TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Godwin retired from the Memphis PD on April 15, and started as Deputy commissioner of TN Homeland Security the following Monday.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/14439056/larry-godwin-looks-back-on-early-years-spent-undercover

Having lived in/around Memphis(suburbs) for 33 of my 35 yrs of life I can personally attest to Mr. Larry Godwin being an absolute asset to any case that would be so fortunate as to have his involvement and expertise.

Believe me Memphis was none too happy to have to see Godwin retire as of this year. He, alomg witb the vast majority of Memphis and Shelby County did not want him to leave as head of Memphis Police Dept. Unfortunately due to a choice made many moons ago on how to go about his salary being paid.. It was this issue alone that was the factor that made Godwin have to retire(basically in a nutshell due to the red tape of legalities and paperwork within the docs that were signed off on when deciding this specific route of how to be paid out his salary and retirement.. With the fine print one of the main factors was that regardless of ANYTHING that Godwin would have to retire as of April 2011)...
Attys went over these docs with fine tooth combs in attempts to find a way around this having to upheld and Godwin's havi g to retire, no such luck for us. Just as the article states as of the second week this month he officially was head of MPD no more :(

With Memphis having grown leaps and bounds(and still continuing to grow rapidly) as with many big cities with this growth came huge increases in criminal activity. I can attest that things very much were headed for doomsdah IMo before Godwin got in head position amd took over the reins. He has made strides of improvement way beyond anyone's wildest dreams and with his take no BS ways he has whipped Memphis and Shelby County into a city that we all thought was just a distant memory.. He is skilled, he is patient.. And he is intelligent. He, no doubt will absolutely be an asset to Holly's case and I, for one am thrilled to see him on the case!!

Go Godwin!!!

Sorry if this was already posted.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Identifying persons of interest

CBS reported, "Tennessee law enforcement officials say that the search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo is narrowing, as they begin the process of identifying persons of interest in the case."

An email was sent to Kristin Helm, the spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations, Wednesday to confirm the CBS report.

This was Helm's response: "No, that's incorrect. What I told the reporter was that our investigation was narrowing, there was no mention of a person of interest.
"Meaning that there's a lot of things we know now that we didn't know ten days ago and that our investigation is more focused. We are currently still following all leads."

OY!

they could have ripped the tape off because they may have covered her nose along with her mouth and she was suffocating! JMO

Or if it was just a strip, perhaps she pulled it off herself, and managed to scream before being subdued again...of course, at this point, a guess is a guess and ANYTHING could have happened....

Or if it was just a strip, perhaps she pulled it off herself, and managed to scream before being subdued again...of course, at this point, a guess is a guess and ANYTHING could have happened....

Well i dont think they would leave her hands free if they taped her mouth
. I wonder what the other clue was we know the lunch tote but there is one more Im starting to doubt the tape! JMO

Wow, I got nothing from this article that said LE have nothing, no clues, nor did I get that LE has suspended their investigation or their searching.

said they have 2 small clues!!!!!!!! (the lunch tote and what?)
they will search if there is credible evidence!

Yeah I am doubting the tape too....but hoping it was found! I know from owning a doberman puppy and taping his ears every 3 days that its almost impossible to keep fuzz and other debris like hair off the tape, so maybe some perp DNA could be recovered. And depending on how he bound her(if he did at all) her hands could have been taped in front of her, or depending on the route he was taking her, she might have needed to be able to use her hands to crawl/push through dense woods...of course all JMO too :)

To me also it seems as though LE is at a loss as to where Holly is, or how she is. Having a POI, if they have one (which apparently they deny) so often does not help solve the mystery and in fact can go on for years...(poor Stacy Peterson, for just one, Susan Powell, for another...)

The only other explanation I can think of for the lack of asking public for new help or providing public with info to look out for (vehicles, description) or even more searchers, is the highly unlikely one tossed about the past few days that she has been recovered and they are keeping it secret...but that does not make sense to me at all and I think it is close to impossible.

OY Vey!

"an e-mail was sent" :waitasec:
well gee. that was easy.

Anyway, the CBS report quoted Helms as saying "people of interest". I remember thinking that was strange wording at the time. :rolleyes:

So Helms' response to "an e-mail was sent" says she said nothing about a person of interest. Which is technically true. She said "people of interest".

:rolling:

About the only thing we can believe anymore is a video interview from LE. And those are always so ... uptight.

just ignore me. I get grumpy about bloggers who write columns for hits and reporters who misquote and mislead. Also for hits.

said they have 2 small clues!!!!!!!! (the lunch tote and what?)
they will search if there is credible evidence!

We have no idea whatsoever what LE has turned up or what they have, other than what the media have stated, LE has never stated that they have suspended their searching, just the volunteer searches have been suspended.

I bet we will be hearing about Holly next year when the 1 year anni comes up.

I hope they find her sooner so that her family can mourn her and find closure.

I think at this point, it is very obvious to everyone here that she is most likely gone.

I just hope she did not suffer and whatever was used it was a quick death.

:(

If LE found her phone and it had a recent photo of Holly to show she was alive as of that date, for example, they (Holly/kidnapper) would have either needed to buy a phone charger, or the abductor must have had the same kind, in order to be able to use the phone as many as 10-11 days after the abduction, unless Holly carried her charger with her, which would be unusual. Right? Wouldn't the phone be dead long before that 2nd weekend?

(I don't believe the photo on phone theory personally but it has come up several times.)

To me also it seems as though LE is at a loss as to where Holly is, or how she is. Having a POI, if they have one (which apparently they deny) so often does not help solve the mystery and in fact can go on for years...(poor Stacy Peterson, for just one, Susan Powell, for another...)

The only other explanation I can think of for the lack of asking public for new help or providing public with info to look out for (vehicles, description) or even more searchers, is the highly unlikely one tossed about the past few days that she has been recovered and they are keeping it secret...but that does not make sense to me at all and I think it is close to impossible.

Makes no sense to me either. No secret they are keeping,,,No POI. I dont think they are standing back watching anyone and waiting for them to lead them to her they could be waiting for a longgggggg time ...

Tennessee DHS Mission Statement:

The Tennessee Office of Homeland Security has the primary responsibility and authority for directing statewide activities pertaining to the prevention of, and protection from, terrorist related events. This responsibility includes the development and implementation of a comprehensive and coordinated strategy to secure the state from terrorist threats and attacks. Further, the office of Homeland Security serves as a liaison between federal, state and local agencies, and private sector on matters relating to the security of our state and citizens.
•AWARENESS – Identify and understand terrorist threats within Tennessee.
•PREVENTION – Detect, deter, and mitigate terrorist threats to Tennessee.
•PROTECTION – Safeguard our citizens, their freedoms, property, and the economy of Tennessee from acts of Terrorism.
•RESPONSE – Assist in coordinating the response to terrorist related events.
•ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE – Putting the safety of our citizens first.

okay it's a commision for the State of TN Homeland Security, still don't see why they'd be involved, but alright it's not the Feds.

I bet we will be hearing about Holly next year when the 1 year anni comes up.

I hope they find her sooner so that her family can mourn her and find closure.

I think at this point, it is very obvious to everyone here that she is most likely gone.

I just hope she did not suffer and whatever was used it was a quick death.

:(
bbm.. (I am addressing the bold) I surly hope not. I hope something happens before that time.

otherwise, sadly, I agree with the rest of your post

If LE found her phone and it had a recent photo of Holly to show she was alive as of that date, for example, they (Holly/kidnapper) would have either needed to buy a phone charger, or the abductor must have had the same kind, in order to be able to use the phone as many as 10-11 days after the abduction, unless Holly carried her charger with her, which would be unusual. Right? Wouldn't the phone be dead long before that 2nd weekend?

(I don't believe the photo on phone theory personally but it has come up several times.)

Yep but maybe it wasnt her phone.

I don't think this is the case, partly because the phone would have been left someplace where it was sure to be found, not found by chance, if the kidnapper wanted LE to know she was alive (I do not believe Holly is leaving a "trail"). Also because my impression was that her mom was grateful that something was found, anything, that might help the investigation or at least continue the searches, as the day before, LE had stated that the investigation might change/move nationwide after Sunday, if nothing was found.

As far as early morning attacks, joggers are out during these hours, often an "easy target" due to headphones, distractions, etc...not that uncommon.

That did not strike me the way it just did until now...THAT is very convenient to keep the search local..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay