TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 5 miles or so as the crow flies I believe.

Is this correct? The lunchbox was found 8 miles from the house if you follow roads? If so, do we know if the significant item found today was farther away than the lunchbox? I was thinking that might show which way they were traveling.

April 24, 2011 Easter Sunday

"Holly's parents said they wanted to thank those volunteers and officials face-to-face Sunday, and they tried. Dana and Karen Bobo made it as far as the search headquarters parking lot, but had to turn around.

"Dana and Karen thought they could come and talk to the volunteers, to thank them and talk to them some," said Bromely. "But it's just too much, too hard."

"I'm glad she didn't because I think it would have been too emotional for the volunteers too," said Adams. "And we already know they appreciate us."

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27654972/detail.html

If Eaton St. has any significance at all things really don't add up unless he back tracked which I would find to be unlikely. Her house to the lunch box to Eaton Street is one big triangle.

If Eaton St. has any significance at all things really don't add up unless he back tracked which I would find to be unlikely. Her house to the lunch box to Eaton Street is one big triangle.

I hope Hollye can update her map. It really helps!

Is this correct? The lunchbox was found 8 miles from the house if you follow roads? If so, do we know if the significant item found today was farther away than the lunchbox? I was thinking that might show which way they were traveling.

I believe so, I'm not in front of the map, course mind you "as the crow flies" and driving distance can be very different. IIRC the bag was found about 1/2 way between her house and the I40. That's off the top of my head though, so please, if someone is on here and looking at the map correct me! It could be 6 could be 8, just going off of memory right now.

A group of volunteers walking along U.S. 641/Tenn. 69 today found an item near 100 Eaton St. as searchers combed the terrain in northern Decatur County on foot in the hunt for missing nursing student Holly Bobo

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110424/NEWS25/110424003/Item-found-search-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=tab

Does anyone know how close to I-40 the lunch box was found? Wondering about in relation to latest item(s).

I do believe, correct me if I am wrong but from Parsons to I-40 is only 15-20 minutes away. My first thought when I heard about the abduction is that they were probably headed that way. Get out of town. I think the captor has taken her to his home in some remote area of God knows where, and is keeping this poor child for his own pleasure. I truly hope my visions are wrong but my daughter told me stories of her abduction that I won't share here. I picture her with a loner, a smart, above average intelligent person. He is someone that she may, or may not have have a conversation with. He has fantasized about her since he first laid eyes on her. I honestly do not think he wants to hurt her...whatever that means, I think you know what I mean. God help this girl! He is keeping her as a trophy. He has won, and he thinks he is smarter than LE. He is not missed by anyone because he pretty much lived out in the sticks to begin with. I do think he lives within a days drive of her home. He had no problem tracking her to where she lived and observing this family's schedule. There are so many different types of stalkers...I will provide a great link if I may in a moment. I am trying to get inside his head right now. He is living his perfect fantasy right now, although I can only hope he knows that the entire world is watching and he drops her off somewhere and lets her come home. He is a nut! I cannot believe this story, it is mind boggling! Here is a great link for info on this type of character...http://www.esia.net/Common_Traits_of_Stalkers.htm

When u drop Eaton on the map, so weird, doesn't make sense. So, let's see, either the info on the lunchbox was wrong.... the item on eaton isn't connected..... at least some of these items have been planted.... the guy was driving in circles...... or what????

ALL JUST SPECULATION ON MY PART. Again, color me confused.

When u drop Eaton on the map, so weird, doesn't make sense. So, let's see, either the info on the lunchbox was wrong.... the item on eaton isn't connected..... at least some of these items have been planted.... the guy was driving in circles...... or what????

I've been just thinking and assuming Eaton St. has some significance. There is quite a bit around the area. Funeral home, cemetery, tree service, etc. The first thing I would think is it's not some place he randomly chose for a stage of his crime. He could either work around there or have visited there multiple times that would cause him to be comfortable with the location in his head.

My idea of a triangle makes more sense if you imagine it the other way around instead. Holly's house -> Eaton St. -> lunch box. Of course we still don't know what, if any, significance Eaton St. has but if he takes her there, switches vehicles or rapes her or disposes of his camo and Holly's belongings or what ever was 2nd on his agenda, and then drives north on 69 it makes a lot more sense. He realizes that he/she left her lunch bag in the back of the car and a piece of duct tape fell off and is on his floor/seat. On the way back to his house or hideout he tosses the two out the window himself as he fears a road block could be ahead and they'd see the two in his car.

Looks like it. I was trying to drive it in my head and I feel like I am doing a dot-to-dot. Seriously.

Bingo! Driving in circles has crossed my mind several times. I know! What??? Did someone plant this stuff? May be...Well thought out abduction. I think this guy is very, very smart! Scary stuff.

Bingo! Driving in circles has crossed my mind several times. I know! What??? Did someone plant this stuff? May be...Well thought out abduction. I think this guy is very, very smart! Scary stuff.

That worries me though. If he spent a lot of time driving around planting things, where was Holly during this time??

I know it is an unpopular opinion but I don't think they know much about this guy. They seem to be guessing that he is driving her in a car now, but if they knew who he was, they should know if he and his car have been missing all this time. They seem to be taking their lead from the items they are finding and that could all be a ruse.

What about airports? Small ones? Are there any nearby or even private airstrips? We have a couple tiny airports here, and a couple small personal airstrips in places that no one would really think to look for an airport.

If things were to have drifted down from a plane, that's a whole new angle on how he might have gotten her away from the general area. Obviously he would have needed a vehicle to get her away from the house, at least I assume that he would have, but if he only had to drive her a couple miles and then take to the air...so much less risk than driving her all over the place, and less risk, to me, equals more chance that she is alive.

Sorry, the as the crow flies statement made an impact in my sleep deprived mind, and I'll shut up now.

All this speculation about the perp possibly planting the stuff has drained the hope out of me again : ( Unfortunately, it's looking more and more likely, unless he really did drive in circles for some reason.

If it's planted, the good part is that it would likely have some of his DNA or fingerprints on it. He may have worn gloves, but throughout this entire escapade, if he were really driving around planting items, you'd think at some point something would have transferred. Of course, this wouldn't do any good in terms of identifying him unless his DNA or prints were already on file or he happens to get picked up for something else.

I've been just thinking and assuming Eaton St. has some significance. There is quite a bit around the area. Funeral home, cemetery, tree service, etc. The first thing I would think is it's not some place he randomly chose for a stage of his crime. He could either work around there or have visited there multiple times that would cause him to be comfortable with the location in his head.

My idea of a triangle makes more sense if you imagine it the other way around instead. Holly's house -> Eaton St. -> lunch box. Of course we still don't know what, if any, significance Eaton St. has but if he takes her there, switches vehicles or rapes her or disposes of his camo and Holly's belongings or what ever was 2nd on his agenda, and then drives north on 69 it makes a lot more sense. He realizes that he/she left her lunch bag in the back of the car and a piece of duct tape fell off and is on his floor/seat. On the way back to his house or hideout he tosses the two out the window himself as he fears a road block could be ahead and they'd see the two in his car.

Doesn't her Dad work at a tree service company? I agree completely on the disposal of Holly's personal belongings in the car. Maybe she is in the trunk and he doesn't want anything visible inside the car? Just your average Joe in town persona...

What is the normal routine with trash in cases like this? I am very surprised about how much evidence they find in the trash some how. You'd think they'd be able to go to some remote location and throw it in a random dumpster and it'd never be found but it doesn't always work that way. You'd think they would have somebody monitoring that kind of thing, especially with her having multiple identifiable objects with her.

GreenGreen do you know what day the trash would have come in the nearby area?

Something tells me that he ditched her backpack, keys, cell phone, his camo, shoes etc in a dumpster some where between her house and his objective. On his way to the objective he realizes her lunch bag fell under the seat or he missed it along with the piece of duct tape that fell off of her and was now laying on his car. As I mentioned before, he fears a road block or being searched at some point or just wants to be extra cautious and throws the two of them out of the window along the way to his destination.

Doesn't her Dad work at a tree service company? I agree completely on the disposal of Holly's personal belongings in the car. Maybe she is in the trunk and he doesn't want anything visible inside the car? Just your average Joe in town persona...

Yup. Do we know exactly where he works or any connections he might have to that tree company? That would link the location to the victim's father meaning it's possible they knew of her through a co-worker (her dad) or what not. I found that he is self-employed but maybe he worked there before or something. Very interesting. The area looks decently populated so if they were both there while she was/is alive, I don't think they'd be there for any amount of time due to the possibility of her screaming and somebody hearing her etc. Could have been a place where they switched cars and he came back for the other later or he disposed of some evidence.

I am not confused!!! This is what I have thought all along. He secured her in a planned location close by then left a false trail! JMO of course. My theory is much the same as another poster. That he planned well and probably has moved her more than once or plans to move her when the heat dies down. I hope I am right because that does mean she is probably alive and well. I hope she is still close by and he has been unable to move her as planned.

OT I really am glad that we have some local posters here tonight because I sure have been wanting to personally compliment this community. You have all been amazing friends, neighbors and christians. Wonderful examples for humanity. I am so impressed!

Okay, I won't shut up now, LOL.

What if he did drive in circles? Seems like he would have jsut wanted to get her to his hisdeout and get on with it, BUT, what if he took her to his home and planned to keep her alive for a while or planned to let her go at some point?

If she were blindfolded in the backseat or locked in the trunk, he might have gone in circles to a) make sure that no one had seen and followed him and/or b) to confuse Holly as to where they went and how many turns and how far away he lived from her home.

That would imply that he's done this before or that he had a knowledge of basic forensics (not wanting his hideout to be located in the future), but it is something...maybe.
I've read of killers that did a lot of circuitous driving both with their victims still alive and after they were dead, including just throwing things randomly out car windows. (I think Keith Jesperson was one of them.) I'm not sure if it would fit into the profile of an abductor of an adult, even if he had no intention of killing her, but I'm trying to put myself in the perps shoes. I don't know whether I should feel bad or good that I am having only limited success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member