TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about?

The way the searchers are on their hands and knees caused me to think of what it looks like when you're seaching for a small piece of jewelry like an earring or a ring or something. If they found one earring earlier, maybe they're looking for additional small stuff Holly may have dropped.

I may be way off but just jotting down what comes to mind.

My daughter has long blonde hair and hunts with her boyfriend all the time. I'm sure that Holly is not the only person in that community that has blonde hair and hunts.

Earring is what I'm thinking too or part of a piece of jewelry... just remembering the comment from LE about her leaving a trail........
I want her to come home safe so badly :(

I'm surprised the missing posters never indicated what her possessions look like, in case a non-searcher finds something, like a purse or backpack, or a piece of jewelry. Not everyone who might be out walking around would automatically assume something might belong to Holly, if they had not seen a likeness in the media or on a poster.

Earring is what I'm thinking too or part of a piece of jewelry... just remembering the comment from LE about her leaving a trail........

I agree. Possibly a charm that hangs from a necklace? Whatever it is they are definately searching thouroughly. Maybe not metal or they would use a detector.

I'm surprised the missing posters never indicated what her possessions look like, in case a non-searcher finds something, like a purse or backpack, or a piece of jewelry. Not everyone who might be out walking around would automatically assume something might belong to Holly, if they had not seen a likeness in the media or on a poster.

yes, I mentioned this before too, there has been no pics of anything that may look like what Holly would have with her. I know in past searches they have shown pics of the outfits, shoes, backpacks, etc. of what to look for - maybe they show this to the searchers?

It would make sense then that they'd search nearby abandoned buildings or areas leading to where they think he may live, etc.

yes, I mentioned this before too, there has been no pics of anything that may look like what Holly would have with her. I know in past searches they have shown pics of the outfits, shoes, backpacks, etc. of what to look for - maybe they show this to the searchers?

They probably do, but what is the harm in showing these things to the public, as they did with Kyron? They obtained replicas of his clothes, glasses, etc to show in television.

Greengreen:

1. Do you know if Clint would "normally" be at the home at that time of day, or if that was unusual for him to be home that day?

2. Do you know if the Bobo's had been know to allow others to hunt on their property?

3. Do you look at men in the community differently now, and wonder if they are the one?

I was thinking that too regarding bombarding. IMO let's just let someone read and chime in when they feel they have something useful to add. :twocents: :)

:rollercoaster:

It's fine to ask our locals questions. But they are instructed not to answer questions that might hurt the investigation so if your question doesn't get answered, refrain from asking repeatedly.

That hasn't happened in this case but I've seen it happen in the past so it's just a forewarning here. If a local says "I can't answer that", don't ask why please.

Greengreen:

1. Do you know if Clint would "normally" be at the home at that time of day, or if that was unusual for him to be home that day?

2. Do you know if the Bobo's had been know to allow others to hunt on their property?

3. Do you look at men in the community differently now, and wonder if they are the one?

1. I do not know
2. I do not know.
3. Yes--some of them anyway

That may be deliberate. I believe searchers know what they are specifically looking for in terms of clothing and items (theyve been told). I do not believe they want the public to know so that the perps could possibly know.

I agree. Possibly a charm that hangs from a necklace? Whatever it is they are definately searching thouroughly. Maybe not metal or they would use a detector.

Yes I think it's something else. That photo shows a building in the backgrounde. Geosurfing I cannot confirm that's the UT Parsons...but it may be. Either way they are looking in an area where I'd execpt either a perp would setup to monitor his victim pre-attack (arrival dates etc), or perhaps a trailway from the home to the other address mentioned by Nunley.

A cigarette butt, dip spit, maybe a piece of gum, or any of her belongings.

Is college done now for the summer?. It is where I am from, so just wondering if the normal college traffic would change

I've been knee-deep in the L.I.S.K thread, and haven't been able to follow this case closely. I played catch-up tonight to roughly thread #6, and scanned the other threads up to this point. Whew! Nuts.

So, can someone please tell me if I have the basics down?

~Disappeared on way to school.
~Brother saw her being lead off into the woods by man he thought to be her boyfriend.
~ Later noticed HB's car still in driveway, blood on carport, called Mom and 911 (about an hour after spotting HB and abductor going into the woods.
~ Lots of volunteer searchers looking.
~ Lunch bag belonging to HB found, either on side of road or in creek.
~ Boyfriend and brother intially declared cleared, but then LE recently said no one has been ruled out.
~ Still no sign of HB.

Am I missing anything important?

Well I would hate to think someone finds something in the woods on their daily hike and doesn't bother to call police because no one knows what to be watching for, unless they were on an official search. I doubt the perp is going to go back to the woods where something may have been dropped, with all of the on-going searches and LE probably nearby throughout the night.

I know it is a small town but I bet there are people who are not paying such close attention that they would automatically think of Holly if they came across a bracelet or an earring.

Greengreen:

BBM

#2 is a really good question! I'm thinking about how Elizabeth Smart's abductor had worked for her dad.

Thank you so much for sharing this about Holly's brother. I am sure he is beating himself up terribly over what has happened to his baby sister.

~jmo~

I've been knee-deep in the L.I.S.K thread, and haven't been able to follow this case closely. I played catch-up tonight to roughly thread #6, and scanned the other threads up to this point. Whew! Nuts.

So, can someone please tell me if I have the basics down?

~Disappeared on way to school.
~Brother saw her being lead off into the woods by man he thought to be her boyfriend.
~ Later noticed HB's car still in driveway, blood on carport, called Mom and 911 (about an hour after spotting HB and abductor going into the woods.
~ Lots of volunteer searchers looking.
~ Lunch bag belonging to HB found, either on side of road or in creek.
~ Boyfriend and brother intially declared cleared, but then LE recently said no one has been ruled out.
~ Still no sign of HB.

Am I missing anything important?

That sounds pretty darned close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads