TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the lunch box was found in a creek bed, to me, that means it was dried up and most likely the route that was taken. Holly could have had the lunch box on a strap and on her shoulder where it stayed as she was made to leave probably at gunpoint. Could the kidnapper have ridden a 4 wheeler down the creek bed and walked the rest of the way then gotten her out down the creek bed the same way? Has LE said anything about tracks or are they keeping that sort of thing quiet? I think he walked in and had some sort of mode to get away that wasn't any car or truck very closeby. With other abduction attempts and other missing/murdered then the poor girl is probably deceased.

I'm sorry, I hate to be the person who asks for others to repost things that I should easily be able to find, but I can't find the link to this FBI FB post/flier. I think I'm just too tired to think straight.

The other unsolved cases in the area do bother me, but think about this - the first was over 30 years ago. If they were related, the perp would have to be pretty old by now. Well not necessarily old, but much older than someone who would look like Holly's bf (per the description by her brother). Say he was in his 20s when he committed that first crime, he'd be in his 50s now. I don't know about that.

ETA: I know the brother only saw him from behind and he was wearing camo and most likely a hat (I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it's what I've pictured), but a 50-something-year-old and a 20-something-year-old just don't have the same body structure generally. KWIM?

I thought the creek bed was likely dry as well, or shallow as such things go, but the "find" location is a really long way from her house(8 miles). It would be pretty challenging to ride a 4 wheeler (even a big one) that far, accross country, with an unwilling person and not be seen as suspicious.

Maybe the creek bed was just near the roadside? I dunno.

I just can't figure out what would be found that would make LE think she is alive, and yet the rep, or whoever she is said on Tuesday that they have no indication whether she is alive or not.

I thought the creek bed was likely dry as well, or shallow as such things go, but the "find" location is a really long way from her house(8 miles). It would be pretty challenging to ride a 4 wheeler (even a big one) that far, accross country, with an unwilling person and not be seen as suspicious.

Maybe the creek bed was just near the roadside? I dunno.

I had initially thought the same thing. Second thoughts led me to think if he had shown a gun and threatened to kill her, he could have put her in front of him on the seat.

I honestly don't know that it would look that suspicious - until they actually started looking for her. Eight miles through these back woods is nothing for those that live here. There are probably well-worn trails for hunters and such leading into Natchez Trace State Park.

I have a couple of pictures of Natchez Trace State Park that I took a couple of days after the disappearance. Would it be ok to post them here for reference?

I remember reading that Holly's mother said she packed Holly's lunch that morning. (Rumor?) Does anyone know whether her lunch was still inside, uneaten? That probably wasn't discussed by LE, is my guess.

I don't have a link handy, but it was stated that the lunch was intact.

A few photos I took at Natchez Trace State Park on 4/20. At some point, this was one of the search areas. You can see for yourself the dense ground cover. This was on what I believe to be the major road through the park at around noon. There's not a whole lot of people or cars around. I believe the park itself is something like 48,000 acres.

Attachments

• NTSP More cool trees.jpg
    NTSP More cool trees.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 36
  • Deer at NTSP.jpg
    Deer at NTSP.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 36
  • NTSP Road.jpg
    NTSP Road.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 35
  • NTSP Lakeside.jpg
    NTSP Lakeside.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 34
A few photos I took at Natchez Trace State Park on 4/20. At some point, this was one of the search areas. You can see for yourself the dense ground cover. This was on what I believe to be the major road through the park at around noon. There's not a whole lot of people or cars around. I believe the park itself is something like 48,000 acres.

deer! awwwww...

Mehr said investigators "did not see drag marks." He added she was "not forcefully dragged and she's like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods" outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/national-news/tag/tennessee

Several older articles on this page, but I do not think I saw one before that said she walked into the woods...have seen "was led" into the woods after we finished with "was dragged."

Ooooohhhh, that's scary. He looks like a nice guy. I'd probably stop to help him.

Uggghhh, I'm going to freak myself out. Perhaps it's time to tune in to the Royal Wedding. Anybody else out there watching?

Yes, I have it on BBCA...I took a little nap earlier so may as well stick it out now :)

(But this kitty here couldn't stay up...)

Ooooohhhh, that's scary. He looks like a nice guy. I'd probably stop to help him.

Uggghhh, I'm going to freak myself out. Perhaps it's time to tune in to the Royal Wedding. Anybody else out there watching?

I'm taping it.

I really want to see the dress but it's soooooooooooo past my bedtime.

ENJOY!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no helping 10 most wanted. :nono:

Yes, I am watching. Never seen so many BIG HATS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth