TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us long-term posters on websleuths have been victims ourselves and/or had family members/friends who have been victims.

We are victim advocate oriented.

LE is still very active in the area, they have not given up. It is frustrating to not know but I still have confidence in them. If they are local there has to be more than one abductor, I don't believe something like this could be pulled off in such a small town by one person. As for the rumors, for every one that non locals are hearing we are hearing 5 times that. Some come up more than others, but we can only assume they are rumors until told different.

Locals..........are you afraid ???
Do you thin this is an isolated case or young women in danger?

Emma- i'm here because of Bonnie Craig.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/crime/craig/

I was the same age as her when she went missing and caught the bus just hours after her on the same road. They didn't find her murder until 13 years later. He was a soldier, they caught him by DNA.

I also am a mother of 3 kids, 2 girls. I don't want any family to have to go through what these families have gone through. If my imput helps in some way to find someone or help in any way would make it all worth my time.

back to the case here.....not sure if this has been posted yet...

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...still-hope?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent in Charge John Mehr said leads are being checked daily and that there is not a time frame as to when volunteers will be asked to return in the search for Bobo.

Officials decided Wednesday to suspend the use of volunteers in light of rising floodwaters.

Mehr said investigators continue to reach out to law enforcement in other states to verify information given in leads.

"We still have hope that we'll find her and bring her home," Mehr said.

Everyone wants whoever did this to be off the street. I would say people are a little scared, but it doesn't change the fact that the people here want to find Holly. I would think if people needed to be scared LE would tell us instead of being silent on the matter. I would say there are a lot more guns loaded and ready in the area. On the searches I saw a lot of guns, and they were worn openly.

Town people are already talking but it falls into the rumor category so we cant talk about it here...I have heard lots of talk actually..

Maybe LE will come forward with some info soon! I sure hope so!

so have i! I know they are not saying much but in a months time FB will be very active again... JMO

PPL will start talking neighbors to neighbor and relatives, soon bits and pieces come out. JMO

Well let's disregard most of what I have said on my opinion that was based on rumors. As MIL stated the rumors are more than likely hurting the investigation. If everyone listens to the "rumors" they have tunnel vision. I have stated that the community feels Holly is alive. I still believe that the community as a whole believes this to be true. Myself, I am not so certain anymore. I pray she is at peace, regardless of the outcome. I also pray the person(s) responsible are held accountable.

To answer passionflowers question: women are scared now because of the lack of knowledge given by LE. As far as was Holly specifically targeted, I have no idea. HOWEVER, I believe the only way they will have enough evidence to get a conviction is to keep silent and not inform local LE about what the findings are. He thinks he is smart, but he is not that smart. I have full confidence in the TBI and their investigation.

Edit: Do I believe Holly was specifically targeted? Yes. By an ex-boyfriend or some unrequited love? I doubt it.

Many of us long-term posters on websleuths have been victims ourselves and/or had family members/friends who have been victims.

We are victim advocate oriented.

Sure we are. My cousin was murdered along with 14 or so other young girls. 35 years ago. No one was ever charged, but I did get some info never released by LE. Well, BIG WHOOP, the killer has never been named as far as any of us know. Let's hear it for keeping things close to the vest.:great:

I suppose, it could be, that LE knows this is personal - knows who took Holly.

It sure seems it was a planned, targeted "kidnapping".

But if they had confidence about who the perp is, under what circumstances would they not put out a public BOLO?

To protect Holly somehow? :waitasec:
Because they are negotiating Holly's hostage situation?
To encourage accomplices to come forward - (the reward)?
To protect a larger LE objective (a sting of some sort)?
Because there were threats to Holly that previously went largely ignored by LE? (trying to avoid criticism of local LE?)

I don't get the total silence - it's very confusing. I keep thinking that there's a purpose to it though. And then I realize, it's just as likely that there is no purpose to it that has to do with Holly.

:praying: for Holly & her family

fwiw: there are still 33 members and 37 guests on this thread. they are not all posting; I sure wish they would. Last night, there were as many as 130 +/- here. Maybe more. IMO, here at WS, that is pretty high interest given the dirth of news on this case. c'mon WS-ers! It would be nice for everyone to say why YOU are still here. And what keeps bringing you back / troubles you most. Within TOS, obvs. :yes:

I keep coming here because I keep worrying about what Holly is going through if she is still alive..It bugs me EVERYday. :(

Well let's disregard most of what I have said on my opinion that was based on rumors. As MIL stated the rumors are more than likely hurting the investigation. If everyone listens to the "rumors" they have tunnel vision. I have stated that the community feels Holly is alive. I still believe that the community as a whole believes this to be true. Myself, I am not so certain anymore. I pray she is at peace, regardless of the outcome. I also pray the person(s) responsible are held accountable.

To answer passionflowers question: women are scared now because of the lack of knowledge given by LE. As far as was Holly specifically targeted, I have no idea. HOWEVER, I believe the only way they will have enough evidence to get a conviction is to keep silent and not inform local LE about what the findings are. He thinks he is smart, but he is not that smart. I have full confidence in the TBI and their investigation.

IMO if it's ever found local officials in any way shape or form assisted the perp or the family of the perp they should go to jail as accessories after the fact.

Disgusting that we all keep hearing that this is the good old boy network at work and that a criminal is being protected potential by his family and worse maybe town elders.

LE is still very active in the area, they have not given up. It is frustrating to not know but I still have confidence in them. If they are local there has to be more than one abductor, I don't believe something like this could be pulled off in such a small town by one person. As for the rumors, for every one that non locals are hearing we are hearing 5 times that. Some come up more than others, but we can only assume they are rumors until told different.

Why would it have to be more then one person? What would Motive be?
I can understand one person, only because it IS usually only one. the more ppl involved in a crime the harder it is to escape and the more evidence that can be found also the fear one would turn on the others.
Could they be brothers? Friends? but why take Holly? Assault her?
Mad at her BF? Revenge for something?

I have a hard time with multiple abductors but anything is possible JMO

Like I said earlier, maybe the abductor was already arrested for something else, then subsequently fessed up to abducting Holly. Now, they are trying to determine where Holly is, alive or deceased.

Or, maybe there is more than 1 abductor, as you say, accomplices, and LE is trying to determine where they are while running a parallel search for Holly.

JMO

IMO, LE is not talking to avoid what would become an elaborate cover-up if evidence was released.

Let me clarify that. Not LE covering up, but family members covering things up.

Now there is a mother and her daughters missing i think its 4 of them

IMO if it's ever found local officials in any way shape or form assisted the perp or the family of the perp they should go to jail as accessories after the fact.

Disgusting that we all keep hearing that this is the good old boy network at work and that a criminal is being protected potential by his family and worse maybe town elders.

I don't believe the part you said regarding local officials is true at all. I believe local LE is not informed because everybody knows everybody and it would get back to the abductor and his family and the coverup would begin.

IMO, LE is not talking to avoid what would become an elaborate cover-up if evidence was released.

Let me clarify that. Not LE covering up, but family members covering things up.

What happens if they are one and the same - related?

I too have lurked a lot behind the scenes just keeping up on things. Just like many others, I am a victim advocate. I want resolution for Holly and her family and friends and community too. I know that I would not feel as secure in that community unless I got it.
I have read every single solitary post on Holly Bobo since its onset and like most here, am frustrated as I do not know how to help!
I don't think I honestly spoke up at all on WS until the Zahra Baker case. I will never in my life forget that darling girl!

Im so happy to see this dialog opening up a little finally...people seem more relaxed than when I first came here and it is easier to think that way....(for me anyway)

:hugs:

Can you provide a link? Because I certainly have read nothing of the sort. Nor have I heard it on the news.

Stop and think what keeps a lot of these cases hot and in the news, drama in the family.
I think we have a normal loving family here.
No young boyfriend, moved in by the mother.
No family members with long drug arrests, or being arrested after the abduction.
No pending divorce by the parents.
There is no drama with this family, I'm sure it would be reported, reporters love to dig this stuff up.
We have a normal, loving family, LE seems to have only one thing to concentrate on, finding Holly and her abductor, or abductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay