TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I understand what you mean. This was from the breaking news article I posted. It states the 30th, not the 29th. I assume 'someone' or 'cell phone records' gave the DA confirmed information Matt last spoke to Gail on the 30th, and there was no other communication from her since...JMHO

Based on this quote in the article from DA Cox "In the letter, Cox adds a new piece of information in to the disappearance, stating "she last spoke to her estranged husband, Matthew Palmgren, on April 30, 2011 and since that date no reported communication with her has existed."

I hope that clears that up.

I'm not reading that as he was last to speak with her necessarily.

I really wish people who write up these things would use clear wording. But... maybe they meant to be nebulous.

Drives me crazy. :floorlaugh:

Also says that TBI is helping in the investigation. They have something!

There were articles saying that the TBI was lending "an extra pair of eyes" (or something to that effect) to look over the case and provide suggestions.

Gail's sister, I think it was, wrote and asked them to look at the case.

Sorry, holly!

I meant GPS or any other locating surveillance that might be of aid in the future, of any possibly involved vehicles.

I just can't see how a PI hired by either GP or MP for any purpose would fail to do this- at the very least for the safety and protection of their own client? You know?

God I had a post written up with links and everything, and then an article popped up that the Governor of TN granted $5,000 for a reward in Zaylee Fryar's case, and I got so excited, I lost the whole darn thing.

Hmmm... I'm not up to digging it all up again LOL!

The salient info was that in one of Arlene's interviews she said that she told Gail to put a tracker on Matt's car, and the PI knew about it, but it was Gail who put it on there.

She said Gail pulled it off on Wed Apr 27, uploaded the info, then put it back on.

That's all the tagging info she talked about that I heard. Dunno how helpful that is, Oriah.

I really wish people who write up these things would use clear wording. But... maybe they meant to be nebulous.

GOOD POINT!! But if Matt spoke to Gail on the 30th, that's more than was confirmed before. It would make the RUMOR that she did call him (or he called her) and she was going back to the lake VERY speculative that he was not involved. Hmmm, that could make for an interesting spin. I would hope they would have the cell phone records from Sprint, and NOT the ones you can print out on the Internet from your account (that are editable). IMHO!

Drives me crazy also, Bean.
From an investigative standpoint, not helpful at all.

WHEN and with WHOM did Gail last speak, and by what method of communication?? This should not be a difficult thing to uncover and report on accurately. :banghead:

God I had a post written up with links and everything, and then an article popped up that the Governor of TN granted $5,000 for a reward in Zaylee Fryar's case, and I got so excited, I lost the whole darn thing.

Hmmm... I'm not up to digging it all up again LOL!

The salient info was that in one of Arlene's interviews she said that she told Gail to put a tracker on Matt's car, and the PI knew about it, but it was Gail who put it on there.

She said Gail pulled it off on Wed Apr 27, uploaded the info, then put it back on.
That's all the tagging info she talked about that I heard. Dunno how helpful that is, Oriah.

Was Matt's car at the airport or at home when she did this? He wasn't home yet based on being out of town. Or he left it at home and she did it while he was away. I don't know where the information came from that Gail was panicked over seeing his car in the driveway (like it showed up early)? Or was it TH's car she saw drive up?? I recall it was confirmed Matt went to the police station first, then Gail followed? Confusing! JMHO

GOOD POINT!! But if Matt spoke to Gail on the 30th, that's more than was confirmed before. It would make the RUMOR that she did call him (or he called her) and she was going back to the lake VERY speculative that he was not involved. Hmmm, that could make for an interesting spin. I would hope they would have the cell phone records from Sprint, and NOT the ones you can print out on the Internet from your account (that are editable). IMHO!

Well, he wrote in a sworn affidavit that he'd called her and asked her to meet back at the SM house, although the article didn't say if the affidavit said he'd called her Friday night or Saturday morning. But since she told Diane at 6:30am she was heading back to SM, it would seem it was most likely the night before.

Then, IIRC, Arlene said in those same docs he filed, he said Gail called him, and said she was leaving the kids at home etc, right? So that would be in a sworn affidavit too.

I guess what I'm wondering is if they couldn't get the cell records because of lack of probable cause, if they were using those docs, since they're sworn, as their confirmation. I dunno if that's possible for them to do.

Was Matt's car at the airport or at home when she did this? He wasn't home yet based on being out of town. Or he left it at home and she did it while he was away. I don't know where the information came from that Gail was panicked over seeing his car in the driveway (like it showed up early)? Or was it TH's car she saw drive up?? I recall it was confirmed Matt went to the police station first, then Gail followed? Confusing! JMHO

She didn't say where the car was, but I was thinking he must have left it home and flown. She said he was due to fly in that Fri night, so flying out as well would make sense. I dunno.

Yep, I'd heard Matt went to the PD first, and then Gail followed. That's an unusual for a guy to go to a PD, so I'd been trying to figure out why he'd do that. I'm wondering if Gail locked him out of the house.

I'm a little confused because there's that article saying he and Tammy drove home that Friday morning, but in one of the SMM interviews, Arlene said he came back the day before - Thursday.

All of these tiny little details. Sometimes I want to pull everybody in a case into a room and tell them they're not getting out until they cough up at least all non-incriminating info. LOL! :)

Wonder if LE has talked to this other woman Ms. C said was with her in the car when she alleges to have seen GP and the mysterious woman, near dusk on a lonely mountain road. :waitasec:

just wonderin'
fran

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

Attorney Davis said one witness attorney Mathis wants to interview is Carol Coppinger, who said she saw Ms. Palmgren on a remote trail on Signal Mountain in the red Jeep on the afternoon and evening of the day she disappeared. She said another woman was in the Jeep with her.

Not sure I understand what you mean. This was from the breaking news article I posted. It states the 30th, not the 29th. I assume 'someone' or 'cell phone records' gave the DA confirmed information Matt last spoke to Gail on the 30th, and there was no other communication from her since...JMHO

Based on this quote in the article from DA Cox "In the letter, Cox adds a new piece of information in to the disappearance, stating "she last spoke to her estranged husband, Matthew Palmgren, on April 30, 2011 and since that date no reported communication with her has existed."

I hope that clears that up.

I was jumping off that post and info regarding MP's phone convo with her...saying I wish we had info on her cell phone activities for the additional days...which I should have included up til the 2nd.

I just made an additional statement saying I couldn't quite grasp the whole trip to the LE station and how that played out. Sorry for the confusion and hope that helps.

BBM. Hi holly. Could you share where you got the info that she saw his car and drove to the PD and he followed her there?

TIA

I believe it was the last Jammer interview with AD.

http://richmedia.onset.freedom.com/wtvc/loaf32-rewardletter.pdf

Link is for the reward letter. Am I confused, or is this new? The letter states the last confirmed sighting of GP was leaving her house on 4/29. So she went home from the police department before heading to the lake house? Is that when Susie Button saw her leaving the house? On 4/29? That would seem crazy to me, because Arlene saw her later on 4/29 at the lake house, right?

I think the part about speaking with Matt on 4/30 and communication with Matt is very carefully worded. I think it implies Matt was the last person she communicated with, but it doesn't say that explicitly.

Wonder if LE has talked to this other woman Ms. C said was with her in the car when she alleges to have seen GP and the mysterious woman, near dusk on a lonely mountain road. :waitasec:

just wonderin'
fran

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

Attorney Davis said one witness attorney Mathis wants to interview is Carol Coppinger, who said she saw Ms. Palmgren on a remote trail on Signal Mountain in the red Jeep on the afternoon and evening of the day she disappeared. She said another woman was in the Jeep with her.

I didn't get from this that CC had company in her car but that GP had company in the Jeep...the mystery woman.

Maybe he left his car at the office?

http://richmedia.onset.freedom.com/wtvc/loaf32-rewardletter.pdf

Link is for the reward letter. Am I confused, or is this new? The letter states the last confirmed sighting of GP was leaving her house on 4/29. So she went home from the police department before heading to the lake house? Is that when Susie Button saw her leaving the house? On 4/29? That would seem crazy to me, because Arlene saw her later on 4/29 at the lake house, right?

I think the part about speaking with Matt on 4/30 and communication with Matt is very carefully worded. I think it implies Matt was the last person she communicated with, but it doesn't say that explicitly.

I guess if LE has not talked to Susie, Arlene, Matt, or the kids 'officially with a statement', who knows what is confirmed based on this remark. :banghead:

Maybe he left his car at the office?

True....but I don't see GP driving all the way up the 'hill' to the BCBS parking garages to take tracking devices off of MP's vehicle. Remember, the 27th was the day of the bad storms, unless you were clueless, no one went anywhere!

I didn't get from this that CC had company in her car but that GP had company in the Jeep...the mystery woman.

Hmm, but CC stated her adult child (mountain biking) was there and the reason CC stated she was there in the first place, I recall. That was a red flag to me, because even the schools use Edward's point (opposite end of the mountain) for mountain biking clubs and such, not Big Fork based on my knowledge with off-road, 4-wheelers, and the danger there is just from that, so biking? naaah......IMHO. There was another bad accident just a week ago out there, it just didn't make the news.

Nonetheless, did they see anything????

There were articles saying that the TBI was lending "an extra pair of eyes" (or something to that effect) to look over the case and provide suggestions.

Gail's sister, I think it was, wrote and asked them to look at the case.[/quote]
I must have missed this Bean, do you know where it can be found? I thought HCSO ask them to take a looksee? Memory fading..... TIA

ETA: Whoops... Found it here:

Gail Palmgren, 44, of Signal Mountain, has not been seen since April 30. Her sister, Diane Nichols of New York, contacted the district attorney’s office, asking for a review.
“We have been asked to take a look at the case and see if we have any suggestions,” said TBI Special Agent in Charge Jerri Powell in Nashville.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/06/tbi-reviewing-case-missing-woman-Palmgren/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member