TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one red light. You know most of the people here. Law enforcement said it was someone in the community. I know I'm supposed to share that link but I don't know where it is. It has been stated multiple times.

Here it is, from a report today on ABC:

"The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. We feel the person is in the community."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-police-make-significant-find-hunt/story?id=13448569

My apologies, Charlisa. I meant to quote 3doglady's post. Here is the article she posted. Sorry for the confusion! But it does state what i said...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-police-make-significant-find-hunt/story?id=13448569

No need for apologies. We are all here trying to find out about Holly, that is what is important. I just thought I was going crazy and believe me, I don't have far to go lol. As far as ABC reporting about duct tape in the driveway, I know you and I have been here from the beginning and saw the video of them finding the duct tape and that definately was not in the Bobo's driveway. Maybe we should send ABC a copy of that video. Too many news stations trying to give "breaking news" and rushing without checking their facts IMO.

Take care & happy sleuthing :)

In other words, it wouldn't be unusual for someone (hunter) to be out in the woods near the house before daylight, therefore the abductor could've been waiting for a few hours watching the house, correct? MOO

I mean you don't sit there for hours waiting on the sun to come up. But if someone were there a few minutes before daybreak and was known to hunt in that area then no, that would not be unusual.

GG- Are locals surprised at how high the reward is?

Greengreen, do you know if they have the capability of using helicopters equipped with FLEER to detect body heat images after dark? Have they been flying at night?

Yes you need to be in the woods while the birds are still roosting. Otherwise your movement will scare them away.

Does the bf work because this was a weekday in the morning, or does he hunt before work/school?

If this town really is THAT small, is there only 1 or 2 stores that would sell duct tape in a 20 mile radius or what not? I doubt he bought it a day or two before but maybe a month or two before. I don't think much could come out of it even if they thought they knew which store the duct tape came from unless they could find transactions of things like duct tape, rope, gloves and other common restraining materials.

I would think they might be able to determine how old the duct tape is or how long it has been sitting around as well. I know most duct tape is sold in a plastic casing and as discussed, it may have picked up saw dust and other materials from sitting in a garage for awhile. The fact that it was sitting in the open kind of hurts that possibility though as dirt and other debris would naturally stick to it as it blew across the terrain.

I think they know if the duct tape came from Holly's mouth by now. Not only the hair but also small skin fragments should be stuck to it. Duct tape that had been applied as little as 5 minutes before hand is not going to come off that easy especially if it's stuck to her lips.

If this town really is THAT small, is there only 1 or 2 stores that would sell duct tape in a 20 mile radius or what not? I doubt he bought it a day or two before but maybe a month or two before. I don't think much could come out of it even if they thought they knew which store the duct tape came from unless they could find transactions of things like duct tape, rope, gloves and other common restraining materials.

I would think they might be able to determine how old the duct tape is or how long it has been sitting around as well. I know most duct tape is sold in a plastic casing and as discussed, it may have picked up saw dust and other materials from sitting in a garage for awhile. The fact that it was sitting in the open kind of hurts that possibility though as dirt and other debris would naturally stick to it as it blew across the terrain.

I think they know if the duct tape came from Holly's mouth by now. Not only the hair but also small skin fragments should be stuck to it. Duct tape that had been applied as little as 5 minutes before hand is not going to come off that easy especially if it's stuck to her lips.

Some people here commented that duct tape is used regularly for hunting. I do not hunt so I'm not sure in what capacity it's used, but somone mentioned taping up their pant leg at the botton.

Greengreen, do you know if they have the capability of using helicopters equipped with FLEER to detect body heat images after dark? Have they been flying at night?

Yes they have been flying at night. BUT, the areas are so thick and wooded that it does not work well. With that being said, the areas they were searching today are not AS thick. So maybe they will get something there. But it is not going to pick it up if she is in a building/house/shelter of some type.

I think they know if the duct tape came from Holly's mouth by now. Not only
the hair but also small skin fragments should be stuck to it. Duct tape that
had been applied as little as 5 minutes before hand is not going to come off
that easy especially if it's stuck to her lips.

I can tell you that the TBI does not have the ability to test the hairs found on the duct tape. That would have to be sent onto the FBI.....TBI can test for epitheleals, saliva, DNA, but not the hairs themselves.

Everybody here has duct tape. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay