TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she wasn't kidnapped for money, but for some other type of demand. Holly is being held hostage until they are met. Would there be any significance to evidence being found around Easter?

Like What! A deal of somekind?

I dont think this is a ransom thing i think its a passion thing lol
she is a very very pretty young lady im sure every guy in that town would love to go out with her. Maybe one figured he would go get her himself!

who the heck knows!

I still believe its a guy she maybe went out with before or someone she maybe was really good friends with.. He just didnt want to be just a friend..
Obsession is a very dangerous emotion in a person.

So, where's the news article or video that says: "powderkeg" and "volatile situation." There's no way of knowing what it means out of context.

I seem to remember it meaning what RoseRed posted, though. (JMO)

Ciao my friends I have to go get my son from school....
see you all soon.

IMO, the significance of the "find" whatever it may be is that it gives LE, family, searchers an idea/lead of which way they may have traveled and/or an area she may likely still be in. I think before the item was found, LE was at a loss as to where to continue searching. I think the investigation had come to a stand still and the mother's "relief" was that something else was found that may lead to her daughter. I hate to be negative, but I'm not sure LE is any closer to finding her than the day she was taken. I hope the investigation focuses on finding out WHO may have took her and not so much on where he may have taken her. JMO

If it's true they have their reasons for not releasing any info or confirming anything then maybe its bc they don't want the perp to know what they found bc they think she's the one that dropped them to leave a trail or get help but if that's the case get on tv and plea for her safe return or open communications for perp to come forward.
After 2 weeks it doesn't look good and it seems they are shutting out people nationally that would come help.

Like What! A deal of somekind?

I dont think this is a ransom thing i think its a passion thing lol
she is a very very pretty young lady im sure every guy in that town would love to go out with her. Maybe one figured he would go get her himself!

who the heck knows!

I was thinking about this could become a powderkeg. That to me sounds like a group of people against another group of people. There are things people living on the underside of a community have against things that go on in the community. One person getting her for himself happens around the country too often. Its usually not referred to as a powderkeg. Personally, I think if it is just one person, she is already deceased.

You might not love us so much if you ended up on our property by mistake in the middle of the night , and wound up staring down the barrel of a shot gun. ;)

O/T Oh goodness one night I came in from the barn in my own home and my daughter had her shotgun out because the dogs were barking!!

I remember the duct tape (not a personal belonging) and know about the Easter day find I was just wondering what other personal belongings they found on the 14th when the lunch bag was found. Of course I realize LE will not release that info so I guess it's really a mute point. Sounds like the guy was definitely getting rid of her things as he was driving down the roads though.

I'm really, really trying to hold on to the hope she's still alive somewhere but for some reason it just dawned on me.....him disposing of her personal belongings doesn't bode well for her survival. If his intent was to "keep" her seems like he'd have let her keep her things also.

On the other hand.....IF she's still alive and with the perp, I wonder what he's doing about clothing her? Also, at some point, she's going to need feminine supplies. Maybe those in the stores in the area need to keep an eye out for a male purchasing female sanitary products. Sounds kind of silly but something to think about.

Re: other possible items found but not "confirmed".. I will have to search back for link(harder to do via mobile) but this was straight from the horse's mouth in a print as well as video interview with TBI Helm where she states that there were also crinkled worksheets/papers that they thought quute possibly could be Holly's(they were found the same day as the lunchbox).. But she said this was not yet confirmed at the time of that interview(i.e.that papers positively belonged to Holly)..
She said there were several things found in the searches that they feel could infact be related to Holly but the crinkled papers is the only one that comes to mind that she specifically spoke of...

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

Oh goodness, I just got the daylights scared out of me..I am in MS Body found floating in reservoir breaking news... false alarm it was a male.. unless Holly ditched the guy and is making her way back home!

QUOTE=MSSB;6407194]I would tend to agree, in our community recently a Marine was killed in Afghanastan. That "church" in KY had a press release saying they were coming here to boycott the funeral. Well lets just say none of them made it the funeral to boycott. There are alot of things that took place all of which were legal we just don't discuss it. We like to think we take care of our own and stand for what is "right". Even if that means we have to "handle" one of our own for not doing what is right.[/QUOTE]

Just a MINOR correction here...they are NOT from KY. They are based in TOPEKA KS.

I wanted that corrected as I AM from KY.:crazy:

You might not love us so much if you ended up on our property by mistake in the middle of the night , and wound up staring down the barrel of a shot gun. ;)

okay, I take it back. :couch:

----------------------------
I know that in a news report on video, can't wade through everything right now to find it, that one of the very first things LE did is determine what the ingress and egress points were from those woods, as in roads, be they trails, dirt or paved roads.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

I don't think you're going to find any source where LE states a specific point of entrance or exit the abductor and Holly took. If you do, I'll eat my hat...

Concentric, I enjoy reading your thoughtful posts on many of the threads here at WS...:seeya:

I hope you weren't meaning to question your initial, excellent memory, it was spot on !! I found this post from not my kids in thread #9, post #156 (sorry, not sure how to link back to it)... ?(thanks to not my kids also, for posting this initially !!)

Reporter asks about conflicting reports that she was dragged to woods or walked to woods.
Gwyn:
“Well, we don’t believe that Holly was dragged into the woods, we, we think based on, uh, her brother, who is the only witness, that she walked into the woods. Uh, as far as the suspects, uh, we have not eliminated anyone, um, from this investigation. Uh, obviously there are people that are, that we feel are witnesses, and we’ve treated as such, uh, but we have not eliminated anyone, and that’s why we ask the community to really look amongst themselves. Uh, this is a very rural area, a very wooded area, and someone would have had to known how to navigate around the area. Uh, either a hunter or a resident or something of that nature in order to be able to, uh, in order to enter and exit, uh, like they did.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...3A+CBSNews.com
ETA: My bad, they don't give the exact location, but they sure did let it slip that they know where that point is...IMO

QUOTE=MSSB;6407194]I would tend to agree, in our community recently a Marine was killed in Afghanastan. That "church" in KY had a press release saying they were coming here to boycott the funeral. Well lets just say none of them made it the funeral to boycott. There are alot of things that took place all of which were legal we just don't discuss it. We like to think we take care of our own and stand for what is "right". Even if that means we have to "handle" one of our own for not doing what is right.

Just a MINOR correction here...they are NOT from KY. They are based in TOPEKA KS.

I wanted that corrected as I AM from KY.:crazy:[/QUOTE]

OOPS you are soo right, PLEASE forgive me! I think if anyone from KY had been here they would have helped us:great:

I'm not totally convinced the abductor would have needed to know the woods all that well, as long as he had been in and out at least once before and had made a plan, as to where to park and the quickest way to get back to the vehicle with Holly. I hope LE has more than that to tell them this has to be a local, or a "community member."

It will be interesting to see if LE requests searchers once the weather clears; they have not had volunteers out since Sunday, have they? I noted a tweet from WN that said no volunteers "today or Tuesday" from earlier in the week, so I assume that was Monday and we know they did not have any yesterday or today. Did the "find" on Sunday lead them to believe the suspect hit the interstate w/Holly? Or left Holly behind and fled on his own?

It has been over two weeks; it this is a local, someone would surely notice if the person had been gone all this time and it is unlikely in a small town that more than one person would be "missing" from home for this length of time, and yet there have not been any rumors to this effect, i.e. the man in the trailer up the hill has not been seen, etc...or the guy who sells newspapers at the college. You would think someone would dig up this info and it would come out. So is this really a local, or did he resume his normal activities within a day of abduction?

Which is essentially right where they were searching Sunday and found the items.

I'm not totally convinced the abductor would have needed to know the woods all that well, as long as he had been in and out at least once before and had made a plan, as to where to park and the quickest way to get back to the vehicle with Holly. I hope LE has more than that to tell them this has to be a local, or a "community member."

It will be interesting to see if LE requests searchers once the weather clears; they have not had volunteers out since Sunday, have they? I noted a tweet from WN that said no volunteers "today or Tuesday" from earlier in the week, so I assume that was Monday and we know they did not have any yesterday or today. Did the "find" on Sunday lead them to believe the suspect hit the interstate w/Holly? Or left Holly behind and fled on his own?

It has been over two weeks; it this is a local, someone would surely notice if the person had been gone all this time and it is unlikely in a small town that more than one person would be "missing" from home for this length of time, and yet there have not been any rumors to this effect, i.e. the man in the trailer up the hill has not been seen, etc...or the guy who sells newspapers at the college. You would think someone would dig up this info and it would come out. So is this really a local, or did he resume his normal activities within a day of abduction?

I think LE is convinced they know who did this. I'm not convinced they're right because if they were this would probably be over by now with some type of resolution.

Which is essentially right where they were searching Sunday and found the items.

I think LE is convinced they know who did this. I'm not convinced they're right because if they were this would probably be over by now with some type of resolution.

Exactly. I wonder if perhaps they stopped the perp on the 17th & one of the LE remembered, "yeah, that guy threw out a cig butt in that area" and they are trying to recover the butt to match to blood DNA?

Just one of many theories and all MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members