TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: If anything ever happens to me....I want Nurse, Will Nunley, Kimster, Grandmaj and Sarx on it. Just sayin. (thanks for all you do, but am serious)

Yeah, I'm right there with you redfish. I've been talking about planted evidence for days, but keep hoping something else is going to make sense.

We also need to keep in mind that with the mass amounts of people out there searching there may be 1 or 2 bad apples. There are always those that think it's "fun" to drop some duct tape, etc along the way. Please, I don't want this to become a distraction, but it is something that should stay tucked back in the back of your mind too.

Just throwing this out there...Let's say he did go to Eaton first, then threw out the lunchbox off the 69. Continued north on the 69 into Illinois. There is a very large area called Shawnee National Forest. Plenty of places to hide her there, camp out. It's a 3 hour drive. Not that far.

We also need to keep in mind that with the mass amounts of people out there searching there may be 1 or 2 bad apples. There are always those that think it's "fun" to drop some duct tape, etc along the way. Please, I don't want this to become a distraction, but it is something that should stay tucked back in the back of your mind too.

And those that just plain forget. I can't tell you how many cigarrette butts I picked up, candy wrappers I disposed of, chewed gum I tossed in the trash in the last search I was on because people just forget the "Don't leave anything" rule. If a lot of the searchers use duct tape while hunting and just peel it off when they are done...it gets to be a habit and habits are hard to break, especially when you are focused on something totally different.

ETA: To clarify, I only tossed those that I directly saw other searchers drop, everything else I left. Just to be clear, LOL.

Not absolutely sure this is an approved site, but I think it's ok. I've just not heard of it before,so mods feel free to delete if needed.

News Channel 5 - Posted: Apr 24, 2011 5:38 PM EDT

"A sunrise service in Decatur County brought Holly Bobo's supporters together to pray for her safe return
The focus Sunday was on Holladay Road which connects Bobo's home where she was abducted and last seen alive to Interstate 40. Investigators believe the man who took her might have tried to get to the interstate as quickly as possible and that clues might lie on the side of the road. Volunteers search for anything that might have been thrown out the window or any item of Bobo's that might lead them deeper into a section of woods.

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties.

"There is a method to the madness. It's hard to do, but we got it going," said Greer.

http://www.diigo.com/bookmark/http:...-on-easter-sunday?tab=people&uname=casesignal

Above Enlarged in Red by me.. Something of importance that I noticed upon first reading Greer's statement is that IMO this is most likely listing what it is she most likely had in her possession at the time she went missing..or atleast the items for which they cannot account for their where beings..These items are among those most important that I have been wondering were they recovered still at the scene[the Bobo residence] or did infact she have all of these items still with her when she was abducted?? and thus far have had no way of knowing..

With Greer outright listing these exact items that I have been wondering about.. such as her purse...her bag[most likely a book bag of sorts IMO]..her keys to her car[I have been wondering if the keys were possibly found in the car?..meaning that she had made it as far as to open the car and possibly even have put them into the ignition??..]..and her jewelry[which I know there are several other posters that have been curious just as I as to was Holly wearing jewelry and if she was then what type{earrings..necklace..etc..etc..]..

I think it is quite likely after having read the above statements made by LE in listing out Holly's personal items that possibly could have been tossed by her or the perp while in the get away vehicle headed toward I40..that she most likely did infact disappear with all of the items most likely in her possession..

I know it is not set in stone as fact but rather just some thoughts of my own that it is indeed quite possible that those items listed specifically by Greer are the actual items that are being thought to have been in her possession at the time of the disappearance..IYKWIM??

I personally have not thought that the family knows this guy. My theory is that he is just really smart and perhaps has other reasons besides this one to not be caught. I think he may have been hiding out for a long time and his survival really does depend on not being noticed. IF so he would secure her somewhere close at first to not be traveling when she is being sought so closely. But... if in fact he is a real local that would also mean he would have a close location to take her to right away, and would hope he would not be suspected. kwim??

Yup. Do we know exactly where he works or any connections he might have to that tree company? That would link the location to the victim's father meaning it's possible they knew of her through a co-worker (her dad) or what not. I found that he is self-employed but maybe he worked there before or something. Very interesting. The area looks decently populated so if they were both there while she was/is alive, I don't think they'd be there for any amount of time due to the possibility of her screaming and somebody hearing her etc. Could have been a place where they switched cars and he came back for the other later or he disposed of some evidence.

I do not know where he works, only that he works for a tree service company per all news outlets. Don't know if he is employed with a company or self employed. I don't think anyone would have taken her onto the property during work hours, but you never know! LE is dealing with a very brazen individual here...

The fact that they were searching the roadway in front of UT Parsons Campus tells me that they have strong feelings that either:
A. This guy goes there
B. He stalked Holly there
C. Someone saw something/someone suspicious there

Doesn't seem likely they would call a search on a Sunday evening if they didn't have a very strong lead.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

Good point Notmykids. I sometimes forget about the innocent, yet ignorant searchers. We are trained to be so overly cautious that we pocket check, pull hair up and wrap, etc, so it's generally not an issue, but you are right that is a very real problem.

Above Enlarged in Red by me.. Something of importance that I noticed upon first reading Greer's statement is that IMO this is most likely listing what it is she most likely had in her possession at the time she went missing..or atleast the items for which they cannot account for their where beings..These items are among those most important that I have been wondering were they recovered still at the scene[the Bobo residence] or did infact she have all of these items still with her when she was abducted?? and thus far have had no way of knowing..

With Greer outright listing these exact items that I have been wondering about.. such as her purse...her bag[most likely a book bag of sorts IMO]..her keys to her car[I have been wondering if the keys were possibly found in the car?..meaning that she had made it as far as to open the car and possibly even have put them into the ignition??..]..and her jewelry[which I know there are several other posters that have been curious just as I as to was Holly wearing jewelry and if she was then what type{earrings..necklace..etc..etc..]..

I think it is quite likely after having read the above statements made by LE in listing out Holly's personal items that possibly could have been tossed by her or the perp while in the get away vehicle headed toward I40..that she most likely did infact disappear with all of the items most likely in her possession..

I know it is not set in stone as fact but rather just some thoughts of my own that it is indeed quite possible that those items listed specifically by Greer are the actual items that are being thought to have been in her possession at the time of the disappearance..IYKWIM??

You are one of my favorite posters here Smooth, among others. Have wondered a lot of same...keys in ignition, anywhere? It is my thought, as well, that items were purposefully tossed. Initially I hoped for a trail that was never found. :rose:

My first thoughts of this guy are that he is a fugitive from past crimes, not necessarily sexual crimes. I think he is a radical...probably alot like uni-bomber. I bet he lives in the woods somewhere completely remote. Probably has bunker, under ground and lots of weapons. These types like isolation but they desire someone to hear them and get lonely. I bet he has military training. It takes alot to drag someone through the woods as quickly as he does. They have to stop and at least go to the bathroom. Urine would be a good thing to look for. I also keep remembering Elizabeth...and she said she could hear her searchers, but they just didnt go far enough. Keep going...further and further. He clearly can make good time evident by the location of the lunch box 8 miles away. He is dragging her behind him in a swift manner, not just hiking. I think she is alive and in the woods. Hes not going to take her and go through that just for a thrill kill. He is looking for a companion, until she becomes too much trouble. Hopefully she plays along with him psychologically. Law enforcement will know this man when he is found. He may even have been out of sight for many years. I would be curious to know if he had hair on his face...or clean shaven. I also heard he was "thin" which would make sense. He may have been stealing food, tools, wood, etc from this family for a long time and she was in the wrong place at wrong time. All this just my theory of course. God bless this family and I hope they get happy ending!

If she is leaving this trail, as some of the articles have eluded to, then he is the worst abductor ever. I mean, how could she be leaving that long of a crumb trail without him noticing?

If she is leaving this trail, as some of the articles have eluded to, then he is the worst abductor ever. I mean, how could she be leaving that long of a crumb trail without him noticing?

I agree. And, he seems pretty confident in not getting caught. Correct me if I'm wrong, but by looking at the pictures, it doesn't seem that Eaton Street is a secluded place where he wouldn't be seen planting whatever the "significant item" was.

I am thinking he did this after dark the night of the abduction. Surely not in daylight hours???

That worries me. He'd have to be not paying much attention, for her to drop all these little breadcrumbs. The alternative is that he's throwing things out the window one at a time, but that seems a little rediculous, why not just find a deep canal or a business dumpster, and get rid of it all. Would he really drive around in circles tossing things out the window?

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties."

Jason Greer is with Henderson County Rescue Squad. Something makes me think that the guys running the show from Holly's county may not be too pleased with this statement, which amounts to almost a release of information, way more than we've seen before now anyway.

Right sarx! So he's basically driving around same area in circles, and allowing her access to windows, etc. ):

That worries me. He'd have to be not paying much attention, for her to drop all these little breadcrumbs. The alternative is that he's throwing things out the window one at a time, but that seems a little rediculous, why not just find a deep canal or a business dumpster, and get rid of it all. Would he really drive around in circles tossing things out the window?

I'm thinking of all the scenarios. Add if you have others.

1. Holly is leaving a trail. (unlikely she would be able to get away with it)

2. The abductor is planting evidence. (spending a lot of time doing it in circles)

3. There is more than one person involved in the abduction. (??)

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties."

Jason Greer is with Henderson County Rescue Squad. Something makes me think that the guys running the show from Holly's county may not be too pleased with this statement, which amounts to almost a release of information, way more than we've seen before now anyway.

I actually think it tells us that the lunch bag was indeed thrown out of a vehicle after they completed testing that showed scrape marks and such consistent with what would be a trajectory instead of he or she dropping it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member