TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The divorce issue between Matt and Gail-is there independent verification of this? I mean, we know that neither appears to have retained an attorney for the divorce prior to her disappearance. Did any of her written communication indicate that she was planning on doing this, or is this hearsay so to speak? I mean, MP indicated that he was planning on separating from her, correct, and that they were going to tell the kids....and I know that many are not ready to take his words as gospel. Did Gail indicate to anyone other than Arlene that she was going to take this action?

I don't recall any reports from anyone else but Arlene that Gail said she was planning on a divorce or separation. But heck, I think it's April, so don't count on me. :floorlaugh:

I am just trying to sort out what we can confirm vs what cannot be confirmed if that makes any sense.

I am just trying to sort out what we can confirm vs what cannot be confirmed if that makes any sense.

Believe09 I think Diane mentioned in one of the very early MSM there was marital problems, but she didn't use the word divorce.

Sorry it is late here in Oz and I just couldn't find the link to the article.

Believe09 I think Diane mentioned in one of the very early MSM there was marital problems, but she didn't use the word divorce.

Sorry it is late here in Oz and I just couldn't find the link to the article.

That's in the 6:30am phone call article IIRC.

And that reminds me. There's that article in which Diane says they had filed for separation. Let me find it.

ETA: Here it is

05/16/2011 9:41 AM

Nichols says Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation.

http://m.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

It's not a quote, and this was after the date (May 6) when Matt had filed for separation, so I think the reporter may have misunderstood. I dunno.

snowbunny..... I am sorry to hear that you and your children ever had to deal with that. It breaks my heart. Was there patterns of physical abuse in your marriage ? or more verbal abuse. If you do not want to open those memeories please do not and forget i asked

Yes, it was in one of the SMM interviews, the second one I think. She said it was a room in the house. She'd been in the house 2 weeks before and there was no lock on the room door, and when she went into the house after Gail disappeared, there was a padlock on the door, and she broke it off and went in the room.

She had permission.

I thought it was the outside door lock, and after she removed it, she discovered the lock on the crawl space/storage door? IIRC, she called LE and they told her since she had a key to the house, she could take the lock off.

If Gail had been driving on 4/30 and had some accident and her car wound up submerged in a creek, her cell phone would probably have been waterlogged and not been able to ping on 5/2, no?

If the Jeep rolled and the phone went out a window prior to hitting the water, or in the case of suicide, if Gail tossed the phone out the window, e.g., perhaps in anger or deciding not to call someone for help, prior to the Jeep hitting the water.

Both improbable but possible.

She had permission.

I thought it was the outside door lock, and after she removed it, she discovered the lock on the crawl space/storage door? IIRC, she called LE and they told her since she had a key to the house, she could take the lock off.

I recall her saying that she called LE and asked if, since she had a key, she could go in the house, and she said LE said yes. I don't recall her saying LE told her she could break the lock. She certainly may have said that - I just don't recall it atm. But again, I think it's April this morning. :)

ETA: 2nd SMM interview @ 38:10

It sounds like it is a crawlspace, and that when Arlene called LE, she told them she wanted to go in the crawlspace, and LE did give permission for both the house and the crawlspace, in fact, Arlene says LE looked in it too.

Arlene says you go through one locked door, turn a corner, and there's a padlock on a door that's nothing but a dirt crawlspace.

If the Jeep rolled and the phone went out a window prior to hitting the water, or in the case of suicide, if Gail tossed the phone out the window, e.g., perhaps in anger or deciding not to call someone for help, prior to the Jeep hitting the water.

Both improbable but possible.

Or Gail's phone was with her on the 30th in the Jeep; but not in the same location as the Jeep on the 2nd...

This is where I'm almost tempted to want a human HomeAgain chip.

I don't understand the questioning of confirmation of Gail seeking a divorce? I would think LE would be putting her (AD) on a POI list if it wasn't true with everything from the documents to the PI being discussed. ??? Why would she hire the PI...if not for the pending divorce...and Di said she was trying to gather info. AD and Di didn't let alot of info "out of the bag" in the beginning when speaking to the media. I think Di knew of the PI also, but just never mentioned it.

Quick timeline question. I've got Sunday May 8 as the day Diane and Kevin came to SM.

For some reason though, I've got it in the back of my head that one or both of them came to town on Fri May 6. I can't find anything that says that.

Does May 6 ring a bell for the day they came to town for anyone else?

snowbunny..... I am sorry to hear that you and your children ever had to deal with that. It breaks my heart. Was there patterns of physical abuse in your marriage ? or more verbal abuse. If you do not want to open those memeories please do not and forget i asked

In my case my ex-husband wasn't verbally or physically abusive, but he did have a violent temper and broke things. He was very secretive and a cheater. He molested our son. In the beginning he brought me the world and showed me with flowers and gifts. He would throw a hissy fit if I wasn't with him 24/7, but as soon as we got married he and I was pregnant he didn't want anything more to do with me. Both of us owned our own home, but when we got married he chose to live in my home and he let his home sit empty for almost 2 years paying out $1200 per month house payments and I was expected to pay for everything else. He used his money to buy mutual funds, stocks, and bonds. Before I could retire from the Air Force he pulled an assignment to Knoxville, TN, and I had to stay behind because I had a year to go before I could retire. Before he left for TN I found out he had run up all his credit cards to the max and I have no earthly idea what he charged on those cards, but luckily for me he had a CD that he could cash and I made him pay everything off and take my name off everything he had that was associated with his finances. I had already suspected that he was cheating and after he moved to TN I hired a PI down there that proved he was and I filed for a divorce up north, but he talked me out of it and I eventually joined him in TN when I retired. He was always going to seek marriage counseling, but that turned out to be a big joke and never happened. I wasn't in TN a month before I started receiving phone calls from his girlfriends during the day when he was at work and he even allowed one of them befriend me and come into our house for two weeks under an assumed name before I started putting two and two together. I had my PI run the license plates and I was right. That girl stalked me and my kids for over 4 years. It wasn't until the day I moved that my neighbor told me that girl had been living with my husband in our house months prior to me move me and kids to TN in the first place. That girl and her friends were the ones that did all the dirty work for my now ex-husband. They broke into my house several times when we were gone, they did everything in their power to run me off the road on several ocassions and the girl tried to abduct my son. It wasn't until we went to court to finalize the divorce that she found out that she too had been played by my husband. I got the priviledge to introduce her to my husband's wife who he had married a few years before in another state and before we were legally divorced. My husband didn't come across state line into TN when I was granted my divorce because he would have gone to prison. I was granted everything but by the time all the stocks and bonds were turned over to me he had liquidated everything including my childrens' bank accounts and their mutual funds. Each of the kids had mutual funds that were valued at over $35000 each when they were liquidated and I had three kids. That divorce cost me over $75000 just for my attorney alone and no telling what it cost him and he went through 7 attorneys to fight me. I was just grateful to be able to sell my house down there, get rid of my husband and go back up north where I knew my kids would be safe. I barely weighed 100 pounds at the time I left TN. I was nothing more than a walking skeleton, I had a bleeding ulcer and my nerves were gone, but I was safe and so were my children. My ex-husband always had someone else do his dirty work for him. And yes, he did pay someone to get rid of me when I went over to Korea on business, but the guy ripped him off and sent me home safe and sound and kept the money.

I don't understand the questioning of confirmation of Gail seeking a divorce? I would think LE would be putting her (AD) on a POI list if it wasn't true with everything from the documents to the PI being discussed. ??? Why would she hire the PI...if not for the pending divorce...and Di said she was trying to gather info. AD and Di didn't let alot of info "out of the bag" in the beginning when speaking to the media. I think Di knew of the PI also, but just never mentioned it.

We have a lot of people saying a lot of things-it seems fair to see what we can confirm and what can be contributed to single sources. For example, MP said his wife was (paraphrase) crazy. LE seems to have refuted that consistently, and LE trumps imo. But in the absence of that, there has to be some yardstick right? At least for me. :)

I have seen the words separation and divorce mentioned, but I havent seen any evidence that a formal separation or a divorce process was begun prior to her disappearance. We have been told Gail had a PI. Why was she/he hired? Was he accumulating info on an affair etc, or something else? I would love to know this.

Snowbunny, I am so sorry for your experiences. Words fail me. ((hugs))

We have a lot of people saying a lot of things-it seems fair to see what we can confirm and what can be contributed to single sources. For example, MP said his wife was (paraphrase) crazy. LE seems to have refuted that consistently, and LE trumps imo. But in the absence of that, there has to be some yardstick right? At least for me. :)

I have seen the words separation and divorce mentioned, but I havent seen any evidence that a formal separation or a divorce process was begun prior to her disappearance. We have been told Gail had a PI. Why was she/he hired? Was he accumulating info on an affair etc, or something else? I would love to know this.

Arlene and the sister have said there was a "separation" - and of course, that's not the same as having a legal document.

I wish, if Gail had an attorney somewhere that they would come forward, but she is considered still alive and therefore we have attorney-client privilege. I would think that LE may know who her attorney is, if she had one. I hope she did.

We don't even know for sure that she had a PI - who is it? When the searches were done at MP's mother's house, his PI was there, but no mention of Gail's PI.

I think it would make sense for Gail to hire both a lawyer and a PI, but beyond hearsay there's just no proof that these people exist. That's not to say I don't believe AD or the sister, because I really want to believe them. But as far as rock-hard proof - no.

Let me try this again and see if I can get the right month :floorlaugh:

Coming up in 1 1/2 hours from the time of this post:

Arlene Durham interview on The Roth Show

Wed 7/27 7-8:00pm EST

Direct link to show: http://therothshow.com/

Call in number 1-877-999-ROTH (7684)

From 7:00 PM- 8:00 PM eastern time, Doug Hagmann and Susan Murphy Milano will be discussing the case of missing mother from Signal Mountain, TN, Gail Nowacki Palmgren.

Arlene Durham will be joining the discussion tonight to update the public on any new developments in the case.

Show information: http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/07/roth-show-intimate-partner-homicide.html

Ten minutes to showtime.

My notes on Arlene's interview Wed July 27 The Roth Show w/SMM and Hagman.

Arlene: Gail confronted Matt on Apr 26th when Matt called her. She told him she was going to divorce him, had proof, had a PI, argued about who was getting what, Matt said to his gf on the way back from Pennsylvania he was going to get all the cash out of the accounts.

Arlene: Gail was going to hire an attorney in Alabama.

Arlene: Matt's documents say - Aderall - psychotic

SMM: Gail had ADD diagnosed at 16 yrs old

Arlene: Arlene puts face recognition on her computer that she loaned to Gail.

SMM just won't let Arlene talk. Keeps interrupting, even when Hagman asks question of Arlene, SMM interrupts and says no this other thing is important. Sheesh.

Arlene: Matt was supposed to be in Minn but went to Penn instead to buy Tammy a car.

Arlene: Matt told Gail you're not getting anything, the house, the kids, the money, nothing. Gail panicked when Matt came home early on Apr 29th. Arlene gets cut off to go to a commercial.

Arlene: Says Matt's PI Mike Mathis used to work for Hamilton County Sheriff's Office. (My note: He didn't. He worked for approx 27 years for CHATTANOOGA Police Dept. It's all over the internet.)

SMM: Tammy hired an attorney because she's received numerous threats.

SMM: Gail talked to family members and police all the way home telling them someone was following her. (My note: Huh? And LE didn't come out to follow Gail and catch them?? REALLY??? And none of those relatives did anything for 48 hours? REALLY??? Wowzer.)

SMM: Gail called police and told them Matt wasn't at the house, and for LE to call Matt and tell him the kids were there, and then Gail speeds off. (My note: this is great! Then Gail MUST have told LE where she was going!)

(My note: You CAN NOT find a missing person by making up your own stories about what happened to them. You might sell more books that way, but you sure as heck won't find the missing person. Poor, poor Gail.)

ETA: Not a single mention of what the Sheriff said day before yesterday:

"There's nothing at this point to indicate that anything nefarious has occurred," Hammond told Channel 3.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15144246/fbi-now-looking-at-gail-palmgren-disappearance

Well, I missed the first few minutes, but I think it was a great interview. I guess it takes someone who has been through these terrible tragedies in their own life to be able to relate and have such a desire to help others in similar situations. How sad this case is and so very obvious. I am hoping and praying they will find something soon or someone will start talking, which is what I believe is going to happen here. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3