TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleuthy, when did this occur?

:twocents:On or about June 15th/16th...was in the moring around 9am or so (Alabama time ! Central Time Zone ~ 1 hour behind EST). I believe AD returned home late on the 16th or early in the morning on the 17th of June(rough approximation at this time). I just went back to her FB page and she posted pix of her new dairy goats (reason for her trip) on her facebook page the evening of Friday June 17th, to share with her friends. So if I recall correctly, she posted those pix right away after returning home to Alabama ...so that would mean the tires were slashed when she was OOT with her son ...most likely occurred Wednesday morning between 9 & 10 am when the neighbor returned from her own appointment to see that CAR gone and truck tires slashed.:twocents:

snipped...

What was he doing with the $400 cash atm withdrawal every couple of days?

Agree with your timeline. Wanted to snip this part because we know some of that cash went to hotels with TH. Gail found receipts online (from a rewards program IIRC) and they were paid in cash. Hotels are, what, $70-$120 per night? That adds up.

I'm curious, was this the comment that was burning your fingertips earlier? :)

Well, Matt can take the kids to the Lake home. But, LOL, ahhhhh...........he MAY have some restrictions on the 'shared marital properties' until the hearing!

fran

Fran, I don't read it that way:

"However, Chancellor Frank Brown III threw his own order out, ruling the petitioner's (Gail Nowacki Palmgen's brother and sister: Kevin Nowacki and Diane Nowacki Nichols) had little chance of success.

That means the conditions placed on Matthew Palmgren Friday are off the table."

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1002532-order-restraining.html

Sounds to me like the guy better go on a shopping spree before he's got any Court Order restricting him. Do you see anything to prevent that?

And Chancellor Brown did WHAT?? That ruling makes no sense to me. I'm back to the question of why he editted it and signed it in the first place.

:twocents:I know AD would have any problem turning the DVR over to an FBI forensic specialty person(s). But, the FBI has not yet involved themselves. Furthermore, I too would be hesitant to hand the DVR over the SMPD or HCSO, out of fear that the DVR might get lost or accidentally erased :maddening:~oops:banghead:~

For those of you who were wondering about GP's cell carrier...~ it's SPRINT.

Also, AD will be interviewed on the Jammer Scott Show tomorrow (Thursday) @ 2:30 pm on Chattanooga "Talk Radio" ~ 102.3 or you can LISTEN LIVE on the internet via this LINK. DN was invited but, I don't think Jammer has heard back from her to confirm any phone interview as yet. I don't know if DN will accept Jammer's request...we'll see.

http://www.wgow.com/home.asp

If the cell phone carrier was Sprint then I will talk to my daughter and find out how she accesses her boyfriend's text messages from the computer. More than likely that was what MP was doing to GP. My daughter and boyfriend also keep track of where each other go using the GPS capabilities on their Sprint phones so MP probably knew where GP was at all times.

Thanks Pearl. I think that post might have been mine, lol.

So does this mean that Gail and Matt do NOT have Verizon cell service? Or just that we don't know?

If it helps, it is likely Verizon, because you get a discount with Verizon as an employee of BCBS. Most employees use Verizon for that reason. Not positive, just seems likely, in my opinion.

Oops, sorry, just saw Sleuthy1's comment. Ok, well, didn't take advantage of the discount. ;)

If it helps, it is likely Verizon, because you get a discount with Verizon as an employee of BCBS. Most employees use Verizon for that reason. Not positive, just seems likely, in my opinion.

Oops, sorry, just saw Sleuthy1's comment. Ok, well, didn't take advantage of the discount. ;)

:twocents:I called and spoke with AD this afternoon and asked AD specifically because you all were wondering for so long. AD stated she knows GP's personal carrier to be SPRINT.

Why couldn't the GP's family take this to the Supreme Court now that it's been ruled on by the local court? GP has been missing for over 2 months now and no one knows where she is and MP is being allowed to liquidate her assests without her having a voice in the matter. That shouldn't be allowed married or not. Her assests should be frozen with the exception of what needs the children might have that she would contribute to. I would move this to the Supreme Court. I had to do that when my aunt passed away from Alzheimers(sp) and her nephew went to the nursing home when she was still alived and had her sign papers giving him everything she owned and she had already been diagnosed. My uncle died and my aunt died 11 days apart without a will. My uncle had a son and this nephew thought he was entitled to all the millions that was left in the bank and assests. I was still in TN at the time and I stepped up to the plate and said no. The local court ruled against us and I took it to the Supreme Court and we won. My uncle's portion went to his son and my aunt's portion went to my grandmother and the nephew who was a jerk on my uncle's side was left with court costs. Still don't know why he thought he was entitled to my aunt and uncle's estate when my uncle had a son and grandchildren. This idiot was a pilot so he wasn't short on cash.

Fran, I don't read it that way:

"However, Chancellor Frank Brown III threw his own order out, ruling the petitioner's (Gail Nowacki Palmgen's brother and sister: Kevin Nowacki and Diane Nowacki Nichols) had little chance of success.

That means the conditions placed on Matthew Palmgren Friday are off the table."

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1002532-order-restraining.html

Sounds to me like the guy better go on a shopping spree before he's got any Court Order restricting him. Do you see anything to prevent that?

And Chancellor Brown did WHAT?? That ruling makes no sense to me. I'm back to the question of why he editted it and signed it in the first place.

Well, I guess I'm totally confused and not sure what the guy decided.:confused:

Anyway, it wasn't discharged, just reassigned? That isn't exactly a win for MP. I THINK!:crazy:

At least that's how I read it and of course, LOL, MAY be wrong!:banghead:

JMHO
fran

:twocents:I called and spoke with AD this afternoon and asked AD specifically because you all were wondering for so long. AD stated she knows GP's personal carrier to be SPRINT.

Oh well, he's not eligible for the employee discount anymore, anyway, I guess ;)

IANAL, but if I'm understanding what the news reports are saying, the judge signed it in good faith under the reasonable assumption that procedure had been followed, and that full disclosure was given.

Today the judge found out that, as Diane and Kevin's attorney acknowledged, procedure wasn't followed (no notice), and info was not disclosed (the $17k Gail sent to Diane), leaving the judge no choice but to toss his ruling.

The order was very similar to what Matt had filed (the one he withdrew), and the judge said this RO was "not benign".

Again, IANAL, so I could very well completely misunderstand what they are saying, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Well, I guess I'm totally confused and not sure what the guy decided.:confused:

Anyway, it wasn't discharged, just reassigned? That isn't exactly a win for MP. I THINK!:crazy:

At least that's how I read it and of course, LOL, MAY be wrong!:banghead:

JMHO
fran

Fran, what I think is that the case may be open with some petition pending or open for re-filing, but with no Court Order in place, he can do what he wants to in the meantime. If they play the typical legal games with getting continuances, that can last a long time. They really needed that ex parte order, IMO.

Fran, what I think is that the case may be open with some petition pending or open for re-filing, but with no Court Order in place, he can do what he wants to in the meantime. If they play the typical legal games with getting continuances, that can last a long time. They really needed that ex parte order, IMO.

You think? Criminal attorneys don't come cheap!

IANAL, but if I'm understanding what the news reports are saying, the judge signed it in good faith under the reasonable assumption that procedure had been followed, and that full disclosure was given.

Today the judge found out that, as Diane and Kevin's attorney acknowledged, procedure wasn't followed (no notice), and info was not disclosed (the $17k Gail sent to Diane), leaving the judge no choice but to toss his ruling.

The order was very similar to what Matt had filed (the one he withdrew), and the judge said this RO was "not benign".

Again, IANAL, so I could very well completely misunderstand what they are saying, but that's what it sounds like to me.

I read it to mean that even IF proper procedures were not followed, it doesn't change the facts. Call the opposing attorneys (even though no open case exists, since Matt's attorneys withdrew the previous filings) and tell them you intend to file a Petition and request an ex parte order pending the hearing? Seriously? Service is then made by mail or in person after the filing. Right? And he must have been served in order to have knowledge of the document. So what's the problem there?

And then the issues regarding the $17,000 would have been debated at the hearing on July 11, along with the other stuff. July 11 IS an expedited hearing in my book!

But he got it even more expedited. If the claim is that the ex parte was not appropriate, then at THAT time (July 11) it could have been dissolved. But it was dissolved without discussion, if I understand correctly what occurred today.

On the other hand, if Gail's siblings' attorneys failed to follow proper procedures, I think they should be fired immediately. Diane and Kevin can't afford mistakes like that.

I'm no lawyer, but I don't get this. Would love for gitana to weigh in on this mess.

Well, talking about possessions, counseling and who can say what how to the kid’s sounds like parental concerns that would be brought up in a divorce.

If the siblings have any evidence to discredit MP’s role as a parent it seems it would have been brought forth.

GP gave the money to MP of her own free will as far as we know.

I guess I don’t see her weak and used as others she seemed like a powerful business women herself who was independent and judging by her choice and color of vehicle pretty feisty.

I do have the unpopular opinion that she was having trouble coping in the last weeks. But everyone else seems to disagree.

What is wrong with him taking them to the lake house? Poor kids I’m sure they need a break.

All Imo

Thank you so much Jade for saying this. You are not the only person who feels this way.

The overriding opinion (modsnip) on FB is that Gail is a weak, beaten down woman, who's overbearing, dominating, ogre of a husband constantly abused and berated her. People seem blind to the fact that Gail is a very strong minded, intelligent woman. She knew what she was doing and did what she wanted to do. No matter how desperately the public wants Matt to be guilty of this, thus far the authorities have nothing, NOTHING that suggests he has done anything wrong. (yes, he has had an affair, and while I truly believe that to be disgusting, men and women do it each day, and don't have to face this). The facts are that Gail drove up to the home, dropped the kids out and drove away. Do I think Gail is a victim? I don't know what Gail is at this time. All I know for sure is that she is missing!

I did feel a bit sick today, before the hearing, when certain people were almost foaming at the mouth, hoping that the judge would agree to the siblings demands and make life even harder on Matt and the children. Thankfully the judge remembered what this case is about.

All of this is of course, JMO.

The way this has been phrased in various posts leads me to think she had Sprint and he had Verizon. Is this a fact?

If so... how nice. He had the more reliable phone. I wonder who was on the road more with the children....

Hmmm...I dont think it is AD's call who should receive the DVR. I think that the concern now would be, and I am simply playing devil's advocate, that the hard drive could have been tampered with while in AD's possession. I would think that the chain of custody is at issue here.

I am disturbed, really really disturbed (just voicing my sole opinion here) that the two jurisdictions handling this case (SMPD and HCSO) are being maligned with implications that they would willingly or accidently cause the destruction of evidence associated with the case. But I am willing to learn-do they have a history of destroying or misplacing evidence?

<modsnip> I hope that she feels confident enough in her local PD that she would make the report-maybe they can broker the transfer of the hard drive to their fellow LE?

Oh this is nice. I log on today to find the court threw out the order Kevin and Diane were seeking for specious reasons.

Edit: I see now that the case has been referred rather than completely thrown out. That's nice. Wonder if there was a solid legal reason for the judge to hand it off or if he just wanted to not be involved in this mess?

NOW the police want the DVR we've been talking about for over a month? The one that was referenced in the media multiple times?

A day or so ago I said that maybe LE knew something that kept them from looking for Gail earlier or maybe they dropped the ball. With all due respect to those who disagree, I'm going with "LE dropped the ball" here. This is ridiculous. I'm pretty torqued off right now.

BBM- Exactly. This is why it is essential to question. I have the utmost respect for LE, but they are human and make mistakes just like everyone else. Sometimes...they may be in over their heads. It may not be my place or yours, but maybe the family or friends or concerned citizens or the media. LE would hate me if this were my loved one. I would be calling them and down at the station every day. They would for sure be texting me because they would be sick of talking to me.

[snipped portions not relating to response] The facts are that Gail drove up to the home, dropped the kids out and drove away. Do I think Gail is a victim? I don't know what Gail is at this time. All I know for sure is that she is missing!

I did feel a bit sick today, before the hearing, when certain people were almost foaming at the mouth, hoping that the judge would agree to the siblings demands and make life even harder on Matt and the children. Thankfully the judge remembered what this case is about.

• The word Matt has chosen is "abandoned." I'm curious as to whether you believe that word is appropriate for the circumstances.
  • May I ask which portions of the ex parte order would have made life harder on Matt and the children between now and July 11?

• What, from your perspective, is the case about?

Thank you so much Jade for saying this. You are not the only person who feels this way.

The overriding opinion on this forum and on FB is that Gail is a weak, beaten down woman, who's overbearing, dominating, ogre of a husband constantly abused and berated her. People seem blind to the fact that Gail is a very strong minded, intelligent woman. She knew what she was doing and did what she wanted to do. No matter how desperately the public wants Matt to be guilty of this, thus far the authorities have nothing, NOTHING that suggests he has done anything wrong. (yes, he has had an affair, and while I truly believe that to be disgusting, men and women do it each day, and don't have to face this). The facts are that Gail drove up to the home, dropped the kids out and drove away. Do I think Gail is a victim? I don't know what Gail is at this time. All I know for sure is that she is missing!

Couldn't agree with you more about Gail. That is why it is all the more perplexing, being that strong and independent, she would run away and leave her children. I agree with you completely. A strong minded, independent, intelligent, non-victim woman would never just drive away like that. So, where is Gail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme