TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyron Horman comes to mind; they have used odd phrases about "a different lens" etc...and have never named a POI. While many have concluded on their own that Terri Horman is guilty, LE never mentions her and seems to be stuck, per their own words, without any physical evidence and not knowing if he dead or alive after all this time.

I don't know much about that case, but I did believe Terri Horman was guilty from the beginning myself. I haven't followed this case, so wasn't aware about LE, but this is an interesting case to look at for me because it seems to be in line with what you are claiming.

Kyron Horman comes to mind; they have used odd phrases about "a different lens" etc...and have never named a POI. While many have concluded on their own that Terri Horman is guilty, LE never mentions her and seems to be stuck, per their own words, without any physical evidence and not knowing if he dead or alive after all this time.

The Haleigh Cummings case is another one (close to where I live). While most of the principle cast of characters is in jail or has been in jail, its all been for unrelated charges like bad checks and dealing in pills. I don't think anyone was named a POI or suspect even though most people can assume who does know more than they ever have let on.

I think most folks don't need a 'lens' to see the truth about Kyron's disappearance; it's quite visible to the naked eye.

The Haleigh Cummings case is another one (close to where I live). While most of the principle cast of characters is in jail or has been in jail, its all been for unrelated charges like bad checks and dealing in pills. I don't think anyone was named a POI or suspect even though most people can assume who does know more than they ever have let on.

That's another case that I followed in the beginning but it got SO messed up. I bet that living in that community, or near, you probably just want to go find the baby yourself! These type of people don't deserve to have children!

I better get going...have to work this afternoon...and I'm getting O/T.

If LE was not still hot on the case, why would they still be protecting the Bobo house 24/7? Maybe greengreen or another local poster can confirm if LE is still guarding the house.

I'm assuming LE isn't going to camp out there forever. At some point, the Bobos will have to return to work and some type of routine and emerge from their house again, no matter what the outcome of this case is.

To me, their presence indicates that LE is onto something or someone.

Do you know of any reports that the family has or has not participated in any of the searches? Not that I'm suggesting they're required to, but just curious if LE has kept them secluded. IF so, wouldn't that possibly suggest that the whole family may have been in danger and not just HB?

Media can be kept away without a constant police presence. The Bobos' house is way off the beaten path in a rural area.

The family spokesman, Kevin Bromley, could also stay on hand to fend off reporters. I've never personally seen a case where LE stayed in front of a house constantly (with a port-a-potty, no less!) for over 2 weeks and counting.

I think most folks don't need a 'lens' to see the truth about Kyron's disappearance; it's quite visible to the naked eye.

Possibly, but I think LE has a lot of eggs in the computer forensics basket, and it is quite possible they just won't, or haven't, find what they need there. So the case lingers on...

Media can be kept away without a constant police presence. The Bobos' house is way off the beaten path in a rural area.

The family spokesman, Kevin Bromley, could also stay on hand to fend off reporters. I've never personally seen a case where LE stayed in front of a house constantly (with a port-a-potty, no less!) for over 2 weeks and counting.

A lot of nuts on the internet have blamed the brother for not taking action, or more. Could there be threats against family?

Peeps, we aren't even 3 weeks into this case, myself, I'm willing to give it more time, before I call it a cold case and think that LE has hit a block wall.

Ok I gotta gotta gotta get going and do some things. Take good care y'all!! Been a good morning here even with no real new news. Lots of good ideas and thoughts!

I agree with that you said about the perp not originally using a car. I also think that there is a possiblity that, unfotunately, they may have killed her in the woods, and then took her possessions and scattered them to throw off their trail. That is JMO and something I was thinking about. :banghead:

Interesting idea. I never thought that much into it because I thought the police could easily track the foot prints in the woods. Many trackers can do this very well with high precision.

Looking at Google Earth, it looks like there are a hand full of houses a perp could walk to south of the victim's homes (~ .2 miles). There are also a few west of the residence (~.8 miles).

Still, I'm not sure about a perp within walking distance. If the perp only wanted to murder her, why even walk her to the woods. Why not kill her near the car?

If it was a planned sexual assault, I'm not sure if it would have been committed at 7:30am while in some random area of the woods. One would think it would more likely occur at night.

Interesting idea. I never thought that much into it because I thought the police could easily track the foot prints in the woods. Many trackers can do this very well with high precision.

Looking at Google Earth, it looks like there are a hand full of houses a perp could walk to south of the victim's homes (~ .2 miles). There are also a few west of the residence (~.8 miles).

Still, I'm not sure about a perp within walking distance. If the perp only wanted to murder her, why even walk her to the woods. Why not kill her near the car?

If it was a planned sexual assault, I'm not sure if it would have been committed at 7:30am while in some random area of the woods. One would think it would more likely occur at night.

We just had a rape on a trail in one of the nicer Twin Cities suburbs. It happened to a woman jogging at 5:30a. I could not help but wonder who would be up at 5:30a thinking about a sexual assault. I feel the same with Holly - 7:30a?

Are there any stats on the times of day when sexual assaults occur most frequently?

We just had a rape on a trail in one of the nicer Twin Cities suburbs. It happened to a woman jogging at 5:30a. I could not help but wonder who would be up at 5:30a thinking about a sexual assault. I feel the same with Holly - 7:30a?

I'd think it strange too, unless they'd been up a long time stimulating themselves with thinking about it. Maybe watching *advertiser censored* or something like that could do it.

Do you know of any reports that the family has or has not participated in any of the searches? Not that I'm suggesting they're required to, but just curious if LE has kept them secluded. IF so, wouldn't that possibly suggest that the whole family may have been in danger and not just HB?

I'm not reading anything into the immediate family not searching other than it is probably police SOP not to have the immediate family out searching. I imagine the family is too distraught to even consider searching, anyway. Can you imagine if they found Holly deceased?

I also think they would follow LE's instructions not to search without requiring LE to stand guard to ensure they didn't search.

Apparently, Holly's cousin Whitney Duncan has searched. Her tweet on April 25th says, "I can't count how many ticks we got in the woods yesterday. Finding them everywhere!"

http://twitter.com/#!/whitneyduncan

Peeps, we aren't even 3 weeks into this case, myself, I'm willing to give it more time, before I call it a cold case and think that LE has hit a block wall.

me too! ITA!!! for those who followed the the Caylee Anthony case (search, etc) her search was also impeded by weather (a hurricane in her case)

that being said:

1)the tbi took over the release of info to the public from day two and they are known to be tight lipped

2)most of the news reported ((will nunley twitter to name just one)) was from boots on the ground searching... not from investigative reporting so now that the volunteer search has been called off due to weather we are not hearing from these folks

wow... I thought I had a number 3 but I think that about sums it up:
-there is no investigative reporting going on here so we hear nothing from that angle

-the tbi is very quiet about the entire case

all this imhoo does not indicate a cold case but rather what it is: investigators doing their jobs round the clock to bring Holly home and nothing being leaked pretty much, even by the media. ((and not a one of them doing FOI on search warrants, 911 transcripts, etc))

[

I'd think it strange too, unless they'd been up a long time stimulating themselves with thinking about it. Maybe watching *advertiser censored* or something like that could do it.

I don't know...I think a lot of these creeps get as many thrills off the "stalking" part of it as they do the actual sexual act, perhaps that's what gets them "excited"? I'm not sure time of day plays much importance in it? We have a few local creeps here who are always exposing themselves and masturbating near this very public trail where people run and bike. Many times it's in the afternoon when the trail is at it's busiest. I don't get it. Ick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay