TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post BeanE! I agree 100% with all of it.

This IMO could be another reason why they are so well guarded....I can't currently find the link but someone said there were two family dogs and one was a larger sized dog (only implying that it was like an outside dog because of size) but again.....we won't know unless that info is released.:banghead:

My DIL is a huge animal lover....she told me the family had two adorable dogs, golden retriever and a small breed that I can't quite remember the breed.....she never said whether they were inside or outside pets.

oh, that is interesting. good catch. why the silence? no calls for volunteers since.

maybe LE said - okay, time to go off radar as far as public involvement.

why?

ugh. brain hurts.

Within a few minutes of her post the cousin tweeted.

A few photos I took at Natchez Trace State Park on 4/20. At some point, this was one of the search areas. You can see for yourself the dense ground cover. This was on what I believe to be the major road through the park at around noon. There's not a whole lot of people or cars around. I believe the park itself is something like 48,000 acres.

Does anyone know how far this State Park is from HB's house?
I wonder if he used the park as a place to stash his car while carrying out the kidnapping. A car just being in a park wouldn't draw much attention as people use them to enjoy nature (walking, jogging, etc). I wonder if LE has asked if anyone was there, and if they remember any cars in or near the vicinity? I'm sure they have, but I just wanted to put it out there. IMO if HB's house is close to the park, then I think LE would benefit from asking the locals if they were at the park on, before, or after her kidnapping, and what cars they remember seeing. Just a thought. Thinking of all kinds of scenarios as my heart goes out to the Bobo family.

Here's what I think is the sequence of events:

Karen packs Holly's lunch.

approx 7:00 - Dana and Karen go to work.

approx 7:30/7:35 - Holly exits the house to go to school.

Holly encounters the perp at her car near the carport.

Perp tells Holly to go with him. She refuses.

Perp cuts or stabs Holly, or perhaps punches her in the nose or mouth, to compel her to comply.

Holly screams in shock and/or pain. (Neighbor hears scream.)

approx 7:40 - Perp grabs Holly's arm, and begins walking her towards the woods. Holly, in fear, walks along with him.

Clint, just getting out of the shower, is unsure of noises he heard, can't quite identify them as urgent screams, so looks out the window.

Clint sees perp and Holly from the back walking towards the woods. Clint thinks Holly is with her boyfriend, and that perhaps her boyfriend startled her when she went out, or played a prank, causing her to scream. He therefore thinks it's not an emergency.

Clint gets dressed for work.

approx 7:45/7:50 - Clint leaves for work, and sees Holly's car still there, and blood on the ground.

Now Clint puts the blood together with the noises he heard earlier, perhaps now identifying them as urgent screams, and recognizes something is wrong.

Clint calls 911, or perhaps first calls mom, tells her the situation, and asks what to do, and she tells him to call 911, and says she's heading home.

Clint may have gone out and looked around for Holly. He may have been on the phone with mom off and on (or continuously) as mom is driving home.

7:59 - Mom becomes more frantic, perhaps because Clint can't find Holly, or he's hollering for Holly and she's not answering, and mom puts in another call to 911.

Mom arrives home.

LE, delayed a bit as investigators say, arrives some time afterward, perhaps 8:20 or 8:30.

Links for source references here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

Awesome BeanE. :great: Thanks. As usual, very helpful, and detailed. :heart: your casesignal site.

All I might add is that Clint and/or Mom called both Holly and the boyfriend. Probably before calling 911. JMHO.

(and I would not be surprised if they heard by phone from the neighbor at some point...assuming it's such a rare occurance to hear such a scream you'd dial 911 over it - you'd also worry about your neighbors and perhaps call them?)

Holly screams in shock and/or pain. (Neighbor hears scream.)

SBM... I think with the distance between the Bobo's house and the neighbor's house, that HB was already in the woods when she screamed. I think she was closer to the neighbor by that point and I don't think CB heard it. LE has never said CB heard a scream, I doubt they would confirm the neighbor heard it and withhold that CB heard it too. JMO

ETA...forgot to add a thank you. And I think the rest is pretty spot on!!!

SBM... I think with the distance between the Bobo's house and the neighbor's house, that HB was already in the woods when she screamed. I think she was closer to the neighbor by that point and I don't think CB heard it. LE has never said CB heard a scream, I doubt they would confirm the neighbor heard it and withhold that CB heard it too. JMO

That is my feeling... she screamed away from her house perhaps when she was being bound or put into a vehicle and was closer at that time to a neighbor.

But, aside from that minor change, that sequence of events is more or less what I figure too. :rocker:

Based on everything going on in terms of how the case is being handled, and IMO, MOO etc....

I believe we're going to find this is a well healed member of a very well off family from somewhere within the area/general community. There are some enormous tracts of land many are privately owned.

They've gone totally silent for a reason, they've stopped public searches for a reason. Something is going on IMO.

I agree with this completely!!!!

Awesome BeanE. :great: Thanks. As usual, very helpful, and detailed. :heart: your casesignal site.

All I might add is that Clint and/or Mom called both Holly and the boyfriend. Probably before calling 911. JMHO.

(and I would not be surprised if they heard by phone from the neighbor at some point...assuming it's such a rare occurance to hear such a scream you'd dial 911 over it - you'd also worry about your neighbors and perhaps call them?)

Thanks, Emma.

It makes sense to me that Clint and/or Mom may have been calling both Holly's phone and the boyfriend's phone. That could also be what caused mom to become frantic enough to call 911 again - that Holly didn't answer her phone and/or that boyfriend was at work or at his home, leaving mom and Clint not knowing who the heck the perp was, or what he was doing with Holly.

Does anyone know how far this State Park is from HB's house?
I wonder if he used the park as a place to stash his car while carrying out the kidnapping. A car just being in a park wouldn't draw much attention as people use them to enjoy nature (walking, jogging, etc). I wonder if LE has asked if anyone was there, and if they remember any cars in or near the vicinity? I'm sure they have, but I just wanted to put it out there. IMO if HB's house is close to the park, then I think LE would benefit from asking the locals if they were at the park on, before, or after her kidnapping, and what cars they remember seeing. Just a thought. Thinking of all kinds of scenarios as my heart goes out to the Bobo family.

About 10 miles

approx 7:40 - Perp grabs Holly's arm, and begins walking her towards the woods. Holly, in fear, walks along with him.

Clint, just getting out of the shower, is unsure of noises he heard, can't quite identify them as urgent screams, so looks out the window.

Clint sees perp and Holly from the back walking towards the woods. Clint thinks Holly is with her boyfriend, and that perhaps her boyfriend startled her when she went out, or played a prank, causing her to scream. He therefore thinks it's not an emergency.

Clint gets dressed for work.

approx 7:45/7:50 - Clint leaves for work, and sees Holly's car still there, and blood on the ground.

Now Clint puts the blood together with the noises he heard earlier, perhaps now identifying them as urgent screams, and recognizes something is wrong.

Clint calls 911, or perhaps first calls mom, tells her the situation, and asks what to do, and she tells him to call 911, and says she's heading home.

Clint may have gone out and looked around for Holly. He may have been on the phone with mom off and on (or continuously) as mom is driving home.

7:59 - Mom becomes more frantic, perhaps because Clint can't find Holly, or he's hollering for Holly and she's not answering, and mom puts in another call to 911.

Mom arrives home.

LE, delayed a bit as investigators say, arrives some time afterward, perhaps 8:20 or 8:30.

Did Clint grab a weapon and try and pursue?? Realizing how close the times are, any man would arm up (grab a gun, knife, bat etc) and run like hell to try and pursue.

Had it been me I would have been well armed and tearing through those woods at speeds that would make a sprinter look slow.

Do we have any info on if he tried to follow?

I really think LE/TBI knows exactly who did this and MOO that is why there are being so quiet. When LE agencies are at a dead end that's usually when they start appealing for public assistance.

http://www.whitneyduncan.com/about.html

In Spring of 2010, Whitney had the unique and unforgettable opportunity to travel overseas to visit and play for the troops in Iraq and Kuwait. The trip made a significant impact on Whitney and her bandmates, it even inspired a tattoo.

I found that interesting...

was it confirmed that Holly also sung at place all around or only in church?

because Whitney also posted this:

"I dragged my parents everywhere, every weekend almost," she says. "There was always a strawberry festival or a barbecue festival, and we would take trips to Kentucky, Missouri, and wherever else I could for a chance to perform"

there are so many possible suspects if that is the case...and different states if she did the same thing...

I hope Holly is found today!

Does anyone know if there is the possibility of rewinding the scanner tapes to see if the initial calls can be heard?

Probably not, but just a thought.

They did that. In the first hours. Our scanners don't miss a trick!

The simple answer is ... they got nada for sure that they could tie to this case...

I really think LE/TBI knows exactly who did this and MOO that is why there are being so quiet. When LE agencies are at a dead end that's usually when they start appealing for public assistance.

I agree....gathering enough evidence on the guy...but my opinion is they know who.

Interesting idea. I never thought that much into it because I thought the police could easily track the foot prints in the woods. Many trackers can do this very well with high precision.

Looking at Google Earth, it looks like there are a hand full of houses a perp could walk to south of the victim's homes (~ .2 miles). There are also a few west of the residence (~.8 miles).

Still, I'm not sure about a perp within walking distance. If the perp only wanted to murder her, why even walk her to the woods. Why not kill her near the car?

If it was a planned sexual assault, I'm not sure if it would have been committed at 7:30am while in some random area of the woods. One would think it would more likely occur at night.

Thanks for the bit of info from Google earth. Was getting ready to go look at that.
I don't think the perp wanted to just murder her, but unfortunately that happens too often. I don't think he would kill her by the car because they would risk someone seeing that. Someone did see him walk away with her. So, I do think it's likely it was sexually motivated, however I think the reason they chose early morning is for one reason. When they knew or thought no one would be around based on if they were indeed watching the house. Hence the word predator.....lying in wait to get their victim. That being said....now I think that is a lot like a SK....but JMO....ouch my head hurts :banghead:

I agree....gathering enough evidence on the guy...but my opinion is they know who.

Thanks. I'm starting to think so too. Maybe afraid that if they leak too much, and the perp senses they are on to him he'll take off (happened in the Tiffany Brown case) possibly with HB and it becomes a manhunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho