TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm right there with you redfish. I've been talking about planted evidence for days, but keep hoping something else is going to make sense.

~~~Bolded by me, respectfully

This also occurred to me, sarx, especially after we heard this afternoon (Sunday afternoon) that the accelerated urgency of increased searches came about after a phone tip.

I know that they did state that they had found a piece of potential evidence, but my understanding of the urgent rush out the door this afternoon was based on that phone call.

Who made the phone call? What did they say? How could someone on the phone know where a piece of evidence, or a potential trail, leading to Holly could be found?

The only way that makes sense to me is if the phone tip was anonymous, and that it came from the abductor--maybe he called in information to taunt law enforcement, or to lead them in the wrong direction, especially if he saw that searchers were getting close in other areas.

Unless, the abductor told someone else what he had done and where he had disposed of items or taken Holly.

Someone had to know something important and tangible that would help in the investigation in order for law enforcement to react in such an aggressive manner, right?

That worries me though. If he spent a lot of time driving around planting things, where was Holly during this time??

Have you ever seen the movie "The Vanishing?" This is almost exactly what this case reminds me of...He is not stupid! He lives very close to Parson's, if not in it, within a days drive. God, I pray so hard for Holly, every minute of every day! To answer your question, I believe she is either at his home confined, or somewhere in the woods...We certainly don't know exactly when these items were left...I feel in my heart she is close, but at least 50 to 100 miles from her home...I may be wrong, JMO. I'm just offering ideas, I just want her found safe!

Have you ever seen the movie "The Vanishing?" This is almost exactly what this case reminds me of...He is not stupid! He lives very close to Parson's, if not in it, within a days drive. God, I pray so hard for Holly, every minute of every day! To answer your question, I believe she is either at his home confined, or somewhere in the woods...We certainly don't know exactly when these items were left...I feel in my heart she is close, but at least 50 to 100 miles from her home...I may be wrong, JMO. I'm just offering ideas, I just want her found safe!

No, I haven't but I'll rent it now!

I have no psychic abilities that I am aware although (like many other women) I can give you the odds of a situation, romance outcome with approximately 98%..maybe even better as some have said. It's simple observation.

With Holly I feel there are only 2 potentials perps. Have never stated my feelings previously nor do I think I have any extra powers. It is either someone who knew, or thought he did, and wished to own/have her. Unless too much stress, or trouble she could still be with us.

My greater feeling is a person, or group that saw her on a previous morning (hunters from out of state). She is beautiful from near, and far.

Why do I feel strongly about a certain way I have no idea as I've never felt same about any other case. My hope is that is it the former as she may still be with us.

Hope I don't sound too out there, just do. Taking a chance here. Doubt you'll ever hear me say anything like this again on here...just feel very strongly about this. And I CARE that Holly is returned home. xoxo

I had always thought one abductor but for some reason, maybe because there was a second location with something significant, tonight I felt there may be more than one person involved. I don't think you are too out there.
Anything is possible.

I've seen both the original and Jeff Bridge's version - very disturbing movie!

IMO. And it's just my opinion. But I see more problems with massive public searches than I see helping. I can't think of any that located even remains. When that does happen it's based on specific intel and discovered by LE. I appreciate and am astounded by the turnout in this case. God bless everyone out there searching. But sadly it's not going to get the results we hope for.

IMO. And it's just my opinion. But I see more problems with massive public searches than I see helping. I can't think of any that located even remains. When that does happen it's based on specific intel and discovered by LE. I appreciate and am astounded by the turnout in this case. God bless everyone out there searching. But sadly it's not going to get the results we hope for.

It seems most of the time a common citizen walking a dog, a jogger/hiker, a farmer in his field/pasture, etc are the ones that find a body.

It seems most of the time a common citizen walking a dog, a jogger/hiker, a farmer in his field/pasture, etc are the ones that find a body.

While I am amazed at the love shown, and turnout of searchers in this small community, ITA. If not now...when? It is soo disheartening to me as I feel it sends the message that you CAN get away with it. As we've seen so many times it is just as you say: someone unknown to the case happens across remains.

The goods news is that after that many times cases are solved by this!
With much love to the Bobo family, and strength/endurance to the searchers.

I'm thinking of all the scenarios. Add if you have others.

1. Holly is leaving a trail. (unlikely she would be able to get away with it)

2. The abductor is planting evidence. (spending a lot of time doing it in circles)

3. There is more than one person involved in the abduction. (??)

If your #3 is right, they obviously don't need 80K, or they'd be turning on the main abductor in a heartbeat, provided they could work a deal for immunity of their part in this.

SuziQ- have you read the astros thread on the case? Not encouraging, and they've been so much on target so many times. I hate the thought, of the bad ending, esp. with all the community has invested in this. So sad, if it turns out bad.

nitey night folks, waaaay past my bedtime:)

If your #3 is right, they obviously don't need 80K, or they'd be turning on the main abductor in a heartbeat, provided they could work a deal for immunity of their part in this.

Smart thinking! Never thought of that!!

Good night all!

My first thoughts of this guy are that he is a fugitive from past crimes, not necessarily sexual crimes. I think he is a radical...probably alot like uni-bomber. I bet he lives in the woods somewhere completely remote. Probably has bunker, under ground and lots of weapons. These types like isolation but they desire someone to hear them and get lonely. I bet he has military training. It takes alot to drag someone through the woods as quickly as he does. They have to stop and at least go to the bathroom. Urine would be a good thing to look for. I also keep remembering Elizabeth...and she said she could hear her searchers, but they just didnt go far enough. Keep going...further and further. He clearly can make good time evident by the location of the lunch box 8 miles away. He is dragging her behind him in a swift manner, not just hiking. I think she is alive and in the woods. Hes not going to take her and go through that just for a thrill kill. He is looking for a companion, until she becomes too much trouble. Hopefully she plays along with him psychologically. Law enforcement will know this man when he is found. He may even have been out of sight for many years. I would be curious to know if he had hair on his face...or clean shaven. I also heard he was "thin" which would make sense. He may have been stealing food, tools, wood, etc from this family for a long time and she was in the wrong place at wrong time. All this just my theory of course. God bless this family and I hope they get happy ending!

From this comment and a few others I definitely believe this man is a threat to the community. So, why hasn't LE expressed this? Why aren't people being told to lock their doors and be on the lookout for him rather than to just ask the community to think back to someone who is acting strange or has had a vehicle washed?

Yup. Do we know exactly where he works or any connections he might have to that tree company? That would link the location to the victim's father meaning it's possible they knew of her through a co-worker (her dad) or what not. I found that he is self-employed but maybe he worked there before or something. Very interesting. The area looks decently populated so if they were both there while she was/is alive, I don't think they'd be there for any amount of time due to the possibility of her screaming and somebody hearing her etc. Could have been a place where they switched cars and he came back for the other later or he disposed of some evidence.

It is my understanding that the father is the owner of a tree service company.....I believe it is called Bobo Timber Service

Not too many cases I think this but I think there is a chance she could be alive and being held hostage by this person.

They found something significant according to the news.

They won't say, but something significant yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay