that hit the area, were there severe weather warnings made public on tv? The pattern of the storm system was obvious, and I think most people were aware of the direction it was heading (east from the midwest) but I am wondering if tickers were running on tv stations with severe weather warnings. TIA for anyone local who can recall this.

Oriah is an angel, dont let her try and pursuade you all differently. ;)

Don't make me hurt you believe09. :)
And stay on topic!!

Now I had another thought regarding the possible sightings which of course may or may not be accurate. Should we map the routes that would have been taken between the two?

Also (and if I've missed this somewhere along the way I apologize) but I'm certain LE has run the registration on the jeep along with matching it to Gail's license. Does anyone know if any infractions prior to her disappearance popped up on that check?

Also, was MP known to drive the jeep with any regularity? Do they have another vehicle at the lake house?

Well, the fight they had on April 22 at a stop sign was about MP wanting to drive the Jeep by himself up to the lake house instead of going with the rest of the family in the other vehicle. He definitely did drive it, but I get the impression that it was basically Gail's car.

I don't recall the lake house even having a garage, now that I think about it. I don't believe a car was kept there.

I have somewhat of a random question for anyone local to the area. Prior to the storms and tornados that hit the area, were there severe weather warnings made public on tv? The pattern of the storm system was obvious, and I think most people were aware of the direction it was heading (east from the midwest) but I am wondering if tickers were running on tv stations with severe weather warnings. TIA for anyone local who can recall this.

Actually, Signal Mountain got hit worse by tornadoes at the beginning of March than it did during the "big ones" at the end of April. There weren't any casualties so it didn't make the news, but the damage it caused in neighborhoods in the "Town of Signal Mtn." limits was much more severe than the April ones, at least from my observation. The ones in April were a problem because of power outages, but the ones in March caused some serious damage to a lot of properties.

So... there were serious weather warnings on tickers and such in both instances, and by April, people were much more ready to deal with what was coming.

Well, the fight they had on April 22 at a stop sign was about MP wanting to drive the Jeep by himself up to the lake house instead of going with the rest of the family in the other vehicle. He definitely did drive it, but I get the impression that it was basically Gail's car.

I don't recall the lake house even having a garage, now that I think about it. I don't believe a car was kept there.

Thank you glorias, that's the impression I have as well. Just wondered if they are the type of family who shares vehicles depending on what is needed, or if each had their 'own' car.

The jeep was a 2010. Does anyone know what she drove prior to the jeep?

Oh my goodness yes! I've never seen anything like it. Gotta give the meteorologists TONS of credit on this. They predicted severe weather at least 3 days in advance, and as it approached and progressed through the day, the local TV coverage was continuous for about 18 hours. I think Paul Barys (lead meteorologist for WRCB channel 3) talked solo for most of that time, and I really don't know how he did it. Schools began an early dismissal procedure after it was obvious the weather was imminent, and that is almost unheard of locally for weather other than snowstorms.

I might add (Is that what ETA means? I've been trying to make sense of that one for 6 threads now...) that the schools really tried to avoid early dismissal because of so many days missed earlier in the year for snow. This is the first year since the 1993 blizzard to miss so many days, and nobody wanted to have to make them up. In the end, the State of Tennessee forgave those days, due to the extent of the disaster. I've never seen a case locally where that happened either.

I understand from earlier posts that the situation did not cause BCBS to close and that MP was out of town anyway, but I continue to wonder if the sudden changes in daily routine are somehow significant in this case. At the very least, it is quite a coincidence.

Mac-
I am sure you are doing everything you can from where you sit. It's hard being in another state, your support and even joining this site is helping. I am sure the family is as well. I cannot imagine what you and her family are going through. It's terrible. I am with you, hoping it does not become a cold case either.

I am finding that in my opinion there are more people involved in this situation and I am just hoping one person decides to speak up or come forward. OR one of them screws up and we will be able to find out more information.

IMHO, I think LE is quietly working all the leads and information they have while waiting patiently for someone to screw up. And, the more we keep this case in the public eye, the more pressure it puts on the people involved in her disappearance.

Gail Marie, where are you???

Actually, Signal Mountain got hit worse by tornadoes at the beginning of March than it did during the "big ones" at the end of April. There weren't any casualties so it didn't make the news, but the damage it caused in neighborhoods in the "Town of Signal Mtn." limits was much more severe than the April ones, at least from my observation. The ones in April were a problem because of power outages, but the ones in March caused some serious damage to a lot of properties.

So... there were serious weather warnings on tickers and such in both instances, and by April, people were much more ready to deal with what was coming.

This is true, but my observation was that the TV coverage was much more extensive on April 27 due to the unprecedented threat and damage over such a widespread area. Signal Mountain was extremely blessed, staying in a narrow strip of safety zone throughout the day, and I was absolutely stunned to watch on TV radar, band after band pass right around us. Meanwhile, we had our home "safety area" prepared for an immediate dash. It was an incredible day and tense to the max!

Thank you perico. I have a home in a very hurricane prone area, and everyone who lives there is aware of that. Insurance requires it when you buy a home, and many renters are required to have rental insurance due to the high probability of damage or loss of belongings during hurricane season.
Yet every year when hurricane season begins (and obviously there is much more warning than with tornados) there is a mad rush at hardware, home improvement, and grocery stores when it appears we may be hit by a hurricane. People don't seem to prepare ahead, despite having experienced it year after year.

I was wondering how the effect of the March storms impacted the community when the April ones were announced.
I know this seems somewhat of a random thought, but I am trying to get a feel of preparedness at the time Gail went missing, and how that might relate to the quick turnaround from the lakehouse.

I was wondering how the effect of the March storms impacted the community when the April ones were announced. I know this seems somewhat of a random thought, but I am trying to get a feel of preparedness at the time Gail went missing, and how that might relate to the quick turnaround from the lakehouse.

People who had never before been overly concerned, hunkered down for this one. The earlier storms were a huge wake-up call for many, myself included.

Oh my goodness yes! I've never seen anything like it. Gotta give the meteorologists TONS of credit on this. They predicted severe weather at least 3 days in advance, and as it approached and progressed through the day, the local TV coverage was continuous for about 18 hours. I think Paul Barys (lead meteorologist for WRCB channel 3) talked solo for most of that time, and I really don't know how he did it. Schools began an early dismissal procedure after it was obvious the weather was imminent, and that is almost unheard of locally for weather other than snowstorms.

I might add (Is that what ETA means? I've been trying to make sense of that one for 6 threads now...) that the schools really tried to avoid early dismissal because of so many days missed earlier in the year for snow. This is the first year since the 1993 blizzard to miss so many days, and nobody wanted to have to make them up. In the end, the State of Tennessee forgave those days, due to the extent of the disaster. I've never seen a case locally where that happened either.

I understand from earlier posts that the situation did not cause BCBS to close and that MP was out of town anyway, but I continue to wonder if the sudden changes in daily routine are somehow significant in this case. At the very least, it is quite a coincidence.

BBM: I wonder about that as well, Pearl. It is quite a coincidence.

ETA (and O/T) but I hope you did not sustain any damage, Pearl.

The other site is asking people to tell THEM about any sightings they may have had of Gail. I really think they should be telling people to go to LE instead.

Amen to that! I continue to be perplexed by the mindset of those who are actively soliciting tips directed to themselves. I wonder if they have some LE background that somehow makes that response instinctive?

The idiom of "catching a tiger by the tail" comes to mind. Are they equipped to handle whatever they get? I sure hope amateur efforts will not lead to yet another missing person case. Like so many others have said, we have no idea of the extent of the danger involved in this case. It may or may not be "just" a domestic situation, although I'm now confident that is a huge part.

ETA (and O/T) but I hope you did not sustain any damage, Pearl.

Ok. OT is Off Topic. I get that one.

What does ETA stand for? It's driving me nuts, and google has failed me. Estimated Time of Arrival doesn't work!

As for damage, I would say I feel like I won the lottery, but my belief is that luck had nothing to do with it and that it was "a God thing." I was completely spared in each instance. But why "them" and not me? Someday I'll be asking that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895