TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, Brad, how is this for wacky. A team or group of guys abducts a woman. One of them bails, and concocts a story of being kidnapped.

Or, maybe it was just one guy who concocts a story of being kidnapped.

I wish they would just tell us that this isn't connected to Holly.

Then, we can get on with it.

Been away for a day... was hoping when I came back I would see this case solved or a big break.... sadly not so....
Just some rambling thoughts I have.....
awhile back I asked about what the father did for a living and I see that's been answered... but the second part of my Q never was (?) - that being if he worked his business from his home since I don't see any sign of that... If he did, then possible that workers would meet there around the time HB when to school and who knows if a temp or someone might have taken notice of HB....
Most of the tree type business where I live work from their homes and have equip/garages ... if this is not the case, I wonder if father really works for a gov agency of some sort and the tree bus is a cover - I say this because the speed at which the governor increased the reward and how fast all agencies became involved, as well the way the family has been very quite throughout.... unlike so many other cases when family reaches out through the media to get LE more involved.

Okay, enough of my rambling... I'll go back to lurking... lastly I see the number of people view this thread has come way down...

Or, what if this guy kidnapped her himself, and made up the story about him being kidnapped as to draw suspicion away from himself? :waitasec:

Again, bingo. Stuff I have been thinking all along the way.

Surely, they have got to be questioning this guy.

I would think if it were not related, we would know by now.

Of course, if it's not related, I am fully anticipating to hear about what a stupid idea it was in the first place to even think it could be.

I think the FBI takes the second seat..They are usually called in immediately and then they distance themselves sometimes they totally leave and come back if requested tooo...I think they let TBI do their thing and assist and offer tips and how tooo's JMO

Just to expand a bit...

IMO, in this case, the federal agencies (and TN homeland security) offer their extremely specialized profiling & forensic services in support of TBI's efforts. These agencies can offer greater forensic expertise and processing capabilities - biological, physical and/or computer forensics. BAU & CARD provide profiling services. Also, they can support with witness interviewing, and advise on potentially connected cases.

The list of agencies that were involved in Kyron's case was truly mindboggling. I always wonder what about a case brings the investigation to this level - is it the lack of other evidence, a request from the governor, a request from the state agency, high profile nature... Anyway it's interesting to think about how complex it must be. And with so many cooks in the kitchen...there's probably a select (and insulated) few who all the info funnels up to...

Surely, they have got to be questioning this guy.

I would think if it were not related, we would know by now.

Of course, if it's not related, I am fully anticipating to hear about what a stupid idea it was in the first place to even think it could be.

I have to agree with you on that. It seems a rather odd coincidence, but worth checking out of they haven't already. I can't see any reason for this guy to make up a story that he was kidnapped for any other reason than to:

1. Draw suspicion away from himself, which would thus, in his mind, give him an alibi.
2. He just wanted attention. For what reason I have no idea.

Oh, by the way....I seen a post with a link just above yours about Henderson County search for HB. Where is that in relation to HB's home? I guess I could always look it up..:crazy:

MILofForensicSpecTBI....oh what I wouldn't give for your DIL to give a "yes we got something" or "no we don't". Even a simple thumbs up or thumbs down. ;)

In her line of work I know all cases are probably stressful...do you get an inkling from her that the TBI is feeling defeated?

Sorry to ask...grasping at straws here!! :confused:
I went out to dinner with her last night, and today we're having a stress relieving girls day out.......she won't talk about the case with the exception of saying TBI is optimistic this case will be solved.......hope she's right!

I went out to dinner with her last night, and today we're having a stress relieving girls day out.......she won't talk about the case with the exception of saying TBI is optimistic this case will be solved.......hope she's right!

Thanks! I knew she can't/wouldn't comment on the case (and I didn't expect her to), and I absolutely respect her for that, but what I wouldn't give for someone to throw us a bone. heehee

Enjoy your day! Sounds fabulous and I'm sure it's well needed.

:great: :dance::great:

:skip:

MIL - ty for putting a little bright spot in our anxious thread.

I really think they know who is responsible and I think it will be solved too!

Maybe a local and maybe not, at least not as local as LE makes him out to be. If he had parked and walked in through the woods, he would be able to find his way back out the same way, local or not.

I share this thought. It could be someone who has -- in the present or in the past -- had business in the area. Or he could be someone who makes an occasional visit to the area to see a friend or family member. In that case, he might not know the Bobos. But he might be familiar enough with the area to know the roads. Who knows? His original connection could be happenstance: he stops at a gas station to fill up. She happens to stop at the same time. Someone calls her by name. He hunts for info about her (e.g., on the Internet), locates an address, and the plan begins to hatch.

I just want to post two thoughts I have:

1) Many people look at the perp's "knowledge of the local roads" as evidence that he is a neighbor or lives in the area. This might not be the case because all it would take to become acclimated to the roads is a GPS, telling you which way to turn. This combined with someone driving into the area, checking out the house, landscape and schedule of the Bobo's activities for a few days, could mean that the perp did not need years of local knowledge to plan and carry out the abduction.

Case in point - "The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. " -Taken from this article about the case

2) I believe the school she was enrolled in is the University of Tennessee Martin Parsons Center. It is a newer facility located at 975 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN 38363-2954. I found it interesting that this school is located on TN-69 about 1.3 miles south from the location where searchers found some possession of Holly's on the side of TN-69. Could this mean that the perp had a reason to go into the TN-69 area immediately after the abduction? Say to go to class as an alibi? Just a thought.

Just getting in for the day ; so news is breaking that they're doing a search in a nearby county?

Now whats in Henderson county that they can be searching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000