TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think it strange too, unless they'd been up a long time stimulating themselves with thinking about it. Maybe watching *advertiser censored* or something like that could do it.
Many years ago we had a serial rapist in Charleston County. IIRC most of the rapes were early morning :waitasec: which indicated a night shift worker on his way home.
Turned out to be a family man who would mow the neighbors lawn for them,yadayadayada.
His wife began to suspect from the sketch and the times the rapes were committed and turned him in.
When LE approached he took off in his car and crashed. Complete brain injury . He's in his own prison now.
They had 3 little kids . It took a lot of courage for his wife to make that call.

I thought the creek bed was likely dry as well, or shallow as such things go, but the "find" location is a really long way from her house(8 miles). It would be pretty challenging to ride a 4 wheeler (even a big one) that far, accross country, with an unwilling person and not be seen as suspicious.

Maybe the creek bed was just near the roadside? I dunno.

Stop and think what keeps a lot of these cases hot and in the news, drama in the family.
I think we have a normal loving family here.
No young boyfriend, moved in by the mother.
No family members with long drug arrests, or being arrested after the abduction.
No pending divorce by the parents.
There is no drama with this family, I'm sure it would be reported, reporters love to dig this stuff up.
We have a normal, loving family, LE seems to have only one thing to concentrate on, finding Holly and her abductor, or abductors.

I just don't think we know how "normal" this family is. I certainly have'nt heard much except the good church girl stuff. I think drama keeps us talking about how crazy some families can be, but imo if a family wants help finding their loved one I'd like all questions answered and i want them on NG every night they can be. Not speaking to anyone about anything irks me a little. Kinda like the public is okay looking for your daughters personal belongings but we are not to ask about their "normal" family routines. Selfish, yes. But I come here to learn from each and everything I read. I have not read if the 911 calls were helpful or descriptive. I have not learned where or who Holly was with the night before or if her parents said good night or good morning to her. I like a tight timeline. thats just me. IMO the general public needs to be reminded as much as possible who we are to BOLO for and how precious their girl is to them, it helps keep the focus on their case, otherwise the next case with more forthcoming info will grab the attention. imo

I don't know...I think a lot of these creeps get as many thrills off the "stalking" part of it as they do the actual sexual act, perhaps that's what gets them "excited"? I'm not sure time of day plays much importance in it? We have a few local creeps here who are always exposing themselves and masturbating near this very public trail where people run and bike. Many times it's in the afternoon when the trail is at it's busiest. I don't get it. Ick.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about violence, so I've read....sounds like there's some real sick puppies along that trail...I'm surprised they haven't sent policewomen in their to catch these guys.....good lord!!

Today, for the first time, and I don't know why, I feel Holly is no longer with us. This whole thing makes me sick and sad. She seemed liked a wonderful person from a wonderful family, living in a good community. I believe it's time LE gave out a few facts or this case will join the Drexel, Horman, Cummings, etc, ad nauseum cases. Closed mouthed does NOT seem to work real well.

My opinion only

A lot of nuts on the internet have blamed the brother for not taking action, or more. Could there be threats against family?

I think thats a good question.
The mother and father do speak out in a 4/15 video
msnbc.com Video Player

The mother is terrified and beyond words, heartbreaking. The father does his best to not break down himself. A very emotional plea.

Another question nagging me is the 911 calls, the timeline and the mother being present when LE first arrived.

Mrs Bobo was at school/work (I've read this...no link at the moment) and made it back to the home before LE arrived. Its a 30 min trip. so looking at the time frame she must have taken the call from Clint quite seriously from the get go. LE says their call came in at 7:59 and they responded immediately.

Other reports say Holly was last seen at 7:45
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110413024

Seems like something specific made Mrs. Bobo react immediately and head for home. I'm speculating class had not started.

Hope this makes sense.
If it were my kids I would never dream something so horrible had happened given the facts we have so far. Something more must have been very very serious.

The screams...I grew up in the country in a rural setting. We had lots of acres of wooded land and much wildlife. At night the coyotes sound eerily like children laughing or crying. Loons and other birds make noises that could be scary. The neighbor must have been very, very close and sure what she heard was not wildlife.

JMO my brain has been mush for a few days. I blame it on hormones.

One volunteer involved in the search claimed the new item found was 20-year-old Holly Bobo's cell phone, according to local station WMCTV.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20058608-504083.html

There is the cell phone rumor again. I think the kidnaper took pictures of Holly alive on her cell phone, that is why the family was so happy to see it found.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about violence, so I've read....sounds like there's some real sick puppies along that trail...I'm surprised they haven't sent policewomen in their to catch these guys.....good lord!!

Not to completely disagree with you, but in what I've studied in "criminal mind" classes....rape is about sexual gratification. Its kind of like violent/rough sex is the fetish, and they rape becaue the power and the fear excites them.

I refresh this thread several times a day hoping for ANY news on ANYTHING. I have been blessed to have never been close to a violent crime, somehow I got deeply involved with locating, identifying, and reuniting Katrina victims, then logically progressed to missing people in general.
I am torn on this case.....I still think it could be a couple of young "kids" who are keeping her somewhere for their "pleasure", and she may still be alive if they haven't tired of her. I just don't see a murder yet, but would like to know if they searched every inch of the Bobo's property itself.
I also think there is some type of coverup going on, and I have a feeling that the next public actions from LE will be an arrest and rescue/recovery of Holly, both at the same time, and very suddenly/surprisingly.
Some poster mentioned it awhile back.....could Holly have been kidnapped to provide medical care? I actually have been tossing that back and forth...someone with a child/elderly parent that lost their home health coverage, etc, and need someone around the clock to provide care. Happened to "know" Holly, watched her, grabbed her, and is keeping her isolated while caring for this person. The perp would, of course, be going about his business.
IDK, so much to just wonder about.

I'm not reading anything into the immediate family not searching other than it is probably police SOP not to have the immediate family out searching. I imagine the family is too distraught to even consider searching, anyway. Can you imagine if they found Holly deceased?

I also think they would follow LE's instructions not to search without requiring LE to stand guard to ensure they didn't search.

Apparently, Holly's cousin Whitney Duncan has searched. Her tweet on April 25th says, "I can't count how many ticks we got in the woods yesterday. Finding them everywhere!"

http://twitter.com/#!/whitneyduncan

Interesting that the cousin has also stopped tweeting as of the find on Easter Sunday. She was tweeting every day before that. :waitasec:

I think thats a good question.
The mother and father do speak out in a 4/15 video
msnbc.com Video Player

The mother is terrified and beyond words, heartbreaking. The father does his best to not break down himself. A very emotional plea.

Another question nagging me is the 911 calls, the timeline and the mother being present when LE first arrived.

Mrs Bobo was at school/work (I've read this...no link at the moment) and made it back to the home before LE arrived. Its a 30 min trip. so looking at the time frame she must have taken the call from Clint quite seriously from the get go. LE says their call came in at 7:59 and they responded immediately.

Other reports say Holly was last seen at 7:45
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110413024

Seems like something specific made Mrs. Bobo react immediately and head for home. I'm speculating class had not started.

Hope this makes sense.
If it were my kids I would never dream something so horrible had happened given the facts we have so far. Something more must have been very very serious.

The screams...I grew up in the country in a rural setting. We had lots of acres of wooded land and much wildlife. At night the coyotes sound eerily like children laughing or crying. Loons and other birds make noises that could be scary. The neighbor must have been very, very close and sure what she heard was not wildlife.

JMO my brain has been mush for a few days. I blame it on hormones.

Sheriff Wyatt first reported the 911 call being made at 7:30, and LE arriving at the house at 7:59. If this account is correct, then if Clint called his mom first before calling 911, she would have had a couple minutes head start on the police and driving at a high rate of speed, could have made it a few minutes before LE arrived.

Sheriff Wyatt's second report had the call coming in at 7:59 and LE heading to the home right away. He doesn't give a time of arrival, just simply said the mother was there when they got there.

Some reports have her being last seen at 7:45 but then there are some reports that say the neighbor reported hearing a scream at 7:30.

I think without a concrete timeline provided by TBI, we really aren't sure what the exact times are.

Sheriff Wyatt first reported the 911 call being made at 7:30, and LE arriving at the house at 7:59. If this account is correct, then if Clint called his mom first before calling 911, she would have had a couple minutes head start on the police and driving at a high rate of speed, could have made it a few minutes before LE arrived.

Sheriff Wyatt's second report had the call coming in at 7:59 and LE heading to the home right away. He doesn't give a time of arrival, just simply said the mother was there when they got there.

Some reports have her being last seen at 7:45 but then there are some reports that say the neighbor reported hearing a scream at 7:30.

I think without a concrete timeline provided by TBI, we really aren't sure what the exact times are.

I keep wondering if the neighbor called 911 because she heard the mother screaming when she got home.

Just can't put 2 and 2 together when all we are given is 1.

Thanks lishac23,

Yes, its very hard to piece together a tight timeline and a loose timeline is full of questions at best.
I guess I am just questioning if there is something much more to the 911 calls and what we have not heard about Clint reporting this. The mother rushes home. Something is very wrong.
Were there guns missing from the home?
Did Clint hear the screams too?
Did Holly get off a text to someone?

What made Clint decide that the seemingly innocent trip into the woods with the BF in camo was now serious enough to call LE? We know there was blood but not enough to be lethal and we dont know if it was human...

I have kids this age, they do the darnedest things. Something was very very wrong from the get go that I think we havent heard yet.

MOO

I keep wondering if the neighbor called 911 because she heard the mother screaming when she got home.

Just can't put 2 and 2 together when all we are given is 1.

I don't think its been confirmed (surprise surprise) that the neighbor was the second 911 call. All that LE/TBI would confirm was that there was a second 911 call made by an unidentified woman. It may or may not have been HB's mother and it may or may not have been the neighbor.

I agree. Its hard to put a puzzle together when you're missing most of the pieces.

Not to completely disagree with you, but in what I've studied in "criminal mind" classes....rape is about sexual gratification. Its kind of like violent/rough sex is the fetish, and they rape because the power and the fear excites them.

Yes, it's the power and control, according to some of the psych classes I've taken. Think I originally said violence.......sexual gratification could be found other ways....but it's not....here's a wiki on it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

Not to completely disagree with you, but in what I've studied in "criminal mind" classes....rape is about sexual gratification. Its kind of like violent/rough sex is the fetish, and they rape becaue the power and the fear excites them.

I agree more with Mick... rape is not so much about sex as it is about control. Sex and violence are i things that can be used to exert control. Sexual gratification may be part of it but the gratification comes from power and control. But its a complicated subject and for me very emotional and personal.

I recommend this site for survivors www.pandys.org

No rumours please, this is just my wild guess. But I have thought perhaps one of the family pets was also missing.... would explain blood. The brother could have spied the injured/dead animal pretty quickly when looking around. This would be a major alarm for the family and would bring me home running. JMO

I don't think its been confirmed (surprise surprise) that the neighbor was the second 911 call. All that LE/TBI would confirm was that there was a second 911 call made by an unidentified woman. It may or may not have been HB's mother and it may or may not have been the neighbor.

I agree. Its hard to put a puzzle together when you're missing most of the pieces.

I doubt the second call was Hollys mother since it has been attributed to an unidentified woman that is assumed to be a neighbor who was outside getting into her can who heard screams.

Thanks lishac23,

Yes, its very hard to piece together a tight timeline and a loose timeline is full of questions at best.
I guess I am just questioning if there is something much more to the 911 calls and what we have not heard about Clint reporting this. The mother rushes home. Something is very wrong.
Were there guns missing from the home?
Did Clint hear the screams too?
Did Holly get off a text to someone?

What made Clint decide that the seemingly innocent trip into the woods with the BF in camo was now serious enough to call LE? We know there was blood but not enough to be lethal and we dont know if it was human...

I have kids this age, they do the darnedest things. Something was very very wrong from the get go that I think we havent heard yet.

MOO

I think this all ties in to why the 911 call wasn't released and the cousin in particular indicating that we didn't know the whole story. She tweeted that in response to people accusing the brother.

There was a lot of activity going on in a small window of time if we are to believe everything we think we know.

HB leaves the house and heads to car.

CB looks out window and sees HB with someone he "thought was her boyfriend" heading towards a wooded area of their property.

CB casually goes outside at some point and sees HB's car is still there and sees blood on the ground.

CB may or may not have tried to call HB on her phone.
CB may or may not have tried to call the boyfriend on his phone to verify if it was him with Holly.
CB called his mother.
CB called police.
Mother showed up at residence.
Police showed up at residence.

And all this was supposed to have gone on between 7:30 and 8am?

I think there is more to it than that. I think the brother heard and saw more than what we're being led to believe and knew something was wrong right away.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members