TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking along the lines of a motive....ruling out an ex, obsessesd stalker, ransom...have there been (other cases) other reasons one would kidnap someone? Maybe if we can come up with a motive it will help "narrow" down some of these theories as to what happened to her.

Agree- know it's most important for them to solve the case rather than tell us what's going on. But if they need the public's help I'm afraid they may have lost it.

Exactly! I want to briefly chime in about this side topic. Let me first say that the investigators are doing everything they can, and do great work. Clamping down on the information released, especially in a highly publicized cases seems to be the status quo.

That being said, the public is an amazing tool. In so many cases, I wonder if the crime would be solved if the LE community would just release a little bit more information.

In this case, the public isn't even told the exact location where the lunch bag was found. The perp knows where it was left, why not disclose the precise location? That could be extremely helpful. A member of the public might say, "Hey I used to fish at that exact place last month, and we would always see this odd guy with this pickup truck and out of state plates that would cook out."

Or take the vehicle and direction it left as an example. The LE community most likely identified tracks somewhere that would either lead them to believe it was an ATV or a truck. There is no reason, barring any extreme circumstances, that they can't follow two people's footprints into the woods, and identify where they exited the woods. Then they could release information like "we believe that the perp parked a truck or sport utility vehicle on (blank) street, and when leaving, first headed north on (blank) street." That would get people thinking more accurately, than simply saying, let us know if someone is cleaning a vehicle and looks stressed.

I know the professionals sure as heck know what they are doing, but it is frustrating sometimes to see information become limited to the point that any other leads by the public will dry up. Sometimes LE hits the lottery with the public, and some information they release resonates or tips off someone in the public. You then have a perp caught that would not have been caught otherwise. It just seems like its worth it to continue to release some information....

Some examples of things that might be helpful and not harm the case...
-Did the cell phone ping anywhere? (people might have realized something out of the ordinary in that particular location)

-Any idea on the type of the vehicle? (I doubt someone could be transported 8 miles away on an ATV, if they found tire treads they could link those to ones typically on a car or truck)

Stop and think what keeps a lot of these cases hot and in the news, drama in the family.
I think we have a normal loving family here.
No young boyfriend, moved in by the mother.
No family members with long drug arrests, or being arrested after the abduction.
No pending divorce by the parents.
There is no drama with this family, I'm sure it would be reported, reporters love to dig this stuff up.
We have a normal, loving family, LE seems to have only one thing to concentrate on, finding Holly and her abductor, or abductors.

I agree. This is not Hailey Dunn's family. These are nice, stable people by all accounts.

Anyone stop to think it could be one of those 600 some facebook friends?

Dont you think some of these kids put too much info out there?

We have a craigs list killer!

How the heck do u know who you are making a friend? Mary smith could be Thomas creepo>

Stop and think what keeps a lot of these cases hot and in the news, drama in the family.
I think we have a normal loving family here.
No young boyfriend, moved in by the mother.
No family members with long drug arrests, or being arrested after the abduction.
No pending divorce by the parents.
There is no drama with this family, I'm sure it would be reported, reporters love to dig this stuff up.
We have a normal, loving family, LE seems to have only one thing to concentrate on, finding Holly and her abductor, or abductors.

unless there is some unknown family dynamics we do not know. Not saying anything criminal, but we really dont know how everyone in her immediate and extended families interact with each other.

I suppose, it could be, that LE knows this is personal - knows who took Holly.

It sure seems it was a planned, targeted "kidnapping".

But if they had confidence about who the perp is, under what circumstances would they not put out a public BOLO?

To protect Holly somehow? :waitasec:
Because they are negotiating Holly's hostage situation?
To encourage accomplices to come forward - (the reward)?
To protect a larger LE objective (a sting of some sort)?
Because there were threats to Holly that previously went largely ignored by LE? (trying to avoid criticism of local LE?)

I don't get the total silence - it's very confusing. I keep thinking that there's a purpose to it though. And then I realize, it's just as likely that there is no purpose to it that has to do with Holly.

:praying: for Holly & her family

fwiw: there are still 33 members and 37 guests on this thread. they are not all posting; I sure wish they would. Last night, there were as many as 130 +/- here. Maybe more. IMO, here at WS, that is pretty high interest given the dirth of news on this case. c'mon WS-ers! It would be nice for everyone to say why YOU are still here. And what keeps bringing you back / troubles you most. Within TOS, obvs. :yes:

I am still here/keep coming back... because when I was in 6th grade my friend was abducted, raped, and murdered from a small town much like Holly's. Heck we didn't even have a stoplight at the time in our town.

They linked my friend's case to her murderer by a carpet fiber... he had killed other young girls in the area as well. The carpet fiber found with my friend matched the carpet in his van that he used to abduct them and was found on all his victims.

Every time I see a case like this where evidence is found (re: holly's items) I think back to my friend and how her murderer was caught by a little piece of carpet...and hope and pray that there is some link to Holly's kidnapper on the items they have recovered.

Anyone stop to think it could be one of those 600 some facebook friends?

Dont you think some of these kids put too much info out there?

We have a craigs list killer!

How the heck do u know who you are making a friend? Mary smith could be Thomas creepo>

I thought about that earlier, those friends would be a good place to start. Her block list may be an even better place (if she has one).

I am still strongly of the opinion that the perp did not originally use a car because he really didn't need one. I REALLY think he lived cose enough to Holly that he could get her into one area of the woods and out another area taking him right to some location he deemed to be safe. After looking into some people on my own, I do have a viable suspect in mind.....of course all of this is MOO!

I agree with that you said about the perp not originally using a car. I also think that there is a possiblity that, unfotunately, they may have killed her in the woods, and then took her possessions and scattered them to throw off their trail. That is JMO and something I was thinking about. :banghead:

unless there is some unknown family dynamics we do not know. Not saying anything criminal, but we really dont know how everyone in her immediate and extended families interact with each other.

No we don't, but I bet LE does and if it will help find Holly, I bet they are using it.
Sometimes LE does not need the public's help, other than what they have already asked for and received.
I think LE are working very hard and there is nothing cold about this case.

Several other cases have proven that when LE is quiet, or regrouping, or focusing in another direction, it often does NOT mean they are exactly hot on a trail or lead, but seemingly the opposite. That is what is a little disconcerting to me.

If LE was not still hot on the case, why would they still be protecting the Bobo house 24/7? Maybe greengreen or another local poster can confirm if LE is still guarding the house.

I'm assuming LE isn't going to camp out there forever. At some point, the Bobos will have to return to work and some type of routine and emerge from their house again, no matter what the outcome of this case is.

To me, their presence indicates that LE is onto something or someone.

I suppose, it could be, that LE knows this is personal - knows who took Holly.

It sure seems it was a planned, targeted "kidnapping".

But if they had confidence about who the perp is, under what circumstances would they not put out a public BOLO?

To protect Holly somehow? :waitasec:
Because they are negotiating Holly's hostage situation?
To encourage accomplices to come forward - (the reward)?
To protect a larger LE objective (a sting of some sort)?
Because there were threats to Holly that previously went largely ignored by LE? (trying to avoid criticism of local LE?)

I don't get the total silence - it's very confusing. I keep thinking that there's a purpose to it though. And then I realize, it's just as likely that there is no purpose to it that has to do with Holly.

:praying: for Holly & her family

fwiw: there are still 33 members and 37 guests on this thread. they are not all posting; I sure wish they would. Last night, there were as many as 130 +/- here. Maybe more. IMO, here at WS, that is pretty high interest given the dirth of news on this case. c'mon WS-ers! It would be nice for everyone to say why YOU are still here. And what keeps bringing you back / troubles you most. Within TOS, obvs. :yes:

I keep coming back hoping Holly has been rescued. We need some good news .

Hi Norest!

I know LE wants to bring her home in the safest way possible, but do u think they will?

Where do you think this is going?

I just never saw a case like this is all

Will we be comming back to this thread in a years time wondering if they found anything.

Soon the towns ppl will start talking and then we will find out some things.

JMPO

Honestly, I can't speculate on whether they will bring her home safely or not. I WANT to believe it and am trying to keep positive thoughts, but I am more than familiar with statistics AND more than familiar with LE "screw-ups"...ie, Jon Benet Ramsey, the Drew Peterson case and even the little gal in my signature - she was murdered violently in a tiny community in Alaska where there had NEVER in history been such a case and hasn't since. But, corruption and political secrets brought no justice for this family. It was and IS such a solvable case, but it's almost beyond repair now.

I'm NOT saying that LE in Holly's case is incompetent, on the contrary, I feel that they are being beyond careful. But, as we both said, we won't know a lot of things until time passes.

And I agree...I've never seen a case like this before either.

Several other cases have proven that when LE is quiet, or regrouping, or focusing in another direction, it often does NOT mean they are exactly hot on a trail or lead, but seemingly the opposite. That is what is a little disconcerting to me.

Can you name any specific cases?

Sure we are. My cousin was murdered along with 14 or so other young girls. 35 years ago. No one was ever charged, but I did get some info never released by LE. Well, BIG WHOOP, the killer has never been named as far as any of us know. Let's hear it for keeping things close to the vest.:great:

Trident...do you mind telling me what state your cousin lived in? Were the other victims from the same state? Sorry to be OT here guys!

[/B]

Can you provide a link? Because I certainly have read nothing of the sort. Nor have I heard it on the news.
I qualified it with an IF but MOO it's going to end up being that someone with some juice in the town has a family member involved...again IMO. LE has no choice but to remain totally silent as it is one of those deals where only the perps will know/could know about the evidence.

I think they're quiet here because they have to be. They had a problem with leaks and now what they've done is bring this in tight to just professional searchers. This is where people that may get inside information need to keep it quiet as it may come down to "knowledge only the perp could have" type of deal in the court stage.

If LE was not still hot on the case, why would they still be protecting the Bobo house 24/7? Maybe greengreen or another local poster can confirm if LE is still guarding the house.

I'm assuming LE isn't going to camp out there forever. At some point, the Bobos will have to return to work and some type of routine and emerge from their house again, no matter what the outcome of this case is.

To me, their presence indicates that LE is onto something or someone.

Last report was yes. They could be doing it to keep the media away or if this was a deeply personal abduction because there's some fear of more trouble. Who knows?

Can you name any specific cases?

Kyron Horman comes to mind; they have used odd phrases about "a different lens" etc...and have never named a POI. While many have concluded on their own that Terri Horman is guilty, LE never mentions her and seems to be stuck, per their own words, without any physical evidence and not knowing if he dead or alive after all this time.

I'm here because I survived an assault that took my sister. Some cases just ring home with me and attract my focus. Then I emotionally obsess over it to the point some times I cant sleep or get physically sick. When there is a bad outcome I hit rock bottom. But thats how it is. I have to do it. I guess I am both looking for something for myself out of all this, and trying to feel productive or helpful to others.

And theres lots of good folks around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay