TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is either doing things correctly and knows exactly what they are doing, or they don't. We don't have any way of knowing which is true. I think it is natural to hope and even believe that LE is on top of things in a case like this, but it doesn't make it true. Just a wait and see kind of thing, in my opinion.

Hello everyone:seeya:
Just checking in from MI to see if there is any news. Hope all are safe from weather, we had nasty storms this morning.

Something that I have noticed about this case is how quiet the family is. Mom & Dad not going in front of public to talk to Holly or kidnapper(s) makes me think that LE kind of knows who they are dealing with IMO. They are being sequestered from the media for a reason. It just seems very strange to me. I don't even see her cousin, Whitney putting anything out there anymore. :panic:

If it was my child who'd been taken, I sure wouldn't want a crush of press around...doubt I'd feel like saying much of anything to anyone I didn't know really well. That's just me, I don't know why the Bobo's are being so quiet, but if they at first wanted to speak to the searchers, but then 'just couldn't do it', I'd imagine they'd be very emotionally sensitive at this point. I think the LE is there to keep the nosy and curious away first of all, and who knows what else?

ITA!

I've never seen a case where LE has jumped on the case so fast and arranged searches so fast. Nor have I seen where LE searched on their own night after night. There was and is a sense of urgency in all the searches they did.

What the common factor I've seen in many cases is LE saying the person is a runaway and it isn't until a week later that they realize the missing person just didn't runaway. Precious time was wasted!

Obviously I have no experience with kidnappings other than what I have heard/seen, but I thought the tBI and FBI became involved VERY fast. I heard about it at around 9:30 that same morning she was abducted and when I found out TBI was either already here or on their way. I wish I had links like all of you do. But I don't see it on TV, I'm there when it happens.

EDIT--I do not remember when the FBI became involved. Maybe they just sent some agents down? Not sure because it is my understanding TBI has the case because it has not crossed state lines.

yes ma'am. this totally bugs me. :banghead::banghead: why indeed?!!

What pointed them to the significant Easter find?

Must have been the Easter Bunny.

arrrggggghhhhh...

This case is very mysterious. It's given me a case of the mystery-shakes.
And a couple of headaches.

When have we seen a case that ISN'T mysterious?! There are very few that are simple and uncomplicated, but if so, those are the ones where they find the person the same day or the next day, and sometimes that's due to sheer luck or excellent police work or both.

Not necessarily. Suppose someone remembered a week or so after the kidnapping that he had noticed a guy in camo sitting or standing in that vicinity and a light went off. There are not that many people hanging around that time of morning.

Or perhaps they suspect one of her professors who always parks in the same spot and they were trying to recover cig butts, gum (as someone else has already mentioned here..) to tie it to the blood evidence in the driveway.

People tend to be creatures of habits.

But WHY on Earth would anyone do that? If they planned, staked her out and her home... why all of the sudden would they be calling in tips?

from left field, I'll throw one or two out:

Hostage situation - attempts to negotiate a deal for himself before he gives up ... an unharmed Holly as his bargaining chip for a lesser charge?

An accomplice who is willing to turn on the kidnapper for the reward money ...

Or perhaps they suspect one of her professors who always parks in the same spot and they were trying to recover cig butts, gum (as someone else has already mentioned here..) to tie it to the blood evidence in the driveway.

But the reports said they were searching around the roadway in front of the school... not in the parking lot.

Anything is possible in this case Anything!

Did all the other missing ppls families have le at their door?
I cant recall!
they would have to in case they got a call or something!

I can't recall, either. Sometimes the details in a lot of these cases start running together.
Maybe if this is a small town, the local LE knew they needed help and called in TBI very quickly.

I can't recall, either. Sometimes the details in a lot of these cases start running together.
Maybe if this is a small town, the local LE knew they needed help and called in TBI very quickly.

That sounds real logical too....

This comment makes no sense to me. WHY would the "newest item" be a phone tip?? It was stated in another article that the item was found after a phone tip had been called in late Saturday or early Sunday. Makes sense then that the "tip" would have directed them there and therefore it was "discovered" during the search effort.
they were asking the tbi agent if the newest item found was related to a phone tip. tbi said no it was a volunteer find.. also fits with what will was tweeting imhoo

(I have pasted a few of them in order)

Source: a 'significant' item was recovered by volunteers within the past 12 hours

Volunteer: this new discovery is powering heightened search efforts for another day

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

this is just my opinion... but if LE received a phone tip do you think they would send volunteers to check out the lead? I personally don't but that is just my opinion..

it seems however that those emergency searches were in two different places.. is it possible that the emergency LE foot patrol was checking out the area of the phone tip/lead? while volunteers continued to scour the area where they made the initial find????

Kyron's family and Somer's family had LE liasons move into their homes with them for quite some time. Haleigh's family was scattered to the winds and her father wouldn't return to the house but he camped outside near search headquarters. Caylee's mother ... well, they moved Casey in to live with LE. ;)

I'm trying to think ... who else ...

ETA:
I think I misunderstood your question.

Trying again -

Kyron's family had immediate FBI response b/c abduction happened AT A SCHOOL!

Haleigh's family had Florida State Investigators responding within 24 hours, I think.
Somer's family even sooner than that, IIRC.

You know, what's interesting about Holly's case is - she's older. When children disappear, and it's apparently not a family-related abduction -- the immediate response is called for sooner than when older teens or adults disappear.

So...we should really answer the question about Holly's case relative to others based on her age.

And so, I have not been helpful here at all...I fear... But I'll go out on a limb and say that for Holly's age, IMO, that was lightening quick response.

ARe we talking about in front of the school?
Im so freaking confused...:innocent:

My understanding is that the "hands and knees search" picture was in at the UT Parsons location. Not sure if it was roadside or parking lot. I'm suspecting parking lot.

Obviously I have no experience with kidnappings other than what I have heard/seen, but I thought the tBI and FBI became involved VERY fast. I heard about it at around 9:30 that same morning she was abducted and when I found out TBI was either already here or on their way. I wish I had links like all of you do. But I don't see it on TV, I'm there when it happens.

EDIT--I do not remember when the FBI became involved. Maybe they just sent some agents down? Not sure because it is my understanding TBI has the case because it has not crossed state lines.

TBI investigators were there very quickly, they have committed TBI resources from Jackson, Memphis and Nashville. Crime scene vehicle had to drive from Memphis and crime scene techs didn't arrive ti early afternoon. I believe you're right TBI is lead agency, but FBI was also called in initially.

Some turn out to be just CREATURES!

Man its sad when we have to write our own joke material here waiting for some real news...

I wonder if Clint was living somewhere else and had recently moved home. Maybe had room mates .... Kids 25 usually move out,, move back,, move out again,, move back lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy