TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still catching up so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I believe I read a post here on WS that the two family dogs were a Golden Retriever and a small breed (lap dog type).

Being a Golden lover, they do *not* adapt well to being "outside" dogs - they love their families and want to be with their people...I can't guarantee that the Bobo's dog was true to breed, but would be willing to bet that it was used to being inside the house if there were people home.

JMO
our GR uses a doggie door. Unfortunatly , he does not use a towel to dry off after a dip in the pool :banghead:

Did some FB snooping... (all public mods) and CB has or someone on his behalf has logged into FB recently. His profile pic changed to an HB poster. HB's FB friend's list has dropped another person. I may have noticed who it is....should I mention it or figure that LE is all over her FB and would have noticed on their own.

I have noticed that drop in the one person on her FB. Happened two weeks ago and would like to know who this individual is.

I completely agree that when the searching stopped so did the reporting..

however that being said, the reporters seemed to be reporting on the searching and nothing else..

LE is still searching but we do not see media reporting on what they are finding or doing....

this is the lag imhoo..

I think a couple of things came together for them over the weekend. There was clearly a significant find of some sort that changed the direction of the case. If you have a missing person who's in danger that may be wandering the woods you'd keep searching. IMO, MOO, if you know otherwise - either that's she's being held somewhere or no longer with us you treat it differently.

There's not even any talk of searching this weekend, so like I said, something has changed their tactics. The subtle statement by Helms about it narrowing towards a search for suspects...is interesting to me.

There's only a couple of options, she's being held somewhere or she's no longer with us. If she's not with us they're building a case against the perp, are trying to recover her or some combination of these things. In my heart I'm very down, but I still hold out hope.

I half contemplate whether this was a guy that was going to do something he shouldn't to her, maybe his intention was to take her somewhere and talk to her and he didn't think anyone would know. Then the 911 stuff starts and what was BAD now became a major major problem. Now he's stuck as there's no going back at that point and it would bring great shame to his family and friends. So he either stows her away or does something he shouldn't.

I now wonder in my mind, was this someone going to see her that knew he wasn't supposed to be there so he did it when he thought the place was empty/just her.

People don't think logically and the fight or flight response kicks in and here we are today?

No doubt in my mind he has help covering it up and planting evidence.

Some things I have been thinking about:

1. Duct Tape- She was heard screaming, so obviously she didn't have it on her mouth from the time she left the car to where they heard the screams. So, sometime after that they must have put the tape on her mouth. What bothers me about this is that there was some tape found, and we don't know if it was for her mouth, hands, or both. Why take it off? I hate to say this, but was she already killed, or secured in a trunk, bunker, or other place?
2. I was thinking more on the planning part of the perp. I was wondering if they chose Tues. because of the impending storms that were coming. Using that to their benefit to "wash" away evidence? It really seems there was a lot of planning here, but that is JMO. The things we do know as true seem to point in that direction IMO. I am just hoping that the blood wasn't HB's, and that LE will be able to get a suspect based on DNA. Worst part of that is the waiting.....

they could have ripped the tape off because they may have covered her nose along with her mouth and she was suffocating! JMO

Search warrants can be sealed if they contain information that would impede the investigation, if revealed; if they contain information that might harm someone if made public; or if release of the contents clearly causes an invasion of privacy. For example if a search warrant contains information that might tip off a co conspirator, that information can be sealed.

As soon as the public searches stopped, the leaks stopped. The case got to a point where they could not risk public leaks. I would bet you dozens, probably a few hundred volunteers were still ready to show up. Sure the weather has been horrible but we have stuff found Sat/Sun that may have been deemed significant, her poor mom making a statement along the lines of being relieved. The TBI said ""Not only has it given the family hope, it's given the investigators hope" http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/25/tennessee.missing.woman/

Then the public searches stopped and really all public comments from everyone. Two things...there's a reason for it beyond just the weather. It could be simply that the leaks were putting the case in jeopardy, it could be that they have all that they need and the pro searchers have it covered.

I think everyone knows who did it in the community. I think LE knows exactly who it is too but they have this tricky issue of probable cause to search and gather evidence. But like my story of a few days ago - the right amount of money and influence can make a lot of things go away. I won't get into the cases that long predate this site but there are plenty of famous cases where people died and influential people got away with it.

What I wonder in these cases....do rich powerful people worry more about how the community will view THEM in light of what a relative may have done more than they worry about the community good? I hate to say it I think many times these types are more worried about what an admission of wrong doing would do to their status than what it IS doing to the victims.

These are religious people that believe in forgiveness, it's time to put all of this to an end, come forward and let the healing and forgiveness begin.

ALL IMO

The Inman's were religious tooo and look at what they did!
And $ 80,000.00 should make someone sing!

Search warrants can be sealed if they contain information that would impede the investigation, if revealed; if they contain information that might harm someone if made public; or if release of the contents clearly causes an invasion of privacy. For example if a search warrant contains information that might tip off a co conspirator, that information can be sealed.
exactly!

80k doesn't mean much if you're already loaded with money.

I think thats a good question.
The mother and father do speak out in a 4/15 video
msnbc.com Video Player

The mother is terrified and beyond words, heartbreaking. The father does his best to not break down himself. A very emotional plea.

Another question nagging me is the 911 calls, the timeline and the mother being present when LE first arrived.

Mrs Bobo was at school/work (I've read this...no link at the moment) and made it back to the home before LE arrived. Its a 30 min trip. so looking at the time frame she must have taken the call from Clint quite seriously from the get go. LE says their call came in at 7:59 and they responded immediately.

Other reports say Holly was last seen at 7:45
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110413024

Seems like something specific made Mrs. Bobo react immediately and head for home. I'm speculating class had not started.

Hope this makes sense.
If it were my kids I would never dream something so horrible had happened given the facts we have so far. Something more must have been very very serious.

The screams...I grew up in the country in a rural setting. We had lots of acres of wooded land and much wildlife. At night the coyotes sound eerily like children laughing or crying. Loons and other birds make noises that could be scary. The neighbor must have been very, very close and sure what she heard was not wildlife.

JMO my brain has been mush for a few days. I blame it on hormones.

We live on 8 acres . Between my kids screaming while playing and my spoiled goats (one drop of rain and they sound like someone fighting for their life),I'm surprised our neighbors don't call 911 routinely.
Many of our neighbors own guns and we'll hear shots occassionally. Coyotes (on the coast of SC :eek:) and racoons are the excuse,so I don't usually call 911,but I ALWAYS take note of the time........just in case

Who all is local here. I am and have been verified. Also does anyone on here know why homeland security would be involved?

I have noticed that drop in the one person on her FB. Happened two weeks ago and would like to know who this individual is.

I don't think I can say who I've noticed because it would violate the rules but the person was still on her FB last friday when I was snooping around.

Who all is local here. I am and have been verified. Also does anyone on here know why homeland security would be involved?

If you look at the first post in each new thread, there is a link for the verified locals for each case.

I have no idea about Homeland Security....off to check their website to see what they cover....

We live on 8 acres . Between my kids screaming while playing and my spoiled goats (one drop of rain and they sound like someone fighting for their life),I'm surprised our neighbors don't call 911 routinely.
Many of our neighbors own guns and we'll hear shots occassionally. Coyotes (on the coast of SC :eek:) and racoons are the excuse,so I don't usually call 911,but I ALWAYS take note of the time........just in case

Do you think you would be able to hear a neighbor scream from their driveway?

I'm TOTALLY jealous of your acres by the way. :crazy:

The 80,000.00 really has me stun...there a lot missing girls from TN and I can't find one that the gov. step in with a reward:waitasec:

Artilcle mentioning Homeland Security.... for FWIW

"The kidnapping has gained the attention of Gov. Bill Haslam, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn and Bill Gibbons, commissioner of the state's Department of Safety and Homeland Security. Deputy Commissioner Larry Godwin, who spent 30 years with the Memphis Police Department, also is assisting in the investigation."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110422/NEWS25/104220323/Leads-Bobo-search-reviewed?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

They typically only get involved if there is a possible threat to national and/or state security. I had to deal with them where I "work" (mostly sleuth) and I remember asking him what they do (color me thoroughly nosey) and that's the answer I got.

OT-
lol MissJames,
I'm a transplant to the SC coast, amen!
I grew up in Wisconsin and have left behind those long, cold winters forever~:seeya:

They do have coyote here but I have never seen one.

Based on everything going on in terms of how the case is being handled, and IMO, MOO etc....

I believe we're going to find this is a well healed member of a very well off family from somewhere within the area/general community. There are some enormous tracts of land many are privately owned.

They've gone totally silent for a reason, they've stopped public searches for a reason. Something is going on IMO.

ITA...I also think that the perp has either a well known criminal lawyer, person who holds a political office, or High ranking in the local LE as an immediate family member.... which is why they are being methodical about putting the pieces of the puzzle together, and being so quiet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean