TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the other routes I mapped out. That tower at the 12/41 intersection.... If someone were headed to KY hat would be more or less a straight shot via I24, correct?

Yes. (too short!) Yepper. :)

Is this picture of a 4 door? It doesn't look like it to me, and I think Gails was a 4 door. It might not make much difference in the overall appearance, but just wondering.

That's correct, as far as I know.

I just wanted to point out how many different small (and very easy) changes can be made to vehicles. Damage, mud, water, tires, etc. The description of Gail's Jeep has been very specific.

Looking at an 'age progression' of the Jeep (for lack of a better term) may be useful.

I didn't get to hear the Jammer interview, and unfortunately there's no archive I know of. If you can pass on any of the info you heard, I would surely appreciate it.

Hi EBean,

I didn't hear the complete broadcast, missed the final 10 minutes or so, but overall I thought it was a pretty good interview. MUCH better than the fiasco on SMM. I assume the lack of discussion here is because it didn't completely support the prevalent opinion of the forum posters.

I had never listened to "Jammer" before, so don't really know what he normally does, but I thought he asked some significant questions. Then he followed up by pressing AD to explain why she thought this or that. He didn't take her word as the absolute answer and it didn't seem that she appreciated that.

It has been mentioned that he did this to boost his career... I assume any "reporter" does that with most every interview they do, but at least he didn't promote his book or his friends business during the interview like SMM did. He also allowed AD to speak her mind and say everything she wanted to say before he went back to question her statements, again SMM didn't bother to even let AD finish speaking lots of times. He seemed to have prepared beforehand, and could at least get the names and facts correct, again, unlike SMM. It wasn't nearly as onesided as SMM, and I don't recall hearing him excite AD and suggest that she do anything which might be in conflict with the LE.

In slight defense of AD, I am sure that any interview speaking about something that is close to your heart and personal is hard to do, but maybe she should consider that before she jumps at the idea of going on the air.

I assume the lack of discussion here is because it didn't completely support the prevalent opinion of the forum posters.

I disagree. I get the impression that not too many posters heard the broadcast. Also, we cannot locate an archived recording of it. Glorias mentioned transcribing it, if we can locate one. Do you know if one is available?

I had never listened to "Jammer" before, so don't really know what he normally does, but I thought he asked some significant questions. Then he followed up by pressing AD to explain why she thought this or that. He didn't take her word as the absolute answer and it didn't seem that she appreciated that.

[bbm]

Do you remember examples of that? Again, we're having some difficulty due to not having a recording.

The first thing that pops to my mind is when she stated that she knew everything about what was going on, (paraphrasing - as I can't remember exactly) but she said they were best friends and she knew everything that was going on. He asked her how she knew that Gail had told her EVERYTHING. He asked her if she was Gail's only friend. She replied that Gail had other friends, but no one else that knew it all. He continued to ask how she could know that Gail hadn't told others, he even said (if I remember correctly) that Gail could have told her this part, and someone else another part, etc. AD didn't say that she didn't appreciate that, but she stumbled around a bit and I couldn't quiet tell if she didn't know how to respond, if she had never considered that before, if she was jealous at the thought that Gail could have told someone else something or if she just took a drink of something and couldn't respond. So... It seemed to me that she was flustered by his attempts to get her to back up what she was saying with something other than repeating it or speaking louder.

I haven't found an archive of it either. I would like to listen again, and also to hear the remaining ten minutes or so.

I disagree. I get the impression that not too many posters heard the broadcast. Also, we cannot locate an archived recording of it. Glorias mentioned transcribing it, if we can locate one. Do you know if one is available?

[bbm]

Do you remember examples of that? Again, we're having some difficulty due to not having a recording.

From all that I have gathered, it seems the radio station that interviewed AD is very conservative, vs, imo, the opposite of D & K's attorney's firm. JMO. Just sayin'. Maybe the locals could chime in?

From all that I have gathered, it seems the radio station that interviewed AD is very conservative, vs, imo, the opposite of D & K's attorney's firm. JMO. Just sayin'. Maybe the locals could chime in?

I've not heard that.

It doesn't make sense, you are correct, IMO. The only place I saw that was what Davis said, the G's said from Alabama, (twice mixed up hearsay, months later, with intent). So therefore, I don't think GP may have even said exactly that.

She may have said she thought she was being followed and had tag#'s and it was misconstrued by the G's. I believe that was another attempt to place GP in a bad light, that is the only thing that makes sense.

Hopefully, she told LE what those tag#s were. MP should have them also knowing GP gave them to him, when she trusted him, or to see how he would react. If she was having him followed, one would think she may suspect the same thing.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

Here's another thing about this trip to Birmingham. Gail was very comfortable calling 911, so if she felt she was being followed (to the extent that it doubled her trip-time) wouldn't you think it was a perfect time to call that number??? It's not like she had a history with this PD (that we know of), and you would think a woman alone with her kids in a desirable vehicle, thinking she was being followed/harassed by a constantly tailgating vehicle, would receive a helpful response?
Yet another thing is, if you were being followed, or creeped out by another vehicle, wouldn't you stick to the busiest roads possible???

This therefore it is a lie, an exaggeration, or a real example of the paranoia she possibly has.

If she was paranoid and liked calling the police during episodes, it seems likely she would have called them. If she was just scared she would have called them (at least one phone must have had batteries and reception at some point).
The kids must have been a wreck on arrival, because they surely would have noticed this other vehicle, or their mom's crazy behavior, but that is not mentioned and you'd think it too good an opportunity to miss??

How would you all behave in this sort of situation? I would call 911 for no other reason that my kids might be in danger...on my own I might not, but still think I would call....

The first thing that pops to my mind is when she stated that she knew everything about what was going on, (paraphrasing - as I can't remember exactly) but she said they were best friends and she knew everything that was going on. He asked her how she knew that Gail had told her EVERYTHING. He asked her if she was Gail's only friend. She replied that Gail had other friends, but no one else that knew it all. He continued to ask how she could know that Gail hadn't told others, he even said (if I remember correctly) that Gail could have told her this part, and someone else another part, etc. AD didn't say that she didn't appreciate that, but she stumbled around a bit and I couldn't quiet tell if she didn't know how to respond, if she had never considered that before, if she was jealous at the thought that Gail could have told someone else something or if she just took a drink of something and couldn't respond. So... It seemed to me that she was flustered by his attempts to get her to back up what she was saying with something other than repeating it or speaking louder.

I haven't found an archive of it either. I would like to listen again, and also to hear the remaining ten minutes or so.

Yes, I remember those parts as well and I had a different interpretation. I have, at times in the past, posted statements saying I disagreed with some of Arlene's tactics, so please understand I'm not programmed to defend Arlene.

That said, I don't believe Arlene expected to be thrown into an adversarial, argumentative situation, and I interpreted her reaction as being surprised and briefly taken aback. She recovered quite well IMO. She did concede, as you stated, that Gail had other friends, and that as time progressed, she may have begun to talk to them some as well. She stated, however, that Gail began to talk to her before that time, and I think the facts related to information and items entrusted to her back up that statement. Arlene does appear to know important details no one else knows, does she not?

Furthermore, I do not recall any pieces of relevant information that have come forward to indicate other friends had pertinent information not known to Arlene. Am I mistaken?

Arlene also commented that there probably are some things she did not know about Gail, just as there are some things Gail did not know about her. But Arlene DOES seem to know everything or nearly everything RELEVANT, and I think this may come down to picking at her wording. JMO based on listening to the broadcast.

I really wish we could locate a transcription or recording of the broadcast. If you contact WGOW in this regard, please let us know what you find out. Thanks so much!

I don't think WS defines what are facts. I think WS defines what we can post. It's up to each of us, using our own personal criteria, to determine what is fact, or as I think of it, what is more likely and less likely.

JBean, please correct me if I'm misstating.

I 'rate' the 'to get tags' towards the higher end of my own personal likelihood scale, because more than one person is reported to have said that Gail told them she was being followed to get her tags. (Birmingham friend, Arlene, Matt)

Personally, I keep in mind with all this stuff in all these cases that the further away one gets from the original source (in this instance, Gail), the less reliable the info is. For all we know, unless and until we hear it from Gail, she may never have told anyone at all she thought she was being followed, no?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking really (bbm), and was just wondering how valid the statement made really sounded, before dismissing it as such.
I had remembered she was being followed and wrote down those tag #'s, but not that she had said to others that the followers were trying to get hers. Also....thanks for the fact comment, I was thinking MSM reports could be treated that way if we chose, but since this was not a direct quote the validity was even more questionable?

BBM-?. I am unclear about whose hands would be the wrong hands. :)
She may have tried AD, or she may not have. I am certain that this would be something I would ponder over and over as well. And yes, that would be reflected on her phone records.

I didnt listen to the interview-so AD's position was that AD or Gail would have been in an area where she didnt get cell reception?

Thanks believe....
In the right hands, LE's hands that could see when calls were made to and from GP's phone in the last days until May 2nd. It appears they had no reason to search property, so would there be a reason to access cell phone records? IMHO

AD's position in the interview was GP may have tried to call and she was not in an area to get the reception.

I speculated GP's since Sprint was the confirmed carrier, service is spotty (personal experience having a Sprint smartphone) near where she comes out and all the way down the W road until you get closer to Signal Mountain Blvd on Mountain Creek Road...within a mile of the Walmart. Does that make it more clear?

Yes, MFH is murder for hire. It's a theory I'm considering, to see how well it may fit, based on, primarily:
- the 2 $20k amounts Matt asked for from Gail and she gave him
- timeframe of the $40k then soon after Gail starts telling people she thinks she's being followed
- giving away items to so many people, "in case something happens to me", ensures more than one person will speak up & poke around if anything happens to her
- timeframe of PI turning over all info to Gail possibly confirming info he'd suspected earlier
- Gail calling Diane saying she's scared & to call LE but not telling Diane why she's so scared except that she thinks somebody is following her, indicating possibly not wanting Diane to worry, but wanting Diane to be aware if something happens
- leaving the kids at home and taking off indicating a possible desire to protect them by separating herself from them

You are getting warmer... I've been thinking of this for awhile. My personal theory is that it would not be a professional, either. I am concerned that there may be someone out there with a pocket full of money and maybe a guilty conscience? In other cases where this has happened, someone usually ends up talking.

Yes, I remember those parts as well and I had a different interpretation. I have, at times in the past, posted statements saying I disagreed with some of Arlene's tactics, so please understand I'm not programmed to defend Arlene.

That said, I don't believe Arlene expected to be thrown into an adversarial, argumentative situation, and I interpreted her reaction as being surprised and briefly taken aback. She recovered quite well IMO. She did concede, as you stated, that Gail had other friends, and that as time progressed, she may have begun to talk to them some as well. She stated, however, that Gail began to talk to her before that time, and I think the facts related to information and items entrusted to her back up that statement. Arlene does appear to know important details no one else knows, does she not?

Furthermore, I do not recall any pieces of relevant information that have come forward to indicate other friends had pertinent information not known to Arlene. Am I mistaken?

Arlene also commented that there probably are some things she did not know about Gail, just as there are some things Gail did not know about her. But Arlene DOES seem to know everything or nearly everything RELEVANT, and I think this may come down to picking at her wording. JMO based on listening to the broadcast.

I really wish we could locate a transcription or recording of the broadcast. If you contact WGOW in this regard, please let us know what you find out. Thanks so much!

My opinion is if Arlene wasn't right on track, others wouldn't care what she said. There are hornets all over the place because she's disturbed the nest. KWIM? I think it's typical to try to discredit her. But to me, I just don't get it. I mean, what difference does it make "how close of a friend" she was to Gail? She knows what she knows and that's it. I did not hear the interview, but from what I've read, the questions asked and answered mean nothing to me. I see it as a transparent attempt to discredit her and I ain't buying it. And MP is not that bright? That proves a lot, right? Please.

I find the new pics of the Rubicon, without the top, to be very interesting. This is the first time I've heard anybody address the VERY different appearance of the jeep without the top. Depending on the angle, very little red would be visible if anybody stumbled upon it. My guess is that everybody has been on the lookout for a bright red vehicle.

ETA: Not to imply the top is red. Just thinking that drastic variations of the appearance could throw somebody off. I've never looked at it that closely until now.

The pictures I just saw were a two-door, GP's was a 4-door, so much bigger, even without the top. Her's I believe was the cherry darker red, but size should be more accurate.

Attachments

• rubicon.jpg
    rubicon.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 8
4/14/11 GP sends a $17K cashiers check to her sis (6 mos living expenses should MP cut her off bank accounts after she leaves him with kids)

4/16/11 GP tells AD she's getting everything ready for divorce...setting up counseling for children, waiting for PI report,

4/14/11 - 14/29/11 GP was sending AD things to keep them away from MP, getting ammunition for the impending divorce.

So, on 4/23/11, there's a call to 911 and the alleged subsequent argument that MP wouldn't get in the car.

on 4/23/11 GP goes to the lake house with the kids + dog. Calls AD, says she's scared, tells AD to come and get her. AD says she can't (she's out of state) and calls Mike = ex...............AD calls GP back says Mike is coming to get her and just stay there...................Mike gets there and GP and kids are gone. ? When AD spoke to GP, she explained she left because of the ? (dog?), AD said they could have taken care of that.

4/23/11 GP + kids + dog get to M&KG's house in Alabama........GP tells them she's being followed, tells them MP is cheating, has jewels and asks KG to hold them, goes to the pharmacy for Easter baskets, gets upset and accuses them of trying to take her children and she calls 911.

4/24/11 Easter

4/24 or 4/25 GP + kids + dog go back to SM, .........MP is out of town, left for already scheduled business trip.

4/25/11 - 4/28/11 While MP is out of town, leaves scheduled business meeting and drives out of state to allegedly meet g/f..............while gone he calls GP and tells her he's filing for a legal separation the next week.

4/28/11 GP meets with her PI. He gives her the goods on MP. He's having an affair. The PI also followed MP to the atm on one occasion and then he followed MP where he met with and unid'd stranger in a coffee shop.

4/29/11 MP was scheduled to return that evening after 11 P.M. at the airport. Instead he shows up at the home around noon. (apparently driving back with his g/f)

4/29/11 Reports of a 911 call and now rumors that the altercation took place at the police station. GP was given the # of a safe house and she was leaving for the lake house. MP was to stay at the family home on SM.

4/29/11 GP meets up with AD.....is scheduled to meet up the next day for Mike's bday party.

4/30/11 Next thing AD knows, GP is on her way or at SM.......the night of 4/29 was the last time AD talked to GP.

4/30/11 6:30 a.m. GP calls her sister and she's going back to SM and is scared and wants her sis to call LE and have them meet her at the SM home.

4/30/11 12:00 GP arrives at the SM home, drops off the kids and dog

4/30/11 12:15 P.M., GP is seen by neighbor as she drives away from family home,

4/30/11 approximately 12:15 GP talks to her sis on the cell phone...................had already dropped the kids off

4/30/11 MP tells the kid she's at the lake with AD (per AD)

.......................silence..............................

Where is Gail?
Where is the PI report?
Where is AD's computer?
Where is the key to the boat?

5/02/11.............GP's cell phone *pings* ONCE on the road back to KY, and MP's mom and dad's homes....................

Where is Gail?

fran

PS........coincidence? That MP now has the jewels GP left with M&KG and now MG has reportedly spoken THRU MP'S CRIMINAL ATTORNEY, that GP was all f'd up when she was there and now MG is employed by MP as his attorney against his previous employer so now has attorney/client obligations.........

Where is Gail?

Thanks believe....
In the right hands, LE's hands that could see when calls were made to and from GP's phone in the last days until May 2nd. It appears they had no reason to search property, so would there be a reason to access cell phone records? IMHO

AD's position in the interview was GP may have tried to call and she was not in an area to get the reception.

I speculated GP's since Sprint was the confirmed carrier, service is spotty near where she comes out and all the way down the W road until you get closer to Signal Mountain Blvd on Mountain Creek Road...within a mile of the Walmart. Does that make it more clear?

Sprint was confirmed by Arlene via Sleuthy IIRC. I havent seen any MSM to date that indicates what her carrier was. I am certain there are reasons for that, just not sure what they might be.

My opinion is if Arlene wasn't right on track, others wouldn't care what she said. There are hornets all over the place because she's disturbed the nest. KWIM? I think it's typical to try to discredit her. But to me, I just don't get it. I mean, what difference does it make "how close of a friend" she was to Gail? She knows what she knows and that's it. I did not hear the interview, but from what I've read, the questions asked and answered mean nothing to me. I see it as a transparent attempt to discredit her and I ain't buying it. And MP is not that bright? That proves a lot, right? Please.

IIRC, the first thing the Jammer did was say he'd contacted the attorney for the husband, Davis. (imho, he shoulda' said his CRIMINAL def lawyer!)

Within the first few minutes or two he talked to AD, he asked her, 'was that you on the logging trail with Gail?'

I think this was the first <hint> of what was to come.

OTOH, AD get in that GP was attending AL-ANON! ;)

just sayin'
fran

Here's another thing about this trip to Birmingham. Gail was very comfortable calling 911, so if she felt she was being followed (to the extent that it doubled her trip-time) wouldn't you think it was a perfect time to call that number??? It's not like she had a history with this PD (that we know of), and you would think a woman alone with her kids in a desirable vehicle, thinking she was being followed/harassed by a constantly tailgating vehicle, would receive a helpful response?
Yet another thing is, if you were being followed, or creeped out by another vehicle, wouldn't you stick to the busiest roads possible???

This therefore it is a lie, an exaggeration, or a real example of the paranoia she possibly has.

If she was paranoid and liked calling the police during episodes, it seems likely she would have called them. If she was just scared she would have called them (at least one phone must have had batteries and reception at some point).
The kids must have been a wreck on arrival, because they surely would have noticed this other vehicle, or their mom's crazy behavior, but that is not mentioned and you'd think it too good an opportunity to miss??

How would you all behave in this sort of situation? I would call 911 for no other reason that my kids might be in danger...on my own I might not, but still think I would call....

I am baffled as well, fbx. IIRC, Gail told a number of people - Matt, Arlene, the Birmingham people, Susie, her sister - that she thought she was being followed.

She wasn't shy about calling 911 - she called them, per LE, because her husband got out of the car and was walking home.

But she didn't call them to report she thought she was being followed?

The simple answer is usually the correct answer. She did. I'd bet on it.

That was one of the other routes I mapped out. That tower at the 12/41 intersection.... If someone were headed to KY that would be more or less a straight shot via I24, correct?

Yes, depends on what part of KY. You go down the mountain on 127, to 27S and get on I-24 N to head towards Nashville and then central Kentucky. Take 127 to I-24 (for a few miles) to catch I-75N, is the shortest route to Lexington, as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme