TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious...has anyone seen any more on the reason for GP sending her sister $17,000 prior to her disappearance...this information came forth from one of MP's attorneys. I haven't been following lately but live in the area and very concerned.

Still very difficult to believe that her vehicle has not been discovered...it definitely is hidden/burned or whatever.

According to Arlene, this $17K was sent in the form of a cashier's check to her sister to hold for her. It was estimated, according to Arlene, to be approximately 6 months living expenses and a 'first payment' for a divorce attorney. IMHO, divorce attorneys charge $7,500 or so to begin the proceedings. I'm sure the attorney fee varies.

I'm surprised they haven't located her vehicle as well.

I think if the husband and his attorney want LE and the public to stop looking at the husband as the POSSIBLE cause of Gail's disappearance, he should talk to LE without going THROUGH his attorney and let LE talk to the kids.

Sorry, he's acting like he has something to hide. Until then,.....................

The idea is for LE to eliminate him. He hasn't cooperated to the fullest, or at least enough to think he did not do anything to his missing wife.

JMHO
fran

snipped

If he's innocent though, the hit he's taken in nearly all media avenues is horrible. Yes, having marital issues and getting a divorce DO happen all the time, as do mental illness, car accidents, and even a spouse "running off." However, those things don't cause the media hit this man has taken, and they shouldn't. The media, as usual, is "out for blood" and sensational stories, and in the social networking/blogging circles it gets even worse. I think it's really scary to see the possibilities of what CAN happen to an innocent person.

To an extent, even if he's guilty, the media hit is no less terrible. I doubt that all the rumors and accusations flying around are helping him to be a better father this summer, and like it or not, he is the only parent these children have to take care of them right now. Honestly, I can't imagine how he's holding it together for them. The media is ripping apart a parent holding two children in his arms. Aren't they? I wonder sometimes if I've participated in that on this board, and it bothers me.

Well, personally, if Matt is guilty of a crime then he made his bed and now he's lying in it. If he's not guilty of a crime then he could have done more to clear the issue up and move on with his life. No sympathy for Matt from me, to be honest.

I question the kind of media exposure you say he's gotten. As I mentioned before, the two friends I have in TN have not heard at all about this case; it has not been in Nashville or Knoxville news, as far as they know. The one national news item was many weeks ago and caused no splash whatsoever. The images of going for blood and ripping him apart seems to be a bit of hyperbole for the sake of effect, because I see no one ripping him apart. No overwhelming cries for justice, no one pounding on the police department's door demanding inquiries, no angry letters to the editor or significant national attention or anything. This has all been very low key IMVHO.

Personally, and this is perhaps not just a personal but a philosophical opinion, I think the desire to limit what the media is allowed to cover is a very problematic one. Criticizing the media for reporting a newsworthy event seems misguided. Again, just my opinion.

Those kids are hurting, and they're hurting because Gail went missing because there was an accident or someone, maybe even Gail herself, harmed her. The media isn't responsible for that. The media, for the most part, has been pretty darn respectful in my opinion, posting the info poster at the end of articles and including info on Gail and the Jeep.

And if Arlene (who I believe you were referring to) was interfering with the case, then why hasn't LE stopped her? Law enforcement has a lot of authority. I fully believe that if they felt Arlene was interfering with an open investigation that they would have done something about it by now.

I'm personally kind of surprised at the idea that Matt is the "stupidest criminal in the world" because he hired a PI. It's been said by multiple people so please understand I am not directing this to anyone specifically.

The PI is employed by the lawyers he hired, and no one yet to my knowledge has shown that Matt himself wanted a PI to find Gail. He hired criminal defense attorneys who are trying to defend their client in the event that this becomes a criminal issue, so for all we know hiring a PI was the lawyer's idea and not Matt's at all. One of the attorneys is the same guy who felt he needed to tell a newspaper that Gail was "flat f-- up," and the other attorney is the guy who told Jammer Scott that Gail's brother killed himself. That tells me they're willing to do things to make Matt look good and Gail look bad, IMHO.

The PI also has been seen delivering letters demanding evidence be given to him and not LE, allegedly taking items out of the homes before they were searched, etc. I see nothing to make me think the PI was definitively hired to make a good faith effort to find Gail. I'm not saying I would never believe it, not at all -- I'm saying there isn't anything definitive to make me believe it now. Things could change. Right now, though, Matt hiring the PI seems like a very SMART thing for him, not a "stupid" thing.

Tangentially, if people are upset with Arlene for saying too much, perhaps they should also be upset with Jammer and Lee Davis. If they're upset that Arlene hasn't given the security DVR to LE yet, they should perhaps also be mad at the PI for asking her to give it to him instead of to LE. Just my two cents there.

This is all my opinion, of course.

snipped

Well, personally, if Matt is guilty of a crime then he made his bed and now he's lying in it. If he's not guilty of a crime then he could have done more to clear the issue up and move on with his life. No sympathy for Matt from me, to be honest.

I feel much worse for the children than for Matt. An overly stressed parent is operating at less than 1/2 speed. I'm not saying he didn't bring a lot on himself. I'm just saying I think it's been made worse than it had to be if the real goal is to investigate the case and even pressure law enforcement to do more.

I question the kind of media exposure you say he's gotten. As I mentioned before, the two friends I have in TN have not heard at all about this case; it has not been in Nashville or Knoxville news, as far as they know. The one national news item was many weeks ago and caused no splash whatsoever. The images of going for blood and ripping him apart seems to be a bit of hyperbole for the sake of effect, because I see no one ripping him apart. No overwhelming cries for justice, no one pounding on the police department's door demanding inquiries, no angry letters to the editor or significant national attention or anything. This has all been very low key IMVHO.

Sorry, no hyberbole here. Between Jammer, Susan Murphy Milano, and Facebook, I think the description was accurate. They all qualify as media, in my opinion, and there are probably other media outlets I know nothing of.

Personally, and this is perhaps not just a personal but a philosophical opinion, I think the desire to limit what the media is allowed to cover is a very problematic one. Criticizing the media for reporting a newsworthy event seems misguided. Again, just my opinion.

Those kids are hurting, and they're hurting because Gail went missing because there was an accident or someone, maybe even Gail herself, harmed her. The media isn't responsible for that. The media, for the most part, has been pretty darn respectful in my opinion, posting the info poster at the end of articles and including info on Gail and the Jeep.

I agree that MSM has been much kinder than the other sources I mentioned. I also agree that the kids are hurting terribly over Gail's disappearance and all the uncertainty associated with it. I do think, however, that the parent who is with them right now needs all the help he can get. Which isn't much at this point, except holding off on the accusations and rumormongering. I don't see how those things are helping to solve the case. I see them more as spiteful venting. And gossiping.

And if Arlene (who I believe you were referring to) was interfering with the case, then why hasn't LE stopped her? Law enforcement has a lot of authority. I fully believe that if they felt Arlene was interfering with an open investigation that they would have done something about it by now.

No, actually I don't think we've heard much from Arlene lately, although yes, I do think she was hurting the investigation while having the best intentions all along. I was not referring to her, because to my knowledge she has already stopped for now. And the question of why hasn't LE stopped it was exactly one of my questions. I think they must have a reason; I just don't know what it is.

Ok, redirecting a bit here folks....

How can we help locate Gail??

What direction was she headed when she left SM?
Did she leave SM?
Did she change anything about her vehicle that might be noteworthy in locating it?

Remember ya'll- this is a missing person. A missing mom to two children. A missing wife- a missing friend- a missing daughter-a missing sister.

Gail- where are you? So many people are concerned about you.

Let's all take a look at the maps again, and see what we can glean from them; and from Gail leaving SM from different locations on SM? TIA everyone!

Did she leave SM?
Did she change anything about her vehicle that might be noteworthy in locating it?

Remember ya'll- this is a missing person. A missing mom to two children. A missing wife- a missing friend- a missing daughter-a missing sister.

Let's all take a look at the maps again, and see what we can glean from them; and from Gail leaving SM from different locations on SM? TIA everyone!

Okay. I was thinking earlier today, does anyone know where Gail traveled when she was working for the pharmaceutical company? I mean, what was her route? Was it just the states in this area or did she travel across the country? Any ideas? I'm trying, but it's really hard. I think she definitely made it off the mountain, just not sure how far. I just keep thinking that Jeep has to be under water.

Did she leave SM?

:clap: :goodpost:

Oriah, I agree. But part of my point is that the energy we are pouring into anger with Matt and with law enforcement isn't helping.

Matt's going to continue to be silent and do what his lawyer says. I think that is a given.

I also think it's a given that the public isn't going to control what LE does.

So my question would be, what could be reasons for LE's behavior on this case besides irresponsibility or indifference? Could there be an explanation that makes sense? And the family. We know they love her and are heartbroken over this case. They filed court papers quickly to try to intervene for the children. They aren't indifferent here. So what could be the reason they aren't doing the things that so many people THINK they should be doing?

I think that might make all the difference in the world as to which direction to be looking.

Okay. I was thinking earlier today, does anyone know where Gail traveled when she was working for the pharmaceutical company? I mean, what was her route? Was it just the states in this area or did she travel across the country? Any ideas? I'm trying, but it's really hard. I think she definitely made it off the mountain, just not sure how far. I just keep thinking that Jeep has to be under water.

That's a really good question, Melodie. Pharmacetical reps tend to have specific routes (or states/regions) that they work in. Have we checked all of those?

According to Arlene, this $17K was sent in the form of a cashier's check to her sister to hold for her. It was estimated, according to Arlene, to be approximately 6 months living expenses and a 'first payment' for a divorce attorney. IMHO, divorce attorneys charge $7,500 or so to begin the proceedings. I'm sure the attorney fee varies.

I'm surprised they haven't located her vehicle as well.

I think if the husband and his attorney want LE and the public to stop looking at the husband as the POSSIBLE cause of Gail's disappearance, he should talk to LE without going THROUGH his attorney and let LE talk to the kids.

Sorry, he's acting like he has something to hide. Until then,.....................

The idea is for LE to eliminate him. He hasn't cooperated to the fullest, or at least enough to think he did not do anything to his missing wife.

JMHO
fran

No, LE hasn't come out and said they have fully cleared him per se- have they. They also stated that foul play has not been ruled out. As usual in dealing with a missing person's case....much valuable time was lost in the beginning. I only hope the financials and any devices they (LE) can finally get their hands on provide enough info. I hope they find enough to bring the FBI in...because it involves potentially so many states.

IMO, if GP has disappeared on her own, and the Jeep still missing, she had to have a very good plan ahead of time and some help.....and maybe a stash of cash. Since she was working with a PI and her intent was to get her ducks in a row for the upcoming divorce..(kids in counseling, move to AL, etc) I don't think she was planning a self disappearing act. IMO

Oriah, I agree. But part of my point is that the energy we are pouring into anger with Matt and with law enforcement isn't helping.

Matt's going to continue to be silent and do what his lawyer says. I think that is a given.

I also think it's a given that the public isn't going to control what LE does.

So my question would be, what could be reasons for LE's behavior on this case besides irresponsibility or indifference? Could there be an explanation that makes sense? And the family. We know they love her and are heartbroken over this case. They filed court papers quickly to try to intervene for the children. They aren't indifferent here. So what could be the reason they aren't doing the things that so many people THINK they should be doing?

I think that might make all the difference in the world as to which direction to be looking.

BBM: I totally agree, Pearl.

Just wanted to redirect toward locating Gail.
There are a couple things missing to me. Is there a date on her last known cell ping? It seems like she could have been coming (or going) from SM.

There are not that many routes she could have taken if leaving the mountain. Many more (up until SM itself) if she were returning from AL.

So for myself- I guess it boils down to the mountain- the cell pings- and the last seen location.

Okay. I was thinking earlier today, does anyone know where Gail traveled when she was working for the pharmaceutical company? I mean, what was her route? Was it just the states in this area or did she travel across the country? Any ideas? I'm trying, but it's really hard.

That's a really good question, Melodie. Pharmacetical reps tend to have specific routes (or states/regions) that they work in. Have we checked all of those?

She traveled to Alabama and Florida.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

IMO, if GP has disappeared on her own, and the Jeep still missing, she had to have a very good plan ahead of time and some help.....and maybe a stash of cash. Since she was working with a PI and her intent was to get her ducks in a row for the upcoming divorce..(kids in counseling, move to AL, etc) I don't think she was planning a self disappearing act. IMO

I was amazed at how quick and easy it is to find a plethora of info on the net on how to disappear. If that's what Gail was looking to do, she'd have had no problems finding out how. Lots of info out there on books to read on it too that she could have easily gone to a library to read up.

Here's just a small sampling of what I found on how to disappear, including how to get rid of your car, how to avoid being tracked by a PI, how to live without using credit cards or identity, and more.

Vanishing Point: How to disappear in America without a trace
http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/vanish.htm

How to Ditch Big Brother and Disappear Forever
http://lifehacker.com/5676149/how-to-ditch-big-brother-and-disappear-forever

Frank M. Ahearn - How To Disappear
There are Three Keys to Disappearing
http://www.frankahearn.com/keystodisappearing.html

I found the info about getting rid of your car by leaving it where and in a manner a chop shop would get hold of it particularly interesting, in light of all the posts there have been regarding chop shop activity in the area.

After sitting and thinking about this case for hours, I have decided that I completely agree with Emeralgem and snowbunny, there very well may have been foul play involved. Gail has been gone a long time, and I think had she needed a break she would have surely felt like coming home by now.

However, I am inclined to believe that AD or the siblings are the ones that are hiding something.

AD is constanty talking, constantly bashing and accusing Matt. I think she may be trying to divert attention from herself. First we have the run Gail made to Birmingham around Easter. Of course the police report hasn't been released to the public, but we know that Gail ran away from the lake where AD was and to the other people in Birmingham. It also seems so odd that on the 30th, Gail called Diane in NY multiple times, she talked with LE on signal Mtn. She even, according to some people, called Matt, but she CHOSE NOT TO CALL her self proclaimed best friend AD? (who btw she had plans with that day and who lived close to where she was?). Makes no sense. Either Gail had to have some mental issues going on which really affected her judgement, or maybe she was trying to sneak away from AD. If AD's statements are true, then she was very involved in Gails life. She also was pushing Gail to do things, i.e. get a PI, put a tracer on Matts car (which I think is illegal), file for divorce. Maybe Gail got tired of being pushed. AD has stated that Gail was afraid of Matt. If she were that afraid of Matt, there's no way she would run away from her best friend (without telling her) and back to SM and Matt (calling him to let him know she was coming) and then leave the kids there with him. Absolutely no way on this earth a mother would do that if she were afraid of the father/husband. So again, that doesn't make sense.

Except that Gail called police when she was "running back to Matt." She wanted the police to be there when she got to the home. That tells me she was afraid of him and didn't want to be alone with him. If she was scared THAT DOES MAKE SENSE.

BBM: I totally agree, Pearl.

Just wanted to redirect toward locating Gail.
There are a couple things missing to me. Is there a date on her last known cell ping? It seems like she could have been coming (or going) from SM.

There are not that many routes she could have taken if leaving the mountain. Many more (up until SM itself) if she were returning from AL.

So for myself- I guess it boils down to the mountain- the cell pings- and the last seen location.

Date of last cell activity (article doesn't specifiy if it was a ping, a call, a text or what) was on May 2.

If Gail tossed her phone out the window, and kept on driving, she could be anywhere, right? And if she disappeared by her own choice, particularly if she looked up info on the net or at a library in books, that's exactly what she'd have done, because she'd have known she could be tracked by the pings.

Pearl*;6929357]I feel much worse for the children than for Matt. An overly stressed parent is operating at less than 1/2 speed. I'm not saying he didn't bring a lot on himself. I'm just saying I think it's been made worse than it had to be if the real goal is to investigate the case and even pressure law enforcement to do more.

Sorry, no hyberbole here. Between Jammer, Susan Murphy Milano, and Facebook, I think the description was accurate. They all qualify as media, in my opinion, and there are probably other media outlets I know nothing of.

I agree that MSM has been much kinder than the other sources I mentioned. I also agree that the kids are hurting terribly over Gail's disappearance and all the uncertainty associated with it. I do think, however, that the parent who is with them right now needs all the help he can get. Which isn't much at this point, except holding off on the accusations and rumormongering. I don't see how those things are helping to solve the case. I see them more as spiteful venting. And gossiping.

No, actually I don't think we've heard much from Arlene lately, although yes, I do think she was hurting the investigation while having the best intentions all along. I was not referring to her, because to my knowledge she has already stopped for now. And the question of why hasn't LE stopped it was exactly one of my questions. I think they must have a reason; I just don't know what it is.

He could alleviate much of his stress, the accusations and rumormungering by talking to LE and getting any knowledge he may have off his mind. Same for the real goal to investigate. LE wants to talk to him...so he's the only one holding up their likely #1 goal. His choice.

If it wasn't for certain people caring about Gail and being a voice for her, we wouldn't be this far along. I truly believe that. Not wanting to get into politics here, but LE is a branch of the govenment, and we the people run that government. The MSM is reporting on the case....giving a microphone per se, to the family and to those who are speaking for a Gail who can not. The press can be used to pressure LE...and LE can in turn use the press to place pressure on other's as well. Happens all the time.

I don't know if AD has hurt the investigation into GP's disappearce, but seriously, how does that differ from her own husband's non action....???? AD's trying to fill a void with information...what has MP done to help the investigation? ...and I don't think finding Gail was/is on MM's list of first priorities.

Maybe it wasn't MP who harmed Gail, directly or indirectly, but he has done nothing in my eyes to distance himself from that speculation....nor apparently in LE's.

JMO

I was amazed at how quick and easy it is to find a plethora of info on the net on how to disappear. If that's what Gail was looking to do, she'd have had no problems finding out how. Lots of info out there on books to read on it too that she could have easily gone to a library to read up.

Here's just a small sampling of what I found on how to disappear, including how to get rid of your car, how to avoid being tracked by a PI, how to live without using credit cards or identity, and more.

Vanishing Point: How to disappear in America without a trace
http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/vanish.htm

How to Ditch Big Brother and Disappear Forever
http://lifehacker.com/5676149/how-to-ditch-big-brother-and-disappear-forever

Frank M. Ahearn - How To Disappear
There are Three Keys to Disappearing
http://www.frankahearn.com/keystodisappearing.html

I found the info about getting rid of your car by leaving it where and in a manner a chop shop would get hold of it particularly interesting, in light of all the posts there have been regarding chop shop activity in the area.

I live in a city, and all I would have to do is go to a certain area and leave my keys in the car. Though it would prolly take awhile for my putt putt to grow on someone. ;) No Hummer or Rubicon here.

If Gail had done all of this research into leaving, why all the calls to LE...especially the last one? Would she really want LE to be part of that ruse? I haven't read any of the above mentioned books, but I truly doubt and would do a jaw drop, if any recommended contacting LE. :waitasec:

- For a while, I too found Arlene's statements consistent. With the last two Jammer interviews, I saw inconsistencies/conflicts.

- Once Gail got to Birmingham, Arlene said she told her she was coming up to Birmingham to meet her the next day, and that Gail agreed. Arlene said the next morning about 11, Gail said she was instead headed back to SM. There were several instances in which Arlene said Gail agreed to plans, then did something else instead.

- In the Jammer interview, Arlene said that she'd not received any indication on the 30th that Gail had tried to call her. It looks from what you posted that Arlene said earlier that she did receive indication Gail called her. Do you remember what interview or article that was in? TIA

- I don't know where it came from that Gail and the kids were supposed to see the foal on the 30th, but it keeps coming up as something Gail didn't do on the 30th. In Arlene's Jammer interview, she said they all did go to see the foal on the night of the 29th.

- No mystery to me about who talked to Gail. According to Matt's own sworn affidavit, it was he who talked to Gail, and proposed that they meet back at the SM house. This keeps coming up that nobody knows why Gail went back to SM. Matt's statement is an indication to me of why. There could, of course, have been some other phone call from someone else, or some other reason Gail decided to go back, but I'm really thinking that conversation with Matt - unknown which of them called which to initiate the conversation - had at least something to do with her decision to go back to SM.

As an aside, that he said himself, in a sworn document, that he proposed Gail come back to SM, gets added to my list of things Matt has done that qualify him for stupidest murderer ever to walk the earth, if indeed he murdered Gail, or was involved with her murder, if indeed she has been murdered, which according to LE, there's no evidence of at all.

Another champion level run-on sentence. :)

BeanE, I will have to spend some time going through what I have and the interviews to give you a clear answer. I am running out of time this evening, but will have your answers tomorrow. :)

The best place to hide is always in the open....just my opinion. Not saying AD had anything to do with it but it's always been said the best place to hide is in the open...MP in not in the open and everyone is pointing fingers at him....and for that reason (among other ones)

I have not posted in awhile due to some family issues and all but have been keeping up on this ---just can't believe there is no new news!

I wonder if they have checked the vacant house across the street? Pretty out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand