TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly Bobo's FB is not public. You have to be a friend. I cannot read her wall. And her brother's FB does not fit in to our policy.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. [COLOR="Red"[SIZE="5"]]the victim or suspect.[/SIZE][/COLOR] We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

We do not discuss the friends on her list. It is against our rules.

I think a couple of things came together for them over the weekend. There was clearly a significant find of some sort that changed the direction of the case. If you have a missing person who's in danger that may be wandering the woods you'd keep searching. IMO, MOO, if you know otherwise - either that's she's being held somewhere or no longer with us you treat it differently.

There's not even any talk of searching this weekend, so like I said, something has changed their tactics. The subtle statement by Helms about it narrowing towards a search for suspects...is interesting to me.

There's only a couple of options, she's being held somewhere or she's no longer with us. If she's not with us they're building a case against the perp, are trying to recover her or some combination of these things. In my heart I'm very down, but I still hold out hope.

I half contemplate whether this was a guy that was going to do something he shouldn't to her, maybe his intention was to take her somewhere and talk to her and he didn't think anyone would know. Then the 911 stuff starts and what was BAD now became a major major problem. Now he's stuck as there's no going back at that point and it would bring great shame to his family and friends. So he either stows her away or does something he shouldn't.

I now wonder in my mind, was this someone going to see her that knew he wasn't supposed to be there so he did it when he thought the place was empty/just her.

People don't think logically and the fight or flight response kicks in and here we are today?

No doubt in my mind he has help covering it up and planting evidence.

That just made me think of Natalie Holloway. :(

Homeland Security got involved in Kyron Horman case, too I believe...just another resource?

The 80,000.00 really has me stun...there a lot missing girls from TN and I can't find one that the gov. step in with a reward:waitasec:

The governor did catch a lot of heat for this and the reason given was that the DA's office contacted him and asked for it. I'll try and locate the article...

The governor did catch a lot of heat for this and the reason given was that the DA's office contacted him and asked for it. I'll try and locate the article...

So my question is: What about this case v/s all others would prompt the DA or SA to ask the Gov for the money....cause this is surely rare.

Who all is local here. I am and have been verified. Also does anyone on here know why homeland security would be involved?

I have to be careful here but just let me say I know for a fact they wouldn't be involved... ever in something like an abduction/possible murder, unless there was some threat to national security or it was related to national security. At least on the Federal level.

Do you think you would be able to hear a neighbor scream from their driveway?

I'm TOTALLY jealous of your acres by the way. :crazy:

I feel certain I would hear some of them if I had the windows open or if I was outside. We have 2 sheep and one our neighbors likes to hear them baa so he baas at them first. I can't even see their home but I can definitely hear him :crazy:
I live on a river and we have trailers and small homes across the street, average houses on the creek and McMansions(river lots) ,like my baaing neighbors, all on a short street. Lot's going on .
I can actually hear some things from waaaaaay across the river at times .

Artilcle mentioning Homeland Security.... for FWIW

"The kidnapping has gained the attention of Gov. Bill Haslam, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn and Bill Gibbons, commissioner of the state's Department of Safety and Homeland Security. Deputy Commissioner Larry Godwin, who spent 30 years with the Memphis Police Department, also is assisting in the investigation."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110422/NEWS25/104220323/Leads-Bobo-search-reviewed?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

okay it's a commision for the State of TN Homeland Security, still don't see why they'd be involved, but alright it's not the Feds.

Thanks, Emma.

It makes sense to me that Clint and/or Mom may have been calling both Holly's phone and the boyfriend's phone. That could also be what caused mom to become frantic enough to call 911 again - that Holly didn't answer her phone and/or that boyfriend was at work or at his home, leaving mom and Clint not knowing who the heck the perp was, or what he was doing with Holly.

For what it is worth to you... likely considered "rumor..." but it actually makes sense to me.

In the comments on news sites, people claiming to be friends of the family have commented.

They have said that the family is not speaking out because they are not going to do anything that could hurt the investigation or their chances of getting Holly back alive.

They have said Clint was alerted by the dog(s) barking and that is when he looked out and saw Holly walking away with the guy he thought was her boyfriend.

They have said that after he saw her car and the blood and became concerned... he called her boyfriend and found out he had been at work all day.

They have said at that point he freaked out and called their Mom, who was at school with students in the classroom (I do not know if class had started, just that students were present.) As well as calling 911. (I don't know in which order.)

They have said the second 911 call was from a neighbor who heard her scream.

They have said that Whitney Duncan's Mom works with Holly's Mom and was also at the school that day. That Holly and Whitney are more like sisters than cousins.

Those were the things that stood out to me as actually making sense...

Here is one of the people that was commenting for a while:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comments?type=user&loginCode={427D25C6-9A69-4159-BE92-9B7C52EE1012}

No, nothing reported that he either did, or did not, pursue. My money is on he did pursue.

When I think about it...

You realize 30-60 minutes after the fact that your sister was abducted, not led into the woods...

Where are you going to chase them into the woods?

You go to the spot you last saw them...

From there, which direction are you going to go through the woods if there are no tracks?

East? West? North? South? You are one person, which way did this guy take your sister?

After that long, odds are good they are already in a vehicle anyway...

It is one thing if you are right behind them and may very well catch them, but when they have a 30+ minute head start it seems like a total waste of time... when there is really no chance of you finding your sister and you could be back assisting law enforcement to get them to send out a bunch of people.

IF Clint witnessed the actual abduction, I would say absolutely it would be understandable to go out there after them. But to run into the woods 30+ minutes later... doesn't seem productive in that situation. (Families are not always productive in this situation and I wouldn't criticize him if he did that, but I don't think he did.)

Who all is local here. I am and have been verified. Also does anyone on here know why homeland security would be involved?

Okay, I think I figured out the Homeland Security thing. It was stated in this article:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110422/NEWS01/110422008/Volunteers-resume-search-Holly-Bobo-more-narrowly-defined-area?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

The kidnapping has gained the attention of Gov. Bill Haslam, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn and Bill Gibbons, commissioner of the state’s Department of Safety and Homeland Security. Deputy Commissioner Larry Godwin, who spent 30 years with the Memphis Police Department, also is assisting in the investigation.

So it's the State of Tennessee Dept. of Safety and Homeland Security, rather than US Govt.

http://www.tn.gov/safety/

Looks like the dept. covers many things, including highway patrol, motor vehicle licenses, etc.

Okay, I think I figured out the Homeland Security thing. It was stated in this article:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110422/NEWS01/110422008/Volunteers-resume-search-Holly-Bobo-more-narrowly-defined-area?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

The kidnapping has gained the attention of Gov. Bill Haslam, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn and Bill Gibbons, commissioner of the state’s Department of Safety and Homeland Security. Deputy Commissioner Larry Godwin, who spent 30 years with the Memphis Police Department, also is assisting in the investigation.

So it's the State of Tennessee Dept. of Safety and Homeland Security, rather than US Govt.

http://www.tn.gov/safety/

Looks like the dept. covers many things, including highway patrol, motor vehicle licenses, etc.

Ah..thanks. That explains it.

:)

Some things I have been thinking about:

1. Duct Tape- She was heard screaming, so obviously she didn't have it on her mouth from the time she left the car to where they heard the screams. So, sometime after that they must have put the tape on her mouth. What bothers me about this is that there was some tape found, and we don't know if it was for her mouth, hands, or both. Why take it off? I hate to say this, but was she already killed, or secured in a trunk, bunker, or other place?
2. I was thinking more on the planning part of the perp. I was wondering if they chose Tues. because of the impending storms that were coming. Using that to their benefit to "wash" away evidence? It really seems there was a lot of planning here, but that is JMO. The things we do know as true seem to point in that direction IMO. I am just hoping that the blood wasn't HB's, and that LE will be able to get a suspect based on DNA. Worst part of that is the waiting.....

Re: thoughts on the duct tape NOT being placed over her mouth til the scream heard..and that it had to have been placed on her mouth at some point after this..(as is describes ^above^)..

My thoughts differ in that ive thought possibly the duct tape was placed on her mouth soon after first making contact with the perp.. I feel that most likely it was on her mouth as she was being led into the dense woods(remember brother had visual of the two going toward and/or into the woods.. But the visual was of the back of these two)..thus IMO quite likely that the duct tape was aleady in place over Holly's mouth..

My thoughts than on how the scream occurred that the neighbor heard and reported are that possinly for a brief moment Holly was able to somehow maneuver herself into a position that would allow her to rip off the duct tape.. Her knowing the vicinty extremely well wouldve known at what exact point in the woods, coming out of the woods, etc that would be her very best chance of if she were able to scream tjat she would have the best chance of being heard by this specific neighbor.. I mean this was her neighbor and quite likely that Holly may even know their schedule somewhat to know and be aware that it was a time of day that most likely someone in that residence would be home(i.e. For example if she knew the wife was a SAHM or retired therefor most times at home around that time of the day)..

So my thoughts are that its quite possible that Holly was in self-preservance mode, realized the extreme danger of the situation she was in and therefor being a smart little coolie she was using her head to attempt in any way that she could to call attention for help and/or get away from the perp. I feel that she maneuvered herself into a position to just at the right moment be able to rip off the tape and atleast get out "a" scream if not more(as i dont believe we have any clarification on bow lo g/how many Screams were heard by neighbor)... Sadly i believe that it was only for a very brief moment that Holly was able to wrangle away from the perp but am fairly certain that Holly was praying like hell that itd been enough to serve her purpose of getting help...this makes me so very sad and angry..sad at the terror this poor young girl felt, her womanly instincts in full kicked and extremely aware that her situation was extremely dire, and even quite possibly realizing that she might not get out of it alive.. This fills me anxiety and sadness for her and at the same time intense anger at the audacity of these criminals to above all else put their selfish, sick, twisted desires and with complete sense of entitlement rip this young girl out of her life, her family, and most likely rip her off from the far of the earth.. Never to see her family, her loved ones..never again to enjoy her everyday life and that which she filled her days with.. Her pets.. Her friends.. Her interests..all off it gone.. An entire life wasted and entire community left broken and scared.. ALL FOR THE DESIRES OF AN EXTREMELY SELFISH, SICK, and DEPRAVED MONSTER WHO FELT HE WAS COMPLETELY ENTITLED TO DO SUCH!!
IT IS AN OUTRAGE AND I CAN PROMISE WHOMEVER HE/SHE/THEY IS THAT THIS YOUNG GIRL's FAMILY AND COMMUNITY WILL NOT STAND FOR WHAT's BEEN DONE..therefor the perp needs to know that no matter where.. No matter how hard you try to hide yourself under the guise of a fellow person of this community..YOU WILL BE SOUGHT OUT.. YOU WILL BE FOUND.. AND YOU WILL FACE THE SWIFT AND FIRM JUSTICE ON BEHALF OF MISS HOLLY LYNN BOBO!!

and that is a 100% GUARANTEE THAT IS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR THIS PERP(s)...

Jmo,tho!!

*plz forgive all typos/errors am posting via mobile:)

They typically only get involved if there is a possible threat to national and/or state security. I had to deal with them where I "work" (mostly sleuth) and I remember asking him what they do (color me thoroughly nosey) and that's the answer I got.

I think they were called in for Kyron Horman also, Maybe they handle the computer cell part of it.

They typically only get involved if there is a possible threat to national and/or state security. I had to deal with them where I "work" (mostly sleuth) and I remember asking him what they do (color me thoroughly nosey) and that's the answer I got.

Keep in mind they also operate surveillance drones and would be the access point for other forms of ultra surveillance.

Eventually even the rat has to come out of it's hole.

So my question is: What about this case v/s all others would prompt the DA or SA to ask the Gov for the money....cause this is surely rare.

Sorry, but I couldn't find the actual article, but I got the information from reading about the Shelly Jones Mook case. She's a mother "missing" in TN and the family was upset that not as much attention/reward money was being offered in her case. IIRC, there is an Emergency Relief Fund that the District Attorney's office can request reward money from. Any family of a missing person can contact the DA's office and ask for help...key word being ask. Once the family of SM heard about this "fund" they began sending letters/emails requesting additional reward money. As of yet, I'm not sure if they've got it. Maybe HB's family knew about this and contacted them or maybe one of Whitney's people knew. I can't say what makes some people more newsworthy than others. I think what is so intriguing about this case is that at this point it is truly a mystery. In Shelly's case, I think LE is pretty sure the ex-husband/boyfriend did it. Not that its a valid reason not to try as hard, just a thought.

Keep in mind they also operate surveillance drones and would be the access point for other forms of ultra surveillance.

Eventually even the rat has to come out of it's hole.

Like heat sensory stuff?

state's Department of Safety and Homeland Security. Deputy Commissioner Larry Godwin, who spent 30 years with the Memphis Police Department, also is assisting in the investigation."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110422/NEWS25/104220323/Leads-Bobo-search-reviewed?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Larry Godwin retired from the Memphis PD on April 15, and started as Deputy commissioner of TN Homeland Security the following Monday.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/14439056/larry-godwin-looks-back-on-early-years-spent-undercover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay