TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You answered something I was going to ask: When did this increase in paranoia and fear happen? Since it was around April 8, I think it's possible that people who didn't see Gail every day were unaware things had gotten as problematic as they had because it happened so quickly. Just 3 weeks from escalation to disappearance.

Gail was giving info to various people, and each of these people were possibly seeing just one little piece of a huge puzzle. If these people didn't get together -- which they probably didn't, since they likely didn't even know of each other's existence -- they wouldn't have been able to piece the puzzle together.

That's partly why the G's description of Gail being so out of it bothers me. No one else, as far as we know, has said these things. Not Susie, Diane, Arlene, or any other friends/relatives who spent some time with Gail. So either Gail was freaked out because of something related to the G's themselves, or she maybe wasn't as disturbed as they're claiming.

I'd like to know how close this friendship was and how long they have known them. Did they know Gail had siblings, names, where they were, etc. Could they have contacted them with their concerns instead of MP... since she was preparing for a divorce? He's a lawyer and would know the consequences. If close, would know MP's "problems", etc.

I can fully understand calling LE and telling them about the jewelry. I wouldn't feel comfortable holding on to something with that worth and then finding out the person is missing. kwim? BUT, calling MP directly would be a poor decision, imo. Seems now they may be wondering or feeling if anything they exposed to MP may have contributed to Gail disappearing and their defenses are up. Let alone MG goes on to represent MP in the BCBS case. Odd if true. I'm question this at the moment because I thought it was in the media that one of his defense lawyers stated or was referenced in the media to BCBS case. ?? I'll have to do some searching.......(Hate it when my memory fails me!)

Nearly two months after Gail Palmgren disappearance, police search her home and a storage shed in Red Bank looking for more clues as to her whereabouts.

Updated: Jun 24, 2011 5:36 PM EDT

I believe this is the only report that the storage shed was searched. Does anyone know if it was actually searched already or if this was a reporter... misunderstandification? :)

Matt does seem to have worked harder than anybody else to make Matt appear guilty.

Maybe Lee Davis' assessment of Matt's intelligence, as conveyed through Jammer in the radio broadcast, wasn't as unfair as I thought.

:bricks:

I don't see a spokesperson for MP coming forward to say how upset he is or how disturbed he is over GP missing. ??? That says alot to me. No one but his lawyers... and their looking out for his best interests....not Gail. Quite the contrary....with the whole she's f----up statements.

If you can't say something nice about someone....attack their adversary,,,,,,,,,,is how it appears to me. MP must not have much merit behind his actions and his lawyers know it and can't or won't represent that in the public. IMO His press conference appearance did not convey someone in control and confident, but rather like a turkey the day before Thanksgiving. He knew that his escapades over the week of the conference would soon to be uncovered. At that point he was scared.....a few days later, I'm sure he was very angry....and I don't see him being angry with himself and taking the responsibility, but rather D, K and AD for complicating it all. I hope AD has surveillance on her property now!
:twocents::twocents:

I am strongly committed to avoiding making maps in these cases. I'm just so not good at it. Do we have a Google Map with points of interest? If not, can I convince somebody that it's a really fun thing to do? :angel:

I am strongly committed to avoiding making maps in these cases. I'm just so not good at it. Do we have a Google Map with points of interest? If not, can I convince somebody that it's a really fun thing to do? :angel:

... how fun? :crazy: Let's talk BeanE! But, I will be out for a couple of hours. I suppose specific instructions can be PM'd?

Also, new article in timesfrrepress.com
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/03/still-missing-gail/

BBM. Increase.

I want to point out that if you look at the timeline, you see that throughout many, many years, there are no reports whatever of Gail having paranoia, delusion, erratic behavior, behavior outside the norm - not a single report.

This leads me to be compelled to stress that this was not an increase, but an onset, a beginning, something new.

My opinion.

One of several reasons I feel compelled to point this out, is that the onset appeared to have occurred around the same time as the reported black eye. I ponder whether Gail may have had a head injury at that time, which brought on the behavior/symptoms that do not seem to be her norm. I just think it's something to note and keep in mind as a possibility.

I think it was stress related also, or a combo of that and new anti-depressants. I'm not a medical person, so I don't know of any injuries that would just cause paranoia and delusions, but maybe Sleuthy can put her :twocents: in for us. I know if I was in GP's shoes and facing a upcoming divorce and wanted custody of the children, the worry of being unemployed would also be a huge factor for me. JMO, but I think GP was very independent and may have been a worrier too.

I've seen a couple people say that no one except the Birmingham people reported unusual behavior in Gail.

I disagree.

In addition to the Birmingham people, Gail is reported to have called 911.

Matt, Arlene, Susan, Diane, an SMPD LEO all reported behaviors that appear to me, and that I believe would appear to most people, to be outside the norm.

If it was just one person reporting unusual behaviors/symptoms, I would have completely disregarded it, but it is specifically because it was multiple people that it concerns me.

Maybe it's just the wording.. Delusional, paranoid, f---up.......vs scared, upset, frightened and panicked. ? I don't recall LE stating anything about her behavior tho? Except they didn't see abnormal.

I'll try but will have to reset my password, lol......memory fading fast...here. What specifically would you like?

Sunday, July 3rd, 2011
‘Still missing Gail’

Most of the people gathered Saturday to release balloons and light candles in memory of missing local Gail Palmgren don’t even know her.
The sun was just beginning to set over Signal Point as about 10 people joined hands to pray for her return.
“I know what it feels like to lose somebody, and I think about what it would be like to lose my wife or my daughter,” resident Don Davis said. “Hopefully they’ll find her.”
The group was concerned not just with keeping up hope for Palmgren’s return, but spreading hope to anyone missing loved ones. They released several balloons strapped with note cards bearing their names and contact information.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/03/still-missing-gail/

ETA: Sorry firefly...I didn't see your link.

In addition to the Birmingham people, Gail is reported to have called 911.

Do you mean called 911 on the G couple? We don't actually have a record of her calling LE on the G's that weekend, FWIW, just the lawyer reporting that the G's told him she called LE.

If you mean the other 911 calls, why do you think calling 911 is "unusual behaviors/symptoms" akin to what the G's described as being "flat f-- up"?

Maybe it's just the wording.. Delusional, paranoid, f---up.......vs scared, upset, frightened and panicked. ? I don't recall LE stating anything about her behavior tho?

Early on they said they had no info about Gail having any kind of mental issue.

Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio said his investigation had uncovered no psychiatric issues with the missing woman. (Link.)

I don't know of any other article where LE comments on potential psychiatric issues at all. If there are some, let me know.

Maybe it's just the wording.. Delusional, paranoid, f---up.......vs scared, upset, frightened and panicked. ? I don't recall LE stating anything about her behavior tho?

There is nothing any more wrong or bad or negative about saying someone is paranoid or delusional, than there is saying someone is hypoglycemic or congested. They are all good words that well describe symptoms.

On the LEO, I was referring to the April 22 police report where the LEO documented that Gail called 911 because Matt wouldn't get back in the car and started walking home.

That's an unusual behavior. We know that many people here find it to be so, because we can see that many people have speculated and wondered if there is an additional reason. They don't find that reason to be adequate, common, expected, usual for calling 911.

Additionally, LE has classified Gail as Endangered, and there are no physical conditions reported. Rather, she is reported to have been in good health.

ETA: Very early on in the case, May 7, a LEO, Tizzio, who's now been put back on patrol, said at that point, they had not uncovered any psychiatric issues:
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?print

It was later, May 17, that LE (HCSO, CPD, ADPS) placed Gail in an Endangered status.

(All the endanged BOLOs are on the mindmap as well as the ADPS alert in the May 17 area, lower right hand corner. I'm watching the Casey Anthony trial in another window lol. If anyone wants the links, just holler, and if you give me a few, I'll pull the links for those.)

070311_WEB_b_Vigil_t618.jpg

RSBM:

There is nothing any more wrong or bad or negative about saying someone is paranoid or delusional, than there is saying someone is hypoglycemic or congested. They are all good words that well describe symptoms.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong in using those terms in describing a person's behavior, BUT there is big difference in the definition of paranoid delusions vs scared or frightened and frantic. I'll go with the latter since Gail is missing. imo

snipped

On the LEO, I was referring to the April 22 police report where the LEO documented that Gail called 911 because Matt wouldn't get back in the car and started walking home.

That's an unusual behavior. We know that many people here find it to be so, because we can see that many people have speculated and wondered if there is an additional reason. They don't find that reason to be adequate, common, expected, usual for calling 911.

I don't personally in my opinion feel we know enough about the April 22 incident to be able to judge whether it was "unusual behavior" that can be compared to what "The Birmingham people" mentioned.

Since we have verified sources that state Tizzio, Arlene, Diane, and Susie have all said Gail showed no mental issues and nothing to indicate they have since changed their mind, I stand by what I have always said: Matt, Matt's lawyers, and the G's are the primary sources of information that purports that Gail had serious mental issues which they imply are the reason she is missing today. Because the G's allegedly made such strong statements -- the unnecessary 911 call and "flat f-- up" -- I personally feel that it's difficult to compare what they said to what anyone else has said thus far.

If others see Gail's behavior as being "unusual" and possibly corroborating Matt/lawyers/G's information, that is absolutely fine. I think it's a valid interpretation, just one I disagree with for the reasons I have stated. My disagreement and/or questions are not attacks.

I can't express on here how I feel about this headline and report!!!!!!!!!!! WTH?

I'm not sure exactly what are your thoughts about this, but mine are that once again the media has taken a comment out of context to create a different implication than was intended by the person who said it. If I were the quoted individual, I would be so upset and angry today.

On the other hand, I do understand that attendance was low. I'm sure it was a beautiful event, and that the expectation of higher attendance has made for some disappointment. That's understandable. Since it sounds as if all news media were in attendance to report the event, I'm sure the disappointment was even greater.

I'm reading on fb this morning CB's comments about the "Mountain Apathy" and that if Gail were seeing the low turnout she would not be encouraged to return. As a mountain resident I find that infuriating.

Bold statements judging that if I don't "care" in the ways dictated by one individual, then it must mean I am apathetic, are divisive in nature, and I doubt I am the only resident who feels insulted. My bet is that the turnout will be even lower at the next event. I believe the headline is accurate, unfortunately.

I care a lot, and that's why I'm here on WS this morning instead of cleaning my house.

:saythat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member