TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever stated he was Caucasian? Or is this an assumption because the brother thought it was the boyfriend? If he never saw him from the front how can this even be known?

The description is, basically, useless. It was a man, he wore camo and he was not small-framed or short.

Please tell me LE knows lots and lots more than this, yet I am not feeling that they do.

Ha-Ha - Great minds thinking alike! I obviously didn't read your post before I posted my own.

There's been a lot of discussion today about the fact that the description of the perp has changed from the way that Holly's brother described him three weeks ago, but it may very well be that LE is connecting this perp to another case such as the attempted abduction where the girl got away. That girl got an up front and personal look at that perp. Holly's brother saw Holly's perp from a distance. The girl who got away described her perp as tall and thin, but even at 6' and 200 lbs the perp wouldn't be considered heavy by any sense of the word. Hope this helps explain as to why things may have changed.

Decatur county 94% white. Henderson county 90% white, according to Wikipedia. I think if he wasn't caucasian, that would have been noticed for sure.

Decatur county 94% white. Henderson county 90% white, according to Wikipedia. I think if he wasn't caucasian, that would have been noticed for sure.

But how could one tell, from behind, if they only saw camo and sort of saw height? What skin would be showing? I'm not saying he isn't white, but kind of hard to pin it down and it seems no one is.

Okay, call me crazy, but wasn't this the first set of perp info that we got? I'll have to go look in the morning, but I swear that in the initial reports, the perp was listed as 5'10 - 6'0 and 180-200 lbs.
And then they shrunk him, and now they grew him back to square one and added 20 pounds...I must be crazy. Or possibly too many media reports and changed info has seriously fornicated with my mind.

Found it. As early as the 16th of April, and possibly earlier than that:
The man who was seen with Bobo outside her home is described as dressed in full camouflage clothing, approximately 5'10" to 6 foot tall, and from 180 to 200 pounds.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

The update description isn't really an update, in my eyes, more of a throwback...LE saying, "Sorry folks, we had it right the first time. Carry on."

ETA Again: Okay, so sue me, if you can call adding an inch and 20 pounds to the original, after they had shrunk him 2-4 inches an "update", then they did update, since the newest estimate is 5'10-6'1 and 200-200lbs. But really? This seems like a blatant attempt to keep public interest, and I hate to tell them, but it's too little, too late. IMO.

About the types of jobs that don't have 8-5 hours. I can think of several.
Nursing homes
Hospitals
Fast food places
Factories
Home health workers
Lab techs
May be quite a few more, but I don't think I've ever held down more than two jobs that had regular 8-5 working hours, in my whole life. Most jobs were shift work or odd hours.
And, there's always the possibility that he took off work that day or the night before.
If you worked a job all night and got off at 7 a.m., would you be up to kidnapping someone at 7:30??? Nah... you'd want to go home and take a nap.

hmmm..... bartenders???

Maybe the brother was hypnotized...just guessing. Can't think why the perp got bigger weeks later.

Well, if it was a teenager, LE knows he has grown since the abduction??
:innocent: JK Sorry, I just had to. Can't think of any other reason.

For what it's worth, since I'm not in the South, a lot of our shift jobs are 3 p.m.-11 p.m., 11 p.m. - 7 a.m., and 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. if the same shifts run in the south (which I don't know if they do, it would have been the prefect time for someone getting off of third shift to nab her. JMO.

I don't think they have a suspect...
What they put out to "clarify" the description is not enough for anyone to say, oh yeah,maybe it IS Joe Schmoe after all, I didn't think it could be until they added that extra inch...

updated description of perp - from TBI

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bobo-three-weeks-later,0,1587938.story

TBI agent John Mehr told News Channel 3 the man believed to have taken Holly from her Darden home on April 13 is 5'10" to 6'1" and between 200 and 220 lbs.

LOL! They grew him from 5'8" to 5'10"!!!!

Personally-that makes a difference to me- the 5'8" 200lbs always bugged me, because that would mean he's shorter and stocky or shorter and pudgy.
To me the new discription says a large man...

But how could one tell, from behind, if they only saw camo and sort of saw height? What skin would be showing? I'm not saying he isn't white, but kind of hard to pin it down and it seems no one is.
Back of the neck? Hands, arms, hair beneath hat? I don't think another race would have been mistaken for the bf even at a glance.

Okay, call me crazy, but wasn't this the first set of perp info that we got? I'll have to go look in the morning, but I swear that in the initial reports, the perp was listed as 5'10 - 6'0 and 180-200 lbs.
And then they shrunk him, and now they grew him back to square one and added 20 pounds...I must be crazy. Or possibly too many media reports and changed info has seriously fornicated with my mind.

Found it. As early as the 16th of April, and possibly earlier than that:
The man who was seen with Bobo outside her home is described as dressed in full camouflage clothing, approximately 5'10" to 6 foot tall, and from 180 to 200 pounds.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

The update description isn't really an update, in my eyes, more of a throwback...LE saying, "Sorry folks, we had it right the first time. Carry on."

ETA Again: Okay, so sue me, if you can call adding an inch and 20 pounds to the original, after they had shrunk him 2-4 inches an "update", then they did update, since the newest estimate is 5'10-6'1 and 200-200lbs. But really? This seems like a blatant attempt to keep public interest, and I hate to tell them, but it's too little, too late. IMO.

I've always looked at the FBI poster
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@...selected-uid=bb1bd1153dd631706de0eeee72b0c4ba

Back of the neck? Hands, arms, hair beneath hat? I don't think another race would have been mistaken for the bf even at a glance.

Possibly, but we have never heard a word about hair. So was any of it visible at all?

One thing I have wondered about. Nobody seems to know if she had a part time job while going to school. What if she was dancing at the gentleman's club nights? The one right off I40 at her exit. A customer might have become obsessed with her, and followed her home. Then they just hung out outside until she came out the next morning?

WS is Law Enforcement friendly. Until MSM reports that there is a problem with the investigation WE are not going down that path. There has been no indication that LE is doing anything but working night and day with several other counties and the TBI to solve this case. The TBI is a state agency. http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/

One thing I have wondered about. Nobody seems to know if she had a part time job while going to school. What if she was dancing at the gentleman's club nights? The one right off I40 at her exit. A customer might have become obsessed with her, and followed her home. Then they just hung out outside until she came out the next morning?

It would make for a juicy twist, but to hide that from her parents, church, and bf? I don't think it would be possible, especially for her to maintain things like early morning classes and singing in the church choir on Sunday morning after dancing all night. Exotic dancing is not an easy job, it is physically and mentally exhausting. Not to mention, these are small communities and a lot of talk goes on in small communities. If someone, even one person had seen her, everyone would have known.

Well, if it was a teenager, LE knows he has grown since the abduction??
:innocent: JK Sorry, I just had to. Can't think of any other reason.

Thank you for that laugh...it's been a LONG day and it was nice to end it with a chuckle...

:floorlaugh:

The "full camo" discription always bothered me..
What does that mean..?? a long sleeved shirt or jacket..?? a hat or a stocking cap..? dark green or light green..?? Things that I think would help find the perp...!!

Sorry if it's been answered but what the holy blue blazes is turkey camo?

I've heard of desert camo, urban camo, deep woods camo and girly camo, but turkey camo means nothing to me.

Sorry if it's been answered but what the holy blue blazes is turkey camo?

I've heard of desert camo, urban camo, deep woods camo and girly camo, but turkey camo means nothing to me.

I think someone posted a youtube video to show what it is. I also have no idea, I only know about camo from the armed services :) Not for clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892