TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
heehee nooooo. This is kinda on that subject but not really. When they take those polygraphs did I not see on TV that you cannot use that in court or was that just for that particular TV show I was watching? I mean if they are not reliable then why do them to begin with? Maybe I've got this all screwed up. But if they really work and the criminal was innocent would they not be screaming give me a polygraph.

When people lawyer up, their lawyers typically advise them against taking polygraphs - even if they are innocent.

Lots of info on-line about this - whether people should volunteer to take polygraphs or not - to eliminate themselves as suspects.

Polygraph results are not submissable as evidence. They are, according to LE, an investigative tool.

They can be helpful, and they can be completely unreliable.

Also results will vary with the skill and experience of the administrator.

I don't know what I'd do, but if it was a situation where I felt unprotected and intimidated, and I felt I needed legal counsel, I'd get that counsel and then do what my attorney told me to do.

heehee nooooo. This is kinda on that subject but not really. When they take those polygraphs did I not see on TV that you cannot use that in court or was that just for that particular TV show I was watching? I mean if they are not reliable then why do them to begin with? Maybe I've got this all screwed up. But if they really work and the criminal was innocent would they not be screaming give me a polygraph.

No they can not be use in court. They say it tool for LE. Just today I was watching a show and they gave the guy poly and he pass years later he confess. And I think Ted Bundy pass too.

Very possible. Same thing could have happened with Eaton Street. There are a couple of businesses there and an employee could have remembered someone throwing something out and turning around. But the abductor(s) would have known they were being watched IF it was thrown out by them and IF it was thrown out right after the abduction. If they did it at night, no one would have been the wiser.

I think it comes down to LE being called and told to look in these areas its to specific! and if you remember all the searchers were called back it began a race against time.. So yea im saying he called.... JMO

One thing is for sure..... folks on this WS case could sure write some interesting and twisty story lines for mystery stories. Be on the lookout for hollywood scouts seeking.
Everyone's theory/theories are possible, just wish we knew more now. I guess we will just have to be resigned to wait.... wait..... gawd I hate waiting sometimes.
This is one rockin group and I value everyone's input and ideas. Hopefully we will be able to celebrate good news together soon.

:maddening:But, but, but I don't wanna wait anymore...I want to KNOW! :truce: Okay...back to my corner.

If this is an active hostage situation, would LE have hundreds if not thousands of volunteers out trooping around? Makes no sense to me...

well they did have BOLO ( on a vehicle not a person)in the first week you would have to go to scanner for info on that. But nothing ever came from that.

Really??? I never knew there was a vehicle description. How do I find it?

it was - - and right when we all needed the laugh. :great:

not to mention :sleuth: I was kinda hopin' everyone would reveal their house square footage, but ... only score took the bait. :D

LOL! :blowkiss: score!!

950. Happy? :crazy:

Very possible. Same thing could have happened with Eaton Street. There are a couple of businesses there and an employee could have remembered someone throwing something out and turning around. But the abductor(s) would have known they were being watched IF it was thrown out by them and IF it was thrown out right after the abduction. If they did it at night, no one would have been the wiser.

I think it been mention before and I hoping that it was video from a buisness!

Let me go ahead and say this may not be correct but I thought they found two items, and got a phone call. LE found an item and volunteers found an item. When it was first on the radio here that is what it sounded like.

I've been searching through articles and I can only find mention of one item found.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20057123-504083.html
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-25/...e-nursing-student-nursing-classes?_s=PM:CRIME
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/25/holly-bobo-whitney-duncan_n_853427.html

The radio report was earlier in the day before the searchers found anything. At that point LE had a phone call and found an item in the previous 12 hours. That afternoon volunteers found an item. I do not know if both items ended up being related to the case or not.

It is confusing, but Will tweeted that approx. Sunday at about 3pm, right before they called for extra searchers. So "in the previous 12 hours" would mean anytime from Sunday early morning 3am to Sunday 3pm. no?

It was on our local radio. It was the sheriff speaking. Probably another miscommunication. I went back to the Jackson sun to post the two links and would you believe one of them is missing??? Wouldn't be the first time in this case lol

Really??? I never knew there was a vehicle description. How do I find it?

you have to go scanner chatter and I think it in the very first thread.

sorry computer trouble so I don't dare open another screen:banghead:

It is confusing, but Will tweeted that approx. Sunday at about 3pm, right before they called for extra searchers. So "in the previous 12 hours" would mean anytime from Sunday early morning 3am to Sunday 3pm. no?

In the Jackson sun it says Saturday evening to Sunday morning, hence my thinking there was 2 items. Also if it was on the radio that MORNING (Sunday), there would have had to have been 2 items.

There was an incident a few years ago where LE was looking for some guy for a few years and couldn'f find him when they knew he had been in the area. He had avoided being caught for a long time. The guy had dug a bunker in the woods and hid out in the bunker. Wonder if this is the same sort of situation? TN's woods are so dense and I feel for the searchers down there because there are snakes everywhere. Hope they find Holly soon.

You saw correctly. Polygraphs, as a rule, are inadnissable in court. The exception is if both parties agree in advance of the polygraph and the judge also agrees to allow it.

:sigh: This is the first time I've been able to check in here today. I was hoping to see some news. I hope you guys are safe. We've had bad storms here in SE TN. Been to the basement twice already and they just issued another tornado warning. :thud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay