TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't the scenario I was addressing.

It is also really hard to control a passenger when the perp is driving. She could have jumped out of the car or grabbed the wheel, etc.

It's also difficult to control the kidnapped person if she's driving. She could have driven them off the road or into a tree, or just jumped out of the car, etc.

Too many things that the perp couldn't control in her car, imo. Walking off ... he's got control over a small woman.

Unless the victim is in the trunk.

EVENTUALLY being the key word here. Had he taken Holly in her car, it would have given him at least several hours when everybody would believe Holly to be in school - AND LE would not be able to ascertain exactly where she disappeared from once they began looking. They would also have no reason to believe that she was endangered and may have had to wait the 24 hours or whatever it is before they begin looking for an adult.

That would give him plenty of time to do whatever it was he was going to do, move the car somewhere and torch it to get rid of the evidence (and God forbid, he could have torched the car with Holly in it).

I am becoming more convinced that at least initially, he didn't plan on taking her from the property.
It may have bought him some time, however, it wouldn't be long before someone would notice she never made it to school. And having to dispose of the vehicle he would also run the risk of being seen with it. The way he just disappeared into the woods with Holly appears to have worked so far.....with it being almost three weeks since she's been seen and apparently no solid leads where she is or who he is. MOO

Do we know if the rumored blood was found by the carport?

blood is not rumored. and it was found at the carport. and it was not a "lethal" amount of blood. whatever that means.

so we know there was blood found at the carport .... we just don't know anything about the blood.

Unless the victim is in the trunk.

Her car didn't move. She's not in the trunk of her car.

IF you've changed the scenario and he walked her out into the woods (and not driven her car to his car) and put her in HIS trunk ... then he could go anywhere unnoticed and with "ease". IMO.

That makes more sense. IMO.

It may have bought him some time, however, it wouldn't be long before someone would notice she never made it to school. And having to dispose of the vehicle he would also run the risk of being seen with it. The way he just disappeared into the woods with Holly appears to have worked so far.....with it being almost three weeks since she's been seen and apparently no solid leads where she is or who he is. MOO

Well you have a good point there, that however strange it may seem to some of us that he didn't take Holly's car, the way he did it, however that may have been, certainly did work.

LE has flat out said it wasn't the neighbor, but will not release who the female caller was that made the 2nd 911 call.

Let me see if I understand what your saying.

a 911 call was placed to LE about hearing a woman scream.
LE is not saying who placed that call, only that it was a womans voice.
Maybe a neighbor called maybe not.

doesn't LE have caller ID?

It has worked ... sadly. :( IMO

LE knows who called, they're just not releasing that info.

they know where a 911 call is comming from...believe me they know ,,when my son was little the pre school taught them to call 911 , WELL MY SON CALLED AND THE COPS were right there at my door!LOL

Her car didn't move. She's not in the trunk of her car.

IF you've changed the scenario and he walked her out into the woods (and not driven her car to his car) and put her in HIS trunk ... then he could go anywhere unnoticed and with "ease". IMO.

That makes more sense. IMO.

Sorry, I thought the discussion was part of the earlier conversation about why the perp didn't take Holly's car.

THEY know who the caller was - they are just not telling the public. Why? Who knows?

They are not releasing the 911 tapes.

LE has flat out said it wasn't the neighbor, but will not release who the female caller was that made the 2nd 911 call.

Do you have a link for this?

Although LE is now saying it will not identify the second caller, two early accounts - one from the sheriff and another from a neighbor - confirm that a neighbor heard the screams and called 911:
---
A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.
---
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html
also....
Reporter: “Who exactly saw this young lady taken?”
Sheriff Wyatt: “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house, and didn’t see it, but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”
---
http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

Both links from Case Signal: http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

Sorry, I thought the discussion was part of the earlier conversation about why the perp didn't take Holly's car.

I started with your post #233. I answered in post #367 and then it went off into "make believe world" and now we're here. lol. I need to go eat some protein or something. All this "what if's" is giving me a headache.

I think the reason that CB was not concerned when he saw Holly and supposed DS is, they were already headed into the woods at that point. It is just a shame that he didn't look out sooner and see the initial confrontation between these two. I am sure this would have had an entirely different outcome. Who knows what happened when she first spotted this person? I would think she had to have been totally freaked out! I live in a very wooded area and if anyone strange, or otherwise, were standing in my driveway at that time of the morning I would have been totally horrified. I think she was in shock. I think the reason she still has her things is that he told her to remain calm...Don't cause a scene, especially if he knew CB was at home. One more thing, if you look from Google Earth, Swan Johnson road appears to run north to south for the most part. If CB is looking toward the carport he is looking west from my point of view at a pc. One more thing that strikes me as funny here, and trust me, I find nothing about this situation this poor girl found herself in as funny! I work from home, the first news bulletin came on at 12 noon here. When they stated that her brother witnessed her being "drug" across the carport, I am thinking in my mind of a caveman scenario where she it literally being "dragged" off into the woods. Mind boggling at the time...Still is. Poor guy! No wonder people from all over the world went nuts! I have 2 brothers, if one of my brothers had seen someone dragging me across the yard into the woods, God help them! JMO I also believe he put her in the trunk, I think this is when the poor child probably screamed...

I dont think so only because where would the story about the scream come from if it was her?

If the neighbor called the mom or, more likely IMO, the Bobo home and said "Hey, I just heard a woman screaming, did you hear that? Are you guys OK?" kind of thing...than LE would still know about the screaming heard. Did LE actually say the other 911 call reported screams?

I also wonder if Holly was able to somehow able to dial 911 at some point, and that is why they aren't saying who... I mean, why would they want to keep the identity of the 2nd 911 caller secret? What is the tactical benefit of that, if that's why they aren't telling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member