TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to believe that LE in various cities has the ability to "hush" entire communities, yet sometimes it seems that way...Portland...this case...Ron Cumming's co-workers...etc...usually when it happens, it seems to be because the locals believe LE has their guy/guys but has not yet arrested them. Wonder what it means here.

Roughly, in my opinion, the same thing it means everywhere else - it's an "ongoing investigation", which may go on for years, and there may/may not be a good reason not to realease any facts. The good reasons may vary, depending on who's best interests are served. I didn't get his feeling at first, like I did in some other cases, but the longer it goes on with no information, the more I am leaning towards it.

I can no longer feel the lively vibes from Holly like I did in the beginning. To me this puts this case in the same "ongoing, no info" bin as the others that drag on and on, and my be solved in 20 years.

My opinion only

I wonder about some bits of info that may have been leaked but were then squashed before they made it onto prime time TV. For example. The Nancy Grace show ran ads starting on the Friday night before Easter alleging than Holly's Cell Phone had pinged after her abduction and that Holly had sent a text message to her boyfriend that morning. That story never aired the following Monday and oddly for NG she has not discussed Holly at all (instead going back over old news). Given NG will usually say just about anything weather it is true or not makes me wonder if a high up agency like the FBI told her to hush it up.

The headline for the story that never aired still shows up when you look

Show Pages - Nancy Grace - CNN.com
Missing Nurse Holly Bobo: did cell phone ping after abduction?
www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/?ref=s96.net -

I was wondering that also NG would beat a dead horse LOL JMO

FWIW ... There was a lengthy discussion about kidnapping vs abduction last night (as others have pointed out) including some links for legal definitions. I think one of the important differences is that kidnapping is the legal term used when bringing charges.

Still keeping Holly & her family in my prayers.

always JMO

Hi all,

I found this legal definition of kidnapping, where it lays out the the various aspects:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

Here's an interesting segment:

The Lindbergh Act was named for Charles A. Lindbergh, a celebrated aviator and Air Force colonel whose baby was kidnapped and killed in 1932. The act provides that if a victim is not released within 24 hours after being abducted, a court may presume that the victim was transported across state lines.
-------------------------------------------------
I haven't read the entire article, so my questions may be answered as I read the article or they already have been answered by the above cited portion:

If the kidnapper or abductor left Holly within state lines of TN, but then absconded to another state, would it still be a federal charge? If the kidnapper or abductor entered from another state to commit the kidnapping, but then left Holly within the state lines of TN, would that be considered a federal charge?

Like I said, according to the above citing it is encompased within the Lindbergh Act.

(I may revise my post, upon further understanding) Thank you.

Roughly, in my opinion, the same thing it means everywhere else - it's an "ongoing investigation", which may go on for years, and there may/may not be a good reason not to realease any facts. The good reasons may vary, depending on who's best interests are served. I didn't get his feeling at first, like I did in some other cases, but the longer it goes on with no information, the more I am leaning towards it.

I can no longer feel the lively vibes from Holly like I did in the beginning. To me this puts this case in the same "ongoing, no info" bin as the others that drag on and on, and my be solved in 20 years.

My opinion only

I just think ppl want to know what happening, That very normal, a beautiful young woman is missing. We havent heard anything from them in a very long long time. they send out the spokeswoman whos really has no knowledge of anything.
The case in NH the LE at least kept ppl updated.. We cant tell you that but we can tell u this....The did say alot without saying anything but we felt we were getting info and we were,,,, a few breadcrumbs dont hurt! JMO

Hi all,

I found this legal definition of kidnapping, where it lays out the the various aspects:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

Here's an interesting segment:

The Lindbergh Act was named for Charles A. Lindbergh, a celebrated aviator and Air Force colonel whose baby was kidnapped and killed in 1932. The act provides that if a victim is not released within 24 hours after being abducted, a court may presume that the victim was transported across state lines. .

Thats interesting about being transported across state lines since Lindberghs baby was NOT. Good act though.

I just think ppl want to know what happening, That very normal, a beautiful young woman is missing. We havent heard anything from them in a very long long time. they send out the spokeswoman whos really has no knowledge of anything.
The case in NH the LE at least kept ppl updated.. We cant tell you that but we can tell u this....The did say alot without saying anything but we felt we were getting info and we were,,,, a few breadcrumbs dont hurt! JMO

Well, you know, this is one of those scary kinds of crimes. No known motive, no suspects, nothing. If her brother didn't get a glimpse of the guy walking into the woods there would be NOTHING. Some crimes (while still WRONG) you can at least understand how they happened. Emotional stuff during divorces, drug deals going bad, mob hits, etc. Its the random stuff that freaks me out. And I take this case personally just due to my own experiences.

Eileen...it's not about what LE tells the public. It's about Holly and bringing her home in the safest way possible. LE doesn't care what any of us think or want. Once we understand and accept this, it will be easier to accept their silence. Some may never accept it, but we won't be able to know until this is over.

Perhaps we could start emailing Nancy Grace and other such shows to request coverage of Holly's case. Nancy seems preoccupied with the Anthony trial and 'tot-mom' as she calls Casey. But if we could put a bee in her bonnet about Holly, maybe she'd occasionally switch her ''Bombshell Tonight" to Holly.

Also, Dateline, 48 Hours, America's Most Wanted, even the morning shows like Today and GMA. Now that the royal wedding is over, they might be ready to turn their focus to a VERY puzzling mystery.

It was suggested earlier by one of our sleuths here that the authorities on the Holly Bobo investigation may have requested that the media back off so that they can accomplish the rescue or recovery of Holly and/or get as much as they can on the abductor or securing the abductor, etc.

JMO

It was suggested earlier by one of our sleuths here that the authorities on the Holly Bobo investigation have requested that the media back off so that they can accomplish the rescue or recovery of Holly and/or get as much as they can on the abductor or securing the abductor, etc.

That would make sense.

Well, you know, this is one of those scary kinds of crimes. No known motive, no suspects, nothing. If her brother didn't get a glimpse of the guy walking into the woods there would be NOTHING. Some crimes (while still WRONG) you can at least understand how they happened. Emotional stuff during divorces, drug deals going bad, mob hits, etc. Its the random stuff that freaks me out. And I take this case personally just due to my own experiences.

Oh i know you do!

There may be some legal wranglings/negotiations involved in arresting the suspect. JMO.

Eileen...it's not about what LE tells the public. It's about Holly and bringing her home in the safest way possible. LE doesn't care what any of us think or want. Once we understand and accept this, it will be easier to accept their silence. Some may never accept it, but we won't be able to know until this is over.

ITA. It's also about being able to prosecute the perp or perps responsible whether Holly is brought home or isn't (unfortunately).

There may be some legal wranglings/negotiations involved in arresting the suspect. JMO.

what would that be? unless say it was the embassador from Kazhakstan? I guess someone could be lawyered up somewhere but I dont think that protects someone from arrest. Could be wrong...?

Perhaps we could start emailing Nancy Grace and other such shows to request coverage of Holly's case. Nancy seems preoccupied with the Anthony trial and 'tot-mom' as she calls Casey. But if we could put a bee in her bonnet about Holly, maybe she'd occasionally switch her ''Bombshell Tonight" to Holly.

Also, Dateline, 48 Hours, America's Most Wanted, even the morning shows like Today and GMA. Now that the royal wedding is over, they might be ready to turn their focus to a VERY puzzling mystery.

I think normally NG would be all over Holly's case, but I don't think she can get anyone close to the investigation or even a local resident to talk about it on air. She has no one to interview.

Hi Norest!

I know LE wants to bring her home in the safest way possible, but do u think they will?

Where do you think this is going?

I just never saw a case like this is all

Will we be comming back to this thread in a years time wondering if they found anything.

Soon the towns ppl will start talking and then we will find out some things.

JMPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member