TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it?

"locating a potential suspect" would mean more to me than "finding a potential suspect" or "identifying a potential suspect"

As is usual in this case the TBI does a terrible job of using clear words.

Okay now that article is just annoying me. :no:

Good grief.

Talk to TBI. Quote them only speaking about the investigation narrowing to finding a suspect. Don't ask them about Holly? :banghead::banghead:

I think they may have a guess as to a potential POI, because they know someone was missing for a certain window of time. The problem is, maybe they have nothing to tie this person to her abduction. And they cannot question directly about this case. Perhaps they are waiting to see if certain information is spilled indirectly, while this person is being questioned concerning a different crime.

this article... somewhat more cogent:

The investigation into the abduction of a nursing student has narrowed its focus but no one is yet being identified as a suspect.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said the agency is in the process of identifying people of interest in the disappearance of 20-year-old Holly Bobo.

Helm said many possibilities have been ruled out. The focus of the investigation and search is still on the area surrounding the small community of Darden, where Bobo lived with her parents and brother.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...investigation-narrowed-nursing-student-search

They can't find her unless they find the perp and he tells them where she is???
That is my take on it. She is so hidden they have to get him in order to find her.

Yes, this is my belief also. They have to focus on who this could be in order to find her. I think this guy did a good job of covering his tracks and making sure nobody was following him when he abducted her. Since he did this in broad daylight I doubt he lives in town or the city. I would bet he lives in the country where it would be easier to conceal bringing her back to his place. But I could be dead wrong. JMO

Of this I am confident - I think we'll all shake our heads at this one.

I take nothing from the article. It's meaningless as written. It could mean they have a suspect and are trying to find him, it could mean they are moving away from finding her and towards identifying him/them, it could mean a lot of things.

You hire a spokesperson to make things clear and to make sure the information communicated to the public makes sense. This is ludicrous.

For once I agree with Pat Brown, they are not doing a good job in terms of a unified press front. I learned more about the case in NH with no witnesses from a single press conference today than I have in 15 days of following this case.

I agree with pat brown also. and aboutt he NH case... and they informed u without giving anything away....

is "people of interest" even more plural than "persons of interest"?

kinda interesting how it's worded... could just be semantics.

"in the process of identifying..."

jmho.

I get the distinct impression that LE - like in many investigations is having some segments with differing opinions. I think we need to keep that in mind as part of the reason for the mixed messages.

I never complain about LEO...I have far too many involved in my life/friends/family etc. But this was a poor article. The TBI needs to get their act together when being quoted to make sure the reporter understands the message.

That article could be read in a bad way too...that they are shifting focus away from finding her to finding her perp. That's no good and if is not what was meant.

Just IMO but I would have immediately asked for clarification on the last part but note it is not quoted. This could also be the reporter messing up.

Honestly these statements are meaningless/usless. I would hope that (in two weeks) they were narrowing their focus and starting to look for a potential suspect of interest. Inspector Cluseau couldn't make this stuff more garbled.

I think they know exactly who they are looking for because to me if someone called in a tip and they located an item based on a tip it would mean that there is more than one kidnapper involved and one must be leaving the tip. I'm wondering if they could have her hidden and she is alive. Also if she did have an iphone and they have been tracking the phone why wouldn't they have found her if she had it with her? Big IF I know.
There is a reason they are releaseing the info about the tip. I also suspect there may be a reason for their vaugness. I have wondered all along about people close to the search. At least I hope there is a reason.

Take it for what it's worth but I don't think you can "begin identifying people of interest" without having some very specific evidence. You don't find some items thrown out of a car during the abduction and link it to an individual.

IMO they have either:
a) a video/picture of the car
or
b) a picture of a man, even if poor quality

Again, I don't think there is anything else that would even begin to allow you to search for a suspect. Other things like messages to her from an individual or anything related to such would be a direct link to a person of interest instead of a search if you get what I'm saying.

Miziree-Thanks for posting that link. At the beginning of all this, 2 weeks ago I remember someone saying Holly's brother had just lost a good friend due to a car accident, so it's been a pretty rough time for the family (please don't ask me for a link :)

"Don Franks, pastor, Corinth Baptist, said he has been a minister for 52 years and just lost a grandson who was a freshman at the University of Tennessee, Martin, in a car accident four weeks ago, but nothing “has been as heart-rending as this is.”

http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRPrint.asp?ID=3804

I wonder if it was The pastors grandson that he was so close to.

yes it was

Governor Haslam raised the reward on April 18th (a week ago Monday).

Note the wording used in the announcement:

"Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of the person or persons who are criminally responsible for the aggravated kidnapping of 20-year old Holly Bobo."

There is no mention of a reward from the state for information leading to Holly's whereabouts or for finding her alive (or dead). The reward is only for the information that can lead to the apprehension, arrest, and conviction of her kidnapper(s).

http://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/7029

The spokesperson for the TBI worked for a politician in the past I bet.

Miziree-Thanks for posting that link. At the beginning of all this, 2 weeks ago I remember someone saying Holly's brother had just lost a good friend due to a car accident, so it's been a pretty rough time for the family (please don't ask me for a link :)

"Don Franks, pastor, Corinth Baptist, said he has been a minister for 52 years and just lost a grandson who was a freshman at the University of Tennessee, Martin, in a car accident four weeks ago, but nothing “has been as heart-rending as this is.”

http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRPrint.asp?ID=3804

I wonder if it was The pastors grandson that he was so close to.

I believe that would be correct.

Brennan Duke

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jacksonsun/obituary.aspx?n=james-duke&pid=149678020&fhid=6385

GG I have a question for you if you don't mind?

Are you close enough to have participated in any of the searches?

did we know these things before the statements made to the media today:

1)many possibilities have been ruled out
2)the focus remains on darden and surrounding area
3)they are narrowing the focus
4)they are developing persons of interest

moo but I thought it was quite a bit of info...

Okay now that article is just annoying me. :no:

Good grief.

Talk to TBI. Quote them only speaking about the investigation narrowing to finding a suspect. Don't ask them about Holly? :banghead::banghead:

I think they think when they find him they find her! JMO

did we know these things before the statements made to the media today:

1)many possibilities have been ruled out
2)the focus remains on darden and surrounding area
3)they are narrowing the focus
4)they are developing persons of interest

moo but I thought it was quite a bit of info...

we have known all along the area was darden and surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member