TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts about the initial LE response:

Think about how different it could have been: (a) If CB had not seen HB with the unidentified man. It would have been a missing persons case. LE would have responded, but not with the same urgency. (b) If CB had not noticed the blood. He might have hesitated to call his mother or 911. The LE search might have been delayed for quite a while. (c) If the neighbor had not heard a scream. Again, the LE search might have been delayed for quite a while. (d) If CB had not been at home. It might have been hours before HB was reported missing.

The 911 call. The blood. The unidentified man. The fact that CB could verify that HB was gone. All of this convinced LE to respond immediately. LE had a good idea that an abduction had, in fact, just taken place. That no car was seen probably led them to believe also that there was a good chance HB and her abductor were on foot. So, if they responded quickly, they had a good chance to find (and rescue) HB.

But they did not find her. I have to believe, then, that the abductor restrained HB, placed her in his trunk (perhaps), and left the immediate area. Even though LE responded as quickly as they could, it was not quick enough. HB and her abductor were gone. I do not blame LE at all. Had the abductor taken HB into the woods, raped and killed her there, LE might have caught up to him. But, again, I think he got out of the area quickly, taking HB with him.

I don't think its been confirmed (surprise surprise) that the neighbor was the second 911 call. All that LE/TBI would confirm was that there was a second 911 call made by an unidentified woman. It may or may not have been HB's mother and it may or may not have been the neighbor.

I agree. Its hard to put a puzzle together when you're missing most of the pieces.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html

A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.

Thanks lishac23,

Yes, its very hard to piece together a tight timeline and a loose timeline is full of questions at best.
I guess I am just questioning if there is something much more to the 911 calls and what we have not heard about Clint reporting this. The mother rushes home. Something is very wrong.
Were there guns missing from the home?
Did Clint hear the screams too?
Did Holly get off a text to someone?

What made Clint decide that the seemingly innocent trip into the woods with the BF in camo was now serious enough to call LE? We know there was blood but not enough to be lethal and we dont know if it was human...

I have kids this age, they do the darnedest things. Something was very very wrong from the get go that I think we havent heard yet.

MOO

I TOTALLY agree. What's also interesting is that LE won't say who made the second call. If it wasn't the neighbor, was it the mother....maybe HB herself?

I agree more with Mick... rape is not so much about sex as it is about control. Sex and violence are i things that can be used to exert control. Sexual gratification may be part of it but the gratification comes from power and control. But its a complicated subject and for me very emotional and personal.

I recommend this site for survivors www.pandys.org

I apologize if any of my comment caused you emotional pain.

No rumours please, this is just my wild guess. But I have thought perhaps one of the family pets was also missing.... would explain blood. The brother could have spied the injured/dead animal pretty quickly when looking around. This would be a major alarm for the family and would bring me home running. JMO

This IMO could be another reason why they are so well guarded....I can't currently find the link but someone said there were two family dogs and one was a larger sized dog (only implying that it was like an outside dog because of size) but again.....we won't know unless that info is released.:banghead:

Good Friday fellow WSers. I keep coming back checking for updates and hopefully some resolution to this mysterious case. I pray for Holly, her family & LE. I got started with WS during Somer Thompson and continued with Kyron. The rumors, while often creative, can indeed be hurtful to case and those involved. If one thinks that it has been tough on brother, take a look at Somer Thompson's case - rumors were brutal about her mother (even to the clothes she wore to a candle lighting). ON here, it frustrates me when pages & pages are posted hashing and rehashing one detail that we have no facts about but we all have a theory. It's provocative the first go around or two, but on the 50th time of rehashing... gets old & tired.
I believe locals have good ideas on who may be responsible (I too from small town and that is how things roll) and are keeping quiet at request of LE and in hopes that will get her found. They were on their hands and knees searching & out in heavy woods - keeping things close to the vest is easy compared to that effort.

I to am frustrated over lack of official facts being made known; but continue to believe LE is doing their work as needed and there must be a valid reason they are remaining mum. One example, more exact details on the morning time line; with Mom rushing home and LE rushing (I assume) to the house, could it be that either passed a vehicle on the road that is key? Wonder whether Mom and LE would be coming to house from different directions? LE knows this information and I believe much more.
I choose to keep faith (or maybe I've watch too many "Criminal Minds" shows) and I continue to believe that Holly could be found alive and the perp apprehended. Until we get official word otherwise, I'll continue to believe.... and I'll keep coming back to WS for facts and updates. Hope & prayers that today will be the day.

I think this all ties in to why the 911 call wasn't released and the cousin in particular indicating that we didn't know the whole story. She tweeted that in response to people accusing the brother.

There was a lot of activity going on in a small window of time if we are to believe everything we think we know.

HB leaves the house and heads to car.

CB looks out window and sees HB with someone he "thought was her boyfriend" heading towards a wooded area of their property.

CB casually goes outside at some point and sees HB's car is still there and sees blood on the ground.

CB may or may not have tried to call HB on her phone.
CB may or may not have tried to call the boyfriend on his phone to verify if it was him with Holly.
CB called his mother.
CB called police.
Mother showed up at residence.
Police showed up at residence.

And all this was supposed to have gone on between 7:30 and 8am?

I think there is more to it than that. I think the brother heard and saw more than what we're being led to believe and knew something was wrong right away.

MOO

Thank you for also including the cousin. You put into words what I was trying to say.

I apologize if any of my comment caused you emotional pain.

Oh no not at all. Rape can be a touchy subject but Im glad it got brought up here because its probably the 500 lb gorilla in the room that many people wont discuss.
:seeya:

Pictures or a video.

I don't think this is the case, partly because the phone would have been left someplace where it was sure to be found, not found by chance, if the kidnapper wanted LE to know she was alive (I do not believe Holly is leaving a "trail"). Also because my impression was that her mom was grateful that something was found, anything, that might help the investigation or at least continue the searches, as the day before, LE had stated that the investigation might change/move nationwide after Sunday, if nothing was found.

As far as early morning attacks, joggers are out during these hours, often an "easy target" due to headphones, distractions, etc...not that uncommon.

I don't think this is the case, partly because the phone would have been left someplace where it was sure to be found, not found by chance, if the kidnapper wanted LE to know she was alive (I do not believe Holly is leaving a "trail"). Also because my impression was that her mom was grateful that something was found, anything, that might help the investigation or at least continue the searches, as the day before, LE had stated that the investigation might change/move nationwide after Sunday, if nothing was found.

As far as early morning attacks, joggers are out during these hours, often an "easy target" due to headphones, distractions, etc...not that uncommon.

I don't think it was found by chance. I think they got a tip of where it was.

Oh no not at all. Rape can be a touchy subject but Im glad it got brought up here because its probably the 500 lb gorilla in the room that many people wont discuss.
:seeya:

I agree...I didn't mean to state it as a fact, but just wanted to give another theory as to why it happens. I've experience violent crimes, so I know how easily a simple comment can bring back those emotions. Sometimes I get so caught up in the discussion that I forget to be a little more sensitive, especially in here, when commenting on certain topics.

:crazy:

We were attacked around 3 AM but thats when we would get home from work.

Stuff happens at all different times. My partner and I had a minor break in at our house on a Sunday afternoon about 4:30 PM. That seemed odd. We had been home and went out for a short time and it happened while we were gone. Broad daylight, lots of people around and its generally a very secure neighborhood. But if someone wants to commit a crime they will do it...

That was a real odd break in too and LE never came up with ANYTHING. Someone broke out a window to get into our house but they took all the broken glass with them and the item they broke the window with!

I doubt the second call was Hollys mother since it has been attributed to an unidentified woman that is assumed to be a neighbor who was outside getting into her can who heard screams.

Carla, are you holding back info from us, on a description of the neighbors car, that we don't know about?

Does anyone know if there is the possibility of rewinding the scanner tapes to see if the initial calls can be heard?

Probably not, but just a thought.

Stuff happens at all different times. My partner and I had a minor break in at our house on a Sunday afternoon about 4:30 PM. That seemed odd. We had been home and went out for a short time and it happened while we were gone. Broad daylight, lots of people around and its generally a very secure neighborhood. But if someone wants to commit a crime they will do it...

That was a real odd break in too and LE never came up with ANYTHING. Someone broke out a window to get into our house but they took all the broken glass with them and the item they broke the window with!

I blame the tru crime/forensic shows (love um and watch um though) but showing what kinds of evidence LE has used to catch other people.... teaches criminals how not to get caught.

My cousin was murdered in broad daylight leaving to go to work. Two suspects...one that did the shooting, while the other one stood next to him and picked up the shell casings.

Based on everything going on in terms of how the case is being handled, and IMO, MOO etc....

I believe we're going to find this is a well healed member of a very well off family from somewhere within the area/general community. There are some enormous tracts of land many are privately owned.

They've gone totally silent for a reason, they've stopped public searches for a reason. Something is going on IMO.

I'm so glad you both are safe! The same thing happened to our neighbor a couple weeks back. It was noon, safe area, just stepped out for 1 hour, broke the window...only difference is they left tons of fingerprints. Also that case i posted earlier Bonnie Craig, she was taken very early in the morning also. MOO

Interesting that the cousin has also stopped tweeting as of the find on Easter Sunday. She was tweeting every day before that. :waitasec:

oh, that is interesting. good catch. why the silence? no calls for volunteers since.

maybe LE said - okay, time to go off radar as far as public involvement.

why?

ugh. brain hurts.

Here's what I think is the sequence of events:

Karen packs Holly's lunch.

approx 7:00 - Dana and Karen go to work.

approx 7:30/7:35 - Holly exits the house to go to school.

Holly encounters the perp at her car near the carport.

Perp tells Holly to go with him. She refuses.

Perp cuts or stabs Holly, or perhaps punches her in the nose or mouth, to compel her to comply.

Holly screams in shock and/or pain. (Neighbor hears scream.)

approx 7:40 - Perp grabs Holly's arm, and begins walking her towards the woods. Holly, in fear, walks along with him.

Clint, just getting out of the shower, is unsure of noises he heard, can't quite identify them as urgent screams, so looks out the window.

Clint sees perp and Holly from the back walking towards the woods. Clint thinks Holly is with her boyfriend, and that perhaps her boyfriend startled her when she went out, or played a prank, causing her to scream. He therefore thinks it's not an emergency.

Clint gets dressed for work.

approx 7:45/7:50 - Clint leaves for work, and sees Holly's car still there, and blood on the ground.

Now Clint puts the blood together with the noises he heard earlier, perhaps now identifying them as urgent screams, and recognizes something is wrong.

Clint calls 911, or perhaps first calls mom, tells her the situation, and asks what to do, and she tells him to call 911, and says she's heading home.

Clint may have gone out and looked around for Holly. He may have been on the phone with mom off and on (or continuously) as mom is driving home.

7:59 - Mom becomes more frantic, perhaps because Clint can't find Holly, or he's hollering for Holly and she's not answering, and mom puts in another call to 911.

Mom arrives home.

LE, delayed a bit as investigators say, arrives some time afterward, perhaps 8:20 or 8:30.

Links for source references here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members